PDA

View Full Version : Leia as Boushh

Darth Cruel
07-19-2006, 09:01 PM
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Come on August 4th!

AmanaMatt
07-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Just shorten her legs and she is a work of beauty....so, did Sideshow create a workable helmet or are they doing the swap method?

Edit: Rebelscum posted pics and you can clearly see she will have a removable head then place the helmet on the neck - looks cool to me...!

Tycho
07-20-2006, 12:26 PM
I've seen her in person. I'm debating whether my Hasbro Leia Boussh will suffice for this scene. SideShow did an awesome job though. Hmmmm.

Darth Cruel
07-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I've seen her in person. I'm debating whether my Hasbro Leia Boussh will suffice for this scene. SideShow did an awesome job though. Hmmmm.

You didn't happen to get eyes on a thermal detonator that the cameras might have missed, did you?

2-1B
07-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Would the detonator be the exclusive part? That wouldn't be cool, I mean that's a pretty iconic part of the character's getup...

Tycho
07-20-2006, 04:00 PM
I did not see a thermal detonator. :cry:

Reefer Shark
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
I didn't see a detonater either. The detail on this thing blows Hasbro's away, it's so great!

Warstar
07-21-2006, 06:14 PM
Click and look carefully:

Boushh's Detonator :) (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/mas_assets/jpg/2146_press09-001.jpg)

I wish they'd show a ruler or something next to Jabba- just to get some sort of reference for scale :p

JediTricks
07-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Bib is standing on the dais as well, Bib is likely a standard 12" body, so Jabba is probably 11" tall (which would be accurate, he only looks taller in the movie because of the dais).

Tycho
07-21-2006, 11:19 PM
That display piece is so sweet. I still can't get over it!

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Bib is standing on the dais as well, Bib is likely a standard 12" body, so Jabba is probably 11" tall (which would be accurate, he only looks taller in the movie because of the dais).

I used one of the pics of Luke standing directly in front of the dais to get a good estimate of the dimensions...

Jabba the Hutt: 11.5 inches tall (per SSC's order page)
Dais: approx. 4 inches tall (judging by comparing Luke to it in the pic)

So, Jabba will sit roughly 15.5 inches tall with the throne being 26 inches long (just over 2 feet) and 10 inches deep.

We're talking massive on a Premium Format scale!!

Hellboy
07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I thought this figure might be an Inclusive release considering Boushh's popularity but according to Sideshow's Newsletter it will be an Exclusive just like Bib Fortuna. Looks like its going to be a return to the madness. :crazed:

Tycho
07-27-2006, 11:47 PM
Yes, but dealers with an account get the SideShow stuff cheaper than direct consumers, and then turn it around and still make a profit. At Comic Con, Rick from NewForceComics said I could save $75 off the whole deal with Jabba The Hutt by ordering through him. The thing is, he can't garauntee that I'll be able to receive the special pieces like the whole throne environment because he might be limited on how much he can order. I've decided to chance over-paying SideShow by $75 to make sure I get what I want. My order they took at Comic Con will stand.

Those of you who are still going to order this, support the site and Steve by clicking on the links here on this page when you go over to their site to order. I'm not setting a very good example of putting my money where my mouth is, I know - but not 5 minutes after I walked into Comic Con on preview night, I was ordering this thing! And 10 minutes after the doors opened I was $350 into shock. :crazed: But I don't really regret it one bit. I can't wait to get this piece. It has finally dulled my anticipation of Obi-Wan Kenobi, who up until this point, was my most-looked-forward-to.

Darth Cruel
07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
I am going to watch this pre-order with great interest. I want to see if the pre-orders done at Comic-Con will impact how fast they sell out. If I understand correctly...the edition size for the on-line pre-order is not supposed to be impacted by what was pre-ordered at CC. I am glad I got Bib and Leia there. So I can take a little break from the pre-order chaos.

SirSteve
07-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Take a look at the preview picture (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1813&source=072706news&affiliate=1).

Darth Cruel
07-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah...this figure sucks, huh? <------good-natured sarcasm.

What I would like to know is whether she is going to be in the Heroes of the Rebellion or Scum and Villainy line.

JediTricks
07-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Well, that's that, I'm preordering Leia Boushh next week.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 05:18 PM
What I would like to know is whether she is going to be in the Heroes of the Rebellion or Scum and Villainy line.

Sideshow confirmed at SDCC that Leia Boushh is from "Heroes of the Rebellion"

Hellboy
07-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Well, that's that, I'm preordering Leia Boushh next week.

Yeah she looks sweet. I didn't think you'd be able to hold out on this one JT like you have on some of the others. :)

Blue2th
07-28-2006, 10:52 PM
Just shorten her legs and she is a work of beauty....so, did Sideshow create a workable helmet or are they doing the swap method?

Edit: Rebelscum posted pics and you can clearly see she will have a removable head then place the helmet on the neck - looks cool to me...!
So they didn't work out the removable helmet thing. That's too bad. Oh well.

Tycho
07-29-2006, 02:40 AM
That's cool, because if they make Darth Vader, he can have a removeable head and you can do the Dagobah Vader scene with it.

Furthermore, the SSE could have a broken face mask revealing Luke's face in the helmet! That'd be so cool! I might just have to buy that Vader....nah.

I love the Hasbro 14" and have 4 of those. I think I'll just stick with that.

But I like my idea nevertheless.

Blue2th
07-29-2006, 10:41 AM
You would think that SS figures would be superior in every way to the Hasbro figures. Including removable helmets. Of course that is a play-value thing and these figures are not for kids, well maybe rich kids. I suppose if I wanted a removable helmet for Leia Boush, I could take the Hasbro one and see if it fits. At least she can hold her helmet (or her head) under her arm. It's a small thing and it doesn't change my mind about buying this figure.

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah she looks sweet. I didn't think you'd be able to hold out on this one JT like you have on some of the others. :)If I had opened my 12" SDCC Anakin as Vader figure yesterday, I probably would have thought twice on that statement - that fig bothers the hell out of me, I am starting to question collecting the line at all at this point.

Still, Leia there looks pretty good, looks like they nailed the outfit, the helmet, and the likeness, action Leia is always pretty cool to me so I won't hesitate to preorder her, but I may cancel my preorder for ESB Han.

This thing about the removable helmets is kinda weird, we don't want oversized helmets but by scaling the helmets down properly, they don't really fit on the figure heads anymore because of how tight the fit would have to be. Hasbro's answer has always been to oversize the helmet (until the 3 3/4" Cody figure), as they did with 12" Leia Boushh.

Darth Cruel
08-02-2006, 07:37 AM
If I had opened my 12" SDCC Anakin as Vader figure yesterday, I probably would have thought twice on that statement - that fig bothers the hell out of me, I am starting to question collecting the line at all at this point.

What didn't you like about CC Exclusive AniVader? I have yet to open him.

JediTricks
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=487903#post487903

SirSteve
08-04-2006, 12:06 PM
Priority Pre-orders OPEN:

SideshowCollectibles.com
(http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1813&affiliate=1)

Blue2th
08-04-2006, 12:22 PM
That took a little longer than usual. About 16 minutes. Got a software error message, pressed bach button and finally got in.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 12:23 PM
18 minutes in and the site finally loaded.... slllloooooowwwwwlllllyyyy.

I can't wait to get a chance to ORDER!!! Geez, they really need to do something about this, it always happens.

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 12:25 PM
10:20am, ordered. Damn, she's $10 more than Luke, $59.99, this is getting crazy.

EDIT: Whoops! They spelled Carrie Fisher's name as "Carrie Fischer".

AoDfan
08-04-2006, 12:43 PM
I pre-ordered mine.

Darth Cruel
08-04-2006, 12:56 PM
45 minutes to get in and order. Man! I wouldn't have missed out because I ordered mine at CC, but I was ordering for someone who was not available. I bet she wouldn't have believed me if I hadn't gotten in. This is nerve-wracking...but if you are successful with the order...it makes it fun to me. It also makes the figure mean just that little bit more to me as well.

On the other hand, I know another guy who didn't even get on-line until 10:20 and he was done in 5 minutes.

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 02:03 PM
When I checked again at 11:50am, exclusive Leia was sold out. Anybody have an earlier time on that? Crazy, poor Bib takes all day to sell through and Leia doesn't even make it to noon.

Darth Cruel
08-04-2006, 02:13 PM
And the SSEE was 2500 on Leia and Bib both. Think about this. At taking a day to sell out 2500 pieces...Bib has been the peg-warmer of the SSEE's. I wonder if the edition size includes those pre-ordered at the Con.

El Chuxter
08-04-2006, 02:19 PM
It'd be nice if they'd stagger these a bit more. There's no way I can afford several of these dropping at once.

maatu
08-04-2006, 02:58 PM
i didn't get the exclusive. getting the regular. had to work today.to many fridays off. wow,i work my days off around sideshows exclusives.

Blue2th
08-04-2006, 05:46 PM
And the SSEE was 2500 on Leia and Bib both. Think about this. At taking a day to sell out 2500 pieces...Bib has been the peg-warmer of the SSEE's. I wonder if the edition size includes those pre-ordered at the Con.
What's the total production run on these two figures?

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 05:51 PM
SSC hasn't released the regular edition numbers yet, still listed as "TBD" (To Be Determined)

AmanaMatt
08-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Leia looks fantastic; The $60 is no suprise to me given they have both the helmet and head that will go on a neck stump, so double the effort there, so the price seems justified to me - not every piece will be $60, but I would rather it be ten bucks more than crappy!

Sith Lord 0498
08-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Leia looks fantastic; The $60 is no suprise to me given they have both the helmet and head that will go on a neck stump, so double the effort there, so the price seems justified to me - not every piece will be $60, but I would rather it be ten bucks more than crappy!

Actually, $60 seems more than reasonable given the two heads and the amount of detail in both. I was afraid removable heads would send the price upward of $70-75.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being the pricepoint for the Fetts, Vader, and some other characters with elaborate armor.

Even then, though, it's not a bad price.

dr_evazan22
08-05-2006, 10:40 AM
It would be cool if they could make a 'finished' looking stump for a neck on some figs, like Jango. That way we could have the Mace post-lightsaber swing, Jango body collapsing, with Jango's head "rolling" away.

Hopefully whe they get to the Stormies we can see a not too high price as tehy'll be able to some of the same armor for multiple fig's.

As for Boushh, I have a regular on order, and a Excl on Wait list.

Sith Lord 0498
08-05-2006, 09:15 PM
It would be cool if they could make a 'finished' looking stump for a neck on some figs, like Jango. That way we could have the Mace post-lightsaber swing, Jango body collapsing, with Jango's head "rolling" away.

Hopefully whe they get to the Stormies we can see a not too high price as tehy'll be able to some of the same armor for multiple fig's.

As for Boushh, I have a regular on order, and a Excl on Wait list.

Yeah, that would be a cool feature. It's entirely possibly. After all, one of Mace's interchangeable "hands" is the cauterized stump.

I think the Stormtroopers and basic Clonetroopers will be cheaper. Keep in mind, Leia Boushh likely had these elements absorbed into the cost: R&D on the final way to do the helmeted figure, the cost of two head sculpts, the intricacy of that particular helmet.

Darth Cruel
02-24-2007, 02:39 PM
My order foir Leia has been changed to "Shipping Soon". But the newsletter still does not have her as "coming in the next 30 days".

JediTricks
02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
I just checked, the status on mine is unchanged.

evenflow
03-09-2007, 11:30 AM
No change in my status.

Jaff
03-10-2007, 01:59 AM
My order hasn't changed either. I would bet they would wait a few more weeks since they many of us shelled out $300 for Jabba. If they break our wallets it will disuade many to keep buying their stuff.

jedibear
03-18-2007, 12:10 PM
I was wondering if there was some kind of production delay with Leia/Boussh...
...I'm hoping she shows soon.

Looking forward to displaying her with Jabba!

Darth Cruel
04-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Terrible news! Sideshow's newsletter for today has announced that the shipping date for Leia as Boushh has been moved back to 3rd quarter. Gonna be a long wait.

JediTricks
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah, I saw that, it's totally bogus! I wonder what the holdup is.

AoDfan
06-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Weeeeeeee its finally coming out.