PDA

View Full Version : VTSC Lucas Stormtrooper Figure Showing Up

JediTricks
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
VTSC Lucas Stormtrooper Figure Showing Up

Word is coming in from all over that the VTSC George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure is starting to hit collectors' mailboxes.

Collectors from the East Coast to West are reporting that their Vintage-style Lucas Stormtrooper figures have shown up. The figure is a mail-in promotion from this year's Vintage-style figure line and the form with all 5 unique proof of purchase tabs must be mailed to Hasbro by November 30th to redeem. The details mentioned that the Lucas Stormtrooper would be shipping between June 30th and December 31st, and right on schedule the first batch of figures have arrived.

You can check out our photo coverage of this VTSC George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure in the SSG photo database (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4742).

Luuuuuuke
07-11-2006, 05:25 PM
I got mine yesterday when a lot of other people, at least here in L.A. did. For the moment I'm keeping it carded, though I'm an opener.

Darth Instigator
07-11-2006, 06:28 PM
ummm where do I get one??

Bel-Cam Jos
07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Uh, JT, there is already a thread on the topic of the Lucas mail-away (please check thread history before haphazardly creating new threads). This is apparently a shameless plug for your News item. Sad... :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 09:36 PM
ummm where do I get one??

You had to or have to buy all the VTSC(9.96 each at WM) and mail way for it. I am sure you could check ebay for it.

Darth Instigator
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
oh that sounds difficult, and VTSC ( dont flame me) means??

Kidhuman
07-11-2006, 11:49 PM
Vintage Trilogy Saga Collection. It is the figures in the star cases(clamshells) at Target, TRU, and WM that retail for 9.99. There is Luke(X-Wing), Han(Endor), Tusken, Biker Scout and Greedo. Each comes with ta special sticker and Luke has the order form.

Luuuuuuke
07-11-2006, 11:50 PM
oh that sounds difficult, and VTSC ( dont flame me) means??
EDIT: What Kidhuman said.

And as for being flamed, I think you've got this confused with the other Star Wars site. You would have been broiled alive over there for asking such a question:D

Darth Instigator
07-12-2006, 12:11 AM
thanks kid, I have seen those and I dont go anywhere else, when this place was down for that month or two I didnt go anywhere, I searched and searched for sirsteve, and bothered someone on myspace looking for where here went.

JediTricks
07-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Uh, JT, there is already a thread on the topic of the Lucas mail-away (please check thread history before haphazardly creating new threads). This is apparently a shameless plug for your News item. Sad... :rolleyes:Banned!

It's *automated*, when a reporter puts something in the news the system sends it to forums with a link in the article.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Banned!

It's *automated*, when a reporter puts something in the news the system sends it to forums with a link in the article.

(Reply edited due to user being banned by an automated computer system when user was not aware of such news features... hee hee :p )

JediTricks
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Mine showed up in the mail yesterday.

Veers
07-14-2006, 05:05 AM
Still waiting for mine to arrive.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Still waiting for mine to arrive.We could create an acronym for this... how 'bout UNSWIFT?
UNfortunately
Still
Waiting
Impatiently
For mine
To arrive

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Picked mine up finally, box was in good condition, product inside was unharmed. If you have postal theives, they're gonna know what it is since it says right on the front of the mailer.

Turbowars
07-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Mine showed up last Saturday. Thinking it wouldn't ship until a few more months I sent to my parents because I might be moving so I don't have it in my hands. I don't know why I told you guys that.:p

Kidhuman
07-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Havent gotten mine yet.

Major Karr
07-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Has anyone on the East coast received theirs yet?

Kidhuman
07-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Not that I heard of.

TheDarthVader
07-16-2006, 12:04 AM
I am still waiting on mine. I am in the southern middle united states, Texas. I will post once the figure is received.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET HIM!

trandoshan666
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
I am still waiting on mine. I am in the southern middle united states, Texas. I will post once the figure is received.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET HIM!

Same here. My check just cleared last week, though, so I have no idea what to expect for a wait.

Major Karr
07-17-2006, 08:02 PM
Mine came today...DC

steeltormentor69
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I sure hope mine comes soon, getting anxious!!

tagmac
07-19-2006, 11:14 PM
Got mine in the mail today...looks pretty good.

bobafrett
07-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I picked up a third set of the figures so I can order 2 Lucas in Armor figures. I just hope I don't get any variants. I want one to open.

Turbowars
07-20-2006, 10:22 PM
It's really not a figure to open. It's so much a novelty, it's almost ridiculous. It's just too bad Hasbro didn't bother using the VOTC body. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I have it, but I woudn't bother getting one to open.

bobafrett
07-21-2006, 11:41 PM
It's really not a figure to open. It's so much a novelty, it's almost ridiculous. It's just too bad Hasbro didn't bother using the VOTC body. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I have it, but I woudn't bother getting one to open.

Well, I had also bought two of the Lucas in X-Wing pilot gear at CII but never opened the second one. I have some othe figures in that same catagory. Not that I don't want to open them, I just don't have much more space to display more open figures.

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 04:33 AM
Well the cashed my check this past week so hopefully I will receive it very soon.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-22-2006, 10:44 AM
The SD Comic-Con had them for $30 each... but since all payments have been received by Hasbro, I WANT MY "FREE" ONE! Please?

DarkArtist
07-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Got mine yesterday. Not too bad looks good from a distance. Wish they had used the VOTC body but hey can't win them all.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-22-2006, 08:01 PM
Got mine today, the stupid corner was all bent in though. Kinda silly to pay so much and get a beat up figure..........:sad:

Slicker
07-22-2006, 08:11 PM
From what I've been reading it seems that EVERYONE is getting a beat to hell figure. You would definitely think that since you're essentially paying over $50 for the figure that they could at least put it in a shipping container that's large enough and well packed. Or even put the clamshelled figure into another clam shell. Kinda redundant but it would get the job done.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-22-2006, 08:14 PM
No doubt, anyone try to get any sort of response from Hasbro about this?

*EDIT I just emailed them, well see what kind of sillyness they send back. Im sure it will be the first they have heard of it......

JediTricks
07-23-2006, 02:44 PM
I guess those 5 other figures you bought were what, garbage? :p This is a free figure, the only reason to complain is because you paid $4.95 shipping and it came beat up, that's a solid complaint - mine did not come beat up, so I don't have a complaint.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-23-2006, 03:07 PM
I guess...........did I get five other figures? Yeah....... Would I have bought all 5 if I didnt have to to get the exclusive? Probably not. The only 2 I would have bought are Luke and the Trooper. I guess I just think that if you have to do something like that you should get a mint figure. Just my opinion:thumbsup: Well see what they say anyways.......

JediTricks
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
For $4.95 you should get a mint figure on pristine card. For 5 POPs you should get a figure in a baggie. :p

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-23-2006, 04:47 PM
:razz: So which one should I have gotten?

Kidhuman
07-23-2006, 08:40 PM
:razz: So which one should I have gotten?

You should have gotten a baggie on a card.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-24-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah....I suck........:cross-eye

Bel-Cam Jos
07-24-2006, 09:17 AM
You should have gotten a baggie on a card.And you just know that Hasbro would make baggie variants like blue sealing stripe, red sealing stripe, wide blue stripe...

I'd love a mail-away where they require cut-out POPs, or a jpg photo of you at the store, holding the figure, with a SMILING cashier... now THAT would make for a rare figure! ;)

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah....I suck........:cross-eyeI've noticed that. :D

My point is that - aside from the $4.95 for shipping and handling for this thing - a free figure seems like we'd be lucky to get it in any packaging, much less this, as long as the figure is not damaged you got what you paid for, if you catch my drift. However, once they make you shell out basically the price of an entire figure for the shipping & handling, that mofo better show up in good condition!

Jango Speck
07-24-2006, 03:37 PM
The SD Comic-Con had them for $30 each... but since all payments have been received by Hasbro, I WANT MY "FREE" ONE! Please?

I was going to ask if that was the Brian'sToys price, but then I realized that they'd never sell those that cheap. :D

Thunderbird
07-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Boy, I guess I'm lucky, I received both of mine in excellent shape:pleased: . Although, the one I opened was only sealed about 1/3 of the way around the bubble. It almost fell of the card when I took it out of the clam shell:rolleyes:

msjedi
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I received mine today in good shape.

bobafrett
07-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I just mailed in my check and completed certificate for 2 of the George in trooper armor. I waited until Greedo, Han and Luke went on clearance to get the second set of stickers. I spent nearly $140.00 to get three of each figure, one set for my carded collection, and a second set at full retail for the 1st George Lucas figure, along with the Tusken and Scout Trooper at full reatail with the 3 others marked down to $7 each. This doesn't include the other Biker Scout and Tusken I bought to keep the other loose ones company.

kool-aid killer
07-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Got mine in today, looks to be in excellent shape. It made my day finding him in my room once i came home from work. I dont see how anybody could want to display this figure with the helmet on.

Dark Marble
07-25-2006, 02:22 PM
I got mine on Friday, so I think I might go ahead and open this figure and the Jorg Sacul together. Mine came in the white mailer in perfect condition.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-25-2006, 06:17 PM
"Hi Nate,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc., and for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you.

To help facilitate the process, we are sending you a postage paid mailing label to use when returning the item to us. All you need to do is package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and it’ll be on its way back to us.

We are sending the mailing label to:

Nate's House

Once the product is received at our returns facility, we will send a new replacement product. If there is a production delay and this product is not available we will replace it with a product of equal value.

Nate, I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come."

Im impressed so far, I just hope I dont get a product of equal value. Karma better not mess with me, because if you mess with me, you mess with the whole trailer park.

bobafrett
07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
"Hi Nate,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc., and for bringing this matter to our attention. I apologize for any disappointment this may have caused.

Please be assured that I have shared your concerns with the product team. We will be pleased to arrange an exchange for you.

To help facilitate the process, we are sending you a postage paid mailing label to use when returning the item to us. All you need to do is package up your return and place the mailing label securely on the package. Drop it off at the Post Office window and itíll be on its way back to us.

We are sending the mailing label to:

Nate's House

Once the product is received at our returns facility, we will send a new replacement product. If there is a production delay and this product is not available we will replace it with a product of equal value.

Nate, I want to assure you that all of us are dedicated to maintaining quality products. I hope you and your family will enjoy our products for many years to come."

Im impressed so far, I just hope I dont get a product of equal value. Karma better not mess with me, because if you mess with me, you mess with the whole trailer park.

That sounds like the same form letter that another poster here recieved from Hasbro after getting a figure from an earlier promotion damaged in shipment. They got a different figure all together if I remember correctly.

DarthQuack
07-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Still waiting on mine.....

Kidhuman
07-25-2006, 10:22 PM
If it is of Equal value, it better be worth 55 bucks.

JediTricks
07-26-2006, 02:46 PM
That's the message I got when I sent in my broken Ravage Transformer last year, what I got in return was... a replacement Ravage figure. :cool: They're just covering their butts with that statement, on the offest of chances that you send it in so late they don't have a replacement in stock. Since the promo is good till the end of the year, I'm fairly confident they'll have plenty in stock to replace yours.

Darth Instigator
08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
my 4 year old just got two VTSC figures for his birthday yesterday, greedo and the tusken, does anyone have the other 3 or the send away things so I can send away for the lucas? I am willing to pay if you want, any help is appreciated.

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Why not try and get him the rest of the set D.I.? I might be able to help you with a scout tab, would have to check.

Darth Instigator
08-01-2006, 08:26 PM
well I would like to but cant find them here, I will keep looking. I will let you guys know what I get by friday

pbarnard
08-01-2006, 08:40 PM
my 4 year old just got two VTSC figures for his birthday yesterday, greedo and the tusken, does anyone have the other 3 or the send away things so I can send away for the lucas? I am willing to pay if you want, any help is appreciated.
I got a Han Solo sticker if you need it.

AmanaMatt
08-01-2006, 08:43 PM
I have a Tusken raider sticker you can have too!

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 09:03 PM
It looks as if you got the scout from me and the Tusken from Amanamatt, Luke is the hardest because he has a tab and order form

Darth Instigator
08-01-2006, 09:06 PM
you know whats funny, my wifes mother bought my 4 year old the luke awhile ago but they never grought the packaging home and I only found out recently that this is how you get the Lucas, lol

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Ouch, that bites. I have a complete extra set, but using it for myself to get another. The WM is here is supposed to put them back out soon(after the Back TO School section is down) I will see if I can get you a Luke if you dont have one by then.

Darth Instigator
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
I think I saw some at KB by me, I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks from everyone who has helped. Kid I will PM you my address or you give me yours and I will get you a SASE

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Send me a PM on it.

Veers
08-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Still waiting for mine.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Still waiting for mine.I believe I christened U.N.S.W.I.F.T. as the acceptible acronym :p , which is currently true for me. :(

The W*M near me has the Easy Three for under $5 each, but nary a Luke or B.Scout to see.

DarthQuack
08-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Still waiting on mine......:upset:

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Still waiting on mine......:upset:

Ditto :upset:

bobafrett
08-04-2006, 10:31 PM
I just sent my check in last week, and it still hasn't cleared. I was wondering, I know a few of you ordered 2 of these figures. We were allowed to mail them together correct? I made a check out for the total shipping amount for 2 figures, plus 2 complete stickered coupons.

doch18
08-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Still waiting for mine as well, and my check cleared a long time ago.

jonthejedi
08-05-2006, 04:52 AM
I mentioned this locally, but Giant Foods(and I suspect their parent company Stop&Shop based in New England) had all 5 Vintage on sale this week @7.99. You need a Giant card(easy, free signup). As great as Target's clearance prices have been...they usually don't have biker scouts or Lukes. This is(Sat) the last day for the sale! I cover 12 stores in 3 weeks, and for months the biker scouts & the other 4 have been sitting in dumps for 9.99@. It's a great alternative right now for putting together a complete set or helping a fellow collector. These are usually in a cool dump or on the shelves in seasonal aisle(where back-to-school would be).

doch18
08-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Huh, how 'bout that. Mine showed up this morning after complaining last night that it hadn't arrived. Looks great, the card, the case, everything.

Kidhuman
08-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Got mine today, pristeen condition suprisingly.

DarthQuack
08-05-2006, 07:21 PM
:mad: Wheres mine damn it.

Kidhuman
08-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Funny, mine was addressed to a fellow named Quacken something.

TheRealDubya
08-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Had a good day -- got my two Lucastroopers AND my Shadowtrooper. They're all in excellent shape, but the mailers were beat up.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2006, 10:17 PM
I was wondering, I know a few of you ordered 2 of these figures. We were allowed to mail them together correct? I made a check out for the total shipping amount for 2 figures, plus 2 complete stickered coupons.I'd think that would be okay. They'll probably ship each figure to you separately but cash your single check as if it was two of them.

As for the price drops on the VOTC figs, it sounds as if Han, Greedo, and Tusken are as easy as (Chux, here's your opportunity to add your fave line here! :D )... but Luke and Biker S. are as rare as (insert your... ahh, I quit! :rolleyes: )...

bobafrett
08-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Our store marked the VTSC (?) down to $4.00 but we only had Han and greedo.

Still haven't cashed my check yet.

DarthQuack
08-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Finally got my George today, was suprised the box didn't take a beating at all, but figure looks pretty good.

JEDIpartner
08-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Got mine today, pristeen condition suprisingly.

"PRISTINE"!!!!! What are they teaching you at that school???!!!! :whip:

LOL

I got mine two days ago. :)

El Chuxter
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
It rather sucks that you can use any combination of 5. That screws those of us over who actually bought the stupid Greedo at full price.

And they announce it right after Target gets rid of all their $3 Greedos.

2-1B
08-11-2006, 12:20 PM
I saw one for sale at Wizard World last weekend and it looked really cool...now I'd like to get one. :D

But I didn't want to spend the money ahead of time on those other figures I didn't want.

dindae
08-11-2006, 01:29 PM
Caesar there is a lost in time Kmart that has all of the figures for $11 near if you need. Also I have the stickers for the Biker Scout and I believe the Tusken if I didn't loose it.

Darth Instigator
08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
It rather sucks that you can use any combination of 5. That screws those of us over who actually bought the stupid Greedo at full price.

And they announce it right after Target gets rid of all their $3 Greedos.
they officially announced this? So I dont need to have the last specific one?

the biker scout is all I need

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 02:05 PM
I got your Scout, just need to get stamps to mail it out.

El Chuxter
08-11-2006, 02:10 PM
they officially announced this? So I dont need to have the last specific one?

That's what the news article on the main page seems to indicate.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Well damn, I have a sh*t ton of scouts I can use now for a thiord and possibly fourth one. But do we need the oprder form? D.I. The WM here just put out a bunch of the ones they took down and they have scouts if you need/want one.

DarthQuack
08-11-2006, 02:36 PM
I've got the five taped ones that I used for George, and have another five heat sealed...I'd like to get rid of them soon.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Return them somewhere.

Darth Vader 2005
08-11-2006, 04:42 PM
I live in Tennessee and I recieved my Lucas figure Tuesday.I am suprised it wasn`t stolen because it says GEORGE LUCAS IN STORMTROOPER DISGUISE on the front of the mailer box.

stillakid
08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
My George came today, but I almost didn't recognize him because he was in a Stormtrooper disguise. :bandit:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2006, 06:37 PM
I am suprised it wasn`t stolen because it says GEORGE LUCAS IN STORMTROOPER DISGUISE on the front of the mailer box.I got 'em! I got 'em, too! Great, kid... blah blah blah Bel-Cam. :rolleyes: Mine was the same box (little damage that slightly dented the inner blister of the figure... so what), and I thought the same, DV2005. Apparently we both have cynical views of the world but luck on our side. :)

My George came today, but I almost didn't recognize him because he was in a Stormtrooper disguise. :bandit:Wha-?!? Yours came with his helmet on? Wow... mine was the rare graying beard with visible flannel collar! :D

El Chuxter
08-11-2006, 06:38 PM
My George came today, but I almost didn't recognize him because he was in a Stormtrooper disguise. :bandit:

Yeah, it's a good thing the box told me it was really Uncle George, or I might've thrown it away.

UKWildcat
08-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I just got back in town and my Lucas Stormtrooper has arrived although I haven't opened the box yet.

Hellboy
08-11-2006, 11:09 PM
So now that you can use any five POP tabs can you just attach them to a piece of paper considering you may not have the Redemption Certificate that only comes with Luke? After reading the instuctions on Hasbro's website (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.8E148113-D56F-E112-44211818BAB808EB/page.news/dn/default.cfm) I'm not sure how to send in my Scout and Tusken tabs. :confused:

figrin bran
08-12-2006, 12:31 AM
i guess i could now send for another lucas trooper but i'm not really sure if i want another one...

dindae
08-12-2006, 07:04 AM
I live in Tennessee and I recieved my Lucas figure Tuesday.I am suprised it wasn`t stolen because it says GEORGE LUCAS IN STORMTROOPER DISGUISE on the front of the mailer box.

What part of Tennessee? I would love to start my just found thread back up if I felt it was actually helping anyone.

Veers
08-12-2006, 10:57 PM
My check was cashed almost two months ago, and still nothing. I do not like the idea that the mailer is printed "George Lucas Stormtrooper". It just invites postal workers to steal these. I hope I get mine soon.

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 01:37 AM

And they announce it right after Target gets rid of all their $3 Greedos.What, you should want an army of Greedos? I actually did buy a second Greedo at that price, no idea why, no idea why not. I think his vest looks better inside-out, but the seams are too large.

So now that you can use any five POP tabs can you just attach them to a piece of paper considering you may not have the Redemption Certificate that only comes with Luke? After reading the instuctions on Hasbro's website (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/newsID.8E148113-D56F-E112-44211818BAB808EB/page.news/dn/default.cfm) I'm not sure how to send in my Scout and Tusken tabs. :confused:Any tabs will do, but you HAVE to have the certificate unfortunately and it only comes with Luke. Naturally, I need another Luke to complete this deal and he's the hardest one to get after the scout. :ermm:

sebillba
08-13-2006, 08:31 AM
i guess i could now send for another lucas trooper but i'm not really sure if i want another one...

Figrin, if you, or anyone else has enough POPs to get a spare Lucas, maybe we could do a deal?

I bought all mine before there was any mailaway offer in the UK, and they're still full price over here (ie, £9.99 - around $18), so I don't want to buy another set just to get the "free" figure.

So if anybody wouldn't mind getting another Lucas to sell to me, please PM me. And at $3 each, I wouldn't mind getting another loose Greedo or Tusken Raider if you need to buy more for the POPs.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
08-13-2006, 10:50 AM
What, you should want an army of Greedos? I actually did buy a second Greedo at that price, no idea why, no idea why not. I think his vest looks better inside-out, but the seams are too large.

No, but if you only want a second Georgetrooper, doesn't $14.90 + S&H sound better than $49.95 + S&H?

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 07:57 PM
No, but if you only want a second Georgetrooper, doesn't $14.90 + S&H sound better than $49.95 + S&H?That's a loaded argument, it completely ignores that you're buying 5 other figures there. I would be happy with duplicates and multiples of nearly any figure in the VTSC line, but Greedo's appeal is limited.

Kidhuman
08-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Well, I stuck a few more scouts and tuskens on lay-a-way to await clearance. Good thing I grabbed a Luke as well for the form.

Darth Instigator
08-13-2006, 09:27 PM
hahaha, I love the lay-away thing, you guys are insane, I wouldn't have the **** to walk in and drop star wars toys on the lay-away counter, lol.

El Chuxter
08-13-2006, 09:28 PM
That's a loaded argument, it completely ignores that you're buying 5 other figures there. I would be happy with duplicates and multiples of nearly any figure in the VTSC line, but Greedo's appeal is limited.

Yeah, but if I only wanted another Georgetrooper, and couldn't find extra Tuskens or Scouts, I'd take whatever figure was still $2.98, which was almost entirely Greedos.

sebillba
08-14-2006, 08:02 AM
That's a loaded argument, it completely ignores that you're buying 5 other figures there. I would be happy with duplicates and multiples of nearly any figure in the VTSC line, but Greedo's appeal is limited.

It's all a matter of individual opinion really - this Greedo is my absolute favourite figure in my entire collection, and I would love to get more at $3 each (they're still £9.99 each in Britain). I'm not an army builder, but I could use spares to customise (Beedo, Rodian Jedi, Rodian Senator, etc), I'd also have one for my desk at work, one hanging in the car, and even one in every room in the house! Personally, I have enough Scout Troopers, but I can't get enough Greedos! And surely an army of Rodians (if you were so inclined) has got to be preferable to an army of Endor Hans??

I'm in the States in 5 weeks time (Chicago), and am hoping they'll still be warming pegs at this price... there will be several less by the time I go home!!

Kidhuman
08-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I doubt you will find any at that price in 5 weeks. They are all gone at that price around where I live and suspect the same for all other places that have lowered their prices.

sebillba
08-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Ohh well....... I'm sure I'll still get plenty of goodies - I usually go with an empty suitcase, and come back with it bursting.:laugh: This time I'm hoping to get a Zev Senesca Snowspeeder, and the Rep Been wave if they're out in time. I'll probably start a new thread closer to the time, to try and find out what I'm likely to find, and the best places to find them.

figrin bran
08-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Figrin, if you, or anyone else has enough POPs to get a spare Lucas, maybe we could do a deal?

I bought all mine before there was any mailaway offer in the UK, and they're still full price over here (ie, £9.99 - around $18), so I don't want to buy another set just to get the "free" figure.

So if anybody wouldn't mind getting another Lucas to sell to me, please PM me. And at $3 each, I wouldn't mind getting another loose Greedo or Tusken Raider if you need to buy more for the POPs.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

unfortunately i don't have any certificates any longer. argh, i knew i should've have given 2 of them away to fellow SSG'ers :p

sebillba
08-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Thanks anyway, Figrin :cry: ................... maybe there's someone else out there with a spare certificate (unlikely I know, but it's worth a try), who might find it in their heart to donate to a very good cause. ;)

Kidhuman
08-15-2006, 07:45 AM
I can get you another Luke if you need it. It would be regular orice.

Darth Instigator
08-15-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm going to go look in the Kb toys by my house in a few, lmk who needs what

sebillba
08-15-2006, 10:08 AM
I can get you another Luke if you need it. It would be regular orice.

Thanks for the offer..... I don't really need another Luke at $9.99 (I'm assuming that's regular price?), but know that's the only way to get another certificate...... I'd happily pay around $30 for someone to get me the Lucas figure, and ship it over to England (I'm guessing airmail would be around $8 to $10). I don't mind adding a couple of extra Greedos or Tuskens at $3 each, if needed for extra POPs - they shouldn't add much (if anything) to the postage if shipped loose...... I'm open to any suggestions / negotiations.

sebillba
08-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Hasbro has issued another updated regarding the Vintage "George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise" offer.
"As previously announced, we are accepting the five stickers from ANY mix of the five eligible figures. We are also providing you with an online redemption certificate that can be downloaded here (http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/default.cfm?page=news&newsid=1C9E24FC-D56F-E112-432BEA69258A9E4C). The online certificate will also be honored in place of the official redemption certificate."

In light of this, is there anyone who might be able to help me out now?? :D

JediTricks
08-17-2006, 04:28 PM
I saw that on SSG news this morning and was super excited because I already have 5 tabs, just no Luke for the cert. This was pretty cool of Hasbro to at least reverse their poor decision.

Kidhuman
08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
In light of this, is there anyone who might be able to help me out now?? :D

I got some tabs, how many you need?

Tycho
08-17-2006, 06:48 PM
I think the whole thing is laughable.

1) It demonstrates that distribution of a high demand figure like the Bikerscout, an army builder, is extremely different than say for Han Solo, whom most people would only want 1 or 2 of at most. Thus they had to change the requirements the first time to accept POPs from any of the figures because they'd be stuck with almost as many Lucas figures as folks out there are stuck without Bikerscouts. Too funny.

2) Next, it demonstrates that Luke is way more popular than Han or Greedo, and maybe even a Tusken, because people also can't get Luke that easily - at least not enough to lower Hasbro's in-stock quantities of the Lucas figure. Why? Luke has a lightsaber for one - this is an attractive accessory for many. Also Luke is a very detailed and well-represented pilot uniform sculpt with a removeable helmet, which also goes well with the Dagobah X-wing just being released. I'm not sure when the shuttle's re-release is, or what figures it's packed in with, but it's the closest thing to Han Endor's ship, but not as tempting as one with an exclusive Dagobah Swamp Monster and seaweed.

Tusken Raiders might tempt people to buy more than 1 to make " a tribe " but you have many decent sculpts from over the years to do that with: POTF2, w.Bantha, POTJ, AOTC repack of POTJ, new AOTC Tusken, Saga 2, VOTC. That's 7 if I'm counting right.

Han and Greedo are just more or less plain or not required in large numbers, though I use Rodians as fillers in a lot of dioramas myself - but I just don't shell out for VOTCs for such fillers except in the case of clearance Chewies from 2004 since you could remove his bandolier and augment your ROTS Wookiee Army further.

I think Chewie is the only VOTC figure I own. I'm just not a collector. These are TOYS and making my dioramas will be how I play with them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I was crawling around the floor making my Transformers talk. :crazed:

TheCivilCollector
08-18-2006, 12:46 AM
I'm actually kind of p!$$ed at Hasbro for doing this.

They should have just redone the old "five proofs of purchase from any toy" days from the old Kenner days.

I searched HIGH AND LOW to finally complete my vintage collection (Biker scout and Luke), finding them at the WalMart in Yuba City of all places. Now, come to find out I could've just bought five of the many greedos/hans I see at clearance every day.

Good news for people that bought a ton of these things, but a slap in the face for those that had to shop around and compete with army builders for a scout.

:upset:

Turbowars
08-18-2006, 12:56 AM
I guess hasbro was just being greedy like always. It should had always been any tab from any figure. Hasbro basically made us buy all 4 figures if we wanted Lucas. Me, I wanted all the figures, so it wasn't a big deal.

TheCivilCollector
08-18-2006, 02:07 AM
I honestly think that Hasbro's rationale was that they were trying to discourage army builders from buying up all the scouts. Making people buy one of each for the set should have evened things out, but obviously didn't work.

It should have been clear that scalpers would buy up all of one so people would have to pay a premium.

Does anyone know if there were short-packs in this set? Was the scout 1 to a case? If so, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Tycho
08-18-2006, 02:24 AM
No: guys like JediMasterSal "needed" fifty scout troopers for lineups in his dioramas. I did something similar with Clones - but I wouldn't go VOTC-wild for army building because I don't think they are worth the price for an opener like myself.

*I don't know that JMS wanted 50, I'm just using him to make an example out of a known Army Builder because I myself didn't go for it this time.

TheCivilCollector
08-18-2006, 02:37 AM
Well, personally I'm not a fan of army building unless they're old figs or on clearance, but that's just me. Whatever makes someone happy, I suppose

Closest thing I have to an "army" is 10 POTF2 Stormies and 10 of the later articulated Stormies, all bought one at a time. I have a bunch of ROTS clones because of the color variants, so I don't really count that as army building, just completism.

I'm not trying to start an army building debate, but to buy out a store when you know people are looking for them to get the mail-in fig is just kind of....... but I suppose they would've just fallen into the hands of scalpers anyway.

I mean, I was looking diligently and couldn't find ONE scout in the pasadena area.

sebillba
08-18-2006, 03:15 AM
I got some tabs, how many you need?

I need 5!!!! I'm actually looking for someone with 5 spare tabs, but doesn't want another George, who wouldn't mind sending for one on my behalf and then shipping it over to Britain. Of course, I'd be hapy to pay for this, I was thinking of around $30.... but I'm open to negotiations!

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 07:56 AM
I shall see what I have, I have about 10 figs(scouts andf tuskens) on lay-a-way. When I get em out it will be yours.

Turbowars
08-18-2006, 08:00 AM
I need 5!!!! I'm actually looking for someone with 5 spare tabs, but doesn't want another George, who wouldn't mind sending for one on my behalf and then shipping it over to Britain. Of course, I'd be hapy to pay for this, I was thinking of around $30.... but I'm open to negotiations!What's e-bay selling them for? They have to be cheaper that 30 I would think, but I haven't looked. Is shipping to Britain that much money? Find out how much money it cost to ship it from the US and see what is cheaper.

OK I see they are around 35-60 bucks. So if shipping isn't too bad you should just get one fron e-bay and avoid the hassle.

sebillba
08-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Kid, many thanks for that! :thumbsup: I was thinking of $30 including all the shipping costs, is that still ok for you? We can sort out the details later by PM.

Turbo, yeh there's a few on ebay, but would probably cost me at least twice this. Most of the cheaper Georges are actually just for the completed form when I've looked closely, which of course I can't use over here. Shipping shouldn't cost too much - about $7 or $8 I reckon, but most ebay sellers hike the postage up to cover their listing, selling and paypal fees, as well as packing materials (which are usually recycled anyway!), their valuable time, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge about $20 for s/h. But I have enquired on a few to find out and I will keep looking - they're bound to start getting cheaper, particularly now it's easier to send for them. (Kid, if I find a bargain before you get your layaways, I'll let you now.)

It might sound like I'm being tight in not wanting to pay ebay prices, but I have already bought my own set of VOTC figures, none of which came with any POPs, as this was before there was any such offer in the UK, and these set me back £60 (around $110), so I'm reluctant to shell out too much more to get a "free" figure!

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 01:05 PM
I will let you know when I have em sebillba. I might have 5 with the ones I have now though. I am going to have to look.

sebillba
08-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Cheers mate, you're a star!! :D

figrin bran
08-18-2006, 07:10 PM
okay, if you haven't heard, here's the deal about the certificate - you can go download it and print it out and so you don't need a Luke at all.

go here to print it out:
http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/news/starwars//REDEMPTION_CERT.pdf

Bel-Cam Jos
08-21-2006, 05:06 PM
okay, if you haven't heard, here's the deal about the certificate - you can go download it and print it out and so you don't need a Luke at all.I did just that today. Consider this; first Surprise! Surprise! It's George in Disguise! figure cost me $62.91 (plus tax) after all was included. This second one cost $27.95 (plus tax). Since my first one was a little dinged up, if this one arrives in better condition (actually, even if it doesn't) I'll be openin' it up. :yes:

I think that the stores could've made a few more bucks if they'd have dropped the prices to maybe $7-9 each once this new version of the offer was released to the public, but I ain't complain' none. :greedy:

TheRealDubya
08-24-2006, 01:25 PM
I was on vacation this weekend, wandered into a Wal-Mart with my Mother-in-Law, did the requisite toy aisle fly-by and saw more than a dozen Biker Scouts and Luke X-Wings sitting on the pegs (we were in Shelton WA, near Hood Canal -- they also had a TON of Sandtroopers, R5's, etc.) I already had an extra Luke and Greedo at home, so I figured why not and got three more Bikers. They were full price though, not bargains. Sent my Vintage Figure Redmeption off yesterday for my third Lucastrooper. The fun part was this gave me some openers (primarily a card collector) and the figures are just phenomenal (Biker Scout and Luke that is.) I think I will open my 3rd Lucas when it arrives.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-31-2006, 11:14 PM
The last figure took me a month for Hasbro to cash my check, and another month for it to arrive after that. This second one was cashed in a week... we'll see how long the delivery takes (and how dented the case is).

TheDarthVader
08-31-2006, 11:37 PM
I still have not received my 2nd George figure. I guess one of my envelopes must have ended up on the bottom of the pile because I mailed them at the same time. Bel's statement makes me feel a little better though. Both checks have been cashed so...I shall wait.

bobafrett
08-31-2006, 11:41 PM
I sent both of my certificates and one check for the shipping in the same envelope. I hope they can translate that 2 X $4.95 = $9.90, and I get both my figures shipped in a shoebox!

pbarnard
09-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Got mine today. My fiancee thinks she can stop me from opening it. Silly Chinese girl...