PDA

View Full Version : Show of hands: Who's sick of Taylor Hicks?

El Chuxter
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
The guy can sing. No doubt about it. But I am ready to track him down and kick him in the you-know-what because I'm so sick of that annoyingly godawful Ford commercial they air on practically every channel about ten times an hour.

It was cool to see a legitimate singer win American Idol. But it rather sucks that the music industry isn't taking a hint from that, but appear to be running him through the same tired Britneyzation formula that they did with the other winners and runners-up.

JimJamBonds
07-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I was sick of KH's Taylor Hicks tar if that counts for anything?

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I had Justin, EC has Hicks. I am just sick of American Idol period.

JimJamBonds
07-11-2006, 03:21 PM
I had Justin, EC has Hicks. I am just sick of American Idol period.

Ohh snap! Thats right:silly: !

CaptainSolo1138
07-11-2006, 03:29 PM
I saw the Taylor Hicks Ford commercial for the first time in a looooong time last night. I figured it had died, but I guess I was wrong. I'm glad he won, but had Katherine McBoobs won at least that commercial would have some redeeming quality to it.

Banthaholic
07-11-2006, 04:41 PM
The funny part is it took me a few minutes to realize who Taylor Hicks was when I saw this thread. AI might have the word Idol in it, but the wimmers of this show certainly are not that. I know I've never bought any of their albums.

UKWildcat
07-11-2006, 11:45 PM
At first I didn't really notice this commercial and pay attention to it, but now, thanks to this thread, every time it comes on I can't tune it out and it drives me @#$%ing crazy!!! :mad: Thanks a lot Chux. ;)

Hopefully Taylor Hicks will pull a Ruben Studdard and disappear.

Luuuuuuke
07-11-2006, 11:54 PM
I never watch American Idol so I haven't seen the guy enough to get sick of him. But when I watched that Ford commercial, for a few seconds I wondered: "Who the hell is this dude? And why doesn't he make up his damn mind: Is he old, or is he young?!?"

El Chuxter
07-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Funny thing is, as y'all may have guessed by my recent Hicksatar, I like the dude. When my wife was watching the intro episodes to American Idol (I never get into it until the contest portion begins, since the first several episodes of each season are ridiculous), I stopped when I heard him singing and said, "That guy is good. No way is anyone watching this show going to vote for him, though."

I was wrong, and now I have this annoying Ford commercial to sit through every twelve minutes. At least Boomerang doesn't play it, so my Justice League is Hicks-free.

figrin bran
07-12-2006, 01:49 AM
ohhh, so that's who he is. i don't watch the show but i have seen that ford ad millions of times. however the one i'm really sick of is Oasis' "All Around the World" prominently featured in every AT&T commercial.

2-1B
07-12-2006, 02:06 AM
I had to think twice as well about who this thread was about...I was thinking of the guy from Foo Fighters but I think his name is Taylor Hawkins? :confused: Whatever his name, I'm sick of that guy, too. :D

As for this American Idol fellow, I never heard him sing and I just knew he was a guy with gray hair who shouldn't be gray yet...then a few weeks ago I saw him on The Tonight Show and I didn't see what the big deal was, I didn't think much of his singing. :dead:

figrin bran
07-12-2006, 02:44 AM
since i posted my reply in this thread, the commercial in question has come on once. though it would probably be more if i kept changing channels.

Sith Lord 0498
07-12-2006, 07:07 AM
The funny part is it took me a few minutes to realize who Taylor Hicks was when I saw this thread. AI might have the word Idol in it, but the wimmers of this show certainly are not that. I know I've never bought any of their albums.

I'll admit it...I bought both Kelly Clarkson albums because I think the woman can sing and I like the songs. It had absolutely ZERO to do with that waste of airtime American Idol. Some of the auditions are funny, but that's all.

As for the Taylor Hicks/Ford commercial, I wish that would find its way back in time straight into Nazi Germany's big book bonfires!! :)

CaptainSolo1138
07-12-2006, 07:37 AM
ohhh, so that's who he is. i don't watch the show but i have seen that ford ad millions of times. however the one i'm really sick of is Oasis' "All Around the World" prominently featured in every AT&T commercial.
Good call, Figgy. That set of commercials is way worse than the Taylor Hicks one.

figrin bran
07-14-2006, 02:59 AM
i think i change my mind CaptainSolo. after seeing the ford commercial 4 times last night and just once tonight for a 2.5 average over 2 days, i'm really sick of "i get what i want! i get what i need! possiBILITY!!!!". at least with the at&t commercials, you don't see oasis or anyone else singing.

Darth Instigator
07-16-2006, 02:57 PM
i hate that show and everything that comes out of it

figrin bran
07-17-2006, 01:28 AM
have they pulled the plug on this commercial? i'm wondering that because i saw a new ford commercial twice tonight (and a much more tolerable one at that) with ms. clarkson in it.

El Chuxter
07-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Nope, still airing ad nauseum. Get it? "Ad" nauseum? Oh, they ought to give me the Wurlitzer Prize..

Blue2th
07-17-2006, 09:34 AM
And why doesn't he make up his damn mind: Is he old, or is he young?!?"
He's what you call prematurely gray. I started getting gray in my mid twentys, so I could relate to him. I didn't think he would win AI, then I think even though he's talented, he probably wouldn't have won if he didn't have the grey hair, underdog thing goin' on. At least he plays harmonica too. I like the way they make fun of him on Saturday Night Live with his qwerky movements. The commercial is just being run into the ground and played over and over like the media does to everything.

General_Grievous
07-18-2006, 10:45 PM
i hate that show and everything that comes out of it
Agreed. Aside from Kelly Clarkson, all of the other winners and runners-up have fizzled out. Justin is probably homeless now. Ruben probably stunt doubled for that live action Fat Albert movie. Clay Aiken is probably making a good living as being queen of the fairies. Fantasia's probably off having illegitimate kids with Randy Jackson. I don't know who won fourth season, but they're probably not doing much either.

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 11:00 PM
Agreed. Aside from Kelly Clarkson, all of the other winners and runners-up have fizzled out. Justin is probably homeless now. Ruben probably stunt doubled for that live action Fat Albert movie. Clay Aiken is probably making a good living as being queen of the fairies. Fantasia's probably off having illegitimate kids with Randy Jackson.
lol

I don't know who won fourth season, but they're probably not doing much either.
Was that Carrie Underwood? If so, she has definitely made something of herself. :yes:

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah it was Underwood.

I had never seen this commercial until this thread popped up and now I cant stop seeing it.

UKWildcat
07-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I had never seen this commercial until this thread popped up and now I cant stop seeing it.

Yup... and now every time the commercial comes on I feel the urge to throw s**t at the tv.

Chux ----> :hurt::whip: <---- Me

:D

figrin bran
07-19-2006, 10:53 AM
you must train yourself to hit "mute" or switch the channel in a split second!

El Chuxter
07-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Chux ----> :hurt::whip: <---- Me

That's a threat, and therefore you're BANNED! :mad:

BTW, Slicker's mom is not sick of Taylor, but Taylor is sick of Slicker's mom. Chew on that for a while.

InsaneJediGirl
07-20-2006, 10:29 PM
The Taylor Hicks commerical is scary. Makes me want to run far,far away,not buy a Ford.

Besides,what age is the average American Idol viewer?15?The advertising seems lost on me then,considering the typical teenager cant afford a new car.

figrin bran
07-21-2006, 01:55 AM
i haven't seen this commercial in 3 or 4 days actually! i'll probably never have to ever again! :)

UKWildcat
07-21-2006, 10:03 PM
That's a threat, and therefore you're BANNED! :mad:
:cry:

i haven't seen this commercial in 3 or 4 days actually! i'll probably never have to ever again!
*knock on wood*

El Chuxter
07-27-2006, 08:37 AM
It's slowed down around here, but they're now airing a Kelly Clarkson commercial ad nauseum. She much easier on the eyes, though, so I'm not complaining.

Kelly Clarkson: #4 on my list of hot women to stalk if Mrs Chuxter ever dumps me.

CaptainSolo1138
07-27-2006, 08:49 AM
The commercials that make me want to pour bleach in my eyes lately are the "Dr. Z" ones for Chrysler. He sounds like an even more effiminate Wolfgang Puck.

Ruben probably stunt doubled for that live action Fat Albert movie.Actually, it was the Hulk. They both have the same wide face.

El Chuxter
07-27-2006, 08:52 AM
The commercials that make me want to pour bleach in my eyes lately are the "Dr. Z" ones for Chrysler. He sounds like an even more effiminate Wolfgang Puck.

But without the mad pizza skillz.

figrin bran
07-27-2006, 11:03 AM

i have absolutely no idea what this commercial is but i think i'll find out soon enough! :cry:

btw, a shortened version of the hicks commercial (not as much singing) started airing again.

CaptainSolo1138
07-27-2006, 11:35 AM
btw, a shortened version of the hicks commercial (not as much singing) started airing again.
I saw that during the baseball game the other night. Bad, but only one "PossibiliTIEEEEEEEES!" in it. If that's the concession, I'll take it.

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 11:57 AM
I heard it on the radio today and I was so pi55ed I changed the station.

figrin bran
07-28-2006, 01:36 AM
so when does mr. hicks' album come out anyhow? i just want some heads up because Ford will probably come out with another commercial to tie in with that.

Blue2th
07-28-2006, 07:49 AM
so when does mr. hicks' album come out anyhow? i just want some heads up because Ford will probably come out with another commercial to tie in with that.
He's not going to have an album. Everytime Ford has a new model of car, he's going to have a 10 second song. Timing is everything. lol

figrin bran
07-28-2006, 11:19 AM
He's not going to have an album. Everytime Ford has a new model of car, he's going to have a 10 second song. Timing is everything. lol

arrrrrgggghhh...and Ford's not going to stop making cars any time soon because they're just so full of possibilitEEEEESSS :(

scruffziller
07-30-2006, 04:44 AM
This guy is an idiot. I agree with Simon's assesment of him. He does look like the drunk uncle at the wedding. This guy is going nowhere. Now that Katherine McPhee with her smokin' hot self IS going places.

DarthQuack
07-31-2006, 06:00 PM
I liked him in the beginning of the competition and picked him to win, but I'd rather just hear that McPhee hot piece.