PDA

View Full Version : Cruisemissle Trooper

Banthaholic
07-19-2006, 12:05 AM
Still one of the most odd releases of the modern line. But then again it reminds me of the vintage mini-rigs and imperial transport.

Who here has this vehicle?

El Chuxter
07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
I have it. Flaws in execution notwithstanding, I think it's an awesome design for a single-man recon fighter.

figrin bran
07-19-2006, 12:31 AM
i do not have it. nor do i want one ;)

but the vintage mini rigs and imperial transport, i would want!

jjreason
07-19-2006, 01:28 AM
I have it, it's a horrible mutation. One piece in my collection that I've honestly NEVER had out on display, lest someone make fun of me. :D

2-1B
07-19-2006, 08:57 AM
I had it because I worked for TRU in college when this POS came out...I probably bought it because I had more money than brains (and believe me, I didn't have much money :D ). I made sure to get rid of it years ago, the vile thing. lol lol lol

Slicker
07-19-2006, 11:41 AM
This is literally the only piece that I refuse to add to my collection. I've passed on it a million times and even if I happen to win the lotto and get every other SW piece I will still refuse to buy this pice of carp EU monstrosity (now that I think of it all EU is carp)

El Chuxter
07-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Out of curiosity: does anyone agree with me that, although the toy sucks, the idea and the basic design are pretty cool, and more consistent with SW than some prequel-era vehicles?

2-1B
07-19-2006, 12:22 PM
yes and no.

Rogue II
07-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Had to search for pictures of the thing before I could comment. It looks like some rejected GI Joe/M.A.S.K idea with an AT-AT driver's head in the middle. I don't recall the Empire having too many convertables. What is it supposed to be, anyway? Is it a suicide bomber? Is it some lawn dart looking thing that launches cruisemissles?

And what is the recent facination with Mini-Rigs? They were kind of cool 25 years ago. Please, Hasbro, don't listen to them. Don't bring them back! Leave 'em dead and burried.

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Out of curiosity: does anyone agree with me that, although the toy sucks, the idea and the basic design are pretty cool, and more consistent with SW than some prequel-era vehicles?I totally agree. I have this piece, the major fault is that the figure isn't removable, I like the idea of a thin-profile space vehicle, great for shortrange recon and stealth strafing.

Strangely, Hasbro recycled the idea for their Batman & Robin movie line, they had a Batman and a Robin version of this very same concept (only with all-new sculpting, of course).

Ji'dai
07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
I was never really thrilled about this vehicle but I did buy one. I think I waited until it hit clearance before I picked it up though. I know I've never opened it. I stopped being a completist before the ship was released ('97?), but still made an attempt to pick stuff up on clearance.

Banthaholic
07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Strangely, Hasbro recycled the idea for their Batman & Robin movie line, they had a Batman and a Robin version of this very same concept (only with all-new sculpting, of course).
I did not know that, another fine trivia fact.

I also would have loved a removeable figure. It would have made the vehicle so much cooler. I do have it, though it is boxed. Like this the EU cloudcar and snowspeeder add something different to the world. The thig I loved about the mini-rigs was they were meant for kids to use their imagination to extend the SW universe. To some extent these do that.

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Not only would it be nice to have a removable figure, but it'd be good if you could put OTHER figures in there, let heroes use it as a makeshift escape pod for adventures in a Star Destroyer.

stillakid
07-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I have two of them. One of my favorite toys. :) Bummer that the guy doesn't come out. When doing a figure count, I'm always waffling on whether or not to count him as a figure or not. I think I land on "not."

DarthQuack
07-20-2006, 12:04 PM
My brother has one of these somewhere in his boxes of figures, vehicles. It's ok, I just hate how it's just a head and no body with it to remove and put someone else in.

kool-aid killer
07-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Ive got one, and like everyone else im disappointed by the pilot being just a simple head and nothing more. I think thats its biggest problem, but other than that im ok with it. It helps bolster up my Imperials ship count. Having said all that, i dont think this toy should ever be released again, unless they go back and fix the pilot.

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 03:13 PM
He's not just a head, he's the whole upper torso with movable arms. It'd still be better if he weren't mounted into the damn though though. I still think they could easily have made a void there for figures to put their legs into.

LusiferSam
07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I bought this thing. It was my only impulse buy. I went to Wal-Mart looking for new figures and only saw this. I bought it knowing the figure wasn't removable and after I decided not to buy any mini rig type items. Oh well.

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-19-2006, 10:43 AM
i never knew, but then again, i hate batman beyond beleif. i kind of want one because when i was younger i wnet to a friends house and he has most of the potf stuff and it was my favorite thing to play with and he'd chase me around the yard with a x-wing. ah, good times, i need to reminsce like this more often...

Jayspawn
08-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I wanted it until I found out the trooper figure wasnt removable. I totally passed then. I'd rather have a mini-rig with NO figure in it at all.