PDA

View Full Version : so I lost my laptop today

Darth Instigator
07-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Today I went out to work on my motorcycle and similarly to everyday I strap my computer bag onto the back with the straps (its a backpack type) then bungee cord strap it on for extra security. I do the same today. I drive about 30 miles to work and get off and notice the bag is gone, ****ING gone, my Dell 600M, brand new, my 20G MP3 player, my Palm Tungsten M, my Oakley sunglasses and my shirt I was gonna wear to work plus some other **** were in it. I was ****ed, I drove mostly highway and a long long way. I have never lost my bag though in the past I typically check it to make sure its still there. Well I didn't bother to check today. I have been doing this for 2 years now. I am flipping, so I call my house and the wife says that some guy called and said he found it around the corner from my house and that he had to go through my stuff to find my number. He says everything seems to be intact but he is in the Hamptons working, which is 20 miles the other way. So I have talked to him twice today and he says he will call me on his way past to return it to me, which I will be completely grateful for but I dont have ANY money to give him for like a reward, I will basically tell him I owe him big time, anything, anytime. Whether it be to use my trailer, or to pick him up if he is stuck or send him to my brothers shop for discounted auto repairs, or computer work. But I just hope my laptop didnt break in the fall.

Thankfully I have the laptop BIOS passworded so you cant even use the thing if you tried but it seems someone honest found it. Fortunately cause theres alot of trash in my neighborhood down that side of it. I will update to what happens but what a ****ed up day.

Darth Jax
07-17-2006, 06:09 PM
i lose my laptop every time i stand up...

plasticfetish
07-17-2006, 07:06 PM
Man, that sucks... it's good that it turned up, but I know the feeling. I've driven away and left things sitting behind before... I left a clipboard w/ an envelope full of work receipts sitting on top of a pay phone in Hollywood once. I thought I was going to puke, but amazingly the thing was still there when I drove back.

Never lost a laptop before though. Ouch... hope it works out.

pegger
07-17-2006, 08:11 PM
You're lucky you got yours back...

About 1 month ago I was in Philippines (Manila) - and had my laptop AND luggage stolen from the car...first day of my business trip too!

That was a start to a lousy 3 weeks, I can tell you...

Slicker
07-17-2006, 08:17 PM
i lose my laptop every time i stand up...*shakes head at the fact that I actually laughed at this*lol

It's unfortunate that you lost your computer but at the same time it's great that there are still honest people in this world. You got lucky enough to get one of them people instead of the crackhead out to make an easy buck to get his next fix. Hope everything works out well for ya and that the laptop isn't broken.

Kidhuman
07-17-2006, 09:04 PM
That sucks D.I. I feel for ya

JetsAndHeels
07-18-2006, 12:06 AM
Glad to hear your things were found by an honest person. I hope everything is in good condition when you get it back.

On another note, what kind of motorcycle do you have? I have been wanting one for years!!

One other thing..are you a Jets fan??

Bobby Fett
07-18-2006, 07:02 AM
Glad to hear your things were found by an honest person. I hope everything is in good condition when you get it back.

On another note, what kind of motorcycle do you have? I have been wanting one for years!!

One other thing..are you a Jets fan??

If D.I. is smart enough to use a laptop, I'm sure he's smart enough to not be a Jets fan! :D :D

JetsAndHeels
07-18-2006, 08:36 AM
If D.I. is smart enough to use a laptop, I'm sure he's smart enough to not be a Jets fan! :D :D

He is in Long Island, so there is a chance!!

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 09:38 AM
That sucks D.I. although it sounds like you are going to get your gear back which is awesome. Be sure to let us know how everything works out.

Darth Instigator
07-18-2006, 09:51 AM
hey sorry guys, I finally got my bag back last night and NOTHING was broken and the guy didnt want anything he just said he knew he would miss it too so he wanted to get it back to me, and I had Fire Department stuff in it so he knew I must help people. Everything was intact, I am so fotunate!

I dont particularly care for football but I do watch and know the rules, I am a sports fan but I work so much I have no time to follow anyones seasons. I more so like Baseball and Hockey, Yankees and Rangers respectively.

My motorcycle is a 2004 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, its basically a chrome and black cruiser style with very loud pipes that obviously drown out the sound of a bag falling off.

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 09:57 AM
hey sorry guys, I finally got my bag back last night and NOTHING was broken and the guy didnt want anything he just said he knew he would miss it too so he wanted to get it back to me, and I had Fire Department stuff in it so he knew I must help people. Everything was intact, I am so fotunate!

Awesome!!! Glad to hear!!! :thumbsup:

pegger
07-18-2006, 10:53 AM
That's awesome news. Good to hear that there are still a couple of honest people out there.

Kidhuman
07-18-2006, 01:05 PM
You should have given him a headbutt for a reward