PDA

View Full Version : 501st Legion and Gold Vader TIE question

pegger
07-14-2006, 07:37 AM
I can't remember where, but I read that these might be available at Habrotoyshop or something? Can anyone confirm or deny this? If yes - where they already out, or are they waiting until after (or during) SDCC?

dindae
07-14-2006, 07:57 AM
It is confirmed they even have an ad on the page with a date (7-20). The e one day I'm not scheduled to be at a computer all day. :frus:

Slicker
07-14-2006, 10:31 AM
That's good but I'm afraid that the Gold TIE will be gobbled up with a quickness. The trooper shouldn't be that tough though.

dindae
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
It all depends on the limits they set and how many they put on the site. If it is the same they put on sws.com then we should be good if they use the normal hasbrotoyshop.com stocking rules we are screwed.

Banthaholic
07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I'll def be getting me one of the 501st next Thursday. I'm apreciative that they have them up for buy since San Diego is too far for me to go for this.

I haven't ordered yet from them so I might use this chance to grab another item or two. Other than what's in the inventory has anyone had any good or bad transactions with them?

Darth Cruel
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Hasbro's web page said that they would be selling these on line as well as at SDCC a month ago. And I have been chomping at the bit to get at them ever since I first saw the notice. I hope they have produced about 5,000,000 of these as I want 20 to add to my formation display.

Kevin479
07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
does anyone what time they will start selling these on the website

mtriv73
07-20-2006, 08:09 AM
They're up and for sale now. Stop wasting time reading this and go over to hasbro before they sell out.

doch18
07-20-2006, 08:14 AM
I can't get to the site....is it down?

pegger
07-20-2006, 08:15 AM
I can't get to the site....is it down?
Me neither!!!!! ARRGGG!!!

doch18
07-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Anybody that got through know the price of the exclusives?

mtriv73
07-20-2006, 08:24 AM
14.99 for the stormtrooper

9.99 for the tie

I didn't check the transformer

Limit one on each per transaction. I got on a second time and ordered another 501st for a collector buddy of mine, so the limit doesn't seem to be per household.

doch18
07-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Starting to get a bit annoyed. I was on, then knocked out, and now can't get back in.

Banthaholic
07-20-2006, 08:32 AM
What a piece of junk!

mtriv73
07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Sideshow had the same problems with their servers at first. It looks like Hasbro wasn't expecting this kind of response. Good luck.

pegger
07-20-2006, 08:46 AM
I got in through the regular hasbro site - and have both items in my cart - but now can't check out!!!

Darth Cruel
07-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Is it at Hasbro or SWS? How about a link?

Never mind you all...here it is for anyone who needs it.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=96&ID=17903&PG=1

I should have made my order before posting the link. When I first got on to the page I was able to make an order, but I decided to post the link before I got them and when I went back I had to go through the whole page again and they were sold out. Some of you guys could really help us out if you were to post links when you get these kinds of items.

pegger
07-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Is it at Hasbro or SWS? How about a link?

Never mind you all...here it is for anyone who needs it.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByCategory.htm?CD=96&ID=17903&PG=1

I should have made my order before posting the link. When I first got on to the page I was able to make an order, but I decided to post the link before I got them and when I went back I had to go through the whole page again and they were sold out. Some of you guys could really help us out if you were to post links when you get these kinds of items.

Well - it took me 1 1/2 hours but I finally got my order through. Getting only 1 each tho sucks.

Hasbro - ball dropped here. Should have expected a big run....

Banthaholic
07-20-2006, 09:48 AM
I finally got through after about an hour of constant trying. At least they offered them, but they were not ready for this!

pegger
07-20-2006, 09:52 AM
501st is no longer available.

CooLJoE
07-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Well I got an order in for 1x 501st and 1x Gold Tie. I had the idea to make a 2nd order for 1 of each again, but got sidetracked trying to find out why I couldn't order Nemesis Prime (the transformer exclusive). So now I go back and the 501st is sold out completely. Gold Tie is still in stock though.

Damn, I really wanted 2 of the 501st (1 for carded, 1 to open). Oh well, atleast I got 1. Took forever to order them.

Darth Cruel
07-20-2006, 10:02 AM
What makes me mad is that I actually got in within about 10 or 15 minutes. CRAP I should have made my order first. I hope like hell that they still have some at the Con when I go Saturday.

doch18
07-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I guess I got a trooper. I got a confirmation number and everything, but here's the thing. I had two windows open trying to get in. I was about to give up because when I finally got in it said the trooper was unavailable. Then the other window let me place an order. So....if I have a confirmation # I'm good, right?

pegger
07-20-2006, 10:53 AM
I guess I got a trooper. I got a confirmation number and everything, but here's the thing. I had two windows open trying to get in. I was about to give up because when I finally got in it said the trooper was unavailable. Then the other window let me place an order. So....if I have a confirmation # I'm good, right?

I'm sure that there will be a big mess trying to figure this all out.....you may be OK. What about people that had them in thier carts - and got booted? Are they counted against stock (even though they weren't bought..)

Slicker
07-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Should've expected this. Can't really blame anyone though. This is one of the first times that a highly expected figure has gone on SWS so it's a learning experience for all.

pegger
07-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Should've expected this. Can't really blame anyone though. This is one of the first times that a highly expected figure has gone on SWS so it's a learning experience for all.
Don't tell me who I can or can't blame. I can blame who ever the heck I want.

Lousy Al-Queda buying up all the SW figs!!

pegger
07-20-2006, 11:43 AM
I just heard that if we called in you could order 10 at a time!! What the heck is up with that?

CooLJoE
07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
I just heard that if we called in you could order 10 at a time!! What the heck is up with that?
I doubt its true, as there were rules posted on another board (regarding the transformer) that said the store wouldn't limit how many could be put in your cart, but would limit you when you tried to check out. And they also said not to try and order multiples as they would then have to recredit your card. So my guess is that someone is pulling your chain, or the sales rep didn't know the rules and is about to find out about them when he tries to create the order on his computer.

jonthejedi
07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Tried at 6am to order 501st dude, wasn't up yet...got home around 2:30 pm...out of stock. SSDD. Who can I call to complain to???

abell748
07-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I was able to get my TIE and 501 Trooper in my cart after 10 minutes. But after an hour and a half of trying to get through checkout, the 501 trooper that was in my cart came up as "out of stock". I felt like I got mugged!!! The thing that got me mad was that it was IN MY FRAKKIN' CART for 90 minutes!!!! I sent them an e-mail about it and this was their response:

To: btabell@hotmail.com
Subject: RE:501 trooper fiasco [#804079]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 12:30:31 -0400
>
>Dear Customer,
>
>Unfortunately, we are unable to place any orders at the current time due to a technical error. Please keep checking the website. As soon as the error is rectified our websites will be updated.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>HasbroToyShop.com Customer Service Center
>
>
>Charles 643

What is that sound...Hasbro dropping the ball AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pegger
07-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Subject: RE:501 trooper fiasco [#804079]

lol

That is a perfect subject line.

I think it is BS if you have it in your cart, and can't check out so you don't get it.

mtriv73
07-20-2006, 02:15 PM
I doubt its true, as there were rules posted on another board (regarding the transformer) that said the store wouldn't limit how many could be put in your cart, but would limit you when you tried to check out. And they also said not to try and order multiples as they would then have to recredit your card. So my guess is that someone is pulling your chain, or the sales rep didn't know the rules and is about to find out about them when he tries to create the order on his computer.

Which other board was this posted on? I was lucky enough to get in and order a second one for a friend, but if they're going to cancel that order I need to let him know asap so he can find another. Incidentally, both orders are still shown as shipping tomorrow.

UKWildcat
07-20-2006, 04:24 PM
All I can say is ARRRGGGHHHH!!!! :mad:

The Titanium is still available but I was really hoping to get the 501st Trooper.

jonthejedi
07-20-2006, 04:27 PM
So were we all, UK...so were we all.

Fwad
07-20-2006, 06:12 PM
It will show up again.

pegger
07-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Got notification that they are shipping tomorrow...My 1st order. I ordered a second TIE just after...no word if that is shipping.

mtriv73
07-20-2006, 10:15 PM
My first set shipped today! They haven't cancelled the other...yet.

Luuuuuuke
07-20-2006, 10:26 PM
A friend whose at SDCC is supposed to buy one for me. If not, no great shakes for me, but it would be cool to get it. I like the banner.

dindae
07-20-2006, 11:48 PM
Well I ordered mine via phone since I couldn't be at the computer until it got up. The site was not taking my email address for a profile apparently @comcast.net isn't a valid email according to them. So I'm hoping the order will go through. It didn't get a confirmation # or anything like that so I'm pretty suspect.

CooLJoE
07-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Which other board was this posted on? I was lucky enough to get in and order a second one for a friend, but if they're going to cancel that order I need to let him know asap so he can find another. Incidentally, both orders are still shown as shipping tomorrow.

It was on a transformers messageboard (tfw2005.com). It may have been regarding just the exclusive transformer, but who knows. If they haven't cancelled your order yet, its possibly that it won't be cancelled at all.

doch18
07-24-2006, 12:01 PM
Just got an email from hasbrotoyshop. They said my figure was backordered and would go out on 08/05. I called them to confirm, and they said they had plenty to meet the demand. Does that mean that they had more than 5000 to begin with, or just the demand to meet the 5000? I'm still a bit skeptical until that trooper is in my hand.

Darth Cruel
07-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I believe there is no reason to be concerned at all...as Comic-Con closed to the public last night, they had not sold out, and they removed the limit most of the day Sunday. And with all of the Frank-n-Son vendors that were there...if they all got what they wanted and Hasbro STILL didn't sell out (although they were below 200 in stock at the con by the time it was over), I would put a guess at the production run being well over 100,000. I, myself, got as many as I wanted and I am an army-builder. And I have no reason to believe that they would bring stock to the con that was needed to fill orders made before it.

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
A production run of 100,000? That'd be double the number of regular-release figures, exclusives are more like 5,000-10,000 units.

Darth Cruel
07-24-2006, 04:03 PM
That may be the case. I am guesstimating based on the fact that a few years ago...there was always complaining that 5,000 exclusives would sell out in the first few hours of the con at a 1-per-customer limit. Now they are outlasting 4 days of fans AND the F-n-S guys with higher limits that can be purchased (my understanding is that day one and two had 2-per limits, and I know that day three and the first hour or so of day four had a five-per limit...then the limit was removed for the rest of day four). Although I do not know, I find it hard to believe that a production run of only 10,000 of this particular figure (which would appeal to about as many people considering that some people who normally buy Storntroopers wouldn't want it for various reasons, and a few others who would not normally buy Stormtroopers would want it for other various reasons AND is a troop-builder as well although I realize not all troop-builders are like me and want to build EVERY troop) would hold out that long.

Edit - Oh...and did i forget to add the intenet sales to the tribulations that the production run outlasted? That is something that the production run didn't have to sustain in the early years either.

Edit again - The more I think about it...the more improbable it seems to me that 10,000 figures satiated that much of the overall demand.

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I have a feeling the $15 pricetag and limited appeal of the figure may have been what kept it from selling, I bet Hasbro made 7,500 to 12,500 of these and expected more interest (unlike the Alternators Nemesis Prime which disappeared almost immediately).

Darth Cruel
07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
I guess that really could be the case. EE had (roughly) 17,000 of the SA clone four-packs and it took like a year and a half to sell through those. And that was a very popular army-builder.

Maybe I am just assuming that collecting is bigger than it actually is.

dindae
07-24-2006, 04:28 PM
The Target clone was 50,000 as I believe the Lava Vader was as well. I'm guessing it is smaller but still around 20,000-30,000.

Banthaholic
07-24-2006, 11:00 PM
I got a notice mine shipped on Saturday.

I'm kinda curious on the numers of these. It seemed strange that these things sold so fast. The past conventions excusives have all been around a day or more on SWS.com, not the 75 minutes these lasted.

For anyone who has one, rhw pictures they show have it in a VTSC type case. Is it sealed in these, if so by what means?

Lord Malakite
07-25-2006, 02:18 AM
II'm kinda curious on the numers of these. It seemed strange that these things sold so fast. The past conventions excusives have all been around a day or more on SWS.com, not the 75 minutes these lasted.
How many of the previous convention exclusives do you know of that were simultaneously an attraction not only to army builders, but to expanded universe collectors and to members of a SW club it is based on (the 501st) as well?

Factor that in with as many SW collectors (and potential scalpers) who couldn't go to Comic-Con directly due to other obligations I'm not one bit suprised he sold out as quickly as he did online.

jonthejedi
07-25-2006, 03:44 AM
I'm just wondering if any are going to make it back online to Hasbroshop.com & when? I tried at 6am to order that day(too soon), and was at work durning that 75 minute window they sold out. I didn't have a fighting(501st) chance in hell. But I did notice several hundred scalpers wasted no time gettin' 'em on ebay. I called the cust. servive # several times, but never got a straight answer.

JediTricks
07-25-2006, 02:31 PM
Maybe I am just assuming that collecting is bigger than it actually is.Yeah, I do that, I overestimate the size of the collecting base in my head too, then I have to re-ground myself.

Factor that in with as many SW collectors (and potential scalpers) who couldn't go to Comic-Con directly due to other obligations I'm not one bit suprised he sold out as quickly as he did online.HasbroToyShop blew it with all their SDCC exclusives in one way or another, yet there were still a lot 501sts available at the end of the con.

Lord Malakite
07-25-2006, 03:49 PM
HasbroToyShop blew it with all their SDCC exclusives in one way or another, yet there were still a lot 501sts available at the end of the con.
Only because of buying limitatons till the last day and not everyone who wanted one (or in army builders's and scalper's case many :D) couldn't be there in person. Price wise you could be right in saying it was too expensive JT, for an army builder anyway. lol I doubt it would of been enough to deter the scalpers and most collectors who wanted one or two total. In any case, hopefully they will put the leftovers on sale either at Hasbro's and/or SWshop's website for people screwed out of one from the first online outing.

Kidhuman
07-25-2006, 04:21 PM
MAla, from what I heard there were no limits on the amount you bought. El Chuxter stated people were buying cases of the 501.

dindae
07-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Well I call HasbroToyShop about my order since it hadn't been entered yet. They said they expect to have all of the orders taken over the phone entered into the system by next week. So I think they will put any extras after they enter all of the order they took.

Veers
07-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Dang! I missed out on it. Oh well, I will have to get via Ebay.:mad:

mtriv73
07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
Dang! I missed out on it. Oh well, I will have to get via Ebay.:mad:

Not yet...maybe. It's back up on Hasbro Toy shops website and listed as sold out. This is a step up from it having been taken off altogether the other day. Maybe they have some more to put up for sale in the near future?

JediTricks
07-27-2006, 04:44 PM
I hope you're right, not for the figure, but I want the SDCC Nemesis Prime Transformer and he's also back on the site as Sold-Out.

Banthaholic
07-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I got my 501st in the mail today and I was NOT impressed by the packaging job. The outter shell of the figure was bent in a few spots. I sent an email to them just to mention my displeasure, and was given a form email telling me I could ship it back and speciify if I want a refund or exchange (not sure how an exhcnage would work on a supposed sold out product :rolleyes: )

I have no intentions or returning it, I can just see the email telling me due to the item not being in stock I will get a refund. Plus it's the principle more than anything. If they're going to sell SW exclusives at $15 a pop, they are going to have to spend a little extra time to make sure they send a $15 product.

Reefer Shark
07-27-2006, 05:16 PM
MAla, from what I heard there were no limits on the amount you bought. El Chuxter stated people were buying cases of the 501.

I was there on Thursday. They told me the limit was 5 per person (I bought 5), but I noticed lots of people walking out with whole cases.... It was disturbing to say the least.

Oh yeah, and I wasn't able to get a Nemisis Prime - they said he was sold out (and this was around 2pm on the 1st day). I think they limited that one to a certain amount sold per day.

Darth Cruel
07-30-2006, 02:53 PM
As i stated in a previous post, I didn't go until Saturday. But a guy I know that had a booth there told me that At first, the limit was two per person. But vendors are usually given a lot more...i don't kmow if that is Hasbro policy or a shady deal. But when I went Saturday, the limit was 5 per person (and I do not know when the limit changed from 2 to 5). I know people who took there kids to get 5 "for each of them" as well...i was going to do the same thing. So if there were people running around with cases before Sunday...it COULD have been that they used friends' or family's badges to get extra. It is not that hard to do. And on Sunday they still had so many that they completely removed the limit. And I know that some people were told that they could buy two cases if they wanted, but most of the people I know didn't go that far. I was able to get most of what I wanted for troop-building. But not quite all. I came about 5 short. Next year...if there is a good troop-builder exclusive...I will be going all out to get the ones I want.

I believe there were enough to go around...even for troop-builders. But some people may have to get them from eBay. And to those people I give this advice:

Don't drive the bids up beyond the original retail price. Choose to go without instead. Don't do BINs that are over retail either. And if you choose to buy them from eBay at prices over retail...you hurt your credibility for speaking out against it. I speak from experience. There are figures that I do not have for this reason, Jorg Sacul for one (But even I was mad when I found out I missed Jorg Sacul figures on mint cards for 20.00 at one of the vendors' boothes at the Con).