PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Marvel Legends Revealed!

SirSteve
07-11-2006, 11:21 AM
The first series of Marvel Legends to be released by Hasbro, who takes over the Marvel license from Toy Biz in January, will feature Planet Hulk, Banshee, Hercules, Movie Beast, Emma Frost, Ultimate Iron Man, and Annihilus as the build-a-figure!

Read the full story and see a picture of the Hulk at ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=18&p2_articleid=367)

El Chuxter
07-11-2006, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Steve. I appreciate the info, and it's not your fault this figure looks like butt. :)

I'm rather disheartened to see this rumor confirmed. Planet Hulk I've never heard of, and he looks lousy. Hercules I always considered to be a piece of crap background Avenger wannabe. (I hate mixing classical mythology with comics. Hate it with Thor, hate it with Wonder Woman, and especially hate it with Hercules because he's just stupid.) Annihilus is quite underwhelming as a build-a-figure.

And another Iron Man? Jeez! All we need now is Drunken Binge Tony Stark w/ Puking Action Feature, and I think every imaginable Iron Man figure will have been made.

Only Movie Beast, Banshee (woo hoo!!), and Emma sound interesting. ToyBiz's poor choices of characters lately are making it easy for me to no longer be a completist with this line.

2-1B
07-11-2006, 01:05 PM
By Movie Beast, do they mean Frasier style like the [/Afflack] Daredevil figure of a few years back? :)

plasticfetish
07-11-2006, 02:09 PM
Bringin' it over there... (http://www.actionfigs.com/forums/showthread.php?p=913#post913)

jjreason
07-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Man, does White Queen ever look disappointing. They chose a great costume, but didn't get her figure right - and the face makes Sue Storm's (from the FF boxed set) look like a veritable portrait sculpture. Horrendous - we can only hope the real edition looks much better than that preview.

Planet Hulk Hulk looks great, but the story is awful so I won't be buying him.

I'm scared Hercules is going to eat my other figures with that evil, wide-mouthed smile so I'm not buying him either (really it's because I have no affinity for the character - he's boring).

Movie Beast doesn't suit me, and Banshee's face isn't to my liking. I already have too many Iron Men, and we're going to be getting the 1st appearance version before this one even comes out!

Sadly, I think I'm staying away from this wave completely. :(

El Chuxter
07-13-2006, 05:52 PM
I really hope these are very rough prototypes. I've been wanting Banshee and Emma for a while, and if these suck, I'll be not only disappointed in them, but my hopes for future Legends (Jubilee, Forge, Sauron, Sleepwalker, Uatu, etc) will be dashed to bits.

Annihilus looks cool, but he's an odd choice for a BAF. Who exactly is he? I remember him from the trading cards, and I'm thinking something to do with the Negative Zone, but I don't believe I've actually ever seen him anywhere in the bazillions of Marvel Comics I've read.

Reefer Shark
07-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Wow. If that's what Hasbro's stuff is really gonna look like, it might be a good time to jump ship on Marvel Legends altogether.

jjreason
07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
I really hope these are very rough prototypes. I've been wanting Banshee and Emma for a while, and if these suck, I'll be not only disappointed in them, but my hopes for future Legends (Jubilee, Forge, Sauron, Sleepwalker, Uatu, etc) will be dashed to bits.

Annihilus looks cool, but he's an odd choice for a BAF. Who exactly is he? I remember him from the trading cards, and I'm thinking something to do with the Negative Zone, but I don't believe I've actually ever seen him anywhere in the bazillions of Marvel Comics I've read.

When he shows up, it's usually in the pages of Fantastic Four. Carlos Pacheco had them square off just a few years ago in a well-drawn issue. He's a wicked totally-Kirby looking bad guy, one that deserves to be figurized. Shame I hate those pieces of junk that are going to be packed in with his parts.

evenflow
07-14-2006, 08:26 AM
They look terrible, but they are early prototypes. I have faith that the next pics we see will be much much better.