PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow's 12" Jabba the Hutt

Darth Cruel
07-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I can hardly believe it! We are finally getting a 12" scale Jabba et al! June 21st...of next year? Now that is an advance preview.

jjreason
07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm in absolute shock. What an AMAZING idea - what AMAZING execution. Great job, Sideshow. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
No, July 21st of this year, 2 days from now. :eek: They made a typo, it's corrected now.

I wonder what it'll be made of, the way it's sculpted in that photo I don't think it could move even 1 arm, so I'm guessing it's a flexible outer material.

Hellboy
07-19-2006, 09:27 PM
I can't believe it. This is a great way to start off the line. :yes:

Here is the Preview pic (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1710) if you haven't seen it showing all five pieces to Jabba's Palace.

Kidhuman
07-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Damn, I dont have the money for it. I wish it was next year.

AmanaMatt
07-19-2006, 11:33 PM
1:6 scale Jabba with Dias is out of control cool! I will own it all - lord knows where I will put it, but I'll figure it out. Hell, I'll put him out on my patio and scare away the pesky birds!

I am very happy Sideshow has the 12" license - just awsome!

plasticfetish
07-20-2006, 12:31 AM
All of it looks brilliant, but WHAT is with the short notice? (...and no hint of the price.)

I wonder what it'll be made of, the way it's sculpted in that photo I don't think it could move even 1 arm, so I'm guessing it's a flexible outer material.If you dig around the Sideshow site you can find a 3-D view of the figure, and from looking at that I'd say it's going to be one big rotocast vinyl figure, with two articulated arms.

Bosskman
07-20-2006, 04:15 AM
Abosolutely Awesome. Words can't express the complete and utter coolness of the Jabba stuff. I'm more stoked now about collecting I almost want to cry. Between this and the newly announced Neca MOTU stuff I'm gonna explode.

Slicker
07-20-2006, 05:23 AM
Yeah, that short notice seems kinda shady and then to only have it going for 5 days?!

Tycho
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Well I saw Jabba in person and he is amazing!

It made me rethink having not ordered the 12" Luke Skywalker as I'd always hoped for Jabba, but planned to use my Hasbro 12" with him:

Leia Boussh from Hasbro
Luke Jedi from Hasbro
12" Chewie in Chains (ha!)
Lando in Skiff Disguise
Han Carbonite Block
Gamorrean Guard
Hasbro Bib Fortuna
12" Electronic Boba Fett

Actually, most of them still won't look half bad. Leia Boussh from SideShow is really tempting. I'll probably skip that.

But Jabba set me back:

$119 for Jabba
$199 for his throne
$32 for all the little creatures like Salacious:
------------
$350 for the whole thing, plus tax, plus shipping

- and spent in the first 5 minutes I walked into Comic Con! I'm hopeless!

2-1B
07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Deja vu...:D

Don't worry, Tycho - you have jjreason's support in having spent that money. The whole thing is absolutely flabbergasting, he honestly still can't believe they actually made a 12" scaled Jabba.

The 1:1 Yoda head is no slouch either - he just saw pics of that thing that nearly floored him.

:D :D :D

Slicker
07-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Deja vu...:D

Don't worry, Tycho - you have jjreason's support in having spent that money. The whole thing is absolutely flabbergasting, he honestly still can't believe they actually made a 12" scaled Jabba.

The 1:1 Yoda head is no slouch either - he just saw pics of that thing that nearly floored him.

:D :D :DOMFG!! Caesar you my friend have made me cry.lol

jjreason
07-20-2006, 03:39 PM
That IS funny - but where the heck was that posted the first time? I can't find it now. :confused:

Slicker
07-20-2006, 04:08 PM
That IS funny - but where the heck was that posted the first time? I can't find it now. :confused:Here ya go (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32128)

maatu
07-20-2006, 04:13 PM
that piece is alsome. i felt like a kid on christmas. that thing is wonderful. all i know is it won't be shipped out until sometime next year. so 2007 sometime is when this figure will be in hand. i have no idea where in the hell i am going to put it though.

Exhaust Port
07-20-2006, 04:55 PM
$350! Wow, that's a lot. Even though it's costs so much it is an amazing sculpt and overall package and I'm sure worth nearly every penny. I had always hoped for a better product for the 12" collectors and now we have it. Unfortunately we've seen an explosion in the cost per figure which has knocked me out of the collecting hobby. Too bad.

jjreason
07-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Here ya go (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=32128)

Hmmmm... it's almost like Bizarro Snigtad Flornbi showed up here for an afternoon.....

Hellboy
07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm curious as to why Jabba and the Salacious Creature pack are listed as Inclusive Editions but the Throne Environment is only listed as a Domestic Exclusive. :confused:

I sure hope this doesn't mean there will be a limited run on the throne or those of us who work tomorrow could miss out if you don't have access to a PC. :frus: If this is the case it would be a pretty lame move on Sideshows part considering these items are going up for pre-order only 2 days after being announced.

Reefer Shark
07-20-2006, 11:05 PM
I just got back from seeing it in person as well, and oh my god!! I swear I almost crapped myself when Sideshows booth revealed the new 12"ers. They all look absolutely amazing in person, and I was really blown away by Maul in person as well.

Their premium format stuff looked awesome too, especially Boba!

I know there's a million pics of Jabba out there already, but here's a quick shot I did of him:

Darth Cruel
07-21-2006, 12:40 PM
I just ordered it from the website and at $411.74, it was well under the 500.00 I anticipated when I didn't really think they would ever really come out with it. I have fooled myself into feeling like I got a great deal!

JediTricks
07-21-2006, 02:29 PM
All of it looks brilliant, but WHAT is with the short notice? (...and no hint of the price.)I posted prices in the other thread, and in the news post just now for preorder. Jabba is a whopping $119.99.

The short notice is insane, I do not understand why they are cramming these decisions at us so fast, I predict that along with the high prices it's gonna seriously hamper interest, but I hope they get good sales.

If you dig around the Sideshow site you can find a 3-D view of the figure, and from looking at that I'd say it's going to be one big rotocast vinyl figure, with two articulated arms.You called it, vinyl with 2 ball-jointed arms. That, IMO, is not really that great for $120.

Hellboy
07-21-2006, 07:23 PM
I just ordered it from the website and at $411.74, it was well under the 500.00 I anticipated when I didn't really think they would ever really come out with it. I have fooled myself into feeling like I got a great deal!

I ordered mine too, cost me $373.40 after S&H. The price for this setup seems a bit high to me though especially the $200 environment. For that much $$$ it better turn out nice.

BTW nice pic Reefer. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Looks f'n sweet!

I'm actually gonna pass because of the size, and because I already have Illusive Concepts Jabba the Hutt Maquette which is the same size AND detail.

dr_evazan22
07-22-2006, 08:56 AM
I just got that Illusive Jabba recently. And lucky bastard, it was given to me. I might have to part with it to help make room. Also might have to crate up some of Hasbro's stuff.

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 01:46 PM
I ordered mine too, cost me $373.40 after S&H. The price for this setup seems a bit high to me though especially the $200 environment. For that much $$$ it better turn out nice.

BTW nice pic Reefer. :thumbsup:

$200 is pricey for just the environment, but the Flexpay option makes it more digestable. Also, it's been confirmed that the throne is built from polystone and fiberglass with a weight of 20 pounds. So this isn't some cheap hunk of plastic.

For those who commented that the extremely limited poseability makes this figure not worth it, consider that this is essentially a Premium Format figure in the 1:6 scale line. Most PFs of this size are around $350-400, so the price is relatively dead-on.

Still, it is understandable that the lack of poseability would reduce interest in this piece.

Slicker
07-22-2006, 02:33 PM
I was on the site today and was very seriously thinking about ordering the entire Jabba set (Jabba, dais, and creatures) along with Leia. The money to do that isn't at hand right now but I'm sure it would be come shipping time but $500 is alot of scratch no matter how you look at it. I still may get 'em but I'll have to think long and hard about it.

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Don't think too long, they've given you all of 4 more days to make up your mind. Charming, right?

Tycho
07-22-2006, 02:49 PM
I made the decision to buy it in 5 minutes. It's the only thing I've spent on at Comic Con - and I did it in the first 5 minutes I entered the show :rolleyes:

I don't regret it at all. Meanwhile, I just will make sure that I will always have $400 at the minimal available on my check card.

Where I'm going to put the darn thing is another story entirely.

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 03:15 PM
Tycho, are you doing flexpay for the throne? Did you preorder Bib & Boushh as well? Were they even taking preorders for those 2? I heard they were but cannot confirm.

Anyway, if you didn't do flexpay, then you won't have to worry about leaving that $400 there until January (the throne's final flexpay is February so maybe not even until then).

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Don't think too long, they've given you all of 4 more days to make up your mind. Charming, right?

4 more days to order it and then 6+ months to change your mind and cancel it WITHOUT PENALTY OR CHARGE (unless you use Flexpay on the throne...then it's $20).

"Charming" would be the fact that they actually made these pieces and let us know months in advance that they're coming.

Even more charming is that you can choose to cancel without any fees (again unless you use Flexpay) and you have all that time to save up the money if you do plan to keep it.

Personally, I found it helpful to have it on pre-order this early because now I know how much I'll need and roughly when.

Slicker
07-22-2006, 03:34 PM
4 more days to order it and then 6+ months to change your mind and cancel it WITHOUT PENALTY OR CHARGE (unless you use Flexpay on the throne...then it's $20).
Thanks alot SL you jerk!! Because of this line you MADE me go and order the entire set.:mad::mad:

;)

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm just miffed because they expect us to decide on a $400 purchase with all of 10 seconds' notice.

Slicker
07-22-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm just miffed because they expect us to decide on a $400 purchase with all of 10 seconds' notice.Yeah, that really makes no sense. They gave how many MONTHS notice for all of the normally priced figures yet you get a weeks notice for a $400 set. It's shady but I guess you can do like I did with it and order now and see how things go with the money.

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 04:28 PM
That's another thing, even a week's notice would be better than a single day's notice for 3 items that will cost $350 plus tax & shipping, unless you're confident of your finances or rabidly desparate for these pieces I don't see how that little amount of advance warning can get you ready for such a big commitment.

Tycho
07-22-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm not doing FlexPay - I can buy the whole package outright. My bigger problem is finding a place to put it.

I did not inquire about ordering Bib Fortuna or Leia Boussh. My intentions are to use the Hasbro figures with the Jabba set as follows:

HASBRO:

Leia Boussh (holding helmet to her side)
Luke Jedi with cloak from FAO set
Chewie in Chains
Han Carbonite Block
Lando Skiff Guard (totally disguised)
Boba Fett - KB Electronic
Gamorrean Guard
Bib Fortuna -FAO set

While Jabba is extremely high quality, he is different enough from 12" figures that it won't make a difference to distinguish Hasbro's figures from SideShow's unless SideShow starts to really fill out this scene with 12" such as:

Oola
Ree-Yees
Tessek
Woof
a better Chewbacca
Amanaman
Ephant Mon
an Ishi Tibb

And again, since these aren't human figures with faces to compare them to the Hasbro figures with (aside from Oola), it may not make a difference. I'm not a SideShow COLLECTOR, I just want to complete 12" dioramas, not buy everything over again.

I made two exceptions already though: Anakin (no way was I going to put Hasbro's version next to SideShow's ROTS Obi-Wan!) Han Bespin - he's so good (especially in person) that I'm creating a new scene just to use him, the Exclusive KB Chewbacca, MP take-apart C-3PO, and Hasbro Lando. Eventually Lando might get replaced. I hope to add a SideShow Bespin Gown Leia to this mix.

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Ah, ok. Yeah, then don't worry about the $400 on the card until Jan '07, I say.

Blue2th
07-22-2006, 08:35 PM
I was really impressed with the Sideshow displays. Up close and personal, you get to see the details WOW! I will buying the whole Jabba thing. I thought it would've been better if they used glass eyes on Jabba instead of painted, but it's a small thing. Think I will do the flex-pay this time, as looking at all those figures that haven't even arrived yet, I'm gonna get hit! Now if I could just buy one or two of those glass display units too.

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks alot SL you jerk!! Because of this line you MADE me go and order the entire set.:mad::mad:

;)

Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, that really makes no sense. They gave how many MONTHS notice for all of the normally priced figures yet you get a weeks notice for a $400 set. It's shady but I guess you can do like I did with it and order now and see how things go with the money.

Actually, what you said makes no sense. Months notice for regular priced figures but week's notice for $400 set??? Jabba isn't being shipped out in a few weeks. He's at least six months down the road. That's no different than pre-ordering Anakin in December and then paying for it when it shipped in May.

The only difference with Jabba is that you weren't given a few weeks notice before the pre-order. However, that's only necessary when it's a Priority Pre-Order and could sell out quickly. This is an Inclusive Edition, so there's a several day window to freely order from and not have to worry about a record sell-out.

Otherwise, nothing's different here.

Darth Instigator
07-23-2006, 02:52 PM
nice but too much with the new statues coming out, too much to choose from and not enough money

2-1B
07-23-2006, 02:58 PM
It's a neat set but out of my price range...it is cool to see so many people excited about it, though. :)

I think Bib Fortuna looks odd but the Jabba set is fantastic.

Blue2th
07-23-2006, 03:04 PM
nice but too much with the new statues coming out, too much to choose from and not enough money
I agree. I have decided to thin out my collection of 12' GI Joes which are no longer made so some of them have gotten pricey. Also some of my 12' Star Wars except for the vehicles, beasts, and some that will probably never be made by SS. Most of these are almost worthless. Sideshow is the next and best product to collect for me. I'm not going to miss out on this stuff, and regret it later.

Darth Instigator
07-23-2006, 03:08 PM
i like the high quality statues but i dont have much room for anything and I dont want to just get into having just to hav e it, I enjoy my Darth Maul statues and 12' ers, now I am liking the titanium stuff. I wish I could justify buying that Boba Fett for $350 but I can't. Anyhow the Jabba looks awesome.

maatu
07-29-2006, 08:46 PM
i don't get excited this much about collectors items. but this creature rocks. i didn't get the exclusive . i just got the regular edition. I am going to get the exclusive through my local sideshow dealer. the saturday it posted on the website. i asked him to order me the package deal version. to bad the throne room is not more widely available.

maatu
07-29-2006, 08:48 PM
i also decide to minimize my collecting habits this year and put $25 dollars away every pay check to pay for this piece. i know i will add more loot to the savings bowl.

Tycho
07-30-2006, 01:44 AM
maatu, either I didn't understand your posts, or you bought 2 Jabbas?

$25 a paycheck won't pay for both of him when he ships in February or March. Maybe if you're collecting $50 a month or so you could have 2 of them paid off my next September (the first in February). But it does sound like a good plan if that's what you really want. 1 Jabba will do for me though, thank you.

2-1B
07-30-2006, 02:01 AM
Tycho, if he gets paid every week then that's $100 per month, sometimes $125.

Tycho
07-30-2006, 02:30 AM
Sure genius. I could do math too. But where does it say how often he gets paid? It's most common for people to be paid every-other-week, though that varies with different jobs.

Anyway, what if he's paid twice a week? But between now and March some months will have more weeks than others. And is 2007 a leap year? Did you think of that Ace?

2-1B
07-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Sure genius. I could do math too.

Yeah, seems like you DID do the math and already decided that the gentleman couldn't afford the piece(s) within the designated timeframe so you seemed to have it all figured out. :thumbsup:

But where does it say how often he gets paid?

Nowhere, other than in your post where you told the guy he won't have enough money. :rolleyes:

Anyway, what if he's paid twice a week? But between now and March some months will have more weeks than others. And is 2007 a leap year? Did you think of that Ace?

Uhhhhh, no I didn't think of that yet, as I'm still trying to think about why the **** I'm even replying to your post. :stupid:

And, uh, no 2007 isn't a leap year....

Sith Lord 0498
07-30-2006, 08:31 AM
maatu, either I didn't understand your posts, or you bought 2 Jabbas?

$25 a paycheck won't pay for both of him when he ships in February or March. Maybe if you're collecting $50 a month or so you could have 2 of them paid off my next September (the first in February). But it does sound like a good plan if that's what you really want. 1 Jabba will do for me though, thank you.

He'd have $250 by the end of the year.

Granted, that won't pay for the entire Jabba environment, but it'll pay for the majority of it. Plus, there's no guarantee that "1st Quarter 2007" will translate into "January 2007" because there will almost certainly be a delay. None of the SW figures so far have hit their projected release dates. With something so elaborate as the Jabba package, I'll be surprised if it makes 1st Quarter at all.

maatu
07-30-2006, 08:48 AM
to go into more detail here. i already planned ahead on this a little. yeah only saving $25 bucks a week. will not come close to paying for this sucker. But i have already set aside money from my ebay sales to come up with the other portion of the money. well actually i had a friend sell the stuff. because he has a digital camera and i don't .he also is more established on ebay. my post was confusing on the money part. i could of saved enough knowing sideshow is never on time with there shipments.now thinking,if sideshow plans to get all the 12 inch figures they want out to us by the end of the year. they better start cracking the whip in the warehouse.
also yes to make the post sound more sensible. i am getting 2. that's why i mentioned sideshow should of made the throne more available then just one per customer. i am getting the exclusive version thru a dealer in my area. but i won't have to pay for it all at one time. he is really flexible. That's why i am cutting back on so much this year and next year collecting wise . i will pass on almost all the hasbro stuff. so thank you for correcting and defending me on my post..
did anyone see the kaching brands 12 inch figures?

maatu
07-30-2006, 08:53 AM
i am kind of a weird collector. i have always gotten 2 of everything that i collect. well almost,i only have one vader statue that is enough for me there. it's the one to open and one to keep sealed policy. that's why i don't have gigantic collection of stuff. i wish i did though.

Tycho
07-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I hope if you consider others defending you, that you don't consider my post as "attacking you." I simply didn't know for sure if you wanted two Jabbas. Since I saw him in person and he's huge, my next question would be "why? Why do you want 2 of them?" (finding the space to display 1 of them is troubling enough to me, but I ordered it, too. It's an impressive piece!)

Anyway, I hope your plan with your local comics dealer works out. The situation sounds risky and a little too unpredictable for me. The throne environment is a must-have for the whole thing to work and it would be hard for me to chance not getting it - hence why I won't dare change my order to NewForceComics even though Rick said I could save $75 by going with him.

Meanwhile, Kaching Brands made the Indianna Jones figure, didn't they? I think I saw their display at Comic Con and was totally impressed. They also did a Han Solo in Stormtrooper outfit if I'm not mistaken. I don't know much about their Lucas licensing agreement, but they'd seem to be stepping on SideShow's toes. What's the deal if anyone knows?

As to SideShow's shipping schedule, I just got my SS newsletter in my e-mail and while I already have my Kit Fisto, there's NO WORD that Obi-Wan will ship in the next 30 days! Grrrrr. I wanted my Obi-Wans more than any other SideShow figures. I ordered 2 of those, but I can explain: 1) to fight Hasbro's Grievous, 1) to fight SideShow's Anakin. Remember that I am a genius and I think ahead about such things.:yes:

Tycho
07-30-2006, 09:07 AM
i am kind of a weird collector. i have always gotten 2 of everything that i collect. well almost,i only have one vader statue that is enough for me there. it's the one to open and one to keep sealed policy. that's why i don't have gigantic collection of stuff. i wish i did though.

Ah - I just saw this post. It answered my question. Thanks.

I am just the opposite: I only purchase what I plan to open and therefore do not consider myself to be a True-Collector. Perhaps I should turn to Tycho's True-False Dictionary and decide that I am an "ASSEMBLER" as I recreate Star Wars scene ASSEMBLIES. To do this, I am a True-American and value my First Ammendment Right to assemble.

maatu
07-30-2006, 12:21 PM
exactly, i saw your message about playsets and the sail barge. did anyone see the fourhorsemens prototypes on there web page. they have zuckuss and hammerhead and yakface. wonder if they were trying to get the 12 inch license.
also kaching brands has some really nice 12 inch figures. indiana jones. that looks better then the toy mccoy . sculpt looks dead on harrison ford. i mean medicom is doing star wars 12 inch, why can't another company cheat and make a storm trooper han solo,if sideshow does not. medicom is doing boba fett.It's interesting. i wonder what keeping somebody from making better star wars figures then hasbro. making prototypes and dropping them on georges doorstep. then a couple months later. bam, mr lucas decides to have hasbro share the license with a company that's going to do the figures for the fans. taking there suggestion in account. i mean hasbro does and doesn't listen.

Blue2th
07-30-2006, 12:50 PM
I thought about the 2 of every 12" Sideshow, till I found out about the opener friendly packaging. SS is really helping us MIMB and loose collectors at the same time.

Jargo
07-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Wish Hasbro would do a Worrt figure. And the Throne Dias for that deluxe jabba they put out.

in fact i wish sideshow would release these pieces at a 3 3/4 inch scale coz they're so much better than hasbro would ever do.

2-1B
07-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Jargo, I always found it funny that they displayed the cardboard Jabba's Palace setup with the ANH CraptasticCGIJabba Beast from 1997. lol

Not sure that it really relates here but I felt like recalling that. :crazed:

(Tycho, would the '97 SE CGI Jabba be a False-Jabba? ;) )

Tycho
07-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Good Caesar! You have seen through Hasbro's errors. For the DVDs, Jabba The Hutt in the SE of A New Hope was indeed redone with better CGI than he had first appeared in the VHS / movie theater releases. Since Hasbro based the toy off the initial appearance and not the final one, he has therefore become a False-Jabba.

The biggest problem with that Jabba was really the two-tone paint application with no blending or realism added to the coloring technique. The sculpt was OK, but the tail's poseability was lacking.

Veers
08-01-2006, 09:05 PM
It is pricey but worth it.

maatu
08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
i also started to thin out the heard of my collection. my loose set of jason voorhee's figures from sideshow are going to be sold this weekend. no more jason killing anakin skywalker anymore. no more freddy , mocking darth vader.

Blue2th
08-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I really didn't see many figures at the SS booth worth buying except for the Star Wars figures. I didn't see any LOTR 12" figures there (maybe I should have looked harder, cause I guess Borimor was there) I've got all the 12" LOTR on order so far. Lurtz premium was cool. I was impressed with the Hot Toys except for Ripley (didn't look like her) I liked Ed-209. Didn't really care for KISS, but now if they made my guitar hero Jimmy Page in premium format, I would definitely buy that! Jabba and the display just floored me though. He is a must have.

BlueSnags
08-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Just got my SDCC Order Confirmation from Sideshow: Jabba, Environment, Salacious, Boushh, and Bib Fortuna. Glad I finally got word, I was sweating the Leia Boushh going on sale tomorrow. Now I have my confirmation # and can relax.

Luuuuuuke
08-04-2006, 02:41 PM
Jabba looks amazing but I'd need a special waiver from my wife to fork $$ for that one. I make a good salary and my wife works, but I don't know. I have a little girl and I already spend plenty on Hasbro and select Sideshow Star Wars figures. I'd just feel bad about spending that kind of money.

But he does look awesome.

Blue2th
08-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Jabba looks amazing but I'd need a special waiver from my wife to fork $$ for that one. I make a good salary and my wife works, but I don't know. I have a little girl and I already spend plenty on Hasbro and select Sideshow Star Wars figures. I'd just feel bad about spending that kind of money.

But he does look awesome.
Feels so bad, but it feels so good! You can always repent like Jerry Falwell (your avatar) and say "I have sinned!!:grin:

Luuuuuuke
08-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Feels so bad, but it feels so good! You can always repent like Jerry Falwell (your avatar) and say "I have sinned!!:grin:
Wrong televangelist.:D My avatar is Jimmy Swaggart. But I can repent all I want, it won't extricate my wife's foot from my nuts.

Blue2th
08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Jimmy is the one that said "I have sinned"! huh? But yeah, I see your (wife's) point.:yes:

Darth Cruel
12-23-2006, 06:14 PM
I got a notice for the Salacious Crumb Creature Pack yeaterday. I Love the influx of Sideshow stuff hitting us right now!

Bosskman
12-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Got mine too. Can't wait for the Crumb.

Tycho
12-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Interesting news regarding the materials choices and articulation. I hope the quality pans out. At Comic Con, I don't believe any of us could actually touch Jabba, he was behind glass.

maatu
01-02-2007, 05:34 PM
i decided that i will get one jabba the hutt. i am losing my desire in collecting sideshow. there have been some disappointments about what there doing and where there going. i mean hot toys and medicom are starting to put better 12 inch figures out.

BlueSnags
01-02-2007, 05:52 PM
i decided that i will get one jabba the hutt. i am losing my desire in collecting sideshow. there have been some disappointments about what there doing and where there going. i mean hot toys and medicom are starting to put better 12 inch figures out.

Once Sideshow "revealed" their Endor Trooper 3-pack for $200, my completism was magically cured. Since then I've been able to look at Sideshow's offerings with a much more critical eye (and been able to pass on certain items, including the Jabba & throne).

Slicker
01-02-2007, 06:04 PM
I actually just cancelled my SS Jabba pre-order the other day. I really wanted it but I can't justify buying something that will literally stay in the box for years as I'll be overseas when it arrives. I really wanted it too.:cry:

jonthejedi
01-03-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm right there with you guys on this subject. I've cancelled many of my preorders, and not ordered others. I would have rather seen them put out 3 or 4 a year, and keep the quality control. They're putting out too much, too fast...and I simply can't afford it all. They don't seem to be doing armored characters at all, ala 12" Fett, Darth Vader & of course all those awesome troopers. I'd rather give Medicom my money at this point.

Darth Cruel
01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm right there with you guys on this subject. I've cancelled many of my preorders, and not ordered others. I would have rather seen them put out 3 or 4 a year, and keep the quality control. They're putting out too much, too fast...and I simply can't afford it all. They don't seem to be doing armored characters at all, ala 12" Fett, Darth Vader & of course all those awesome troopers. I'd rather give Medicom my money at this point.

They said early on that armored figures would be a long time down the road. I will still get the regular Bib Fortuna. I am just going to wait until it is nearly free on eBay.

I also have a big issue with Sideshow's quality. They do a lot of great work and there are a lot of great points to the 12" Star Wars line, but I believe that for 67.63 per figure (shipped), my lightsabers can be perfectly straight. And the attachments to the belts can be put on so they don't just fall off.

masterjedi
01-08-2007, 08:22 PM
I can hardly believe it! We are finally getting a 12" scale Jabba et al! June 21st...of next year? Now that is an advance preview.

The one figure I've been trying to add to my collection. Finally getting it from Sideshow. Can't wait!

Tycho
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I just got an e-mail that SideShow is processing / charging my account:

$112 for Jabba
$199 for his throne dias

I am pretty sure this will arrive any day now! (Big price, but so much wanted!)

Darth Cruel
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
I just got an e-mail that SideShow is processing / charging my account:

$112 for Jabba
$199 for his throne dias

I am pretty sure this will arrive any day now! (Big price, but so much wanted!)

Jeezum crow! I have yet to even get the 22-day-notice from them! And your Jabba is shipping? Congratulations!

I am really excited about this whole set. I am glad they are putting together a scene even if it full of characters that are not my favorites. The scene will be great. And with the news of the Bubo creature pack to add to it...it is really getting awesome!

Tycho
01-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Jeezum crow! I have yet to even get the 22-day-notice from them! And your Jabba is shipping? Congratulations!

I don't know that for sure. My e-mail said it was processing. I'm not sure what the exact definition of that means.

However, I already registered my order last July.

The next step would be to confirm my address and that they can charge my creditcard. Isn't that processing?

Then they wouldn't process until they were going to ship - as in put Jabba in transit to me.

So I'm assuming. I'll update when the package comes, or another e-mail, and my card shows the charge.

Darth Cruel
01-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Tycho - Did you order your Jabba on flex pay? If so...maybe it is a flex payment.

Tycho
01-12-2007, 11:34 AM
No, I sure didn't. I've never used flex-pay and am not familiar with it.

I just read the SideShow newsletter. It seems they are receiving their final production samples of Jabba - like reviews for what the mass-produced thing will be. Then they'll import their order in bulk. So I might be jumping the gun a little bit in my excitement. I don't know.

I originally was expecting him in March. But anything is possible. Even if they do start getting him in, it's Jan 11th now, and February seems like it'd be the more likely earlier arrival time. But who knows?

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Weird, that's the second time today I've seen someone spell it "dias" instead of "dais", must be a conspiracy.

Flex-pay is when they bill you several months in advance before the item ships but they bill you in partial payments each month until it arrives. It's only offered on higher-priced items. Personally, I struggle enough getting 1 payment available on time, let alone 3 or 4. :p

jonthejedi
01-15-2007, 03:57 AM
Yeah, you're right. I could take the cowards way out & blame my lousy typing skills...but you got me on this one. Guess it's a word I don't use too much.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2007, 05:32 PM
I just got my 10-15 day notice for Jabba to be in the warehouse! Won't be long now!

Tycho
01-24-2007, 05:44 PM
I just got my 10-15 day notice for Jabba to be in the warehouse! Won't be long now!

Oh boy! That's also our 10-15 day notice that we won't have any more money in the bank in 16-17 days ;)

Bosskman
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Sweet. I'm glad I put that extra chunk on my card.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Now I have just recieved the warning for the throne as well.

Blue2th
01-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Me three, got my notices today also.

Bosskman
02-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Jabba and his throne are processing.

evenflow
02-02-2007, 08:56 PM
I can't wait to get mine.

dr_evazan22
02-03-2007, 08:30 AM
I got my 72 hr notice last night for both items.

Darth Cruel
02-07-2007, 09:56 PM
All paid for. And the delivery tracking says I shall get them tomorrow. Also, Sideshow notified me today that they ran out of regular editions and are filling some regular edition orders with Inclusives. I ordered one inclusive and two regulars and will be getting three Inclusives. The same thing happened with my Sith Probe Droids.

Tycho
02-07-2007, 10:56 PM
My creditcard company called me today to affirm some $300+ charge from SideShow being put through and I told them to run with it. That HAS to be Jabba and his throne.

My only SideShow orders outstanding are:

Endor Rebel Soldier 3-pack (which is about $175)

Bubo creature pack - (which is about $45-60 and just pre-ordered so I don't expect it)

I think I'll be getting Jabba this week: Th or Fr. I don't know if a Sat. arrival would be likely or not.

That's cool that you're getting the Inclusive / Exclusive Editions (whatever the "more is better issue" is called). I am as well. We only get an extra drink cup with Jabba though as far as I know. I also got the Inclusive / Exclusive Salacious set and I think that just came with an extra pillow for the throne - or maybe one of the small creatures was an extra. I'm not sure.

It brings up the point - not what Webster's says the word mean, but what SIDESHOW means with:

Exclusive?

Inclusive?

My stab at this is that an Exclusive means you can only order this directly from SideShow. However, there's nothing to say Brian's Toys or whomever can't buy this, then re-sell it. So "exclusivity" doesn't really apply.

Inclusive? - maybe these are the early pre-order options that include some bonus piece. They may or may not be exclusive to SideShow. However, I think the Han Bespin with the Mynock was called an Exclusive. So couldn't they have also called it an Inclusive?

You know: if someone wants to speculate on this, then fine. If not: who cares? I just plan on posing Jabba holding something - likely the Inclusive's toasting glass as that would be different from the 3 3/4" version which holds the hooka pipe. Besides, the pipe stores on his "bong," and thus it can be displayed without Jabba required to hold it. The toasting mug takes some more attention.

Anyway, why the heck would someone need 3 of these?

It's a pricey piece to do "one to open and one to keep sealed." But even so, that's still 2.

I also plan to do 2 Jabba "scenes" with my 12" figures, but I didn't plan on having Jabba himself in the sailbarge group. I suppose you've planted it in my head to try and do that now. (Thanks! NOT) But it seems rather cool to give my FAO Schwartz Exclusive Slave Leia something to do.

For my Sailbarge group I have:

Hasbro Slave Leia (FAO)
Hasbro Bar-2-D2 (FAO)
Hasbro Han Carb (Target)
Hasbro Boba Fett Electronic (KB)
Hasbro Luke Jedi (all-sources)
Hasbro Gamorrean Guard (KB)
Hasbro Lando Skiff (all-sources)

What I want most is for SideShow to do a Nikto or Weequay that I can add to this group (likely fighting Lando). Since it's sort of a collage and several characters were not on the sailbarge (Han & Lando, no to mention Fett didn't fight Han there), I don't care that the arrangement isn't accurate. It's also not exhorbinantly expensive. (Note: I'm done adding crappy Chewbaccas to my 12" scenes). Thus I sort of didn't ever plan on going for a second Jabba.

Now I'm thinking about it. I could easily afford it. But would it be a wise purchase?

The Jabba Throne and Hutt figure I'm getting this week sets up a Palace environment with most of the same figures above, substituting Leia Boussh (Hasbro) for Slave Leia, and the Carbonite Block (Target) for Han, and adding Bib Fortuna and Luke with a cloak (Hasbro FAO Schwartz 2-pack).

I don't like replacing figures with resculpts. I did that only in 12" Anakin ROTS's case because Hasbro did such a crappy job on the Anakin setup of Ultimate Villain Vader and he had to be displayed with SideShow's ROTS Obi-Wan. That Anakin was just not going to cut it, so I ordered SideShow's and have been very happy I did.

K M Toydarian
02-08-2007, 05:07 AM
It brings up the point - not what Webster's says the word mean, but what SIDESHOW means with:
Exclusive?
Inclusive?

I was under the impression Sideshow meant Inclusive to just be a clever way of saying "exclusive that more people have a chance to get".

Just curious guys, When were your orders placed. The 72hr email says orders fulfilled throughout February in the order placed. Mine was 2006-07-24 10:12:38 according to my order confirmaton. Just curious how many orders went through in 12 minutes.
Can't wait for Jabba!!!
Of course I am going out of town next week so he'll probably come then!
Can't wait to see people's displays!

Tycho
02-08-2007, 08:57 AM
I filled out the pre-order forms for the whole thing at Comic Con when I saw it in person. I knew right then that I'd be buying it. Jabba was on my wishlist of hypothetical products I wanted anyway (the wishlist is my primary deciding factor when I purchase this stuff - hence why I'm not even tempted by a Hasbro concept figure collection).

So I got an e-mail saying they processed my pre-order the week after the Con. I think that was still ahead of when they opened up regular pre-ordering, but I was put down for the Inclusive set anyway, so I wasn't ever concerned.

I think you're right:

Inclusive means that you buy it direct from SideShow and you get something as a bonus. It still could be bought by a dealer and resold to you, but they might be limited on how many inclusives they could buy and stock for resale that way. They also might not be eligible for any wholesale discounts.

Exclusive means that they have a very finite amount of the figure made this way (Han with the Mynock for example), and to get one, you have to order from SideShow within the first hour or so that the figure is available. You can often pay less by ordering from another e-tailer, but you might not get the exclusive, as they'll also have a limited opportunity to get this.

Darth Cruel
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Jabba and his throne are in my hands!

Let me first say...I like the figure.

That being said. Now I will start dogging on him.

Now let me say...when everyone else gets Jabba in their hands and holds him up without the box, many of you will be thinking..."WOW! I paid 130.00 for a big hollow chunk of plastic that is shaped and sculpted to look like Jabba the Hutt"! Some of you may draw some parrallels to the Dewback that Hasbro did...but without the bendy tail.

Tycho...Mr "Gotta-Love-The-Smell-Of-New-Plastic". This one is so strong it stung my eyes. Literally.

The Throne, on the other hand, is heavy...very heavy. I will get pics up shortly.

Tycho
02-08-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh, nice! I never thought about how it'd be SNIFFING my own Hutt!

That's a cool, added bonus.

I'm sort of disappointed to hear that Jabba's so light. It sounds as if one of my Unleashed fell off the shelf above where I intend to keep him, they might actually break right through Jabba like a cheap piggy bank.

Incidentally, did your charge to your card go through already?

I often get my SideShow package the day BEFORE the charge shows up on my account. It must be the way my bank processes the sales. I'm not sure though.

Anyway, is he hard to unpack? I can't wait to sniff mine!

Darth Cruel
02-08-2007, 05:58 PM
TOTAL PAIN IN THE @$$ to unpack and worth every effort.

Yes my charge went through yesterday.

The smell of new plastic is starting to permeate the whole house. I am sure it is a matter of minutes before the family starts to complain.

The hookah pipe is held on to the throne by a very strong magnet.

I have not yet found a hangar for the mouthpiece of the pipe...I am still looking.

Slicker
02-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Almosts makes me regret cancelling my pre-order...especially because now I would've had the money to pay for it.

Tycho
02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Is the rug under Jabba soft material?

Luke's outfit colors look wrong. I didn't get the SideShow Skywalker. I intend to use my FAO 2-pack (that also came with Bib). My Luke's clothing looks darker and more authentic actually. The cloak is nearly black, and the tunic is brown rather than grey. I may be wrong, but yours might be more movie-authentic (knowing SideShow), but I actually prefer my own. No wait: actually it's your Jedi cloak that's the wrong color. Anyway, the pose you put him in is awesome, and I'd understand why you might want to display him with his lightsaber hilt, however, I might point out that R2-D2 had Luke's lightsaber at that moment.

Slicker recommended buying magnetic tape at Wal-Mart. I'm going to pick some up myself tonight. That'll afix to your background and allow you to hang Wol Cabosh11te.

Overall, the display is awesome. Nice job. Do you have Leia Boussh as well? (SSC or Hasbro?)

Darth Cruel
02-08-2007, 09:39 PM
Is the rug under Jabba soft material?

Luke's outfit colors look wrong. I didn't get the SideShow Skywalker. I intend to use my FAO 2-pack (that also came with Bib). My Luke's clothing looks darker and more authentic actually. The cloak is nearly black, and the tunic is brown rather than grey. I may be wrong, but yours might be more movie-authentic (knowing SideShow), but I actually prefer my own. No wait: actually it's your Jedi cloak that's the wrong color. Anyway, the pose you put him in is awesome, and I'd understand why you might want to display him with his lightsaber hilt, however, I might point out that R2-D2 had Luke's lightsaber at that moment.

Slicker recommended buying magnetic tape at Wal-Mart. I'm going to pick some up myself tonight. That'll afix to your background and allow you to hang Wol Cabosh11te.

Overall, the display is awesome. Nice job. Do you have Leia Boussh as well? (SSC or Hasbro?)

I've been thinking about the lightsaber thing and will probably lose it to be more movie accurate.

Although the Jabba scene has never been my favorite to do a set-up like this...I WILL be getting every piece Sideshow makes to add to it. I do have all currently available figures ordered for it, Leia Boushh will add a lot to it, but so will Bubo.

And thanks for the magnetic tape tip...that sounds like a very good idea.

Edit - And by-the-way...the rug is made as if it is a hyde of some animal and is much like a thin chamois. Very nice touch!

Tycho
02-08-2007, 11:17 PM
And thanks for the magnetic tape tip...that sounds like a very good idea.

That was really Slicker's idea.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought some tonight. Well, what I actually bought were little magnet stickers about the size of pennies. They stick with adhesive on one side and are magnetic on the reverse. You get 8 in a package for $2 and some change. They're found in the Arts & Crafts section. They also have magnetic tape, but with these "buttons," you wouldn't want or need the tape.

I haven't used it yet. My Jabba didn't come today and I want to set him up before I position Wol Cabosh11te.

But I hope that helps.

Bosskman
02-09-2007, 04:34 AM
Jabba looks sweet. Can't wait for mine. Definately too deep of a throne to fit on my shelf though.

wampaslayr
02-09-2007, 10:33 AM
My Jabba was waiting for me last night when I got home from school. He is AWESOME! The smell of plastic was strong, so be forewarned. Can't wait to get the throne. If you got the inclusive edition, Jabba's cup is included but it is practically buried in the styrofoam packaging that I almost missed it. Overall, I am very pleased. :grin:

Bosskman
02-09-2007, 03:51 PM
I got emails from sideshow that said Jabba and his throne shipped.

Tycho
02-09-2007, 07:49 PM
My Jabba has not shipped yet. I just checked my SideShow account. My CreditCard company called me to authorize the charge the other day, but SideShow has my order being placed August 8th. So I believe that while I made it at Comic Con in person, they didn't enter it as early as they might've for some of you, even thought technically I wrote my order first.

Darn it. I really needed to start sniffing Hutt!

Ah well. Soon.

The thing that sucks the most was I've been staying at home waiting for it to arrive when I don't think SideShow has sent mine yet.

K M Toydarian
02-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Jabba and Throne arrived this morning!
Got a Fedex email last night to say a package shipped. Only the 1000 Oaks address clued me in. The accompaning Sideshow emails arrived this morning too.
He is impressive, and the boxes seem huge! Jabba's box is comparable to the Dewback or Taun Taun, and I agree, holding him loose I had to not think about the price.
Haven't open the throne, but it is HEAVY and huge!
Can't wait to organize a shelf for him.

The exclusive cup is nicer than I anticipated, but should have been a regular accessory. For the price there could have been a few small accessories like that - cup, extra frog, something.

Don't really know how Sideshow got Jabba to hold the cup in his right hand though on thei order page photo. Does't seem like he can to me.

Bosskman
02-10-2007, 04:39 AM
I tracked my Jabba to Mirabel Airport in Montreal. He has arrived in Canada, well Quebec, at least. Now after a month he'll get through customs and he will be MINE!

Jaff
02-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Dudes, I'm being tortured here. I just got a notice that Jabba and his throne shipped today! I can't take the waiting, I'm climbing on my walls like a fly. BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Tycho
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Mine shipped yesterday and they are here - up in my apartment management offices. I had just thought about it while I was shaving, and thus have to finish and rinse off before I emerge in public to pick up my Hutt (umm - that whole concept is sort of funny if you're anyone but me dealing with my impatience to go and get him...)

But he shipped FedEx. So if he left SideShow's warehouse yesterday, the chances are very good that you'll get him TODAY!

Anyway, I wouldn't even be taking time to post this, but I was already sitting at my computer desk checking the tracking info and saw it'd arrived. Thus, here I am! Aren't you all fortunate?

Bosskman
02-13-2007, 03:38 PM
My Jabba is here in Saint John, but I think he's still at FedEx. I am going insane. I want my Jabba and I want him NOW.

Tycho
02-13-2007, 03:47 PM
The boxes are HUGE!

I must have fallen asleep when the FedEx guy came by, as I sure wish I'd answered the door. Now I have to walk back and forth from the management office (one building over) carrying these things.

Jabba's box could fit a microwave oven in it. (Not joking)

The Throne box? A large flatscreen TV or something. My health isn't what it once was, so I am resting after being a little winded carrying Jabba home. In a few minutes, I will make a return trip for the Throne. From what I've heard here, it is heavy. (Jabba's not too bad. But the box is large making it barely awkward to carry - not bad really).

Anyway, I intend to open the throne first, so I haven't yet gotten to sniff my Hutt.

I'll need to when this is all over though. He'll be set up right here on the lefthand side-wing of my computer station / desk.

Oh boy!

You know: I never used to do this before my accident: appreciate the process. I was always a jump-to-the-conclusion type of guy. This time around I'm actually writing about carrying the boxes. Whaddya know?

Tycho
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
OK, I had to borrow a vallet cart to bring the throne environment up here!

The box is exactly the size of a medium-range aquarium tank for an accurate comparison.

Inside the outer shipping box is the SideShow product box. When you first reveal it, the Scum & Villany banner is staring you in the face.

You realize at once that it is villany lifting the darn thing. While bringing it back to my place, my thoughts wandered from:

-never allowing myself to order any more giant Star Wars items again to listing what might be acceptable at this size:

- the sailbarge, AT-TE, TurboTank, an underscale Star Destroyer, etc. but the list might remain at under 10 items!

The throne is packed in styrofoam within the SideShow product box. The box actually has some kind of bio on it, but I didn't intend to read it until I am relaxed, having set this monster up.

You have to turn the shipping box upside down to shake out the product box, and then you have to inch the styrofoam shell with the actual throne within it out little bit by little bit.

The thing feels like it is STONE. It is very sturdy, however it echoes like it is hollow inside (as the thing would require two people to lift were it really stone. It has velvet on the bottom, printed with SideShow's logo and 2006 on it, plus the item number out of 2,500 pieces. I have something in the 900's though I don't really care about such things.

It smells wonderful of new-ness. I haven't opened Jabba himself yet, so I can't wait for the freshness there. But I highly recommend this at least over Magic Mushrooms.

Make sure that you empty the styrofoam out of every little nook and cranny. There looks to be lot of accessories stuffed in there. I just got the stone slab of the throne out and am resting for a minute, so I haven't explored everything it comes with.

OK - I'll get back to that now.

Blue2th
02-13-2007, 06:02 PM
It smells wonderful of new-ness. I haven't opened Jabba himself yet, so I can't wait for the freshness there. But I highly recommend this at least over Magic Mushrooms.

Last time I opened a large action figure and wiffed it, I got a headache. Probably residuals from that one time I did try MM's years ago. :ninja: I'm trying to keep my one brain cell alive. Though I might have to try sniffin' the mousedroid lol .........Got my shipping notice for Jabba and the Throne Environment today. That's an all-of-a-sudden $300.00+ hit. :eek:

Tycho
02-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I have it all out and set up, as well as some questions for folks that have theirs.

First though, I'm an expert at olfactory sensations. Jabba smells like fresh paint or thick permanent marker. I wouldn't rate that on the top of my preference list, but you don't have to sniff him. The scent just sorts of drifts in anyway. Besides, Jabba is too large to put any part of him in your nostrils (well, maybe the tip of his tail, but the scent is not such one that is tempting me to try it. - Besides, that would make the strangest mental picture - me holding this huge thing with 2 hands so I could angle its tail up my nostril. I know I'm different - but that is freaking wierd!)

QUESTION 1: the tube to my Hooka pipe was not attached to the bowel. Is it broke as it was shipped? I can put it at the top opening and am considering using model glue, but maybe I am missing a way to snap this together?

QUESTION 2: Have you used any Hasbro "clear bands" that keep weapons in little action figures' hands to secure either the pipe or the Inclusive edition's toasting glass? One of Jabba's hands is molded closed, so he can only hold stuff in his left hand - so it's the pipe or the glass, but not both. Kind of disappointing.

QUESTION 3: Do you display all your little creatures that came with Salacious Crumb? To me, they are so small you'd hardly notice them, so I'm not thinking it is worth it to remove them from the Salacious' set packaging. Also the Worrt creature was OUTSIDE Jabba's Palace, so while the sculpt is cool, I know I'd rather save what space I have for Bubo and consider the larger creatures he also comes included with. I will be adding Wol Cabosh11te to the "wall" behind Jabba's throne with the magnetic button I bought.

QUESTION 4: Have you guys put up the Hasbro Han Carbonite block on display with this Jabba set? It looks awesome! I have all Hasbro characters surrounding Jabba, but it still looks totally cool!

Gamorrean
Boba Fett
Bib Fortuna
Lando Skiff
Leia Boussh
Luke Jedi
Chewie in Chains

With Jabba, this has become one of my most impressive displays ever!

If I had a digital camera, I'd snap a picture. Suffice it to say, I'm more than satisfied!

One more question: what am I to do with all of these boxes?

Bosskman
02-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Tomorrow, Jabba, you will sit upon my shelf (if you fit).

Tomorrow, your fumes will waft through my room, giving me nose bleeds as I sleep.

Tomorrow, Jabba, I shall free you from you cardboad and styrofoam prison.

Tomorrow, Jabba, I shall gaze upon your girth.

Tomorrow.

Jabba.

You will be MINE!!

Haaaaaaahaheeeeeeehooooooooo! The waiting is making me INSANE!

Tycho
02-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Dude. I think this is the best purchase I will even be able to MAKE in 2007!

He's right next to me on the lefthand wing of my desk (have room for a 20" television or something - I'm serious!)

I count SideShow figures that Hasbro already made for my no-resculpts rule, so he's surrounded by all Hasbro stuff and he makes even small-head Boba Fett look good! (I have both Hasbro Fetts, 2 of the Electronic ones actually, but use them for my Bounty Hunters scene and Sarlaac Battle Group)

To me, the success of using the Hasbro 12" figures with this is at least worth the $178 + I probably saved by not ordering Leia Boussh and Bib Fortuna from SideShow. But this set up (with Hasbro) gives me 8 characters in addition to Jabba and it all just looks awesome assembled!

NEW QUESTION for those who have Jabba already: the bottom of the frog tank feels like it has a clear plastic safety protector piece on over what might be glass that actually forms the bowel underneathe it.

I do not want to chance taking this off. I don't think it's supposed to come off. Did anyone make a mistake, or learn anything different?

Bosskman
02-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I got Jabba. He is HUGE and so is his throne. Man is he sweeeeet.

Tycho
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Are you guys saving the boxes after you open him?

Most SideShow stuff (this being no exception) make it simple to repackage their collectibles.

However, Jabba comes in packaging literally the size of a mid-range aquarium (the throne) and a microwave over (the Hutt).

Kidhuman
02-15-2007, 05:47 PM
You have pics of it Tycho?

Tycho
02-15-2007, 06:16 PM
No. I don't own a digital camera. The pics I used to post I took with my ex-girlfriend's camera. Since I don't shoot that many pics normally, I haven't brought myself to buy my own yet. Plus, not adding that expense helps if you want to pay off Jabba.

But I think before a camera, re-doing the systems running on my computer and so forth will be higher priorities.

But I'll see what I can do about having a friend take a picture of my 12" Jabba diorama for me. All I'm saying is that one pic and a little 'net attention isn't worth the $90-200+ a new camera will cost me.

Bosskman
02-16-2007, 04:47 AM
Man is Jabba's Throne ever freakin' heavy. I had no idea till I picked up the box. The pillow's are freakin' polystone! I have to do some major re-arranging of my figures, ALL of them not just SW, to accomodate the massive Hutt (well mostly his massive throne).

Jaff
02-17-2007, 11:43 PM
I will break down and open this set, but my problem is how to display him. I have three kids, so it has to be out of arms reach, and It needs the space of a small table. He looks awesome though.

Tycho
02-17-2007, 11:54 PM
How about on top of the refridgerator?

Bosskman
02-18-2007, 05:24 AM
His throne is 15 3/8" wide so it needs some space. I had to guy a new shelf and it fits him perfectly, plus my unleashed stuff below.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 08:13 PM
How about on top of the refridgerator?
The heat might melt Jabba's vinyl. Plus, any humidity up there could be extra devastating to the paint.

jedibear
03-11-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm with Tycho here...this is one of the most amazing pieces to come along in years...

I think he displays fine with some of the Hasbro stuff from Jabba's palace...and I was so inspired by the throne, I made some stairs to round out the display.

Can't wait for Boussh to display in this cool court!

Tycho
03-11-2007, 11:24 PM
That looks so good JediBear!

Darth Cruel
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
JB - Very nice! You are lucky to have a cove that is reminiscent of Jabba's Palace! Did you make all of it or is part of it the normal deco of your home?

jedibear
03-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the compliments, folks...

It's a bit of both....I built the table to put the set-up on (re-enforcing it real well..:) ) and glazed the wall behind it. Painted some canva flats for movable "walls" and picked up some styro blocks for stairs (also painted/glazed) at a craft store.

This figure really inspired me to put some effort into displaying him...I think he's terrific!

Here's to ya, Sideshow!

Darth Cruel
03-23-2007, 06:28 PM
I do not remember where I saw it, but I saw it posted somewhere that there are numbers on the bottom of Jabba's Dais that show the production number/edition size. So of course I checked and easily found them. And now I am curious to see who has the lowest number. Mine appears to be 0464/4200. Here is a pic. Some of the numbers are faint and the first is very small. I would really appreciate if anyone else can post pics of their's so I can compare them to make sure i am reading them correctly. I would like to see as many as possible.

Tycho
03-23-2007, 06:36 PM
I believe mine had numbers on the bottom as well, but my diorama is already set up. Besides, I don't have a camera so I can't be of any help.

Tycho
06-11-2007, 02:20 AM
So I finally got my own digital camera. Here's my 12" Jabba's Palace diorama. I think the Hasbro figures fit in this just fine. How about you?

Grrr. Please be patient. My picture was at too high of resolution for these forums. I'm trying to dull it to reduce the memory used.

plasticfetish
06-11-2007, 02:52 AM
pssst... send it to me (pf@plasticfetish.net) and I'll resize it for you.

Tycho
06-11-2007, 08:03 AM
pssst... send it to me (pf@plasticfetish.net) and I'll resize it for you.

I will do so, thank you. But it's not the size (dimensions of the picture). I think I have it so it would display 800 x 800 the max size allowed by SSG. It is the resolution is so high. I have Corel's Paintshop Pro Photo 11 (comparable but cheaper than Photoshop) and I should learn how to do this for myself. But the pic is on its way to you with thanks for your help.

Jayspawn
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm thinking about getting a SS Jabba after seeing it in person at CIV. And I got a sweet gift card from them too so I can get it for a great price.

plasticfetish
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Here ya' go amigo...

Tycho
06-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Thank you again, PlasticFetish! So (with no comments regarding Chewbacca - as I already know...) what do you think of the display, PF posted for me above? Which ones are SideShow? Which ones are Hasbro? How do they look?

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 09:23 PM
The file has to be under the filesize restriction, then the forums will resize it if it's over 800. I don't like letting the server resize my photos anymore though, it's not as good as any software I have.

Cool beans! The photo is nifty Tycho. It's painfully obvious that the only Sideshow up there is Jabba, the dais, and the 3 critters; everybody else is a loser Hasbro entry. I had forgotten how miserably tiny Fett's helmet was. Leia doesn't look too bad, Luke neither, Lando is all costume and he's in the back so it's an easy pass. The Gamorrean Guard looks alright but somehow more toyetic from the side, and he seems more out of scale than I remember. Bib doesn't look too bad but he's far back there.

So, was this shot in wide mode?

Tycho
06-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Nah. I didn't need the wide mode for this shot. It came out pretty well actually.

You're correct. Everything is Hasbro except Jabba and his critters. You are already aware of my predisposition against resculpts (even when they're done by a different company).

Fett - yeah. I bought it, so I had to use it by my reckoning. I have 2 of the electronic ones which is a better Hasbro product, but I use them with my sailbarge group (not pictured - though I can take a shot of them as they are here) and the other with my 12" bounty hunters I wanted so bad. Remember that?

Leia? She's alright. The SideShow is much better, but at least Hasbro attempted to give her real hair. It doesn't work that well though.

Luke is actually a great figure. That's part of the FAO 2-pack.

Bib Fortuna is obviously the other part of the FAO 2-pack. Since he would be posed in the background anyway, why spend $66 more dollars? He looks excellent. He's one of Hasbro's better outings.

Lando is a good figure, and nicely accessorized. I bought 2 - one to display with the helmet off - in the Sarlaac Battle Group obviously. I want SideShow to make a 12" Nikto for him to fight!

Anyway, SideShow's Bubo Creature Pack is on order. Who knows when they'll ship it? But I'll be adding them to this scene as well. I also think Woof, Ree-Yees, and Tessek in 12" would be awesome!

Bosskman
06-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Man the hasbro figures look bad. I put my hasbro bib (which I still have but not out) next to my sideshow bib and the difference was hilarious. No comparison. Sideshow completely blows hasbro out of the water.

Tycho
06-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Want to post a comparison pic, Bosskman? (the 2 Bibs?)

I feel quite satisfied with the arrangement PlasticFetish helped me post a picture of above. So I guess I'm saying, "Make me feel bad." :squareeye

Bosskman
06-17-2007, 08:14 AM
I would if I had a camera. I gave a lot of my Hasbro 12" stuff away to the mail lady's grandson 9the same mail lady that delivered at least half of them). I still have some of the better ones (Bib, Gam Guard, Skiff Lando included) but when I tried to blend them in with my sideshow stuff I just couldn't take the glaring differences. Seriously Tycho, as sweet as your diorama is (and it is pretty freakin' sweet I will admit) it would be even better if you substituted in some more sideshow figures for the Hasbro stuff (like Bib, Jedi Luke and eventually at least boussh Leia).

mm74md
06-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Has anybody lost a ring from the gargoyle heads? My sweet little daughter decided that they looked too neat not to touch (after him sitting out for months) and are now missing.

I emailed Sideshow to see if they'd sell me replacements, but was wondering if any of you had the same problem came up with your own solution?

Tycho
06-30-2007, 01:52 AM
No. That sucks, dude. I hope Sideshow helps you out there. They should. You spent nearly $400 on that whole setup (if you got the creature packs too - which you most likely did).

evenflow
07-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Man the hasbro figures look bad. I put my hasbro bib (which I still have but not out) next to my sideshow bib and the difference was hilarious. No comparison. Sideshow completely blows hasbro out of the water.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I almost wish i could sell off the Hasbro ones to make room for all the sideshow ones. Not sure if they are selling though.

Jayspawn
07-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Dont think theres much a market for Hasbro 12" right now. Unless you have the Exclusive Plo Koon or Ki Adi Mundi. I've seen those 2 fetch a bunch recently.

mm74md
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Has anybody lost a ring from the gargoyle heads? My sweet little daughter decided that they looked too neat not to touch (after him sitting out for months) and are now missing.

I emailed Sideshow to see if they'd sell me replacements...

Once again Sideshow has proven they have (in my eyes) the best Customer Service in all of Star Wars collecting.

Inthia from SSC has sent me replacement rings in case my daughter decides to use them as earings again at no cost. She has helped with defective lightsabers as well in the past

Blue2th
07-20-2007, 06:26 PM
Once again Sideshow has proven they have (in my eyes) the best Customer Service in all of Star Wars collecting.

Inthia from SSC has sent me replacement rings in case my daughter decides to use them as earings again at no cost. She has helped with defective lightsabers as well in the past
Inthia is the coolest! She helped me with my damaged Obi-Wan exclusive box. Got it replaced asap. :thumbsup: