PDA

View Full Version : Nightmares and Dreamscapes on TNT

Lazer Brain
07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
ok, did anyone else catch N/D on tnt lastnight? they are short stories from stphen kings books, last night show was Great! 'Battleground" was about some little toy solders that are delivered to a hit man and come to life and attack and kill him, little helicopter and bazookas, it was great, they could do one with SW figures coming to life and firiring little lazer blasts. These shows are really done well, I can't wait for the new ones next week.
later

OC47150
07-13-2006, 02:16 PM
I taped it. Will probably watch this weekend when I have time.

Ji'dai
07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I read the book a few years ago. I did catch the last half of "Battleground" and was impressed with the effects. Those little army guys really kicked poor William Hurt's rear end.

I couldn't stay up for "Crouch End" but I enjoyed the story it's based on. Lots of Lovecraftian influences in that one.

OC47150
08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
I read the book a few years ago. I did catch the last half of "Battleground" and was impressed with the effects. Those little army guys really kicked poor William Hurt's rear end.

I couldn't stay up for "Crouch End" but I enjoyed the story it's based on. Lots of Lovecraftian influences in that one.

"Battleground" was great. It was unusual to see an entire episode of a show with no dialogue.

"Crouch End" was so-so. The concept was good but it didn't keep me as interested as "Battleground."

JEDIpartner
08-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Battleground" WAS good... "Crouch End" was okay. The following week's episodes weren't all that riveting. Maybe the one with Henry Thomas was moreso than the first one. Didn't much care for the one with Jeremy Sisto-- though everyone was quite good in it.

Haven't seen the ones from this week.

Ji'dai
08-11-2006, 10:32 PM
I caught "The Road Virus Heads North" the other day. Not really all that creepy. The scary part was seeing how much Rutger Hauer has aged.

"You Know They Have a Hell of a Band" is probably more effective as a short story rather than as a teleplay. I don't care for Steven Weber any more, although I used to watch "Wings" every week. Weber and the annoying actor who played little Danny Torrance in "The Shining" prevented me from seeing that mini-series to completion.

OC47150
08-14-2006, 10:28 AM
I got halfway through the William H. Macy pulp detective episode but haven't had time to finish it. Can't remember the title. It's pretty good.

Ji'dai
08-14-2006, 05:59 PM
I didn't bother with the detective episode since I didn't care for the short story at all.