PDA

View Full Version : Wave 9 in at EE- pics of Wave 10 up, too!

Warstar
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
Go get 'em:

Wave 9 at EE.com! (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34558J)

And check out Wave 10 Rev. 3-

I'm totally stoked ! :D (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS34558K3)

...so, does this mean there will be a dry spell for the 3" TS line near the very end of the year (Nov-Dec?)

I'm stoked to get these guys :)

Kidhuman
07-13-2006, 10:21 PM
S--T yeah, these look good.

bobafrett
07-13-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm digging the TIE Interceptor and the side by side Star Destroyers! Can't wait to get a Leia on speederbike too.

itsme
07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Here's some close-up on wave 10 vehicles. No movable parts for the TIE Interceptor. For the B-Wing, rotating cockpit and movable wings.

itsme
07-18-2006, 09:54 AM
For the BSG Raptor, the main body is die cast whereas the tail section is rubber/plastic. Only comes with opening cockpit. No other features. Both the Viper Mark VII and Colonial 1 do not have any movable features. Dissapointing to me when you compare Viper Mark VII features with its predecessor, Viper Mark II.

For the Super Star Destroyer, the attached Star Destroyer is medium grey in color instead of light grey for the Galoob version of SSD. No difference for the Sandcrawler except for the printed year 2006 instead of 1996.

figrin bran
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
i have a feeling those Mark VII Vipers are going to have a lot of the same paint smear problems as with the cylon raider :(

Warstar
07-18-2006, 05:19 PM
Great pics as usual itsme :) (We're so spoiled here :p)

I'm afraid you're right about that smearing problem, FB :( We'll see I suppose...

I finally found a redeco Falcon today that was good enough to open...so I did! Took long enough.

(Check your PM's itsme :p)

Slicker
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Once again you're on top of things itsme. Great pictures and I can't wait to see that SSD in stores.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 10:55 PM
Got three of these tonight, A-wing, Sandcrawler and Executor. Didnt see Leia on speeder though. Thats the one I want.

Darth Michael
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Did you find them at standard retail?

Warstar
07-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Found the Blue A-wing, Sandcrawler and Executor last night at my local Wal-Mart. Was able to snag 2 Blue A-Wings so I have one opened now, too :D Now I just need another Executor because I like the new paint job (though it kinda' looks "flat" for some reason)-

The Sandcrawler has absolutely NO changes from the old one that I could see- hence it will again be THE biggest peg-warmer of ALL TIME once the "newness" wears off!

*SIGH* Silly Hasbro.

No Leia on the pegs either- so the ships I found were probably in a revision of Wave 9.

EDITED:

Does it bother anyone else that the front of the Blue A-Wing's package graphics are GREEN instead of blue? It bugs me- BIG TIME...I wonder if yet another repaint is on the way sometime soon?

Kidhuman
07-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I didnt even notice the front of the package when I grabbed it to be honset. All in all, I dont care wat color it is, as long as it isnt hot pink and fuscia mixed.

Warstar
07-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Heh- I only noticed the package color because I display my packaged ones (the Titanium Wall...speaking of which I should update with a new pic of that thing now :p). It's just weird to have it be green instead of blue- sort of like the Tri-Lingual Wookie Flyer package.

bobafrett
07-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Got three of these tonight, A-wing, Sandcrawler and Executor. Didnt see Leia on speeder though. Thats the one I want.

Found those same three yesterday plus the AT-At which I didn't think I had, but already did, so I'll open it instead.

Kidhuman
07-20-2006, 09:59 PM
I bought a double of the AT-AT also so I could open one. I need to find the 6" ultra one.

dindae
07-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Picked up the same 3 as well aslo from wal-mart and the endor wave as well. I did notice the green stripe on the packaging. I found it odd but after a few seconds it was in the trash and I didn't worry about it. ;)

Warstar
07-21-2006, 02:25 PM
I bought a double of the AT-AT also so I could open one. I need to find the 6" ultra one.

The last 6" one was sold at my Target today I noticed- they are 2 per case with the Slave 1 and Snowspeeder making up the rest of the case that I saw (I got the other AT-AT in that case)

Heh- I save all my packaging- even on my opened stuff ^_^; So I still have my green stripey one.

itsme
07-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Closeup photos on Ultra TIE X1. Comes with opening cockpit and Vader holding the throttle. Firing system can be seen when you open the laser portion at the bottom of the fighter. Still cant figure out how to release the side panels. They shd be detachable as both panel are secured with the cable ties. A new mold as compared to the both small and large AF versions.

I am starting to get ****ed with the idea of using long screws to secure the vehicles to the base. You'll never know that your purchase will have minor/major scratches around the joins till you unscrew. Good Luck!

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Very very nice pics as usual itsme.

itsme
07-21-2006, 08:29 PM
For the Battlestar Galactica, other than the sliding landing bays, there's no other features that I notice. Should there be the word "GALACTICA" imprinted on both sides of the ship? The 6" ULTRA BG that I have doesn't comes with it. Manufacturing defects or design error?..............hmm

jeddah
07-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi Warsy,

Hi definition pics of the B-wing please. :whip:

:love:

jeddah

Warstar
07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Will do when purchased but I bet itsme will see them first :p

BountyHunterScum
07-31-2006, 11:27 AM
Found Executor and Awing last night at walmart. Also had a blue mf so I snagged that to open.

figrin bran
08-06-2006, 11:20 PM
i just bought the blue a-wing yesterday and while it is one of my favorite vehicles in the entire saga, there's some paint issues that make me not like this particular titanium offering very much.

there's some slight weathering along the edges which is fine. however, on the tail fins both above and below the thrusters, the bottom fins are the same color as the original titanium a-wing while the top fins are blue and white, with the white being as white as can be. it looks kind of strange especially when you consider that the ship is supposed to be slightly dirty.

plasticfetish
08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
At last, picked up a few from these waves... the Sandcrawler, blue A-wing, B-wing. All very nice.

Photos of the Sandcrawler (I know it's pretty much the same as the MM version, but I never grabbed one of those) just added to the Database >> here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4149). Be doing a few others next.

:)

edit: Okay, B-wing photos >> here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4922) and blue A-wing photos >> here (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=3670). (The Blue A-wing photos may move to their own spot though in a bit.)

:)

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 08:53 PM
I was really surprised at how similar the Titanium Sandcrawler is to the Galoob Die-Cast version in terms of paint, this was their chance to really show off their master paint skillz - full on weathering, panel lines, oil leaks, interior details, but instead they used the same paint apps as the original! (I just got up and checked mine, it's like they used the same paint mask stencil.)

Warstar
08-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I was kinda' hoping for as marked improvement on the Sandcrawler, too- but no such luck. Not only does it look like they used the same stencil, the color matching is uncanny...if it weren't for the new date stamps, I would SWEAR they just grabbed all of the old ones from 1996 and repackaged them 10 years later...:p