PDA

View Full Version : An iguana?

El Chuxter
07-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I found the Endor wave this morning, and it appears someone at Hasbro has an odd sense of humor. On the little mini-bio for Chief Chirpa, it says:

Chief Advisor: An Iguana

I'm not sure whether to think it's funny or to be ****ed off that they're not taking the second greatest Ewok of all time more seriously. :p

Another amusing one I noticed:

Blown to pieces: At least twice

mtriv73
07-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Isn't the iguana thing a reference to the Ewoks cartoon?

Maybe Hasbro is taking this EU thing a little too seriously (or at least too far.)

Battle Droid
07-18-2006, 02:52 PM
I thought the Iguana was just his pet. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Several of the Saga figs have had "humorous" personal bios (using Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" comment, if you consider them "funny" ). Some selctions:
R5-D4: "Suffers From: Bad Motivator"
Sandtrooper: "Falls For: A Jedi Mind Trick"
Grievous: "Sentiments to Anakin: Jedi Scum!"
Comm. Cody: "Programmed: To Execute Order 66" (wait that last one's sad :cry: )

El Chuxter
07-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, but those are legit. I've never heard of Chirpa taking counsel from a South American lizard.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, but those are legit. I've never heard of Chirpa taking counsel from a South American lizard.Maybe there was a deleted scene we never saw, or perhaps it was Logray's school nickname. :confused:

The thing I noticed was that it said Threepio was blown to pieces at least twice. I know about Cloud City, he lost an arm (then an eye) on Tatooine, and traded heads with a battle droid, but where was his second time gettin' blasted?

El Chuxter
07-18-2006, 04:46 PM
I actually wondered that myself when I read it. Maybe it was off-camera. Or maybe Hasbro knows more about the upcoming TV show than we do.

Kidhuman
07-18-2006, 05:25 PM
I was wondering the same about 3po. I dunno when he got blown up again.

Ook
07-26-2006, 02:16 AM
I believe there's an iguana sitting on his head in the movie. PIC (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chiefchirpa/img/movie_bg.jpg) Damned if I ever noticed it myself. Check out his bio (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chiefchirpa/) on the official site. Wish they would've included it with the fig. :)

Slicker
07-26-2006, 04:03 AM
Well, holy carp!! That's actually still quite funny though.

El Chuxter
07-26-2006, 08:27 AM
Wow. That movie's how old, and none of us had ever noticed that? :)

Battle Droid
07-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I knew he had one, just didn't know it was his advisior.

Kidhuman
07-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow. That movie's how old, and none of us had ever noticed that? :)

I've probably seen ROTJ as much as I have seen my parents and never noticed it before

bigbarada
07-26-2006, 04:37 PM
They could have added the Chirpa joke from an old issue of Toyfare:

Name translates as: "him with much feces in fur"

:D

Rogue II
07-26-2006, 04:47 PM
I used to have an iguana. He never advised me of anything, probably because I named him Isaac after the bartender from The Love Boat.

Ook
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
This post (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1480284&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1) is the first I ever heard of it.

They could have added the Chirpa joke from an old issue of Toyfare:

Name translates as: "him with much feces in fur"

:D
Good ol' ToyFare. :D

I used to have an iguana. He never advised me of anything, probably because I named him Isaac after the bartender from The Love Boat.
But didn't he give people dating advice and help them with their love lives? :love: Maybe you didn't ask the right questions.