PDA

View Full Version : Yavin Wave, Imp Schuttle & more

Banthaholic
07-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Check out this list
http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/news.htm

Note: It was a tough call if this belongs in the 30th Anniversary section or Saga-2, since of the overlap

TheRealDubya
07-20-2006, 10:38 AM
Nice. Bring on the Shuttle. Those poster packs or four packs or whatever they are look great. Love the vintage logo border on the newer characters.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2006, 10:46 AM
Looks like we may get that Yavin wave after all. Those Battlepacks look pretty much useless, so I'll be able to pass on all of them (unless the Sarlacc one comes with a Skiff, but I seriously doubt it will). Also, thankfully, the Shuttle looks to be a straight re-release with two old figures, so I can pass on that as well.

pegger
07-20-2006, 10:53 AM
I happiest about the Yavin wave....

I can safely pass the shuttle too - and the battle packs looks somwehat useless - but I am a sucker for soft goods....

Banthaholic
07-20-2006, 10:56 AM
I happiest about the Yavin wave....

I can safely pass the shuttle too - and the battle packs looks somwehat useless - but I am a sucker for soft goods....
I like the look of the soft gods on the attempted arest of Palpatine pack

DarthQuack
07-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Some of these look pretty good. I'm sure I'll be getting them.

Kidhuman
07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Like DQ, I like most of these. Will need to get the Shuttle, but it is going ot be rough around X-mas with the kids and the Black Pearl coming out then.

Jargo
07-20-2006, 06:36 PM
hmm so is the shuttle getting exactly the same paint deco then? they should do it differently. There's three in ROJ. why would anyone buy a high end item like this if it's the same as the last one? It's going to be expensive so only a certain number of folks will go for it. probably mostly the same people who bought the last one. And with the inclusion of vader it'll doubtless be vaders shuttle deco. which the last one was despite being shown in an arrival of the emperor setup on the box. so the last one was wrong and therefore this one should be wrong too and be the Emperors shuttle. follow? good.

Kidhuman
07-20-2006, 06:38 PM
The shuttle is a 60 dollar piece and a Target Exclusive.

Jargo
07-20-2006, 06:57 PM
oh so it's gonna be made from cheaper less stable plastic then. hmmm. even so $60 is still pricey. And it's hardly exclusive if it's already being offered for pre-order at online stores across the globe. Calling stuff exclusive is pretty redundant these days. 'primarily sold at' is a better way of putting it.

kool-aid killer
07-21-2006, 11:34 AM
I like the collectors tin cans. I missed out on the Anakin to Vader evolutions set, and these tins happen to have both Anakins when he was a Jedi so im excited about that. I dont see myself picking up the Imperial Shuttle, or Fistos fighter. The only battlepack that is remotely interesting to me is the Jedi vs Sith one, and thats only because of the battle droids in it. Im going to pass on the commemorative DVD figures, nothing i want in them. Im hoping the Yavin wave does appear, but i want to see pictures of the figures as proof of them being made.

jedimaster_eric
07-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Cool Cool , but why does EVERYTHING Mace Windu have to be purple??

Darth Cruel
07-31-2006, 07:38 AM
The figures reported by Hasbro that have numbers assigned up through 74 (which is supposed to be the last of The Saga Collection before the 30th Anniversary line starts, say absolutely nothing about any of the figures in the Yavin wave.

1-52 - already released - no Yavin figures.

53 - Darth Maul
54 - Chewbacca
55 - Kit Fisto
56 - Commander Cody
57 - E3 Clone Trooper
58 - Black Astromech Droid
59 - E3 Clone Trooper
60 - E2 Clone Trooper
61 - Super battle Droid
62 - Battle Droids
63 - Oni-Wan Kenobi
64 - Commander Appo
65 - Kashyyk Clone Trooper
66 - Yareal Poof
67 - Astromech Droid
68 - Padme Amidala
69 - Clone Trooper
70 - Kitik Keedkak (or however it is spelled)
71 - Kabe and Gas Mask boy from the Mos Isley Cantina
72 - The horned devil guy from the Mos Isley Cantina
73 - Aurra Sing
74 - Astromech Droid

No mention of the Yavin wave whatsoever. I hope the rumor that it will be one of the early waves of the Anniversary line is true. I want that Rebel Sentry...particularly if he really comes with his crow's nest!

Banthaholic
07-31-2006, 08:57 AM
From what I read at another site, Hasbro was asked at Comic Con about the Yavin wave and it's been postponed till '07

Rogue II
07-31-2006, 09:57 AM
I read the same thing.

Basic Figures
Rebel Sentry
Rebel Pilot
Death Star Trooper
Luke Skywalker Ceremony
Han Solo Ceremony

In the Q&As, it sounds like Hasbro wants to include some larger accessories in upcoming figures. Maybe the new card design will be able to handle the larger accessories, like the rebel's crows nest. Luke, Han, and especially the DST all needed resculpts anyway. This wave is worth waiting for.

The Shuttle for $60 sounds like a deal, since most people probably paid $100-$150 for it when it was an FAO exclusive. I don't own one, but I don't know if I can justify something that expensive to my wife. She wasn't thrilled when I bought the OTC Falcon on clearance for $30. But, She doesn't seem to have a problem with me getting the upcoming Snowspeeder.

That list of additional figures this year is great...if you're a prequel army builder. Which I'm not. I'm only going to get the 3 astromechs and Kitik Keedkak.

JON9000
08-01-2006, 08:21 AM
I don't have a shuttle because there is an $80 limit on what I would spend for a toy. Yes, it's true, not everyone has one yet, so I am happy this thing is coming out, I am willing to bet it is of the same plastic, and anyone who feels bad because they paid $150 for one and thinks they shouldn't make them anymore can kiss my tookus.

:pleased:

TheDarthVader
08-03-2006, 11:19 PM
I want to get a shuttle too! I am sure it is the same exact shuttle as the FAO exclusive. I remember when a lot of people were crying because KB toys got the FAO shuttle and was selling it for $49.99. :D hehe I thought that was awesome. It is true! Hasbro didn't live up to "exclusive" on this ship.

I hope all of the Yavin figures on that list are made soon. I hope these rumors are true!

Darth Cruel
08-04-2006, 07:27 AM
I remember when a lot of people were crying because KB toys got the FAO shuttle and was selling it for $49.99. :D hehe I thought that was awesome. It is true! Hasbro didn't live up to "exclusive" on this ship.

This could spark a whole new thread. What exclusive has Hasbro NOT YET sold outside of the exclusive venue for any given "exclusive"? In fact, I think I WILL start a thread on this.

DarthQuack
08-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I was going through my PDT at work(target) and saw the price for the shuttle will be 59.99......eh, I guess depending on how it looks is how I decide.