PDA

View Full Version : Blak

Darth Jax
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
is coca-cola's new fusion of coke and coffee available nationwide or is colorado once again a test market for the soft drink companies to try something new (crystal pepsi anyone?)? i don't drink caffeinated sodas nor coffee, but can't imagine that the two tastes go together well.

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I haven't seen or even heard of Blak until you mentioned it. I'd say you Colorado folks are guinea pigs; drink with caution. ;)

Kidhuman
07-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Its been around Va for sometime now UK. I hate coffee drinks and many people say it tastes like carp anyway

UKWildcat
07-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Really kh? I've never seen it around here. I'll have to take a closer look next time I'm at the store or 7-11.

I'm not a huge coffee drinker but I'd be curious to see how this carp tastes. If I can find it, I'll try it.

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
It's been around CA a while as well, the idea of cola + coffee flavors sounds ultranasty to me.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 03:03 PM
It's been around CA a while as well, the idea of cola + coffee flavors sounds ultranasty to me.

Actually I used to drink Manhattan Specials which is coffee soda and it is pretty good.

link (http://www.manhattanspecial.com/products_pure_espresso.html)

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
That's coffee soda, not coffee COLA.

Ji'dai
07-19-2006, 05:38 PM
I've seen Blak at Wal-Mart here. Expensive stuff too. I love Coke but am not a coffee drinker so I'll pass on this one.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 05:40 PM
I've seen Blak at Wal-Mart here. Expensive stuff too. I love Coke but am not a coffee drinker so I'll pass on this one.

Isnt it like 7 bucks for a 4 pack?

JT, coffe soda, coffee cola, no difference. Manhattan special is good stuff. Would drink 40's of it before class.

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 10:06 PM
That coffee soda has no cola flavoring from what I can see.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 11:47 PM
I got what your saying now, your are being literal, not call a soda, cola by nature some some people.

Ji'dai
07-20-2006, 12:00 PM
Isnt it like 7 bucks for a 4 pack? WM has it for $4.78 for four 8-oz bottles. You could buy a 24-pack of 12-oz cans for about that price.

JediTricks
07-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I got what your saying now, your are being literal, not call a soda, cola by nature some some people.Correct, I mean the actual cola flavoring - cola is a flavor, not another term for carbonation, it originally came from the kola nut but is now usually artificial.

Cola flavor plus Coffee flavor sounds awful to me.

Luuuuuuke
07-23-2006, 11:16 AM
I just tried one of these yesterday. It was okay. It wasn't as bad as I thought it could be, or as good as I hoped it would. It has a certain appeal. It's a little softer going down than Coke or Pepsi sometimes can be, but my initial impression is that it also leaves a bit of an aftertaste... like coffee can and often does.

CaptainSolo1138
07-25-2006, 01:26 PM
That's been in Michigan for a while now also. At The Store (Thats what it's called. I love it. "Where you goin'?" "The Store." "Which one?!" "The Store!!") they're 2 for $1. I wonder if the idea is starting to fizzle (no pun intended) and they're trying to get rid of the carp.

I like pop and I love coffee, but I can't see myself enjoying it too much.

JEDIpartner
07-25-2006, 01:36 PM
That coffee soda has no cola flavoring from what I can see.

It doesn't. It's like a light carbonated coffee flavour. I actually liked it. I passed a bottle around to a bunch of iced coffee drinkers and they liked it as well. We all agreed, before tasting it, that it would have been either really vile or really good. Everyone who tried it that day thought it was really good. *shrug*

El Chuxter
07-25-2006, 01:42 PM
I assumed this was a thread about Pearl Jam, only misspelled. Or maybe Pete Yorn or Gilby Clarke. :p

JEDIpartner
07-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Nope... not so. :D

JediTricks
07-25-2006, 03:10 PM
It doesn't. It's like a light carbonated coffee flavour. I actually liked it. I passed a bottle around to a bunch of iced coffee drinkers and they liked it as well. We all agreed, before tasting it, that it would have been either really vile or really good. Everyone who tried it that day thought it was really good. *shrug*Yeah, that's a way better idea, apparently Ernest Borgnine makes a coffee soda that his daughter markets, creatively called "Borgnine's Coffee Soda".

Cola and coffee though, they seem like flavors that should NEVER go together.

JEDIpartner
07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Eee-god... that's so true.