PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow's 12" Bib Fortuna

Darth Cruel
07-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Miles away from my own preference for a choice for next figure. But at least we get it out of the way so we won't have to worry about him taking a better character's place any more.

IG65
07-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Miles away from my own preference for a choice for next figure. But at least we get it out of the way so we won't have to worry about him taking a better character's place any more.

Ah, but we are now well on our way to being able to create a complete throne room scene. I'm not overly fond of Bib, but he IS the big slug's Major Domo. It just wouldn't be right for him not to be there for Luke to easily control with his Jedi mind powers. :yes:

Darth Cruel
07-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I ordered mine at Comic-Con so I didn't need to order today, but i still wanted to get in to see the pics and can't until the pre-order is done. This may be the first exclusive edition that makes it to open sales.

Darth Cruel
07-28-2006, 01:12 PM
Well...at least the exclusive edition sizes are getting bigger.

2500 for Bib Fortuna. 2 hous and 10 minutes and still available. That is probably a good thing, though. Sideshow is upping the availability.

El Chuxter
07-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Because everyone will want a major character like Obi-Wan or Maul, or a cool, unmade Jedi like Kit. But how many people really want to pay $60+ (after shipping) for Bib Fortuna, especially given that Hasbro released him once or twice?

Darth Cruel
12-12-2006, 05:41 PM
I just got an email for Bib to be in the warehouse in 10-15 days. I am glad to get Bib...ANY Star Wars character is great. But I have to admit to being a lot less enthusiastic as I just recieved my favorite character in Darth Maul and Bib Fortuna is one of my least favorite characters.

JediTricks
12-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Which is why I didn't preorder Bib. :p Actually, I just can't afford everything from this line, and while Bib is an interesting cat, I already have a decent 12" figure of him from the Hasbro line and couldn't find it in my heart to justify the $60.

Bosskman
12-13-2006, 04:40 AM
I got my e-mail as well. I'm pretty excited about Bib. The Jabba's Palace stuff was always one of my favorite parts of the OT as a kid.

Darth Cruel
12-22-2006, 02:21 PM
I just received my email notification from Sideshow that Bib is processing. It should only be a few more days before I get the figure, now.

Darth Cruel
12-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Bib arrived today. And it is awesome despite my lack of enthusiasm for the figure. Pics to follow!

Blue2th
12-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Got a notice that something shipped today from the shipping co. The notice for Salacious Crum and Denizens came at the same time Bib did a couple of days ago. I suspect it is Bib that has shipped. I almost cancelled him but remembered I never got the FAO 2-pack, so I'm ok with that decision. Never could win one of those things on eBay when they were hot. I don't think it's a good idea for SS to ship these right after the Holiday season, as alot of us are kinda strapped for cash and could easily cancel our orders.

AmanaMatt
12-31-2006, 12:27 AM
My Bib will arrive next week...after the Holidays, of course. From the pics posted elsewhere, he looks very nice. The exclusive staff was a very nice nod to the Kenner days!

Darth Cruel
12-31-2006, 09:55 AM
This will be quite a back-pedal from my last post. After putting a little more time into checking out this figure, I am quite unimpressed. Now, this may stem from my complete lack of interest in this character, but I find it to be mediocre at best. The Sideshow detail is as good as any figure, but the overall product lacks any pizzazz for me. Limited accessories, the lekus restrict the movement of the head. The costume, while being fairly nicely-enough made, is difficult to adjust due also to the lekus and the two plates that make up the chest "bib" (pun intended) are held together with a swatch of the turqoise material sloppily glued on to the backside of them. Now, this is a part that is usually unseen, but it brings to my mind the type of fakery used on movie sets like old-west towns that have all of the store fronts built...but there is really no building behind them to actuall walk in to.

It is a much better Bib Fortuna than the Hasbro one to be sure. But this is a $35.00 figure...absolutely NOT a $70.00 one (after shipping). I am actually of the mind that at the price, Hasbro's is a better deal.

In fact...I believe this one will be on eBay for 20.00 in a month. I will be considering returning all 3 of the ones I over-paid for and get them on eBay for a reasonable price when everyone who is scalping them realizes they won't sell and has to offer them for a song.

Blue2th
12-31-2006, 10:06 AM
"Unawunga Skywalker Jedi" I do believe you can still get the Exclusive version at Sideshow. Shows how much popularity this character has. They might start to thin once Jabba comes out. I think Bib is necessary for a good scene. Though I wish we could have gotten a Slave Leia instead of a Boush. Then again, of the ones who bought all of these, who has the room for a display?:ninja:

maatu
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
i have basically said i don't give a hoot about sideshow anymore. yes i am going to get jabba the hutt.But i am going to be more selective about what i buy 2007.

Blue2th
01-07-2007, 09:32 AM
I received my Bib yesterday. I opened him up thinking that the new packing since Maul is gonna keep my figure's box all minty. Well, It didn't matter. They sent me one that the box was crushed on one side in the plastc sleeve. So it would of had to have been damaged before they sent it out. This is irritating. Now I'm gonna have to take pictures again, e-mail them, have the customer service deliberate over whether it's damaged enough. I did this with Obi-Wan and got a new box so I'm used to this process. Still..:upset: I'm beginning to wonder if this line is all worth it for the money. I have to make it to Jabba and Plo Koon though. After that? I'll give SS some credit for trying? with the new shipping packaging I guess.

masterjedi
01-08-2007, 08:26 PM
Thumbs up for all Sideshow figures. I like my Hasbro 12" Bib Fortuna pretty well. Thus, opted out on the Sideshow this time. Did get Jabba!

nash
01-09-2007, 07:40 PM
bib is the first figure that I have passed on. Just no interest in the character.