PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Vilmah "Villie" Grahrk figure cannot be kitbashed from Labria Cinema Scene

Tycho
07-11-2006, 12:44 AM
The rumor is that Villie, a Devaronian mercenary and frequent "partner" with Quinlan Vos, is coming with Quin in his EU 2-pack next year.

HASBRO cannot kit bash using the Devaronian from the Mos Eisley cantina that they already made: Labria - who's included in the 1998 Cinema Scene "Cantina Aliens #2."

Villie's and Labria's horns (they're devil looking guys) point in opposite directions I believe (Villie's go back and Labria's go forward - see pictures attached). Additionally, Villie wears pirate earrings because he wished as many women wanted him as Johnny Depp. Villie is red, while Labria is white (they're different races on Devaron -that's all - like there's 4 different colors of Twi'leks)

Villie wears cross-drawn holsters (like Jango Fett or a Clone Commander, but not exactly - they couldn't be kitbashed - as they are more like dual "Han Solo holsters" than anything else. Han is right handed, so that leaves a problem with Villie's left).

Villie also wears original armor. He really needs to be a totally new sculpt.

Hasbro better not repaint Labria. But you know they're thinking about it.

:rolleyes:

figrin bran
07-11-2006, 01:04 AM
i agree with tycho. they absolutely must not repaint a labria and try to pass it off as villie and if they do, i'd rather have an aayla repack.

Tycho
07-11-2006, 01:43 AM
Thanks Figrin. I do believe it was all but officially confirmed it will be Villie however - I think on Rebelscum if I'm not mistaken - though be wary, that is still rumor until Hasbro solidly confirms it which is why Steve hasn't posted that. (BTW: has Galactic Hunter fallen by the wayside while my friend, the webmaster there, has been too busy career-wise to really do a whole lot with his site? SSG is really king of SW collecting on the web!)

Anyway, we have 3 figures of Aayla already: AOTC 2003, ROTS 2005, and Holographic ROTS 2005.

That's enough for me for a while.

figrin bran
07-11-2006, 02:28 AM
a dark side sora bulq would be nice too. though i could always just make one myself.

Darth Cruel
07-11-2006, 03:28 PM
HASBRO cannot kit bash using the Devaronian from the Mos Eisley cantina that they already made: Labria - who's included in the 1998 Cinema Scene "Cantina Aliens #2."...Hasbro better not repaint Labria. But you know they're thinking about it.

:rolleyes:

When I started reading this post, I thought..."I know Tycho didn't fall off the truck last night". The last line gave me great relief. With Hasbro's "close enough, it'll make us some money" attitude, we are all but guaranteed a Labria repaint with our kit-bashed Quinlan Vos'.

JediTricks
07-11-2006, 03:42 PM
It wouldn't be that hard to retool the previous figure's horns and give him earrings. At that point, just give the sculpt a better paint job and it'd look fine I think.

JON9000
07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
"Villie" and "Labria"? Where are "Mulva" and "Veenie"? :lipsrsealed:

Jargo
07-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Villie should have more of a sneer than Labria. like a lopsided grin. and definitely not be a repaint of labria. I think Villie needs to be in some sort of leather outfit. more spacer looking than urban tatooine labria. Villie needs to look like he's swaggering and arrogant. Labria didn't really do anything besides be drunk in the cantina. Villie is far superior in character. about the only EU character I like.

JON9000
07-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Villie should have more of a sneer than Labria. like a lopsided grin. and definitely not be a repaint of labria. I think Villie needs to be in some sort of leather outfit. more spacer looking than urban tatooine labria. Villie needs to look like he's swaggering and arrogant. Labria didn't really do anything besides be drunk in the cantina. Villie is far superior in character. about the only EU character I like.

It took me a sec to realize you weren't adding to my joke with that post!! lol

Jargo
07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
me, joke? would I ever...