PDA

View Full Version : Oooo- Gold TIE's for EVERYONE :-D

Warstar
07-13-2006, 09:32 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=163

I'm there dude...even though I have my 2 from Ebay. Thank GOD I didn't pay $100 for one...I'm getting 2 for $58 so that won't be TOO bad.

Off-Topic- I want that TF's Nemesis Prime if I can get it- BUT (and JT- you might know this)- is there a Die-Cast Metal Binaltech version with the black coloration? If there is, I might hold off then.

Anyone know at all?

I agree with JT in that if the writing on the Vader's Legion were in Aurebesh I'd be all over that figure...

Otherwise, post back here on the 20th with your swag snags! :D

Kidhuman
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I got one coming, so I am straight on it.

Slicker
07-14-2006, 09:37 AM
I'll definitely try and get my hands on both of them. I stated in another thread that I'm hopin that the Gold TIE doesn't go too fast and end up on eBay.:rolleyes:

Darth Instigator
07-14-2006, 11:41 AM
omg I am gonna miss this, I have to remember, someone pm me before all the scalpers get them!

JediTricks
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
WS, there is no die-cast Binaltech version of Nemesis Prime *or* that Optimus either, the BT*Kiss version of Optimus is all plastic from what I've heard.

britcit3
07-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Just looked at Hasbro shop and quelle suprise...........they only ship to the USA.

If anybody could bag me one (GOLD DV TIE), I could either send cash or Paypal you.

Cheers & D'oh!

BC3

Darth Instigator
07-15-2006, 07:30 AM
I will try that day, I wonder if it will open at midnight? ANyhow I will order like 4 if I can then I will have one for me to display and 1 for you and 2 extras, if my son wants one then one extra. Or I might only be allowed to get one, who knows but either way I will try and then let you know

britcit3
07-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Nice one

Thanks mate

BC3

Warstar
07-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I'll do what I can as well for ya BritCit-

I want extras for trade fodder down the road...worse comes to worse I can hock them to offset the $58 it cost me for the 2 I pre-ordered on Ebay.

britcit3
07-15-2006, 01:35 PM
WS - you are a gent - thankyou - if you can get one for me, that would be fantastic.

Got really excited when I saw this post and thought "Ha! - I get up 5 hours earlier than Yanks on the East Coast, so I should bag one".

Was really miffed to find it was a US only offer.

So, once again, many thanks

BC3

britcit3
07-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Oh and BTW - just been on Ebay - Blue A-Wings are starting to turn up.

BC3

Warstar
07-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Snagged my LIMITED TO ONE PER PERSON/ADDRESS (!) Gold Tie from Hasbrotoyshop.com. Nice of them to tell us that the quantity is limited to one person/address- they DON'T until you try to order more than one...that's crappy...I'm glad I got at least one more through Ebay now!

Anyway, since I have 2 on the way as it is, the 3rd one will be trade fodder or go to anyone that needs it. Let's stay in contact there (I am keeping one and opening one at least). $14.83 with shipping (so like $15.00)

I missed out on Nemesis Prime (which I suppose is ok- I mean I only like the metal Alternators/Binaltechs anyway...but if they did Nemesis in Metal, I'd be all over it and be really sad that I missed it.

Vader's Legion Stormtroper sold out as I was ordering the Gold TIE (which was not sold out a few minutes ago)...

Anyone else snag the good stuff today?

SHOPPING MAUL
07-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I ordered a gold Darth Vader tie-fighter from Hasbrotoyshop earlier today.
I noticed that the pictures on the Hasbro site shows the gold vader tie
without the SDCC logo above it, and no convention exclusive printed across
the package. Now for possibly a dumb question, is the Hasbrotoyshop gold
tie an actual SDCC exclusive or not?:cross-eye

Darth Michael
07-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Anyone else snag the good stuff today?
Had my finger on the button... but I can't justify $15 for it.

Warstar
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
I ordered a gold Darth Vader tie-fighter from Hasbrotoyshop earlier today.
I noticed that the pictures on the Hasbro site shows the gold vader tie
without the SDCC logo above it, and no convention exclusive printed across
the package. Now for possibly a dumb question, is the Hasbrotoyshop gold
tie an actual SDCC exclusive or not?:cross-eye

I am 99.9% positive we'll be getting the the SDCC version. I'd be HIGHLY surprised if they sold the Toyfair 2006 version (with the 2006 Convention Exclusive sticker but without the SDCC logo in it).

...I'd be even MORE surprised if there were no logos or stickers on it at all! If that ends up being the case then the HasbroToyShop.com version would be the rarest packaging variant of all for the Titanium Series ships!

Still- the pics on Hasbro's site for the Gold Darth's TIE are OLD and have been around since before it was released even at Toy Fair 2006. Don't trust them ;) Count on getting the SDCC Comic Con Exclusive verson with the logo inside the package.

Darth Michael- I hope you don't regret that :( However the prices for the Gold TIE are just plain PLUMMETTING (SP) on Ebay right now! Which is, IMHO, a VERY good thing- no more $100 or $150 bids for them! :D I hope the Toy Fair 2006 ones drop in price, too (I saw one sell for $51 recently- wish I had bid on it for that price considering that variation!)

Kidhuman
07-20-2006, 05:21 PM
WS, I might need the extra one you have if El Chuxter doesnt grab me one from SDCC. Will let you know unless you have a trade worked out already.

Warstar
07-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Depends on Britcit at this point, KH- we'll go from there. They are in the $20-$30 range for in-hand ones on Ebay. That's ain't bad. Else I think Hasbrotoyshop.com still has some, even right now!

shinakuma43
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Hmm, it took me about an hour, but I got 2 orders in. They charged my CC for both so hopefully I get both. I thought it was just 1 per order, I didn't get a problem doing the second order, sucked that I had to pay the sipping twice though. Hopefully it works out, I'd hate to have it been a waste of time, the first order only took about 15 minutes, the 2nd one took a lot longer. I guess a lot more people were trying to order them too. I was thinking about ordering the Transformer (basicly because I haven't bought a Transformer since probably 1984), but it wasn't available when I ordered the Vader's Tie. It said "coming soon" or something. now it's sold out, lol.

Later,
S43

SHOPPING MAUL
07-20-2006, 07:33 PM
A customer service rep at Hasbrotoys.com told me the gold Vader
they're selling is the one from SDCC.
Warstar, you are right!:yes: I believe......

Darth Instigator
07-20-2006, 10:52 PM
ok I forgot yesterday but ordered one tonight, they are still listed in stock, do you still need one brit or did someone take care of you, it was only one per order, bt I can try again if need be.

britcit3
07-20-2006, 11:40 PM
If anybody can get me one, then I would be most grateful.

Payment will be no problem.

BC3

Warstar
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
We'll call the one I got yours then Britcit- let me get all 3 of the ones I am getting in order and we'll go from there :) You want one to open or one to keep closed? :)

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Ws, its all good the BC is getting one, I am ok with that as you promised him. Now Mr. Instigator or whoever ordered 2 of them, if I need the extra can you spare it?

Warstar
07-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Earlier in this post I said I'd have him covered...

...now I just gotta' get the thing :p

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I know you did, thats why I aint upset. Its all good, I will get one.

Darth Instigator
07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
lol, ok then brit is good, kid you need one you say? I only ordered 1 so I didnt try to order again, lmk and I can try again

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
I might need one, I have a friend there and hoping he grabs me one, so I can let you know. If not I will order myself, I thought you had an extra one already.

shinakuma43
07-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Did anyone get confirmation that they shipped? Mine said they would both ship yesterday, but I checked the status and neither has been shipped yet. I wonder if they'll cancle them because I did 2 orders, I hope not.

Later,
S43

britcit3
07-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Many thanks WS - I'm most grateful.

Open will be find (I'm a Titanium opener) - so if you want to open it to reduce postage costs thats fine too.

Just tell me what I owe you and how you want paying (paypal/cash) and I will send funds.

You will have to send it to my parents house in Liverpool - will be moving house in a few days and it may arrive after we have left our current house.

Once again, many thanks

BC3

Kidhuman
07-24-2006, 06:13 AM
Would like to thtank you guys for offering, but El Chuxter came through for me. Thanks EC and fellas here for looking out.

Warstar
07-25-2006, 02:01 PM
I just spoke with Hasbro- the Gold TIE's are back-ordered!

The rep said that they anticipate on having enough to fill all of the internet orders, but none will be available beyond what's already been ordered...

Wow...

SO! Britcit- let's hope they get them, eh?

britcit3
07-25-2006, 04:25 PM
Good man

BC3

Darth Instigator
07-31-2006, 11:22 AM
mine still didnt get charged to my card, is that a bad thing?

Warstar
07-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Mine hasn't been charged either- so I don't know, really...:(

Darth Instigator
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM
ok then all is good i hope

Darth Michael
08-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Had my finger on the button... but I can't justify $15 for it.
I hope you don't regret that
Yeah. I didn't originally purchase an Action Fleet Sandrcrawler or Virago. I came to later regret that. For just that reason, I bought all of the 3" Titanium Transformers recently.

So I gently put my finger back on the button, and...

Warstar
08-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Wow- COOL! :D Glad you got yours! :)

Openedm the Gold TIE looks danged cool...I am going to post a pic of it in the fashion thread soon enough :)

britcit3
08-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Warstar is a star!

Just recieved my gold DC TIE from him - keeping the spirit of VT alive!!

Nice one mate - you're a diamond geezer!!!

BC3

PS had bumper day - also recieved blue a-wing, b-wing, tie interceptor & BSG wave 2 - what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Warstar
08-22-2006, 02:18 PM
GREAT! :D Glad to hear it got there ok :D Pretty cool, isn't it? Sorry that the package wasn't the best though but that's how Hasbro sent it to me :(

Either way, glad to be of service to our fellows across the pond ;)

britcit3
08-22-2006, 03:02 PM
S'OK!

Have committed a most serious crime ..................I have OPENED the gold TIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way too cool to keep boxed!

Will post pics in a couple of weeks (going offline for a couple of weeks whilst moving house again)

BC3

Thanks again mate.