PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's stock falls; 2006 sales decline; major investor sells all its shares

Tycho
07-11-2006, 08:53 AM
We could have told them so.

Instead they had to produce those custom choppers and pay for tooling on those. :rolleyes:

Obi-Wan and Anakin are 1 per case, as are Han and Luke - but the racks look like solid cases of Lushros Dofine shipped.

Hound and Smokescreen Alternators were repainted again using the ugliest colors Hasbro could find and really silly decale work (Rollbar's not that bad when you match him up to California beach lifeguard vehicles - but who wanted him anyway?)

Zizzle got the huge Pirates of the Carribean license which is turning out to be THE movie of the summer.

It looks like Hasbro fell asleep at the wheel after the success of ROTS blew everyone away with record profits last year.

JON9000
07-11-2006, 05:19 PM
the team in charge of POTC is comprised of former Kenner and Hasbro people. Read this article:

http://www.theithacajournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060711/LIFESTYLE06/607110321/1046

When you let visionaries go (like the guy who signed SW in the first place), you are bound to get screwed. But remember, never underestimate the power of having movie support. If Transformers is a hit, now would be a good time to buy Hasbro stock.

Tycho
07-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Haha. I remember Jennifer Donahoe - she used to answer Star Wars Q&A's.

I don't know if you can make a ton of toy company stock period, but Hasbro sure kicked butt in 2005 (though not like the oil / energy companies).

decadentdave
07-12-2006, 01:48 AM
I think the Zizzle success is pretty much a combination of timing and luck. I remember when Toy Biz got the license to Batman in '89 and hit it big. So big that Kenner had to pony up to buy the license in '91 before Batman Returns came out with their "improved" Dark Knight collection. Nowadays, movie merchandise is pretty trendy. I also remember when Trendmasters struck out with licenses to Godzilla and Lost in Space. As predicted, Star Wars has cooled off since Sith because kids want something fresh and Star Wars is out. As for the core of loyal Star Wars collectors, Hasbro continues to alienate them with neverending re-hashed repaints, Choppers, and overpriced and impossible to find exclusives and stupid promotions (UGH) that are facilitating the decline and interest of the line. I was not surprised in the slightest when I read about their losses and investor pullout. If I owned stock in Hasbro, I'd dump it too.

I met Jen at the first Star Wars Celebration in Denver. I always wondered what happened to her after Andy took over from her. She had such a nice smile and a great personality. I'm glad to see she has found success in her career. She earned it.

2-1B
07-12-2006, 03:09 AM
fo shizzle, my Zizzle.

seanmcfripp
07-12-2006, 07:51 AM
As for the core of loyal Star Wars collectors, Hasbro continues to alienate them with neverending re-hashed repaints, Choppers, and overpriced and impossible to find exclusives and stupid promotions (UGH) that are facilitating the decline and interest of the line.

I'm one of the "core of loyal Star Wars collectors," and I don't feel alienated in the slightest way. Of said core, completists are a niche within a niche.

"re-hashed repaints" - For every collector that whines about being "forced" to buy a rehash, there are just as many, if not more collectors who have no problem with core characters being re-released. If it keeps new collectors, kids, and casual fans happy, then I'm all for rehashes.

Choppers - If completist collectors feel forced to buy these, then completist collectors are idiots.

"overpriced and impossible to find exclusives" - The market sets the price. If you think Target exclusives are too expensive at $12 a pop, then vote with your dollars (i.e. don't buy them). Seeing as how Target exclusive clones sold out almost immediately, I'd say Target could have and maybe even should have charged more. And how are Target's or TRU's inflated prices Hasbro's fault?

"stupid promotions (UGH)" - Again, if the completist collector feels an overwhelming need to have every single one of a bunch of little blue, red, and "pewter" chess pieces, then said completist collector needs to lighten up.

decadentdave
07-12-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm one of the "core of loyal Star Wars collectors," and I don't feel alienated in the slightest way. Of said core, completists are a niche within a niche.

"re-hashed repaints" - For every collector that whines about being "forced" to buy a rehash, there are just as many, if not more collectors who have no problem with core characters being re-released. If it keeps new collectors, kids, and casual fans happy, then I'm all for rehashes.

Choppers - If completist collectors feel forced to buy these, then completist collectors are idiots.

"overpriced and impossible to find exclusives" - The market sets the price. If you think Target exclusives are too expensive at $12 a pop, then vote with your dollars (i.e. don't buy them). Seeing as how Target exclusive clones sold out almost immediately, I'd say Target could have and maybe even should have charged more. And how are Target's or TRU's inflated prices Hasbro's fault?

"stupid promotions (UGH)" - Again, if the completist collector feels an overwhelming need to have every single one of a bunch of little blue, red, and "pewter" chess pieces, then said completist collector needs to lighten up.

Yeah, that's why Demise of Grievous is warming the pegs at Target and Choppers, Unleashed Battle Packs, VTSC and Saga figures are overflowing at all of the Walmarts in my city. I rest my case.

2-1B
07-12-2006, 01:47 PM

I happen to agree with your assessment of the idiotic nature of a collector (generally speaking, of course) who feels forced to buy the. :)

Tycho
07-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, that's why Demise of Grievous is warming the pegs at Target and Choppers, Unleashed Battle Packs, VTSC and Saga figures are overflowing at all of the Walmarts in my city. I rest my case.

I didn't want it, but just FYI, it seemed my Target never got the Demise of Grievous figure. I've never seen it in person. But like I said, I've never tried to find it and I haven't been toy hunting for nearly a month. After I got 8 Hem Dazons, that was it.

I only have plans to buy 3 Chirpas, probably 3 Jerjerrods (or 2), and the Transformer Alternator Mirage - when I get around to looking for them.

seanmcfripp
07-12-2006, 04:37 PM

Rest your case? Well, un-rest it, because I'm confused by your response. Your argument originally was:

As for the core of loyal Star Wars collectors, Hasbro continues to alienate them with neverending re-hashed repaints, Choppers, and overpriced and impossible to find exclusives and stupid promotions (UGH) that are facilitating the decline and interest of the line.

So you believe Demise of Grievous is warming pegs because collectors feel alienated by the idea of such an exclusive? I think it's peg warming because it's just not that cool of a figure, not because a segment of the collecting community decided to boycott it. I think completists and those few who thought it was a decent figure bought one, and the rest of us didn't. If everyone who wanted one got one, and everyone who didn't saved $13, who's alienated in this situation? Now if Hasbro decided to make some really important, definitive version of a core character (like a VOTC style Jedi Luke or something) a limited, hard to find exclusive, then yeah, collectors would be up in arms and threaten to "quit" collecting. But in my opinion, Hasbro's exclusives have been perfect, being just unique enough to pique the interest of completists, but just bland and rehashy enough not to offend the more causal collectors (like me). Again, who is Hasbro alienating?

And how does piling up of Choppers, VTSC, Saga figures, and Unleashed Battle packs prove that collectors feel alienated?

- VTSC sold fairly well in the beginning, but I think they were just over produced (or over-ordered). I think Hasbro also made a mistake with only having one assortment at an even ratio. After all the Stormtrooper Lucas hunters got their fill, who was left to buy all the extra Greedos, Hans, and Lukes? Nobody, because mom and dad aren't going to buy an $11 Han when there's a $6 Han on the peg next to it. The original VOTC worked better because it had multiple waves and assortments over a longer period of time. But do you really think they're warming pegs because collectors feel alienated by something or other (which I'm hoping you'll explain) and are deliberately not buying them? Come on. "We" all love VOTC and VTCS style figures. Problem is there just aren't that many of "us."

- People need to stop whining about Saga figures "piling up." Stuff isn't sitting around any more or less than it ever has over the last 10 years. In other words, it feels like any other non-movie year, only stuff seems to be a litter better distributed with only a few peg warming characters.

- Unleashed Battle Packs are another example of making a niche market out of a niche market out of a niche market. Star Wars collectors are a very small group of folks. A portion of us only collect Hasbro stuff. Only a portion of that portion collected Unleashed. And now, Unleashed Battle packs cater to only a portion of that portion, maybe picking up a few folks who didn't like the big Unleashed figures, but like these little guys. If Unleashed battle packs aren't selling, it's not because collectors are boycotting them, it's because there just aren't enough people in an already tiny market to absorb them. If they were cooler (maybe had some vehicles and playsets), more 3 3/4 inch collectors like myself would buy them, but they aren't, so I pay them no mind. I still collect 3 3/4 just as much, if not more than I ever did. Maybe the introduction of the little Unleashed figures alienated a few big Unleashed fans, but I'd have to think that there aren't many of you out there.

- Choppers. Lay off it folks, Hasbro thought kids would like them. They seem to sell ok, not great, but they don't pile quite as badly as people around here want you to believe. They're for kids, so if they don't sell, it's because kids didn't want them, not because collectors boycotted as a result of some feeling of alienation. And no, choppers aren't taking up shelf space that could have gone to a Cloud Car or a 3 3/4 inch Turbo Tank.

Collectors will start feeling alienated if and when the quality of the 3 3/4 inch products start declining. As long as the actual figures themselves are good (which they are now, for the most part), then we'll always find a reason to fork over a few bucks every month to support a collecting habit. If they start cutting corners in terms of design and execution, that's when we start jumping ship.

As far as Star Wars under-performing profit-wise for Hasbro, I dunno what to say, it's just like any other non-movie year. The loyal are still here buying like we always have, but the truth of the matter is that there just really aren't that many of us, at least compared to the group of folks who bought ROTS stuff for the kiddies last year.

fo shizzle, my Zizzle.

That's twice now in the same thread. One more, and you're out. Besides, we all know your street cred is questionable at best.

decadentdave
07-12-2006, 04:49 PM
McFripp dude, you need to chill. You're the one making a big deal out of this, not me.

Fact: VTSC, Choppers, Transformers, Grievous, Defense of the Senate Battle Packs, Saga figs, Unleashed Battle Packs... are all overstocked in the metro Denver area and they can't give the shi away. Target even has them marked down.

I could care less. My interests in Hasbro have declined. I've moved on to better things.

JediTricks
07-12-2006, 05:23 PM
I also remember when Trendmasters struck out with licenses to Godzilla and Lost in Space.It was a good thing they had "Battlefield Earth" to fall back on then. lol They didn't do too well with ID4 either, Trendmasters kinda sucked at everything, they only made 1 good Voltron toy when they had that license.

I think the Zizzle POTC: DMC line captures what Hasbro often no longer understands - fun toy, good accessories, low price.

Caesar, you used it twice, that's more than you deserve. :p

Hasbro overinvested themselves in dubious Star Wars product that satisfied neither their devoted collector market nor their primary-focus kid market. It's not that surprising, you look at what they're offering on shelves right now - not just in Star Wars - and there isn't much to point to as a true standout right now.
- Star Wars - faultering.
- GI Joe - they're strangling it to death with Sigma 6 that just doesn't seem to be catching on.
- Transformers - one of their strongest lines, doing well but slowing as it holds its breath for the new Classics line.
- Nerf - supposedly one of their growing brands, yet you never see it sell.
- Littlest Pet Shop - another growth brand for them. Really?
- Magic the Gathering - this is still around? Yet another brand they say is part of the reason they saw increases.
- Supersoaker - and one more growth brand holding them up, yet it's like Nerf, I never see any purchases.
- Board games - another one holding them up, not exactly a toy though.

decadentdave
07-12-2006, 07:27 PM
I stopped at the Lone Tree Target on my way to work this afternoon and counted a whopping 42 Defense of the Senate Battle Packs and 25 Demise of Grievous clogging the pegs. They had all of the Tatooine Saga wave and VTSC, Titanium 3", ROTS vehicle repacks,Titanium Deluxe figs, Unleashed Battle Packs and Transformers. On the other side of the aisle was full of POTC. What's funny is that they had already marked down the POTC stuff on the DAY of the film's release. I remember seeing Superman deluxe figures marked down with the red tag last week as well.

Blue2th
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM
If Transformers is a hit, now would be a good time to buy Hasbro stock.
Not only that, but what about the upcoming TV series and CGI animated series. What if they are a smash hit? A good time to buy before all that happens. It's a gamble yes.

jjreason
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
JT - having a daughter that loves Littlest Pet Shop, I'll speak out and say these things are WAY, WAY harder to find (the shortpacks, I mean) than any basic SW figure. They sell out at stores around here almost immediately. They're fairly priced and have almost universal appeal to kids that show up here to play - boys & girls. To see what I mean, run checks of LPS Panda Bears and LPS Monkeys on ebay. They're going bananas.

Sorry, back to the main topic.

JediTricks
07-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Ok, well there ya go then, Hasbro knows how to make a niche girls toy, even if they are freaky big-headed animals with large eyes. :p (not to offend, but they are shipped as girls toys I believe) I can see why that would make them a major entry in the overall toy market. ;)

BTW, I forgot to mention Hasbro's Tiger Electronics - I read somewhere they've been taking a beating.

Rogue II
07-12-2006, 10:00 PM
- Littlest Pet Shop - another growth brand for them. Really?

I believe it. Between my daughter's birthday, and other holidays over the past year, we've easily spent about $80 on those. Her grandparents probably spent another $40 each, too. They have the little basic animal packs, then 4 different sized playsets ($10, $15, $20, and one larger $30ish). Lots of repaints and re-releases of the same animals. Like JJ said, some are hard to get. Along with the panda and monkey, my wife said something about a goldfish, too.

Does Hasbro make Polly Pocket, too? Don't get me started on Polly Pocket.

2-1B
07-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Rest your case? Well, un-rest it, because I'm confused by your response.

For some reason (maybe because I've watched the movie hundreds of times :D ) I just heard Walter Sobchak say "they can f***ing UN-POST it!!!" lol lol lol

That's twice now in the same thread. One more, and you're out. Besides, we all know your street cred is questionable at best.

Caesar, you used it twice, that's more than you deserve.

:confused:

Not sure what you guys mean, I didn't repeat anything. :confused:

Maybe you read my post twice? :confused:

Tycho
07-13-2006, 07:34 AM
Haha. I grew up with the Hasbro employee who probably invented the Little Pet Shop toys. I mean they've known me probably since the 3rd or 4th grade - I forget which.

figrin bran
07-13-2006, 12:14 PM
over on EE, they aren't taking orders for wave 4 of the Titanium Figures (C3PO, Grievous). the natural speculation from this would be either 1) this wave will be exclusive to a particular store or 2) due to sluggish sales, the line is getting pulled. or being put on "hiatus" to borrow from their comments regarding 7" unleashed last year.

jjreason
07-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Believe it or not, LPS is yet another retro line freshened up and brought back from years ago. There are still "vintage collectors" of those as well, with detailed websites, etc.

It's a cult. Stay as far away from those things as possible - especially if you're a "trained completist", and have a penchant for being driven crazy by not having a full set of something.

decadentdave
07-13-2006, 01:40 PM
over on EE, they aren't taking orders for wave 4 of the Titanium Figures (C3PO, Grievous). the natural speculation from this would be either 1) this wave will be exclusive to a particular store or 2) due to sluggish sales, the line is getting pulled. or being put on "hiatus" to borrow from their comments regarding 7" unleashed last year.

That sucks, but not surprising. I actually really like the Titanium deluxe figures. I have them all so far. Can't wait for IG-88 and the 501st Clonetrooper. Hope those don't get put on hiatus.

General_Grievous
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM
The Star Wars line is starting to falter a bit. I haven't even picked up the Tatooine wave yet and I've been seeing it for about a month, since they're all pegwarming here. Plus, I'm not entirely interested in that wave because the only new character is Hem Dazon. There's no way the line is lasting until 2018. The Toy Biz Lord of the Rings line was supposed to continue throughout 2006, but it came to a stop last year. But Star Wars still has the Unaltered DVDs, possible 3D versions of the saga, and a couple of TV shows to go, so I say the line has about five years of life left. But Hasbro should be doing much better next year since they acquired the Marvel license. You know how many Spider-Man 3 toys they're gonna sell? To quote Master Shake, "Hundreds. Literally....hundreds". :)

decadentdave
07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Just because Hasbro has the license until 2018 DOES NOT MEAN they will continue to manufacture products under the license until then. If sales are sluggish, they could cease production and then either sit on the license until it lapses or sell it off to another company like they did with Sideshow and the 12" license.

Personally, I'd be more interested to see what another company could do with the license once Hasbro churns out all of the secondary screen characters they haven't made yet. It would be interesting if Art Asylum got the license and produced 7" scale figures like their Star Trek series for Diamond Select or another company who could produce more authentic scaled vehicles since Hasbro does not put much effort into that area of focus.

seanmcfripp
07-13-2006, 04:31 PM
For some reason (maybe because I've watched the movie hundreds of times :D ) I just heard Walter Sobchak say "they can f***ing UN-POST it!!!" lol lol lol

Yes, yes! Caesar gets my funny, and no one else does. Shomer f'n Shabbos!

JediTricks
07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Does Hasbro make Polly Pocket, too? Don't get me started on Polly Pocket.No, Mattel now makes Polly Pocket, though they didn't create it.

over on EE, they aren't taking orders for wave 4 of the Titanium Figures (C3PO, Grievous). the natural speculation from this would be either 1) this wave will be exclusive to a particular store or 2) due to sluggish sales, the line is getting pulled. or being put on "hiatus" to borrow from their comments regarding 7" unleashed last year.Or 3) Hasbro simply hasn't sent out a case assortment listing on it yet, since Titanium Series wave 3.5 is due in September which Hasbro is treating as the end of the year.

Believe it or not, LPS is yet another retro line freshened up and brought back from years ago. There are still "vintage collectors" of those as well, with detailed websites, etc. I looked it up, it was a Kenner line, so no surprise Hasbro is mooching on another license they merely bought. :p

Tycho
07-13-2006, 05:07 PM
I probably wouldn't continue to buy SW if another company besides Hasbro got the license and changed the scale.

I did buy:

Unleashed (they're awesome! - the 7" anyway)
12" - and I'm only getting the SideShows that Hasbro didn't do - save for Anakin
Galactic Heroes - but I'm waiting for Greedo and Wedge. I'm not interested in repaints
Force Battlers - nice to have SW I can just keep in a shoe box and screw with
Jedi Force - ditto - plus they're cute. I wished they made more vehicles
Master Replicas Force FX sabers - that's really a whole different thing anyway
Clone Wars Animated - they're so cool! Plus it's a little collection.

But my main focus is filling in the dioramas I have planned from the movies, and carving out a few EU scenes as well - like if I can have Luke and Mara vs. 5 Yuuzhan Vong warriors and Jaina and Jacen Solo take on Boba Fett. Or if I can make Quinlan Vos fight Mace Windu - that sort of thing.

jjreason
07-13-2006, 06:01 PM
JT - Regarding LPS being an old Kenner line: I'm not surprised by that either. Point is, they're doing excellent work marketing these things right now, and the merchandisers seem to be doing everything in their power to keep them on the shelves.

Now to Tycho's point: If Hasbro were to lose the licence (which I can't imagine happening), or turn it over to someone else - I think I'd have to hang up collecting. Someone else would than likely "start over", either at a new scale or at the same scale with new versions (and how could you not? Key characters = revenue, right?) - and I just can't afford the money or time to be bothered. There's been SO much stuff over the past 10 years, I'm pretty much satisfied at this point. A few things would be nice, but honestly I'm not really pining for anything.

Except Yarna, but that's a matter of principal. :love:

C5Jedi
07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Well some of the items have not been stocked very well in the stores. You can't buy the Hasbro SW items if the products are not on the shelves. Try asking a store employee if they have a SW item in stock in the back room and most will get a blank face and look like you just ask them to perform brain surgery. A lot of the time the items are not in stock.

Releasing the same figure over and over again in different packaging is getting old. Releasing the same vehicles again in different boxes is getting old. Lighsabers in this box and that box or with this tiny figure or with that dvd - it's getting old. Marketing the same items in different packaging over and over again.

Then there is the higher prices for the figures which as I stated earlier are often the same figures repackaged/redesigned.. Plus The recently released unleashed Hoth battle sets are great looking but are $22 each - a set of three would be $66 which I think a lot of parents would pass on for their kids which leaves just collectors buying - overpriced for what you get. I'm not surprised their stock has fallen and SW sales are down.

Rogue II
07-13-2006, 07:26 PM
There was an article about Hasbro's losses, saying that one of the reasons profits were lower is because 3 other toy lines based from movies (Cars, Superman, Pirates of the Carribean) came out this past quarter. Lump that in with all of the re-releases and there you go.

figrin bran
07-14-2006, 02:34 AM
That sucks, but not surprising. I actually really like the Titanium deluxe figures. I have them all so far. Can't wait for IG-88 and the 501st Clonetrooper. Hope those don't get put on hiatus.

ohhhh they better NOT put those on hiatus or cancel them. i haven't bought any of the titanium figs yet but i will most definitely buy IG-88 and the Tact Ops Trooper!

Hasbro's losses due to competing movie toy lines is bunch of bunk, i think. there are always movie toys every summer be it batman or fantastic four or spider man so what's so different about this summer?

Tycho
07-14-2006, 03:59 AM
Actually, next summer will rock for Hasbro as they have the licenses for Spider-Man and Transformers - the sure-to-be biggest films of next year.

Perhaps buying now while the stock is cheap is the way to go here. Sell next year around September - or wait for December if the lines are still going strong for Christmas sales.

That being said, movie licensed toys are not the high end of the stock market.

JON9000
07-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Actually, next summer will rock for Hasbro as they have the licenses for Spider-Man and Transformers - the sure-to-be biggest films of next year.

Perhaps buying now while the stock is cheap is the way to go here. Sell next year around September - or wait for December if the lines are still going strong for Christmas sales.

That being said, movie licensed toys are not the high end of the stock market.

Yeah, if you really want to make money, buy G1 Transformers now and sell them into the lead up to the movie when everybody is rabid for them.

figrin bran
07-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah, if you really want to make money, buy G1 Transformers now and sell them into the lead up to the movie when everybody is rabid for them.

noooo! don't do that! prices are already high for some of the vintage G1 TF's!

El Chuxter
07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
How much does a G1 Bludgeon MOMC go for? He's awesome. I don't see why every home doesn't have one.

Jargo
07-14-2006, 12:36 PM
I do.

hasbro sucks. That is all.

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Star Wars is a mainstay brand, yet Hasbro jacks up the price so high that the target audience can't or simply won't buy the chief product. It's a screwy thinking system all around.

Tycho
07-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Not just that, Lucas knows it's a mainstay brand - it has been for 28 years now (product came out in 78, not 77).

George charged Hasbro quite a premium for the license, and I'm sure he gets on-going royalties on everything.

Hasbro passes that cost on to us. That's why their figures are nearly $7 and larger Marvel ones are only around $5.

When Hasbro has the Marvel license, we're going to see. (Or are seeing - if they already do). I don't think Stan Lee has the same type of control that George Lucas does. I don't know.

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Their figures are $7 because the argument is that "it's not a movie year which means less people are buying, so we need to raise the price to compensate", but that's a backwards line of thinking to me, making die-hard collectors compensate for weaker overall sales will only lead to EVEN WEAKER overall sales, it's a downward spiral. Hasbro wants to make x-amount of profit, Lucas has stock in Hasbro, so the more SW they sell, the more profit they make, but the more they charge, the less they make overall (they make more per unit but sell far fewer units).

BTW, Kenner had Star Wars product out in '77, just not action figures, they had the Escape the Death Star board game and some other little junk.

C5Jedi
07-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Their figures are $7 because the argument is that "it's not a movie year which means less people are buying, so we need to raise the price to compensate", but that's a backwards line of thinking to me, making die-hard collectors compensate for weaker overall sales will only lead to EVEN WEAKER overall sales, it's a downward spiral. Hasbro wants to make x-amount of profit, Lucas has stock in Hasbro, so the more SW they sell, the more profit they make, but the more they charge, the less they make overall (they make more per unit but sell far fewer units).

BTW, Kenner had Star Wars product out in '77, just not action figures, they had the Escape the Death Star board game and some other little junk.

I agree. The increase in price is going to add on to the weaker sales; not bring in more profit.

They also have the problem of other costs for buyers. Things in life in general are going up in price (from gas to insurance, etc..) Plus you add in all of the other Star Wars items you can buy (Sideshow, Gentle Giants, Master Replicas, Legos, etc) with some of the other SW items/editions are getting fairly expensive as well. A majority of collectors may just be hitting the financial ceiling causing them to cut back and be more selective and Hasbro is the one getting cut out of the picture since they increased their prices and have a lot of repackaging.