PDA

View Full Version : SSG Review of Darth Maul Force FX Double-Bladed Lightsaber

JediTricks
07-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I just completed the official SSG review of the full Master Replicas Maul Force FX double-saber set, and Steve snapped photos. It's my first site review in the new SSG reviews system, I used a modification of my regular review format which I think came out pretty well. Check it out:

http://reviews.sirstevesguide.com/showproduct.php?product=21

Don't miss this set, it's a doozy.

One thing I neglected to mention in the review because it's not exactly pertinent, but these 2 sabers are also pretty cool to handle as 2 hilts at the same time, a la Boc from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. The matching hilts and red blades go great separated like this, plus the smaller and lighter hilts are easier to wield 2 of at once than any of my 6-AA versions.

Jayspawn
07-17-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the review JT! I have this on my list to get now -I didnt think that I could resist it.

JediTricks
07-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Good luck getting one soon, the waiting is what always kills me on these sorts of things. :p And this is the biggest Force FX box I've ever gotten, so that anticipation doubled. I look forward to hearing you got one and seeing your review.:cool:

VidKidd
07-17-2006, 10:29 PM
thanks for the review. I agree with you totally, this items great. And worth the $165 i paid for it pre order from sabervault.com. Anyhow if anyone out the hasnt gotten this, you should. you wont be disapointed at all.

JediTricks
07-18-2006, 04:15 AM
Dang, that's a nice price! And that's shipped too, huh?

It's weird to me, I've been singing Force FX's praise since the first LED blade saber, the Vader ANH, and the line keeps getting better and better, yet I still feel like it's almost an underground hit. Luckily that makes us who are into the line feel like we're in on the ground floor. :D

Jayspawn
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Well I finally caught the bug. I'm really wanting this now!

I saw it at a local shop in a mall but they didnt have it out of the box.

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Which store? Maybe they have layaway, might be worth the effort. Or you could buy it through SSG's sponsor link. ;) http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-1467700-10281570

I remember Suncoast a few years ago had the Mace saber on display out of the box, I picked it up and turned it on and immediately a bunch of customers gravitated towards it. These things almost sell themselves when they're out of the box and have batteries inside.

BountyHunterScum
08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Got my Obi FX saber today.