PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else a little pumped for the Mustafar Lava Miner???

jjreason
07-15-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they do with "the burly Mustafarian" as someone else here called it!

Seeing the new cardback design was awesome - but seeing one created specifically for an upcoming figure (and a background movie figure at that!!!) got me all hot and bothered errrr excited.

Battle Droid
07-15-2006, 11:23 PM
I'm very excited to see him, and hope he's at San Diego Comic Con! :D

Kidhuman
07-16-2006, 06:02 AM
I was happy to see it and hope it is not just a mock up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2006, 11:38 AM
I've been waiting for a figure of someone who was surprised by the Mustafar duel, and the Lava Miner fits the bill nicely. :D

DarkArtist
07-16-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah this could be an exciting figure. A great pack in could be the droid that Anakin rides on during the duel or perhaps the platform that both Obi Wan and Anakin duel on.

Jargo
07-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, no. Not really. Not unless they followed him up with the release of the Mustafar flea and rider and the lava scooping droid that Anakin jumps on top of. Re-release the Mustafar sentry dude and put out some more of the separatists.

I truly hate just getting a single character from a location and then having to wait years to get another matching character. why do it if there's nothng else to go with it? (obviously there's a few figures that do but you catch my drift.... hopefully)

a charred Anakin on the medsled with a brand new palpatine figure with decent articulation would be a nice addition. as would his shuttle. As would Padmes ship. As would a control room playset environment without any missile firing cannons and action features. just a decent representation of the room with a gantry leading off it. The Mustafar playset hasbro put out truly stinks big time.

and as for packing in stuf with burly mustafarian lava miner, he should come with his big bucket on a pole and that is all.

Bosskman
07-16-2006, 04:22 PM
I want the Mustafar Lava FLEA. That would be sweet. And we need a Mustafar Nute Gunray with removable limbs.

Blue2th
07-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I thought the miners head was the same as Coleman Trebor. Then I looked at the new card and it's close to the same shape, but different. Maybe it's because he's wearing a respirator. Is he the same race as Coleman?

Battle Droid
07-16-2006, 06:45 PM
No he's a Mustafarian, Coleman Trebor is a Vurk.

Darth Cruel
07-16-2006, 07:54 PM
I have always said that ANY character that gets figurized is great with me. Although I do not feel the anxious anticipation for this figure that I do for some (like the airborn clone coming in the Mace battle pack). I am always glad to get a new character.

Edit - And they darned well better get my Rebel Sentry that was supposed to come out in the Saga2 line out early next year.

General_Grievous
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
I was happy to see it and hope it is not just a mock up.
I doubt it's a mock up. If it were, they would just use any old Luke, Han or Vader pic. I'm pumped about the new Mustafarian. But I'm even more excited about the Galactic Marine. With that and beehive head in Mace's battlepack, we've got nearly all the clones. Now all we need is an articulated Kashyyk ground trooper (camo scout trooper).

Kidhuman
07-16-2006, 09:34 PM
Agreed on the Grees troops. I dont think it is a mock up, but you never know whith Hasbro

General_Grievous
07-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, but they have been on the ball lately. The only major complaint I've had lately is about the armies of Lushros Dofines and Holo Ki-Adis I see everywhere. But the Greatest Hits figures, which I originally thought would pegwarm, are all sold out here, thanks mostly to kids. So I guess Hasbro's been doing something right.

Banthaholic
07-17-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm excited. Everytime I watch this scene I keep pointing out that we need a figure of him.

Would this be the top of my must make figures? No, but I'll take him now if he's coming. Maybe even come out with his work buddies.

Though if I were him I would have contacted OSHA about my working conditions, unless Palpatine disolved OSHA prior to the Clone Wars...

Battle Droid
07-21-2006, 03:07 PM
He looks AWESOME!

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/3-06/QA4.jpg

Battle Droid
07-21-2006, 05:00 PM
He looks even more AWESOME in this pic!

http://starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/img/36.jpg

jjreason
07-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I agree - he's excellent in the pics, as is the Galactic Marine, as does the Utapau Airborne Trooper. Let's hope that the figures turn out alright, I remember being pretty pumped about the Saga Snowtrooper but being more than a little "ho-hummed" about the actual figure.

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 03:20 AM
He does look pretty sick indeed, a few of these around the Mustafar playset will look good indeed.

Tycho
07-25-2006, 11:37 PM
I wanted this figure myself. I have a feeling he might be quite large, too! Yaaay!

Blue2th
07-25-2006, 11:56 PM
I've been pumped by Hasbro for alot of my cash! Looks like I'm pumped for this one too.

Tycho
07-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Well the Lava Miner comes with a firery scooper of lava, so you can burn your money in that :laugh:

JEDIpartner
07-26-2006, 08:56 AM
I like the lava miner... :)

DarthQuack
07-29-2006, 02:33 PM
He's a smooth pimp.

Tycho
07-29-2006, 03:19 PM
He's a smooth pimp.

That would better describe the long-wanted Lando in Smuggler's Gear figure should they ever produce him (I think they will eventually - they could recycle the body and make Han Solo Yavin Ceremony with it too).

Blue2th
07-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Well the Lava Miner comes with a firery scooper of lava, so you can burn your money in that :laugh:
And when I'm done handling the filthy luker, I'll wash my hands with Lava soap:laugh: