PDA

View Full Version : TRU has really fallen behind compared to WM and Target...

General_Grievous
07-18-2006, 10:06 PM
There are two TRUs in my neck of the woods. One hasn't recieved any Star Wars figs past the Hoth wave, while the other doesn't have anything past the Geonosis wave, with the exception of VTSC. So all I see are pegs full of Vaders, Greedos or Poggles. Meanwhile my Targets have the Tatooine wave readily available. It just makes me sad that the once-favorite toy store was knocked from its perch.

Kidhuman
07-18-2006, 10:08 PM
They were always behind, they dont sell, because they never clearance anythiung. I am sure they have OTC stuff still on the pegs for full price too.

Darth Jax
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
and they can't compete with WM or Target in prices. WM/Target can sell toys much cheaper for little or no profit since they have plenty of other merchandise that flies off the shelves. Since TRU is dependent on toy sales for their profit they can't match the prices. Since nothing is bought, the shelves stagnate with old product.

Phantom-like Menace
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
My local Toys R Us is well ahead of Target and Wal-Mart in my area. They have more product, more diversity of product and more recent product.

BlueSnags
07-18-2006, 11:40 PM
The TRUs around here suck bad. They hardly ever get new stuff in, and when they do, it hardly ever hits the pegs. Usually gets snagged by a corrupt manager or employees that are getting their palms greased by scalpers.

Turbowars
07-19-2006, 12:17 AM
The TRUs around here suck bad. They hardly ever get new stuff in, and when they do, it hardly ever hits the pegs. Usually gets snagged by a corrupt manager or employees that are getting their palms greased by scalpers."YOU KNOW HOW IT IS":yes:

plasticfetish
07-19-2006, 01:00 AM
We've got a few TRUs around here, but I only go to one of them with any regularity. They seem to have new product every time I go in there, and their prices beat Target for the most part. My Target's have been slacking... maybe something new once in a blue moon, but not much. The Wal*Marts around here really suck. I was wandering in there about once a week to look, but I don't bother much at all now.

I think it all boils down to the particular store for all of these places.

figrin bran
07-19-2006, 01:02 AM
truth be told, my local TRU was the first place where i found VTSC figures and thus far, they're the only place where i've seen the hoth unleashed. however, they also still have pegfuls of ROTS and because these pegwarmers were previously stored in a bin, they're totally thrashed and just rotting there.

Qui-Long Gone
07-19-2006, 12:19 PM
There are two TRUs in my neck of the woods. One hasn't recieved any Star Wars figs past the Hoth wave, while the other doesn't have anything past the Geonosis wave, with the exception of VTSC. So all I see are pegs full of Vaders, Greedos or Poggles. Meanwhile my Targets have the Tatooine wave readily available. It just makes me sad that the once-favorite toy store was knocked from its perch.

Suprised? TRU here in West Texas is another way of saying, "Don't bother freaking shopping here, we don't carry toys anymore...."

Slicker
07-19-2006, 12:38 PM
They were always behind, they dont sell, because they never clearance anythiung. That's exactly it. If they'd clearance they'd get rid of old stock and make some of the money back that they spent on the stock. If they end up going under it's of there own design.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2006, 01:09 PM
At my TRU I rarely see their exclusives. I still haven't seen the Hunt for Grievous Battlepack (which I got online) or the Gunship there. I went in there recently and they only had Hoth and Geonosis figures in addition to millions of Polis Massans and Mas Ameddas.

TheDarthVader
07-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Seeing how my TRU closed down last April, this is no longer an issue for me. As far as product goes, TRU wasn't too bad, but Target and Wal Mart were definitely better.

JON9000
07-19-2006, 03:39 PM
All three do relatively well in my neck of the woods. Actually, TRU was where I was finally able to score my Biker Scouts. WM around here never even stocked them, and Target was $13. viva la TRU!

General_Grievous
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Well, I went to TRU today and they had the CW Gunship. Doesn't really benefit me, though, since I don't collect the vehicles anymore.

dindae
07-20-2006, 08:05 AM
I find TRU is a little slow for figures but for things like vehicles or 6" titanium series they are probably the best because they aren't saving their precious shelf space for other things.

jonthejedi
07-29-2006, 04:47 AM
My TRU actually beat Target & WalMart in getting the Endor wave in...go figure???!!

Mad Slanted Powers
07-30-2006, 01:06 PM
My TRU closed at the beginning of April as well. Traditionally, I've had the most luck at Target. This year started out the same, but lately I've been getting figures at Wal-Mart. Maybe Target will get more again now that they've clearanced out the VTSC. About all I saw there Saturday was holo Ki-Adi's and Dofines.

Blue2th
07-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Both TRU's in my area are holding there own. No new Saga2 figures for a while though. I did buy one of those 1/18 BBI P-51 Mustangs yesterday. I like those WWII planes. TRU used to be my hook-up for Ultimate Soldier, till Walmart got the exclusives rights. The Targets here are clogged with Lustros, Derlin and the Cantina wave. Most Walmarts are cleared of those. Kohls is putting up two huge stores here for the first time. I wonder if they will be any good for SW or other toys? I have never heard of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Kohls is putting up two huge stores here for the first time. I wonder if they will be any good for SW or other toys? I have never heard of them.Kohl's is opening here in the fall as well. I travel to Springfield, MO once a year and they have one there next to a Wal-Mart, but I hadn't been in it because I always went to the Wal-Mart on Sunday morning before Kohl's opened. This year I did go in and found some SW figures, but if I'm not mistaken they were $9.99. If that is what they are going to charge here, I think I'll only use that as a last resort.

DarthQuack
07-30-2006, 02:59 PM
The only thing of interest to me at TRU today when I stopped in was the Animated Clone Gunship, which looks pretty cool, but I passed on it. Just had Geonosian figures on the pegs.

Blue2th
07-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Kohl's is opening here in the fall as well. I travel to Springfield, MO once a year and they have one there next to a Wal-Mart, but I hadn't been in it because I always went to the Wal-Mart on Sunday morning before Kohl's opened. This year I did go in and found some SW figures, but if I'm not mistaken they were $9.99. If that is what they are going to charge here, I think I'll only use that as a last resort.
Ouch! That does'nt seem logical. Of course K-Mart has been charging more for figures for years (look at them now) One of the Kohls is going up right across the street from TRU, next to Sam's and Walmart. I smell price Wars. I really hope that none of the TRU's close here. Though they recently have been stocked pretty low, they are a store that does alot of exclusives. I'm hoping new management pulls them out of their slump......... The problem with that particular TRU (next to Kohls) is that one of the managers is a SW collector (they even told me so) so anything good or rare gets picked over. All the UGH's were never on the pegs. The Hot Wheels guys I know hate that place because of the inside HW collectors. This doesn't seem a problem that will go away soon, and it's bad for business. There should be a rule that all employees in retail don't get to buy anything till it's been on the pegs or shelves at least one day. Hire enforcers! ARE YOU LISTENING TRU, WALMART, TARGET?!!!! Yeah right that'll never happen. Too many ways to get around it.