PDA

View Full Version : Small nit-pick about the Endor AT-AT

Warstar
07-20-2006, 02:30 PM
...would all of the Jango Fett clones be dead by the time Jedi comes around?

This looks an awful lot like a Jango clone... (http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&imageid=18050&text=&categoryid=3954&box=&shownew=)

In the Darth Vader book that came out around ROTS there is a short story where Vader even finds a new guy to clone for troops (explaining why their voices changed and why they don't have the Aussie accent in the Original Trilogy).

Other than that nit-pick, the AT-AT looks pretty good :)

Qui-Long Gone
07-20-2006, 03:06 PM
You'd think they'd be dead, especially since their voices, for obvious reasons, were different in the OT....of course the OT came first so Jango wasn't even a thought....but surely the troopers are different from the clones?

Dark Marble
07-20-2006, 03:27 PM
I don't really see the problem with the troopers all having the "Jango" face. What the wizards at the Lucas camp should do is Just have Temuera Morrison dub his voice into the original movies over all the trooper banter and that will make everything cannon again. Besides, what other face could they use? They are using things that will be recognizable to kids while giving collectors more bang for their buck with more detailed figures.

Jargo
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
by the OT those clones would be well wonky genetically so maybe that explains why they're such lousy shots. but i agree that it's odd having a clone face as a trooper when all the officers are non clones at that point. In fact all the troopers are different sizes at that point so they can't be clones.
It would have been cool to have the bearded rebel uder the visor but what does it matter really. All it says to me is that Lucas MAY place digital masks over OT actors faces and make them more clone like at some point in the future.
At least Temuera Morrison is getting money and work out of it all. Cushy job.

Ji'dai
07-20-2006, 03:50 PM
What the wizards at the Lucas camp should do is Just have Temuera Morrison dub his voice into the original movies over all the trooper banter and that will make everything cannon again. Heresy! I can't believe I read this! My eyes! My eyes!

You're banned from these forums! You, and your children, and your children's children!

For three months. ;)

According to the official site, at the time of the OT, some Stormtroopers are clones and others are conscripts. I'm sure they kept Jango's DNA on file so they could continue using him to clone others. Maybe it degenerated over time and that's why OT Stormtroopers are such poor shots.

Dark Marble
07-20-2006, 04:00 PM
I know I know, I am just yanking the chain a little. :D

Slicker
07-20-2006, 04:01 PM
We kinda got into it in the Wave 7 pictures thread too because the Death Star Gunner has a removable helmet with Tems face under it.

It's on page 9 of this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31725&page=9)and I start it (imagine that. ;)).

My position should be quite obvious from the couple of posts in that thread.

jedi master sal
07-20-2006, 04:15 PM
It's been written that some of the stormtroopers from the OT are indeed old clones. However there were other DNA donors that came after Jango that account for some of the Stormtroopers, as well as conscripted (read drafted) humans to be used as troopers.

Also, have you fellas noticed that some of the voices HAVE been replaced??

At least IIRC. I haven't watched SW (the original) in about 3 months...now that's heresy...

Anyway...