PDA

View Full Version : Kit Fisto starfighter

pegger
07-11-2006, 12:42 PM
anotheR Site has pics up of the Kit Fisto starfighter - it's based on the AOTC starfighter, not ROTS.

At least it's not an overkill of the ROTS starfighters....

Of course - it's a Target exclusive - so I'm SOL on this one too....(Slicker, KH, Turbo...help??)

dindae
07-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm happy it is an AOTC Jedi Starfighter but I'm still fairly underwhelmed.

El Chuxter
07-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Are they ever going to let the Starfighter die? Why is it that we can get the Starfighter in every color imaginable, but they can't re-release the vintage Cloud Car mold?

Battle Droid
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
What next, one with a booster seat for Yoda?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Meh, at least it's not the ROTS one again. I think it looks pretty cool.

I find it odd, though, that he'd have a starfighter that's the color of his skin.

Banthaholic
07-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Hasbro is seeing a Green opportunity to make more money off of color variants.

Well, I actually like it. I'd rather have this ont he shelf than a rerelease of the E2 starfighter anyday. It's not something everyone might want, but imo it's alot better have a repaint of a vehicle than a straight repack. It'll add some diversity into my expanding fleet.

mtriv73
07-11-2006, 03:39 PM
I think it looks pretty good. It's definitely better than I thought it would be. I still don't know that I'll buy another Jedi starfighter though.

Jargo
07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
for some reason I'm getting access denied messages whenever i try to access the site with the image. has anyone saved it perchance and can mail it to me? if so I'll love you forever.

pegger
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
for some reason I'm getting access denied messages whenever i try to access the site with the image. has anyone saved it perchance and can mail it to me? if so I'll love you forever.

here is a pic.......

figrin bran
07-11-2006, 10:12 PM
i was all set to pass on this but i actually kind of like it! i really liked the plo koon fighter too.

TheCivilCollector
07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Did they retool that?

It looks like the little wings on the side are up, without the side panels being off.

Maybe mine was weird, but my AOTC Jedi starfighter seems to have the damnedest time keeping the gun covers on of the wings are up.

I always thopught that feature was dumb, anyway. Cool on the ROTS one, though.

Banthaholic
07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I wonder when Even Piell will get his own starfighter. BTW does anyone know how or when he died. I read most PT comics and books bt don't recall this one.

El Chuxter
07-12-2006, 12:28 AM
I'm disappointed that they didn't do one little cosmetic change.

Bosskman
07-12-2006, 04:29 AM
Plo Koon's fighter was actually seen on film in ROTS. The CW one was in the ROTS deleted scenes, Mace's was in the CW Cartoon, but was this one seen anywhere? I'll probably try to get it anyway (No Target in my country) but I'm curious as to whether it's been around before of if Hasbro made it up.

Jargo
07-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks pegger. looks alright. not totally sure about it but I think we need loose shots coz box art can be misleading colour wise. I think the other jedi starfighters have seemed too blocky and cartoony in their colours but it looks like they've managed to make this more space worn and grungey looking. maybe the factory can actally manage to achieve the same look on the final product.....

hahahahahahaha I kid myself.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2006, 01:47 PM
In the first episode of the Clone Wars cartoon (I think), several AOTC-style Jedi Starfighters drop bombs on droids. There are red ones (like Obi-Wan's), aqua ones (like the 2003 one), and green ones (like this). So, it was kind of in the cartoon.

Dark Marble
07-12-2006, 02:47 PM
I really like the variants on the jedi starfighters. So far I have them all and think they are cool little ships. However, after this one and the Vader version I hope they take a break for a while on these and the gunships.

Reefer Shark
07-13-2006, 01:26 AM
Funny that Target gets exclusive AOTC starfighters and TRU got exclusive ROTS starfighters.

I'll probably end up getting this one for the fleet, and put a ROTS Kit in the cockpit.

COMMANDERCODY2795
07-15-2006, 05:27 PM
little prob with kit in the cocpit, the ep.3 version dosn't have the little slits in the side of his skirt that let him sit down, so it could be pretty hard to get him in.

Darth Cruel
08-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Great high-res pics on the home page. Very much looking forward to this piece!

Slicker
10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I saw this at Target today. The box is flamingly bright.

I didn't have enough loot so I had to pass. I'll have to get it next week at some time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2006, 05:40 PM
I got this the other day. It's nicely painted and cool-looking (though the droid is a little too orange). Unfortunately, the only Kit that can fit inside is the naked Clone Wars one, and he doesn't look very comfortable.

Blue2th
10-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I got this the other day. It's nicely painted and cool-looking (though the droid is a little too orange). Unfortunately, the only Kit that can fit inside is the naked Clone Wars one, and he doesn't look very comfortable.
........and that's the one we're getting again in TSC wave 8.

Slicker
10-24-2006, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately, the only Kit that can fit inside is the naked Clone Wars one, and he doesn't look very comfortable.You'd be uncomfortable too if you were a "hairless" amphibian yet you had hairy shoulders.

El Chuxter
10-24-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm sure if he's flying his starfighter topless, the seatbelt must chafe something awful.