PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight (New Batman film)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-25-2007, 08:32 PM
The teaser has LEAKED, BABY!!! Cam shot, but very decent quality. I love the falling cards and the creepy whispering and the final lines: "The essence of laughter......is insanity." That cackle gave me chills. I sense a new avatar/sig to commemorate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OEtbNxAGaw

:thumbsup:

darko666
07-25-2007, 09:09 PM
looks interesting, but fake until proven real. there are just to many fan made trailers out there, so it's hard to believe. plus it was uploaded on June 10. if it was real, it would have been removed.

Hellboy
07-25-2007, 09:28 PM
looks interesting, but fake until proven real. there are just to many fan made trailers out there, so it's hard to believe. plus it was uploaded on June 10. if it was real, it would have been removed.

I agree I don't think its the real deal. It doesn't match the description that was posted on SHH a few days ago either. Not that this report is genuine either but so far it sounds the most plausible IMO.

Source: Superhero Hype! (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6040)

I have seen The Dark Knight Teaser. I don't want to reveal everything...

It starts out with the WB logo gracing the screen, followed by the DC logo and the Legendary pictures logo. The screen goes black.

It opens back up as a commercial paid for by the friends of Harvey Dent. We are shown shots of him talking, making public speeches, and walking in a suit, while a deep voice comes on and talks about Harvey Dent. A generic politician commercial.

What seems to be halfway through the commercial, it is interrupted by static, and blacks out. Out of nowhere a crystal clear image comes onto the screen of a blacked out man with large windows behind him. The camera slowly zooms in on him. He's talking (about what I won't say) and as he finishes he begins laughing. Lightning strikes, lighting up his face, as the laughter grows more manic. Cut to black.

The Batman Begins (now The Dark Knight's bat) emblem is shown with the words The Dark Knight. Then it says Summer 2008 and has the website at the bottom.

What is said... is a surprise that I must keep for now. It gave me chills.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I saw a blip a while back that IGN ran that said the teaser would have falling cards, whispering, etc, etc. Maybe they've changed it up a bit or something? We'll find out soon enough though! :thumbsup:

RooJay
07-26-2007, 01:28 AM
That actually hit several weeks ago, and if I recall correctly it was confirmed as fan made by the studio right after it was posted.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Alright, so, there is another teaser up on youtube which seems legit from one of the descriptions that somebody saw that featured a conversation between Bruce and Alfred and then finishes with the Joker. Here is what has been posted: http://youtube.com/watch?v=nb4TstBBHYE

I dunno if this legit or not, but that is Bale and Cain talking. All in all, i'm pretty disappointed as we see NOTHING. Hell, the Dent promo sounded amazing and that seems to be false too. Unless there are multiple teasers, which I doubt at this point. Not sure about Jokers voice though as the audio is iffy. I guess i'll hopefully find out tonight with midnight showing of the Simpsons. :thumbsup:

darko666
07-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I guess i'll hopefully find out tonight with midnight showing of the Simpsons. :thumbsup:

i hope i get the teaser attached to the simpsons movie tonight. i heard that only select prints are getting the trailer. but if not, it will show up online anyway. also, if you freeze the video at 40 seconds, you can see a Joker card as the bat symbol gets destroyed.

edit: saw The Simpsons(which was great), but didn't have the TDK teaser. not a problem though, the simpsons movie more than made up for it.

darko666
07-27-2007, 05:20 PM
TDK Teaser in HD quality (http://video.whysoserious.com/TDK_Teaser_HD_Best_L98hufT.mov)

Rocketboy
07-27-2007, 09:47 PM
A new photo has been released, with Heath Ledger and Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Not so sure about Joker here. You can see his regular colored skin at the neck and wrist and he appears to have brown hair with a green tint.

RooJay
07-28-2007, 12:55 AM

Not so sure about Joker here. You can see his regular colored skin at the neck and wrist and he appears to have brown hair with a green tint.

I seem to recall Christopher Nolan saying early on that Joker would not have green hair or white skin in this movie - looks like that's indeed the case and that he instead tints his hair green and wears white clown make-up. Again, not the way I'd have done it (neither how I would have preferred Nolan do it), but I understand the effect he's going for there.

Rocketboy
07-28-2007, 10:03 PM
I seem to recall Christopher Nolan saying early on that Joker would not have green hair or white skin in this movie - looks like that's indeed the case and that he instead tints his hair green and wears white clown make-up. Again, not the way I'd have done it (neither how I would have preferred Nolan do it), but I understand the effect he's going for there.So why not make Joker a woman or a space alien?

2-1B
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
I always thought Joker painted his skin and dyed his hair anyway...I'm not sure what the hubub is all about.

RooJay
07-31-2007, 01:28 AM
So why not make Joker a woman or a space alien?

Or a suitcase, they way Marlon Brandon wanted to play Jor-El in the Superman movies!

Well, probably because then he wouldn't look like the Joker at all. That'd be my guess.

darthvyn
07-31-2007, 08:51 AM
I always thought Joker painted his skin and dyed his hair anyway...I'm not sure what the hubub is all about.

well since you're wrong, of course you don't see what all the hubub is about. the joker was exposed to a chemical bath that bleached his skin and turned his hair green. various versions of the story have the chemicals themselves creating his "smile" or, like the first keaton batman movie, a bullet wound to the face and subsequent reconstructive surgery affecting his face in that way. everything i've seen about this movie so far has me worried, unfortunately.

2-1B
07-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks Vyncent for the clarification (albeit somewhat snippy at the beginning :D ). I was thinking of Bats '89 where he took a bath and had his face effed up from that bullet.

Actually I was thinking that his face got smily from the chemical but that he painted his face and colored his hair after the accident.

Anyway, I was unfamiliar with the origin. Thanks for the info. :nachos:

RooJay
08-01-2007, 02:06 AM
well since you're wrong, of course you don't see what all the hubub is about. the joker was exposed to a chemical bath that bleached his skin and turned his hair green. various versions of the story have the chemicals themselves creating his "smile" or, like the first keaton batman movie, a bullet wound to the face and subsequent reconstructive surgery affecting his face in that way. everything i've seen about this movie so far has me worried, unfortunately.

Yeah, not that I'm terribly happy about it either, but when it comes right down to it - how much bearing do you really think it has on the character whether or not his hair is turned naturally green and his skin is white?

darthvyn
08-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks Vyncent for the clarification (albeit somewhat snippy at the beginning :D ).

yeah, i was a bit cranky at the time i posted... sorry 'bout that...

Actually I was thinking that his face got smily from the chemical but that he painted his face and colored his hair after the accident.

you're probably getting confused with the fact that he actually painted his face flesh-tone in some scenes, like when he met with all the crime bosses to let them know he's taking over (and subsequently wipes his forehead with a his handkerchief and wipes away the flesh-tone makeup), or when he goes to the museum to "improve the paintings". i know when i was a kid it confused me a bit.

Anyway, I was unfamiliar with the origin. Thanks for the info. :nachos:

always willing to share my useless knowledge. any time.

Yeah, not that I'm terribly happy about it either, but when it comes right down to it - how much bearing do you really think it has on the character whether or not his hair is turned naturally green and his skin is white?

it just does somehow, same as the changes made to the "transformers" made me not even interested in that movie in the slightest. if you stray too far from the character's mythos, it loses something. he might as well put on a beret and be "the maniacal mime" or something...

hey, now THERE'S a thought, though... the maniacal mime... i might have to use that...

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 06:57 PM
TDK Teaser in HD quality (http://video.whysoserious.com/TDK_Teaser_HD_Best_L98hufT.mov)Sadly now it goes to the Rent-a-Clown website. This I believe is related to the dollar bills they gave out at SDCC with a sticker over Washington making it look like it had been defaced, and "why so serious" over the "One Dollar" on the front, the guys giving these out were in joker makeup and telling people to meet at some park, they apparently did skywriting and joker face painting at the event.

I seem to recall Christopher Nolan saying early on that Joker would not have green hair or white skin in this movie - looks like that's indeed the case and that he instead tints his hair green and wears white clown make-up. Again, not the way I'd have done it (neither how I would have preferred Nolan do it), but I understand the effect he's going for there.

Yeah, not that I'm terribly happy about it either, but when it comes right down to it - how much bearing do you really think it has on the character whether or not his hair is turned naturally green and his skin is white?A lot really, it's part of what makes the Joker who he is, it's part of why he's more insane and why he took the persona in the first place. The Joker became a twisted freak which drove him mad enough to become Batman's ultimate supervillain. You take that away, and he's just a looney with a fetish for playing cards and bad jokes and questionable clown makeup.

El Chuxter
08-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Before that, he was a failed comedian more or less forced into robberies to support his pregnant wife.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-05-2007, 08:44 PM
One of the theories is that his transformation is a progression: he moves from masks to face paint and then by the end of the flick, he's done something or bats has done something to bleach his skin to stay white with the green hair. I hope this is true as I don't know if i'm down with him just applying face paint, but my instinct tells me Nolan wouldn't mess that up.

darko666
08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
rumours are his scar is due to a batarang.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 12:30 AM
Oh man, what's happening with this project? Ever since the suit and the motorcycle this thing's just been going all wrong. I am still on board, but now I'm not so sure of it.

pbarnard
08-06-2007, 12:34 AM
The teaser trailer was included on the Bourne Supremacy. Wasn't much, to "see" though.

Qui-Long Gone
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Oh man, what's happening with this project? Ever since the suit and the motorcycle this thing's just been going all wrong. I am still on board, but now I'm not so sure of it.

What's wrong with the suit? :cross-eye

Ditto on the motorcycle...:lipsrsealed:

Rocketboy
08-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Found a couple of cool Batman news items:

1. Dark Knight footage (http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/08/11/dark-knight-footage-shown-at-wizard-world/) shown at Wizard World Chicago (SPOILER HEAVY).

2. An anime Batman DVD (http://batman-on-film.com/batman-anime-movie-info.html) (similar to The Animatrix), which will bridge Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, may be released shortly before TDK.

General_Grievous
08-11-2007, 09:56 PM
The footage description sounds awesome, especially the new villain. But I wasn't expecting him to show up until the third film. Still, I'm expecting this to be better than the first one.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Hmm, not sure about the Joker still, seems off, and the case with the batsuit seems cliche but not totally unexpected I suppose. The latter parts are much more interesting though.

Anibats sounds like a very good idea.

El Chuxter
08-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I read the spoiler and am looking forward to this even more. Not even Bane and Anarky in Batman Begins 5 will be cooler.

Qui-Long Gone
08-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Loved the spoilers....although what's the spoil? Joker, Batman, bada$$ action....'nough said....

Hellboy
08-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Here are some pretty sweet Dark Knight pictures that have surfaced on the web. Rumor is they were shown at Wizard World.

Enjoy.

VERY MINOR SPOILERS

Hellboy
08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
. . . . . .

Hellboy
08-17-2007, 10:16 PM
. . . . . .

Hellboy
08-17-2007, 10:22 PM
. . . . . . .

2-1B
08-17-2007, 10:39 PM
I think that's lookin pretty sweet...I like the sleazy Joker look the more I see it.

Hey what day did they show that in Chicago ? I was only there Thurs/Fri...didn't know anything about it coming up, must have been a big secret. Kinda bummed that I missed that.

General_Grievous
08-18-2007, 02:05 PM
I just had a fangasm.

I guess Cillian Murphy will be back (judging from the third pic in the second post), but we knew that anyway.

Thanks for sharing the pics, HB!

Hellboy
08-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Hey what day did they show that in Chicago ? I was only there Thurs/Fri...didn't know anything about it coming up, must have been a big secret. Kinda bummed that I missed that.

Not sure Caesar. Could be it wasn't shown there at all. As of right now thats just where they're rumored to have been shown but it would make sense considering thats where the film is being shot.

Thanks for sharing the pics, HB!

My pleasure. :)

darthvyn
08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
why does the batcave look like a Target that's gone out of business?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
why does the batcave look like a Target that's gone out of business?

I think its' just one section of it?

darthvyn
08-20-2007, 04:20 PM
i don't know, it looks pretty expansive here...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15895&d=1187407296

and in the other pic, there's that desk setup that doesn't look to be anywhere near where bale and cane are standing...

RooJay
08-21-2007, 06:13 AM
That actually looks like the Wayne Tech basement place that Bruce visited in the first movie to get most of his equipment from Lucius Fox. I'm betting it's just another base of ops he's using in this movie as we've already seen the Batcave in the first movie, and it looked considerably different than this.

darthvyn
08-21-2007, 12:09 PM
we've already seen the Batcave in the first movie, and it looked considerably different than this.

except for the fact that wayne manor burned down and alfred advised improving the cave:

Bruce Wayne: Rebuild it. Just the way it was, brick for brick.
Alfred Pennyworth: *Just* the way it was, sir?
Bruce Wayne: Yeah. Why?
Alfred Pennyworth: I thought this might be a good opportunity for improving the foundations.
Bruce Wayne: To the south-east corner?
Alfred Pennyworth: Precisely, sir.

http://www.lojadosbrinquedos.com/galeria/albums/userpics/10001/normal_luciousfox_brucewayne.jpg

the vault where lucious fox worked didn't have that kind of lighting, and it had massive support pillars, something this expansive big square un-cave-like room doesn't have. i also doubt that bruce wayne would be stupid enough to take over a room that was used by the business and turn it into a bat-room.

El Chuxter
08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
But Lucius is in charge now, so maybe he installed some lights.

And a second Batcave in a sub-basement of Wayne Tower is totally comic-accurate. So eat it, Richards.

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 06:36 PM
This looks like someplace you install cubicles and set up phone banks to make drones do cold-calls all day selling bunko real estate. The Batcave should never have a visible ceiling, especially a low one.

RooJay
08-22-2007, 02:47 AM
except for the fact that wayne manor burned down and alfred advised improving the cave:

Bruce Wayne: Rebuild it. Just the way it was, brick for brick.
Alfred Pennyworth: *Just* the way it was, sir?
Bruce Wayne: Yeah. Why?
Alfred Pennyworth: I thought this might be a good opportunity for improving the foundations.
Bruce Wayne: To the south-east corner?
Alfred Pennyworth: Precisely, sir.

http://www.lojadosbrinquedos.com/galeria/albums/userpics/10001/normal_luciousfox_brucewayne.jpg

the vault where lucious fox worked didn't have that kind of lighting, and it had massive support pillars, something this expansive big square un-cave-like room doesn't have. i also doubt that bruce wayne would be stupid enough to take over a room that was used by the business and turn it into a bat-room.

So you really think this is the Batcave? Dude, that would just be sad. I seriously hope you're wrong and I'm right, and not even for the more obvious reasons. Also, I recall the tumbler being test-driven in an area where the walls and lighting looked almost exactly like this. It might not have been the area where Lucius sat at his desk, but I think the general idea was that these two sets were part of the same complex. So while there may not be "massive support pillars" and "that kind of lighting" (and now that I mention it, I feel pretty strongly that Lucius' workspace actually did have overhead florescent lighting on a low ceiling), there's nothing to indicate otherwise that these images might not be in the same building.
Then there's also the fact that while Wayne Manor burned down, that the cave beneath it most likely did not. I mean, the place was made of rock after all. I've never tried setting rocks on fire before, but I'm betting they don't catch very easily.

darthvyn
08-22-2007, 09:13 AM
But Lucius is in charge now, so maybe he installed some lights.

And a second Batcave in a sub-basement of Wayne Tower is totally comic-accurate. So eat it, Richards.

i realize that, but i would think it inadvisable to place it in an area that was already used for a large-scale operation such as the R&D area of the corporation. even if it WAS manned by only one guy. better to buy real-estate around the building and make "secret passages" and the like.

So you really think this is the Batcave? Dude, that would just be sad. I seriously hope you're wrong and I'm right, and not even for the more obvious reasons.

i hope so too. i have no reason to believe that it's NOT the batcave yet until they show me an image of the actual batcave.

Also, I recall the tumbler being test-driven in an area where the walls and lighting looked almost exactly like this. It might not have been the area where Lucius sat at his desk, but I think the general idea was that these two sets were part of the same complex.

that set had much higher ceilings, though - they tested the jump capability in it for christ's sake!

So while there may not be "massive support pillars" and "that kind of lighting" (and now that I mention it, I feel pretty strongly that Lucius' workspace actually did have overhead florescent lighting on a low ceiling), there's nothing to indicate otherwise that these images might not be in the same building.

like i said above - i hope you're right, and it's an "auxiliary" batcave, but until i see solid evidence to the fact, i'm skeptical.

Then there's also the fact that while Wayne Manor burned down, that the cave beneath it most likely did not. I mean, the place was made of rock after all. I've never tried setting rocks on fire before, but I'm betting they don't catch very easily.

i wasn't implying that the CAVE burned down... just that alfred mentioned the opportunity to "improve the foundations in the south-east corner" now that the manor HAD burned down. that could include adding a "bunko real estate" cold-call center (freakin' hysterical, JT...)

hey, he has to maintain that fortune somehow...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-01-2007, 05:07 PM
There was a pumpkin up at the Jokers/WB TDK (http://www.whysoserious.com/) site over the last few weeks. After the jack o'lantern got removed, there was instructions from the joker, etcg. etc. long story short, new Joker pic!
I like it quite a bit; its' nice, errie, and creepy. What's up with his skin?!?!?! I'm liking it!! :whip:

He now has instructions for people to take pictures of themselves jokered up in their cities by November 17th and he'll give us something more. Hopefully a trailer or the WW footage or something! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2007, 05:14 PM
He now has instructions for people to take pictures of themselves jokered up in their cities by November 17th and he'll give us something more.

Awesome. I will just wear my Jets jersey, same thing.

preacher
11-01-2007, 07:48 PM
Interesting picture. Joker's hands look like they were burnt. They are completely black. Maybe thats why his face has the scarring. I'm liking this new vision of Joker more and more. Yeah Jack was a good Joker, but Ledger's is terrifying. And he should be. The Joker does some pretty twisted things in the comics.

JediTricks
11-01-2007, 08:04 PM
He's wearing gloves.

General_Grievous
11-01-2007, 08:20 PM
He now has instructions for people to take pictures of themselves jokered up in their cities by November 17th and he'll give us something more. Hopefully a trailer or the WW footage or something! :thumbsup:

On November 17th, the Joker will take off another article of clothing, and again every two weeks after that.

Awesome. I will just wear my Jets jersey, same thing.

Aw, don't be so sad. If you really want to dress like the Joker, just wear a Miami or St. Louis jersey. :p

That new Joker pic is great, but is it just me, or is he looking more like Johnny Depp than Heath Ledger?

preacher
11-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I could swear he's looking at his palms and you can see the charred cuticle, but you are probably right JT. Still a creepy looking SOB.

JetsAndHeels
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Aw, don't be so sad. If you really want to dress like the Joker, just wear a Miami or St. Louis jersey. :p

Good point, but still at this point I think both those teams are still better than the Jets.

Staying on topic, I like the pic of the Joker. I'm a Superman fan first and foremost, but I also like Batman, and I think this new flick coming out is going to be great.

Rocketboy
11-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Nicholson is off his rocker: (http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/nicholson-furious-at-ledger.php)

So how does he feel about Heath Ledger playing the Clown Prince of Crime?
“I’m furious.”
“They never asked me about a sequel with the Joker. I know how to do that! Nobody ever asked me.
“[Warner Bros] kind of drove the franchise into the ground,” Nicholson
added before saying he wouldn’t see The Dark Knight.Does he not realize that TDK isn't a sequel to his Batman series? Also does he have a beef with Mark Hamill?

El Chuxter
11-07-2007, 10:53 PM
He could play the Joker's grandfather, maybe. I love Nicholson, but he's always seemed a bit, um, screwy. Did you know that he would only consent to do Batman if Burton promised that Prince do the soundtrack? (Apparently, he's a big Prince fan.)

Funny, you think about the music from Batman now, and you think of Elfman's score. You don't remember the two or three Prince songs from the soundtrack that were actually in the movie.

And, yeah, funny that he isn't complaining about Hamill, who did a better Joker than anyone else, ever.

Rocketboy
11-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Funny, you think about the music from Batman now, and you think of Elfman's score. You don't remember the two or three Prince songs from the soundtrack that were actually in the movie.I know you have "Batdance" on your mp3 player.

2-1B
11-07-2007, 11:23 PM
"Vicki Vale, Vicki Vale, I wanna bust that body. Ooh yeah, ooh yeah."

El Chuxter
11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't have an MP3 player. I'm old school.

But I do have Batdance. (And a few other songs--never got the full soundtrack.)

General_Grievous
11-08-2007, 10:08 AM
He could play the Joker's grandfather, maybe. I love Nicholson, but he's always seemed a bit, um, screwy. Did you know that he would only consent to do Batman if Burton promised that Prince do the soundtrack? (Apparently, he's a big Prince fan.)
I thought he only agreed to do "Batman" if he got a percentage of the royalties from the merchandise?

Funny, you think about the music from Batman now, and you think of Elfman's score. You don't remember the two or three Prince songs from the soundtrack that were actually in the movie.

I remember "Party Man" and whatever the hell song played during the parade scene. I don't think "Batdance" was in the movie, but I watched the music video on the DVD. It's....different. But you're right. The main music people remember is Elfman's Batman theme.

JediTricks
11-08-2007, 05:26 PM
There's actually 5 Prince songs in the film, that's why there's 2 soundtrack albums - one from Danny Elfman and one from Prince.

2-1B
11-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I prefer Prince to Danny Elfman.

El Chuxter
11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
There's something like 10 songs on the "soundtrack."

General_Grievous
11-09-2007, 04:18 PM

If we're talking about their ability to perform, then sure, Prince beats the hell out of Elfman. Oingo Boingo sucked.

However, Elfman is a master of film composing. That's where his real talent lies.

JediTricks
11-09-2007, 09:55 PM
So does Luke Skywalker, according to Peter Griffin.

There's something like 10 songs on the "soundtrack."What? Unusued and "inspired by" tracks on a soundtrack album? Inconceivable! Don't tell John Williams though, it might make the ANH SE disc not a soundtrack.

RooJay
11-10-2007, 11:11 PM
Oingo Boingo sucked.

Yer kiddin' right? Oingo Boingo rocks the party that rocks my body!

General_Grievous
11-13-2007, 10:12 AM
Meh...I had seen enough when they performed in "Back to School". Not my cup of tea. Still love Elfman, though.

El Chuxter
11-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Danny Elfman also did the awesome score to Back to School, y'know. As far as doing weird pop music that people either love or hate, as well as doing amazing classical work, no one else comes closer to filling the void left by the late Frank Zappa.

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Steering back on topic....the Joker is coming!!!

http://www.empireonline.com/heiscoming/

Empire is slowly revealing a full-body picture of the Joker. As of right now, a third of the picture is shown, but the picture should be completed within two days, maybe less.

El Chuxter
11-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Nice socks.

2-1B
11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Interesting trousers as well.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-26-2007, 09:12 PM
also, there was a huge development in viral sites for TDK. Head over to SHH for all the goodies as they're too long for me to yap about. http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6470 :thumbsup: (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6470)

and i'm UBER excited for this new shot of the Joker although i want a damned trailer, dammit! but the Joker did say he'd see us in December, so maybe that's when the trailer will be out? Either way, i'm stoked! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 09:26 PM
and i'm UBER excited for this new shot of the Joker although i want a damned trailer, dammit! but the Joker did say he'd see us in December, so maybe that's when the trailer will be out? Either way, i'm stoked! :thumbsup:

I got it. That "see you in December" stuff refers to the "Dark Knight" clip that they're showing with "I Am Legend". I believe the first seven minutes of the movie will be shown before the IMAX showings of "I Am Legend". I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread before, but if it hasn't...here ya go:

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13230.html

The link also shows a poster but I'm not sure if it's real or not.

2-1B
11-26-2007, 09:46 PM
I was thinking that it would be really funny if they reveal the guy behind the cards and it turns out to be Martin Lawrence because it's actually a sequel to Black Knight, not Batman Begins.

Tycho
11-27-2007, 04:24 AM
Batman!

Batman!

Batman!

General_Grievous
11-27-2007, 10:10 AM
I was thinking that it would be really funny if they reveal the guy behind the cards and it turns out to be Martin Lawrence because it's actually a sequel to Black Knight, not Batman Begins.

Not gonna lie, I'd laugh like hell if that happened. The fanboys would cause a s**t-storm.

Anyway, the full pic has been leaked online already (albeit in a lower quality). So much for waiting.

joblo.com/newsimages1/jokerempire2.jpg

DarthQuack
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Grrrrrr....picture came up forbidden.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Grrrrrr....picture came up forbidden.

Have no fear good sir. http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k284/whitebrowgigs/?action=view&current=shffrpz12931291hb2.jpg

The website is almost done with their countdown, so a better shot without text will soon be up. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
11-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Yet another new Joker pic. This one's from Wizard magazine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6562

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I got it. That "see you in December" stuff refers to the "Dark Knight" clip that they're showing with "I Am Legend". I believe the first seven minutes of the movie will be shown before the IMAX showings of "I Am Legend". I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread before, but if it hasn't...here ya go:

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_13230.html

The link also shows a poster but I'm not sure if it's real or not.

I think that poster is a fan creation; THINK, mind you. And I don't know how I feel about the first seven minutes of the movie before IAL. Part of me just wants to see the film and be surprised. granted, I don't see IMAX films at all, so this isn't a big temptation to me. I just want an effin' trailer! I want to see the Joker in action. I say this now, but once the IMAX footage leaks, i'll probably watch it. hehehe

Yet another new Joker pic. This one's from Wizard magazine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6562

Beat me to it, GG! Curse you! :crazed: This is probably my favorite pic of the Joker yet; you get a good look at his getup, his makeup, his persona from his face, etc. Very intense looking! :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-30-2007, 06:49 PM
He looks like Jake Gyllenhall pushed him off the side of Brokeback Mountain and he just pulled himself out of the ravine.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2007, 07:32 PM
He looks like Jake Gyllenhall pushed him off the side of Brokeback Mountain and he just pulled himself out of the ravine.

..........wait, was that supposed to be funny or clever or something? If so.......swing and a miss! :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
No, it's a commentary on how f***ing straggly he looks.

I'm not impressed.

RooJay
12-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I think that poster is a fan creation; THINK, mind you. And I don't know how I feel about the first seven minutes of the movie before IAL. Part of me just wants to see the film and be surprised. granted, I don't see IMAX films at all, so this isn't a big temptation to me. I just want an effin' trailer! I want to see the Joker in action. I say this now, but once the IMAX footage leaks, i'll probably watch it. hehehe

Hmm, I had heard that this was supposed to be a separate short produced by Nolan featuring the Joker. You know...as opposed to just the first seven minutes of Dark Knight. Sort of a mini Joker prequel. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm with JMG, that joke landed with a resounding thud.

Personally, I'm not feeling any of these Joker images, but we'll see...

2-1B
12-01-2007, 03:01 AM
Jesus Christ, do you guys think you're sitting in a comedy club or something? :rolleyes:

Next time I'll use "feely" lingo to describe how I "feel" about The Joker.

JMG, I'm not really "feeling" the new Joker, I "feel" like he looks out of place, it kind of gives me the "feeling" that I got from Scarecrow in Batman Begins, he just "felt" out of place.

I just don't "feel" like he belongs in the Batman universe.

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 03:06 AM
I feel you overreached with that lame Brokeback Mountain reference and are now peeved about it.

2-1B
12-01-2007, 03:18 AM
Yes that's exactly it, I'm peeved that JMG didn't find something I said funny because I really care what he thinks. I desire his validation.

The last movie I saw Heath Ledger in was Brokeback Mountain (it's also his best movie, by the way). This Joker looks filthy, dingy, straggly, unkempt...as if he walked off the set of Brokeback rather than a f***ing Batman movie. I said it wasn't a joke, yet JT still said it was a joke.

I "feel" peeved that you guys are so uppity, not because you didn't "feel" something I said was unfunny.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2007, 09:21 AM
Hmm, I had heard that this was supposed to be a separate short produced by Nolan featuring the Joker. You know...as opposed to just the first seven minutes of Dark Knight. Sort of a mini Joker prequel. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I did some searching and saw this interview with Nolan on Superherohype (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6436)

IMAX preview with I Am Legend is the first five minutes of the film.
- "The whole thing is not 'Joker Begins', because we did not tell how the Joker became what he is," says Nolan. "During these five minutes it is shown how the the small crook becomes the most-dreaded gangster of the city - it is more like "The Rise of the Joker."

Maybe this has changed? Either way, i'll more than likely ***** and moan about not wanting to see the first minutes of the film........and then I'll watch it gleefully. hehehehehe :crazed:

RooJay
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I did some searching and saw this interview with Nolan on Superherohype (http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6436)

Maybe this has changed? Either way, i'll more than likely ***** and moan about not wanting to see the first minutes of the film........and then I'll watch it gleefully. hehehehehe :crazed:

Ah well, sucks for people who hate spoilers and are wanting to see Legend.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Ah well, sucks for people who hate spoilers and are wanting to see Legend.

It's only for the IMAX showings of I AM LEGEND, so you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Brokeback references need to go the way of the dinosaur, they're tired and beyond tenuous here, we'll be hearing a lot of them in the next few months and it's time to call them out now for being the lame entries they really are before they catch on.

2-1B
12-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Difference being, of course, that I LOVED that f***ing movie and have posted in its thread about how much I loved it, whereas most people just make gay jokes about that film. I did no such thing, yet got called out for it.
Anyway, get over it JT :rolleyes: ... JMG did. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
New badass promo shots have leaked. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34945

I love these shots of the Joker!! Very creepy and you get the best shots of his makeup and stuff. And he doesn't look messed up and from a ravine, so you should like them, Cae! :thumbsup:

Also, saw this on SHH! (www.superherohype.com)

In just two weeks, on December 14, Warner Bros. will release the teaser trailer for Batman Begins sequel The Dark Knight in standard theaters with I Am Legend. As was previously announced, the studio will be showing the 7-minute opening scene of "Dark Knight" before the screenings of "Legend" in IMAX.

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Wow, I don't like anything about those photos.

BTW, there are those gloves I said he was wearing. :p

2-1B
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
New badass promo shots have leaked. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34945

I love these shots of the Joker!! Very creepy and you get the best shots of his makeup and stuff. And he doesn't look messed up and from a ravine, so you should like them, Cae! :thumbsup:[/URL]

See, I dunno...he definitely looks creepy, I'll give you that, but I just dunno...maybe I'm thinking too much about the Gentleman Jack Nicholson, which is really odd because I like to be open minded about remakes / sequels / reimaginings and the like. Or maybe I'm thinking too much about Scarecrow, I definitely liked Bats Begins but that was one of the things I didn't like about it. I guess I'll just have to wait for Heath's PERFORMANCE because maybe it will work for me then. He's a great actor, I'm a fan, so we'll see what he does. :)

Wow, I don't like anything about those photos.

BTW, there are those gloves I said he was wearing. :p

The best thing about our lil p***in' contest in this thread is that we actually AGREE on our dislike for some of this Joker business. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

General_Grievous
12-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I think the picture on the right in the bottom row looks funny. It looks like he's doing a dance routine. :p

RooJay
12-04-2007, 01:22 AM
It's only for the IMAX showings of I AM LEGEND, so you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

Crap, now I've gotta drive thirty minutes away to see the darn thing!:(

Rocketboy
12-04-2007, 02:10 PM
First Six Minutes of The Dark Knight Debuted on IMAX in NYC (http://movieblog.ugo.com/index.php/movieblog/more/first_six_minutes_of_the_dark_knight_debuted_on_im ax_in_nyc/)

Our pals over at Warner Bros. called us up this morning with the best Christmas gift ever…an exclusive IMAX screening of the first six minutes of The Dark Knight. Director Christopher Nolan was on hand to present the clip to roughly one hundred New Yorkers on this frigid Monday evening.

Before the clip ran, Nolan stood before us, dramatically lit from behind by the glowing 80-foot IMAX screen. He shot several scenes using the IMAX camera; a first for a feature length film. These six minutes introduce Heath Ledger’s interpretation of The Joker to the world and Nolan’s intention was for this introduction to stand alone as a “short film.” Easily the best short film I’ve seen since Hardware Wars.

Click below and I’ll spoil the whole thing for you. If you would rather not know, know that it is badass. Forget Nicholson, “The Laughing Fish,” Caesar Romero, Mark Hamill and The Killing Joke. Heath Ledger’s Joker is THE definitive Joker. Click the link above for the SPOILERS!

Sounds awesome!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Dammit Rocketboy, you beat me to it!

Here is some information on the montage clips:

As the Joker made his getaway, the sequence ended, but before the lights returned, the audience was treated to quick tantalizing flashes of the rest of the film. The Joker firing what looks to be an automatic weapon in a city street. Police Commissioner Gordon raising an ax dramatically. Batman whizzing by in his batpod. And finally, Gordon lowering the ax, destroying what we see now was the bat signal. Troubled times clearly await in Gotham. And it's clear who's to blame.

Sounds AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Hate to double post, BUT, the teaser poster is up!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6571

I love that line: "Why So Serious?"

Very nifty! :thumbsup:

2-1B
12-04-2007, 05:22 PM
That's an awesome poster, the lipstick bats logo is pretty clever. :)

General_Grievous
12-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Pure awesomeness. And now I have to see "I Am Legend" in IMAX for that clip.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2007, 09:22 AM
God bless youtubers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylGUNzoz8cE

Looks INCREDIBLE. Ledger IS the Joker. I'm so stoked. Hurry before its taken down! :thumbsup:

Beast
12-14-2007, 10:14 AM
It looks ok. But I think much like Batman Begins, give me the Burton films any day.

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Wow. Looks like Ledger may be the one live-action guy to be on the same level as Mark Hamill.

2-1B
12-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Looks alright, certainly a better villain than Scarecrow.

General_Grievous
12-14-2007, 10:58 AM
My God, that was amazing. I can't wait for this movie. Heath Ledger looks like he may even outdo Nicholson.

Beast
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Looks alright, certainly a better villain than Scarecrow.
You can't get much worse than Scarecrow. Except maybe Arnold as Mr. Freeze. :p

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Jon Lovitz as Gentleman Ghost

Kevin James as Tweedledee and Tweedledum

Chris Tucker as the Puzzler

Steven Seagal as King Snake

Vern Troyer as Bat-Mite

Shall I continue?

2-1B
12-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Lanny as Lan-Thing

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Ted Nugent as The Penguin

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2007, 12:09 PM
WB has taken down the YT trailer. Here's a new link: http://rated-m.blogspot.com/2007/12/dark-knight-full-trailer-leaked.html

WB just needs to release the trailer already. It's too late to stop any sharing of links. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
12-14-2007, 01:54 PM
More frightening: The Joker or Maggie Gyllenhaal?

JediTricks
12-14-2007, 03:09 PM
Wow, you guys talked up that performance so much, I'm not seeing it at all. There's a little of the Jack impression buried in there and then the rest doesn't seem particularly Jokery to me.

General_Grievous
12-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Well, I saw the IMAX sneak preview today when I saw "I Am Legend". It was awesome, but I didn't get as excited as I did when I saw the trailer (even though it was leaked on YouTube and the quality wasn't that great). Still, it kicked an equal amount of ***. It was still cool to get another glimpse of The Joker. The scene was a bank robbery, which I'm assuming could be the same one mentioned at the end of "Batman Begins". The William Fichtner cameo as the shotgun-toting bank manager was awesome. The montage of film clips that followed the scene gave more glimpses at the Batpod and a shot of Commissioner Gordon at the batsignal that made me gasp. Final verdict? July can't come soon enough.

By the way, the trailer will officially premiere online tomorrow at this site:

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Anybody else getting tired of the viral marketing for a movie that was destined to be next summer's blockbuster anyway?

General_Grievous
12-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah. But then again, I haven't paid attention to any of it besides the "I Believe in Harvey Dent" campaign back in May and this online trailer premiere.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Very nice trailer, looks to be very promising. Can't wait to see it.

General_Grievous
12-16-2007, 07:34 PM
The trailer's up now! Clicky the linky!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-16-2007, 07:44 PM
The trailer's up now! Clicky the linky!

Or you can click here: http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/deathtrap/default.htm to be taken right to it. SO. EXCITED. :thumbsup:

RooJay
12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
I definitely was not sold on Heath Ledger as the Joker...until I saw this! Looks incredible! This is a Joker I would actually be frightened of. Looks to me like this performance may catapult movie Joker to the psychotic monster levels of Michael Myers, Leatherface, Jason Voorhees and - dare I say it - Hannibal Lecter! I got chills!

General_Grievous
12-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I think we can rule out any Nicholson/Ledger comparisons, too. The way I see it, Nicholson's Joker was Al Capone, and Ledger's Joker is Charles Manson.

RooJay
12-19-2007, 12:36 AM
I think we can rule out any Nicholson/Ledger comparisons, too. The way I see it, Nicholson's Joker was Al Capone, and Ledger's Joker is Charles Manson.

Agreed. Besides, the only Nicholson Joker I see in Ledger's Joker is actually Caesar Romero's Joker.:D

Qui-Long Gone
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
I definitely was not sold on Heath Ledger as the Joker...until I saw this! Looks incredible! This is a Joker I would actually be frightened of. Looks to me like this performance may catapult movie Joker to the psychotic monster levels of Michael Myers, Leatherface, Jason Voorhees and - dare I say it - Hannibal Lecter! I got chills!

If you want real chills catch Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men.....he makes these guys look like boy scouts....

I'm not too sold on Ledger's Joker as being that terrifying, but it is nice to see him as a socio-path!

Is it just me or is this a bright looking movie? (I mean all the shots are just a little too well lit....think compared to the dock fight sequence in Begins)

scruffziller
12-22-2007, 08:31 PM
What is really cool with this series of Batman films is that the mythology is taking on a new form. Which, to a degree, is somewhat analogous to what the WB(TV Channel) is doing with Superman, etc. Which at first I had interpreted as trying to remove the geekiness to pave way for a wider, less geeky audience. As true as that still is, it gives us a brand of the mythos that gives it new life. More so in these new Batman films. What is happening here is a stripping away of the myth and legend elements of the stories. What happens when you strip away those elements? You are left with only one thing, the history. Many years from now, the story of Bret Favre catching his own pass will undoubtedly endow him with superhuman abilities. This is because the use of legend and myth to fill in gaps of details is much more exciting. These Batman movies are Batman as if it were to happen in real life. To my knowledge, there has never been an incarnation of the Joker where he was not an acid mutated freak. At least in the established cannon. From what I can tell from this movie, this Joker is just a psycho that simply dresses up like he does with makeup. It is a much more realistic premise for this Batman universe.
For those of you who think he is out of place; he would be in the 1989 film, but not this one. This is Batman for the history books, not the comic books.

scruffziller
12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I think we can rule out any Nicholson/Ledger comparisons, too.

I disagree as far as the mannerisms. But listen to the voice. Very Nicholson-esque. If not his Joker, at least an influence in style.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2008, 10:27 AM
A pic from the upcoming figure line from the Four Horsemen.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=DC+Comic+Toys%2FMovie_Master%2FBatman_Hyper_ Figure&pic=Movie_Master.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0

Looks VERY good. For those of you who aren't aware, 4H are creating a line of collector oriented figures for Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. The first wave is set to include: Batman (BB), Batman (TDK), Joker, and Two Face (correct me if i'm wrong, Binks). More info to follow at Toyfair! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Looks pretty good. If they look good, I might just pick up a Batman and Joker.

2-1B
01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
What do you guys think they will call the third film in this branch of the franchise?

I do like the names of the first two so far, I love the way the sequel doesn't SOUND like a sequel title. :)

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Link doesn't work now. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Never fear, Bossman. :thumbsup:

Beast
01-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Honestly, I don't like the look of the figure. It's too... clunky. :p

General_Grievous
01-08-2008, 10:32 PM
What do you guys think they will call the third film in this branch of the franchise?

"THE MOTHERF***IN' BATMAN"

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm not sure if my feelings are "don't like" yet, but I do agree that it looks clunky.

Thanks for the image though JMG! :cool:

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
The third film will be called The Mudpack, and will feature Clayface (Christopher Lee) as the main villain.

RooJay
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Looks to be a little less articulated than the regular DCU figures to me. Which would be a bit of a shame, though this is surely a prototype and may not yet have all of it's tooling done yet.

For the second sequel might I suggest the following: Shadow of the Batman, Dark Victory, Batman: Gotham Knights (maybe if they decide to work in Robin), Batman Beyond, Batman: Return of the Demon (if they decide it's a trilogy and want to bring it full circle by bringing back Ra's)

...I don't know, kind of hard without a story yet.

2-1B
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
I hope they don't work in Robin, that would be a fast track to Schumacherville.

General_Grievous
01-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Nolan has said "we won't include Robin" until he was blue in the face.

RooJay
01-10-2008, 01:25 AM
Robin has been an important and successful element of the Batman story since 1940. Just because Joel Schumacher couldn't make him work doesn't mean he can't work in film at all. I'd like to point out that Joel Schumacher couldn't even make Batman work in his own film. The success of the character would have nothing to do with the concept itself, but instead depends on how the character is presented. Regardless of the fact that Nolan has made statements indicating that he won't be using Robin, I'm certain he (or any number of other directors if that's what it comes down to) could make Robin work within the framework of Nolan's Batman universe. I'm not implying that I believe we will ever see a Christopher Nolan version of Robin, but anything is still possible.

Rocketboy
01-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Well as long a Robin, The BOY Wonder isn't 35 like the previous version...

General_Grievous
01-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Robin has been an important and successful element of the Batman story since 1940. Just because Joel Schumacher couldn't make him work doesn't mean he can't work in film at all. I'd like to point out that Joel Schumacher couldn't even make Batman work in his own film. The success of the character would have nothing to do with the concept itself, but instead depends on how the character is presented. Regardless of the fact that Nolan has made statements indicating that he won't be using Robin, I'm certain he (or any number of other directors if that's what it comes down to) could make Robin work within the framework of Nolan's Batman universe. I'm not implying that I believe we will ever see a Christopher Nolan version of Robin, but anything is still possible.
I thought it was a universally accepted truth that Batman works better alone. :confused:

El Chuxter
01-10-2008, 12:23 PM
He works best with Alfred.

darthvyn
01-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Never fear, Bossman. :thumbsup:

shoulder pads are so 80's.

El Chuxter
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
No, they're so early 90s. Like bandoliers, huge guns, and enormous thighs.

Just ask Rob.

Beast
01-10-2008, 04:47 PM
No, they're so early 90s. Like bandoliers, huge guns, and enormous thighs.

Just ask Rob.
Everything old is horrific again.

2-1B
01-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Robin may have worked in the Adam West version of Batman but the "overtones" suited that show well...they don't need to mix Robin into the movies whether it's Burton, Schumacher, or Nolan doing it.

RooJay
01-11-2008, 02:27 AM
I thought it was a universally accepted truth that Batman works better alone. :confused:

Sixty-seven years (and counting) worth of comics stories indicate otherwise. Of course, your mileage may vary. At some point (unless the current film universe is ended before the story gets there) I'm going to have to insist on Robin at some point, personally. Not that I'm that big a fan of the character, but that he is unfortunately for many very much a part of the Batman legend. I'm betting most fans would agree with me.

El Chuxter
01-11-2008, 02:50 AM
As long as he's not a middle-aged Dick Grayson who acts like Jason Todd, a la the last franchise.

I think Tim could be interesting, if they play a variation on the story of comic book Tim deducing Batman's identity. Maybe combine aspects of him and Jason; have him be a homeless kid who figures out who Batman is and demands to be brought along for the ride.

darthvyn
01-11-2008, 08:58 AM
As long as he's not a middle-aged Dick Grayson who acts like Jason Todd, a la the last franchise.

I think Tim could be interesting, if they play a variation on the story of comic book Tim deducing Batman's identity. Maybe combine aspects of him and Jason; have him be a homeless kid who figures out who Batman is and demands to be brought along for the ride.

much like how they did the second robin in the animated series when it was on the kidsWB.

basically i think warner bros. should just hire bruce timm and paul dini to work on every single movie they franchise out of DC comics.

RooJay
01-11-2008, 09:00 AM
I always liked the origin of the gang of sidekicks (the Trouble Boys) for Jack-in-the-Box in Kurt Busiek's Astro City. They were originally gang kids who started emulating Jack as a way to keep out of real trouble. They started to re-channel their energy and aggressions by following along side the hero while he was out on patrol (developing an athletic style not unlike the street sport of Parkour) and occasionally helping him out. One of them eventually became his protege and eventually takes over the role for the first Jack. I've always loved that story, and I think something similar would make for an excellent origin for Robin in the films. Maybe Batman brings his parent's killer to justice, and he ends up following Bats around trying to get the Dark Knight to train him. Sort of like a cross between Jason and Tim (and perhaps somewhat inspired by the similar attempt by Incredi-Boy/Syndrome from The Incredibles - which is a fantastic movie by the way, for those who haven't yet bought the DVD) as you suggest. Of course, he'll have to be Dick Grayson however. Then eventually Batman decides it's safer and easier to just make the kid his sidekick. Somebody get me Chris Nolan on the phone...

General_Grievous
01-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Sixty-seven years (and counting) worth of comics stories indicate otherwise.

True, but then Frank Miller came along with "Batman: Year One" and turned everything on its ear.

At some point (unless the current film universe is ended before the story gets there) I'm going to have to insist on Robin at some point, personally.

That seems unlikely, since given the timeline of the movie, Dick Grayson would only be about ten years old.

Beast
01-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Here's some pics of the 6" collectors line from The Four Horseman.

Still hate the suit, the face sculpt doesn't look like Bale, and the Joker's goon is uninspired. The first wave of the Collector's Series is supposed to be the following. :p

1. Batman (The Dark Knight Costume)
2. The Joker
3. Scarecrow
4. Joker goon 1
5. Joker goon 2
6. Batman (Battle Damaged Begins Costume)

Supposedly Series 2, will include Two-Face and Firefly done in the "Nolan" style.

And here's some other pics. Really don't like the new movie costume at all.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6680

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-12-2008, 11:51 PM
uninspired?!?! Dude, you can ALWAYS use more figures of goons. Growing up, that was one of my biggest complaints that toy lines, especially superhero lines, didn't have any goons and whatnot. You're crazy! :whip:

I think they all look really solid and it does look kinda like Bale. I think your hatred of this franchise clouds your judgment. Maybe they'll have a chase figure of Brett Ratner with X3 script and franchise destroying action? :p

Thanks for postin' em, binks! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-13-2008, 01:03 AM
Wow, besides the Bale headsculpt (which isn't bad, but just passable), those look great. Makes the "Batman Begins" line look like crap. Why aren't they revealing the Joker figure? It can't be a secrecy thing. We've already seen plenty of pictures of him since the summer.

JetsAndHeels
01-13-2008, 01:26 PM
I think the figures look damn good if I say so myself, and I am not even a big batman fan. I too wonder why the Joker has not been revealed. I have a feeling that is the main one people will want to get.

darthvyn
01-13-2008, 03:03 PM
uninspired?!?! Dude, you can ALWAYS use more figures of goons. Growing up, that was one of my biggest complaints that toy lines, especially superhero lines, didn't have any goons and whatnot. You're crazy! :whip:

not true, the original batman movie series had a "bob" figure. remember, he was the joker's number-one guy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2008, 03:07 PM
not true, the original batman movie series had a "bob" figure. remember, he was the joker's number-one guy.

lol I stand corrected!! Let me rephrase: for the most part, goon figures for superhero lines aren't released. Better? :crazed:

Beast
01-13-2008, 04:13 PM
The Bob the Goon figure was awesome. Shame that the Joker wasn't movie accurate.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-13-2008, 05:27 PM
The Bob the Goon figure was awesome. Shame that the Joker wasn't movie accurate.

I remember the Bob figure being stellar too, but man, he was a pain in the a-- to stand due to his kicking leg!! And the Joker was awesome too, for what it was. The squirting flower was cool and he came with a pimp cane and hat. I love that figure! :thumbsup:

JetsAndHeels
01-13-2008, 05:55 PM
"Bob...gun."

<gunshot>

Still cracks me up. :)

RooJay
01-13-2008, 07:54 PM
True, but then Frank Miller came along with "Batman: Year One" and turned everything on its ear.

Uh huh, uh huh...I see what your sayin', but even in that story's continuity Robin eventually came along and still worked. I never said that Batman is cool when he's goin' solo, just that Robin is and should be part of his story at some point whether it be in comics or in film.

That seems unlikely, since given the timeline of the movie, Dick Grayson would only be about ten years old.

That's about in line with the comics' version of Robin. Plus, there's no hard and steady rule in sequels that says one has to pick up directly after the other one left off. Three years actually passes off screen between ANH and ESB; no reason that can't happen with a subsequent Batman sequel. Besides that there's no reason the movie Robin couldn't be as old as sixteen/seveteen when his story comes into play. Movie Robin would be as old as he needs to be; it's not like he has to have already been born at some pre-determined point in the film universe's timeline.They always tend to take such liberties when adapting comics to film anyway (worst case scenario, look at Joel Schumacher's version.) My point is that it's still certainly possible, and it could still possibly work.

El Chuxter
01-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Firefly is going to be in The Dark Knight?

Beast
01-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Firefly is going to be in The Dark Knight?
I think he's in the upcoming 'Prequel' animated DVD, set before The Dark Night.

JediTricks
01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Man, that Batman figure looks like he's wearing sports gear for ninjas, not good.

Robin has no place in the Batman movie universe IMO. Robin was added to Batman early on to make it more appealing to kids, it's totally pandering. And he's generally a pretty happy kid in those, which is downright creepy. Robin took a dark, scary Batman and made him "safe" - this is not something that should be done in the movies. It'd also take away from the realism of these movies.

Jargo
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
realism? this is batman we're talking about. pure fantasy. what's real?

General_Grievous
01-23-2008, 09:45 PM
It's not really realism. It's just that a grown man fighting crime with an underage boy in tights is just....creepy.

RooJay
01-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Only, since this is the movies we're talking about we all know he wouldn't be wearing tights and he'd probably barely be a kid anyway.

Jargo
01-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Bruce wayne adopting a kid left orphaned in a crime where the parents get shot would be nice. would give them empathy with each other. a starting bond. a catalyst for the kid to seek revenge on the shooter and a perfect opportunity for bruce to see himself reflected. then to tackle the harnesing of the kids hatred and turn it to a more useful angle thereby creating his own sidekick. Robin is a dumb name though. the only thing it conjures up for me is fat little birds with red chest feathers and irritating high pitched twittering.

Richard Grayson to Robin. how the hell do you do that and retain any credibility? you could get round it by simply not using the robin pseudonym. refer to him as richard or without using his name.

I'd like to see the Robin character in the movies because to me it is Batman and Robin. no matter which version of events the movies follow. Batman doesn't feel right without a sidekick. and how about giving Robin some decent skills like Parkour prowess and chuck norris combat style. cast an unknown actor. give him very little to say. include a scene where michael caine delivers an oscar winning performance with an emotive soliloqy. the one that causes robin to quit acting like a jerk and start getting with the programme. retread old ground if necessary just need to do it better than it's been done before. and lose the wisecracks and tights and cape.

did you know that a baby bat is called a pup? apparently so. shark babies are also called pups. and Gerbil babies. that's disappointing. i was hoping it would be more exciting and offer a possible new name for Robin.

El Chuxter
01-24-2008, 01:22 PM
I heard that they are using footage of Cesar Romero to fill in the pickup shots of the Joker. Is this true?

JetsAndHeels
01-24-2008, 01:49 PM
It's not really realism. It's just that a grown man fighting crime with an underage boy in tights is just....creepy.

As George Clooney said,

"This is why Superman works alone."

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2008, 04:02 PM
I heard that they are using footage of Cesar Romero to fill in the pickup shots of the Joker. Is this true?

please tell me you're kidding.

Ledger is done with his filming. All of his work is completed and it's done. Nolan doesn't do reshoots, so right now, they're just adding any CGI, music, editing, etc. The film itself is finished.

El Chuxter
01-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Please tell me you really are kidding about thinking I was not kidding.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2008, 06:57 PM
lol Chux. If you be good to me, oh, i'll be good to you, and we'll both drive home in my auto-mo-bile.

WHYSOSERIOUS was updated today: http://www.whysoserious.com/

I think it's a pretty nice, little tribute to Ledger.

General_Grievous
01-24-2008, 08:03 PM
As George Clooney said,

"This is why Superman works alone."

George didn't do his homework. He obviously never heard of the Justice League. :p

Rocketboy
01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
George didn't do his homework. He obviously never heard of the Justice League. :pOr the awesomeness of Beppo.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Apparently, the executive who came up with this viral advertising campaign for TDK quit recently, so between that and Ledger's death, WB has no idea what to do about all this.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/01/24/ledger.films/index.html

General_Grievous
01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
Well, they can just drop the viral campaign anyway. I always saw those as ways to tide over the fans until the trailer came out. The trailer's been out for a month, so I don't think the viral campaign is needed anymore. They'll probably be focusing on other means of publicity soon, like merchandising, but it'll be difficult for everyone in the press junkets without Ledger.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 12:29 AM
A viral campaign for one of the most recognizable brands of modern pop culture never made any damn sense to me anyway.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
I honestly don't get why they're even debating this: you keep the campaign and viral stuff going as is. To alter it or somehow try to mask that Ledger was in the film is kind of an insult to Ledger. It's a shame he died, but the character he portrayed is still very much alive and to act like he's not in the film is just assinine.

Delay the marketing blitz, yes, sure, that i can agree with, but altering it is just dumb. We know he's in the film, celebrate it, don't hide it.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 09:39 PM
They change it because "why so serious?" takes on an entirely new and unpleasant real-world connotation otherwise, one which would likely drive customers away from the film. I absolutely wouldn't use it if I were in their place.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Nolan had this to say about Ledger. http://www.darkknightblog.com/2008/01/27/chris-nolan-remembers-heath-ledger/

Very nice tribute.

JediTricks
01-27-2008, 06:28 PM
That was an excellent post from Nolan, it frames Ledger's death in a much better light than the media is portraying, one of a loss rather than of a destruction.

General_Grievous
01-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Agreed. That was a very heartfelt expression from Nolan. I wonder if Ledger's costars like Christian Bale and Michael Caine will follow suit.

JediTricks
01-28-2008, 03:40 PM
I wonder if Michael Caine had any scenes with Ledger at all. I'm kinda doubting it.

General_Grievous
01-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Well, probably not, but I'd assume he'd be on set, considering how much Caine praised Ledger's performance.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-28-2008, 06:31 PM
I wonder if Michael Caine had any scenes with Ledger at all. I'm kinda doubting it.

They have at least one scene together from what I know. If you watch the trailer, the scene where the Joker breaks up that party and shoots the shotgun in the air, Alfred is standing right behind him, so i'm assuming he's crashing up a party that Bruce was having.

I read a hysterical article months ago where caine complimented Ledger's performance and he mentioned how he and Ledger had gone out to a few clubs and bars over the course of filming. It gave me a great laugh.

LTBasker
01-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Yup, here's a pic of Alfred and the Joker.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9244/45328631sr6pb2.jpg

According to Michael Caine, it was the first time he had seen Ledger in the Joker make-up. When Ledger appeared, Caine was so shocked he yelled "F-ing hell!" Unfortunately, they had to reshoot it.

Too bad he didn't yell bloody hell, it would've been perfect.

Beast
01-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Unfortunatly, it looks like they'll have to dub Heath Ledger's role. :(

Dark Knight Faces Challenge: No Recorded Ledger Dialogue?!?!
posted by Kristen in Movies at 07:47 PM on 2008.01.27
Source: E! Online

Warner Brother's summer tentpole, The Dark Knight, the sequel to the highly successful Batman Begins could be a word of trouble after E! Online's "The Awful Truth" reported this week that Heath Ledger had not recorded his dialogue for the film.

The actor had yet to loop any of his dialogue before his untimely death this past week. Dialogue looping is essential to post-production of a film and all actors must come back at a later time to record their lines. Sadly Ledger had zero finished recordings.

A similar situation occured on the set of Gladiator when actor Oliver Reed died although in that incident he had partially looped his dialogue and through digital manipulation the audio specialists were able to recreate his voice perfectly and finish the film. That is not the case in this instance since Ledger had not recorded any lines.

Warners had not acknowledged this at this point, all "Awful Truth" reporter Ted Casablancas was able to find out according to a studio insider was "Someone will have to dub his voice. It's the only way."

This comes hot on the heels of speculation on how Warners will conduct their marketing campaign for the movie now since it was set to focus on Ledger's character The Joker, a performance that many are saying is the darkest, scariest role in years, especially for Ledger.

Ledger passed away on Tuesday of what cops are saying is a drug-related overdose. Toxicology reports are expected in the next few weeks to definitively say what killed the star.

The Dark Knight is set to hit theaters July 18th.
http://enewsi.com/news.php?catid=190&itemid=12562

2-1B
01-29-2008, 11:49 PM
If that's true, this movie's tanked.

I don't believe it's true, though. :thumbsup:

Beast
01-30-2008, 12:23 AM
If that's true, this movie's tanked.

I don't believe it's true, though. :thumbsup:
Nah. Just get Mark Hammil in to voice the Joker. Done. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah, according to this article on EW, his post production work was done.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20174829,00.html

While the mourning continues, Hollywood grapples with uncomfortable questions about Ledger's final two projects. Internet message boards have been heavy with discussion about whether he'd fully completed his work as the Joker in Christopher Nolan's summer blockbuster The Dark Knight. The movie's shoot wrapped in November, but most F/X-driven films require significant time in postproduction since actors often return to the studio to re-record their lines. According to a Warner Bros. insider, all of Ledger's work on the Batman Begins sequel has been completed. What's not yet clear is whether its marketing strategy — ads prominently featuring Ledger in grotesque Joker makeup with the tagline ''Why So Serious?'' are on display in theaters — will eventually change.

The E! article was posted on the 27th and the EW was posted on the 30th, so maybe they just had to get confirmation.

I also read on AICN that Ledger was done with all his post work as he wanted to concentrate on the role he had in Terry Gilliams new film. Makes sense.

DarthBrandon
01-30-2008, 05:39 PM
I'd have to say total rubbish to E! Online's article, almost as credible as the National Enquirer IMHO.

LTBasker
01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
I just don't see that as likely... The time isn't fitting as I recall an article mentioning that filming was done with back in October. That means they waited 2 1/2-3 months to do recording? I could see waiting a couple weeks to a whole month, but 3 would be ridiculous.

Plus, the trailer has pretty clear audio, I doubt they lifted that off of the footage.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2008, 09:23 AM
Joker's figure. I like it. Although i'm still curious how they're going to do this. The store i have my pre-orders with took down the TDK section and none of my other online places have anything up yet. I'm assuming it's still under discussion, but I don't see the figure getting yanked.

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm not sure I want to get into another toy line, even for TDK, but that looks magnificent.

Totally random, but I wonder if there are any nods to Jack Nicholson's Joker? It'd be funny to see Joker refer to the town needing an enema. Just a thought.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Totally random, but I wonder if there are any nods to Jack Nicholson's Joker? It'd be funny to see Joker refer to the town needing an enema. Just a thought.

Yeah, that'd be really horrible idea, dude. Why reference that Joker?? What could it add to the film? Bad, bad bad idea. :whip:

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 11:28 AM
An Easter Egg for fans that wouldn't detract from the movie. Sort of like Zzasz. Why include him in Batman Begins? He didn't add a damned thing. Therefore, he shouldn't have been there. The movie would've been so much better without him. They need to go back and cut Dr Connors from the Spidey movies, too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2008, 11:42 AM
An Easter Egg for fans that wouldn't detract from the movie. Sort of like Zzasz. Why include him in Batman Begins? He didn't add a damned thing. Therefore, he shouldn't have been there. The movie would've been so much better without him. They need to go back and cut Dr Connors from the Spidey movies, too.

HUGE difference between adding in characters from the comic universe and referencing other films from other directors from other times who had different visions/ideas. I would think you of all people would complain to high heaven about something like that. :confused:

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 11:51 AM
No, because there are nods to earlier incarnations of characters in just about every comic book movie I can think of.

I'm not talking about Joker walking out of his office and loudly proclaiming, "This town needs an enema!" Something that heavy-handed would be a bad idea, and would be about as welcome as a Sherman Memorial in downtown Savannah.

I'm referring to something subtler; maybe at some point, Joker is in a stressful situation (his car's been blown up, Batman's chased him into the sewers, I dunno--I'm avoiding anything to do with plot with this movie) and is mumbling something almost incoherent, and the last line sounds like "needs a fragging enema!"

Hell, I was just using that as an example. It doesn't even have to be that line.

Nolan put in a reference to the classic "What are you?" scene from the 1989 movie that came dangerously close to being blatant, but worked beautifully. If there's something similar acknowledging the Joker in past films, I'd just want it to be anything other than the obvious "If you gotta go, go with a smile" line.

And certainly not as ridiculous as the "Holy rusted metal! The metal--it's rusty, it has holes," bit from Batman Forever. I laughed the first time I heard that. It didn't hold up well.

Like I said, just a thought anyway.

General_Grievous
02-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Regarding the figure, you can bet that I'll be picking up a Joker and Batman. That looks freakin' amazing! I didn't know Mattel had it in them! I just hope that heartless idiots don't try to scalp the figure to try and make some cash off of Heath Ledger's death.

Regarding the subtle reference to Nicholson's Joker in "The Dark Knight"...have you guys forgotten the trailer already? I thought that the Joker's showdown with Bats on the batpod near the end of the trailer was a blatant reference to the scene in the '89 "Batman" where Batman flies headlong towards the Joker in the batwing.

darthvyn
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
check it out, they're doing a 6-part DVD of animated shorts to "bridge the gap" between BB and TDK:

A first look at Batman: Gotham Knight is now below! Directed by Bruce W. Timm, the direct-to-DVD six-part anthology film bridge the gap between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. The writers include Brian Azzarello, Alan Burnett, Jordan Goldberg, David S. Goyer, Josh Olson and Greg Rucka.

long preview vid at the link below...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6798

JediTricks
02-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Pretty cool. I couldn't sit through all 10 mins, it's a little dry and I have stuff to do today, but I skimmed through and liked what I saw.

General_Grievous
02-15-2008, 03:03 PM
I just hope it's better than the carpy "Superman: Doomsday" movie.

darthvyn
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM
the names attached alone have me more interested in this than the actual movie. azzarello, rucka AND bruce timm??? sign me up.

General_Grievous
02-18-2008, 04:58 PM
It appears that, in addition to TDK Batman, Joker, and the Goon in the 6-inch line, we're also getting a "Fear Toxin" Batman (as seen from Crane's point of view) from "Begins". Interesting...

2-1B
02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
That's hot.

General_Grievous
02-19-2008, 11:12 PM
SPOILERS

Big news, guys. I found these (very blurry) pictures of the Two-Face figure from "The Dark Knight". If you don't want to be spoiled by looking at them, I will say that it looks awesome. It seems like they were really inspired by Tim Sale's art in "The Long Halloween".

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080220c.php

2-1B
02-19-2008, 11:14 PM
That's a pretty poor likeness of Tommy Lee Jones.

El Chuxter
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Freaking awesome!!

I didn't want to be spoiled on anything about this movie. But I couldn't pass up seeing pics of the greatest Batman villain of all time. (He's even better than the crazy kid with the red cape, gold mask, and taser rod, which is saying quite a bit.)

Rocketboy
02-19-2008, 11:23 PM
More possible SPOILERS:

Some info on a possible character that hasn't been mentioned yet. (http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movie-news/sarah-jayne-dunn-is-harley-quinn-in-the-dark-knight.php)

Could be cool...if done right and it looks like Christopher Nolan knows what he's doing with these Batman movies.

General_Grievous
02-19-2008, 11:28 PM
In the meantime, here are some pictures from the "kiddie" Dark Knight line.

To the left is The Joker, which looks more like an animated-style figure than anything. (FYI, it also comes with a boxing glove that shoots out of a rocket launcher)

In the center is a picture of what looks very much like Deathstroke from "Teen Titans". What, is he having a cameo in the movie, too?

Finally, there's another picture of the "Movie Masters" Joker figure (which now kinda looks like Crispin Glover). The paint looks a little sloppy, but I'm sure this one was hand-painted.

RooJay
02-20-2008, 04:46 AM
In the meantime, here are some pictures from the "kiddie" Dark Knight line.

To the left is The Joker, which looks more like an animated-style figure than anything. (FYI, it also comes with a boxing glove that shoots out of a rocket launcher)

In the center is a picture of what looks very much like Deathstroke from "Teen Titans". What, is he having a cameo in the movie, too?

Finally, there's another picture of the "Movie Masters" Joker figure (which now kinda looks like Crispin Glover). The paint looks a little sloppy, but I'm sure this one was hand-painted.

Perhaps Deathstroke is just being done as a 'movie style' figure similar to the Firefly figure? That'd be my guess. Not too spectacular a design really - considering how much cooler a movie version of the character really could be.

General_Grievous
02-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Perhaps Deathstroke is just being done as a 'movie style' figure similar to the Firefly figure? That'd be my guess. Not too spectacular a design really - considering how much cooler a movie version of the character really could be.
Well, IIRC, Firefly is supposed to be in the animated prequel film. Maybe Deathstroke is in that one too?

El Chuxter
02-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Not as far as I know. Firefly, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Scarecrow, and Deadshot. Deadshot is "re-envisioned" to look less like the DC character (who had a very slight resemblance to Deathstroke), and there's no way he could pass for Deathstroke.

Of course, I've only seen five villains, and there are six short films, so it's possible. I can't imagine they'd include two slightly similar mercenaries with names that are so close, though.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Pics of the Harvey Dent figure leaked. They contain SERIOUS SPOILERAGE.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6819

General_Grievous
02-20-2008, 11:09 PM
A little late there, Guyute. :p

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-21-2008, 12:26 AM
A little late there, Guyute. :p

lol didn't even see it. I read about it this morning, not realizing it leaked last night. I figured any posts I missed were just posts from Chux complaining about something anyway. :p just messin' Chuxster. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
02-21-2008, 08:22 AM
No, no, no, no. This isn't Indiana Jones or Hulk. It's Batman. Unless we have another B&R fiasco on our hands, I'll praise this one until my dying day. (Or until it's obvious they wasted Tommy Lee Jones' talent.)

preacher
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Pic of Two Face from the movie, not the toy. Probably before the CGI is added. Page has some other cool pictures.

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/art_dark_knight.html

General_Grievous
02-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Sorry to blow the excitement, preacher, but those pics were confirmed as fake a long time ago. :(

Rocketboy
02-26-2008, 09:32 AM
Batman: Gotham Knight will be out on July 8 in single and two-disc editions:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6849

DC Comics, Warner Premiere, Warner Home Video and Warner Bros. Animation have collaborated to create a unique Batman experience in Batman: Gotham Knight. The all-new, original movie will arrive July 8, 2008 on DVD and Blu-ray Disc. Order due date is June 3, 2008. The original movie will also be available OnDemand and Pay-per-View as well as available for download on the same day as release date, July 8, 2008.

Batman: Gotham Knight is a fresh and exciting new entry into the Batman mythos, spinning out of a 40-year history in animation including the Emmy®-winning Batman: The Animated Series, widely considered a pivotal moment in American animation. A cross section of distinguished creators, award winning producers, and acclaimed writers weave six interlocking stories that reveal Bruce Wayne’s journey to Dark Knight, each with stylish art from some of the world’s most revered animation visionaries.

Batman: Gotham Knight was headed by an impressive list of directors who have brought their distinctly different anime styles to the classic Batman character. The production was divided among three renowned studios – Studio 4ºC, Production I.G and Madhouse – and included the truly inimitable visions of directors Shojiro Nishimi, Futoshi Higashide, Hiroshi Morioka, Yasuhiro Aoki and Toshiyuki Kubooka. With stories written by several of the most talented writers of film, comic books, and animation, including Academy Award®-nominated screenwriter Josh Olson (A History of Violence), David S. Goyer (Batman Begins), Emmy®-winner Alan Burnett (Batman: The Animated Series), Jordan Goldberg (Associate Producer, The Dark Knight), and award-winning comics writers Greg Rucka and Brian Azzarello, Batman: Gotham Knight presents thrilling new adventures of Batman that spotlight several of Gotham City’s most dangerous villains, including the fearsome Scarecrow, the freakish Killer Croc and the unnerving marksman known as Deadshot. Batman: Gotham Knight is produced by Emma Thomas (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight), Michael Uslan & Benjamin Melniker (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight), Toshi Hiruma and Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series).

Batman: Gotham Knight will be available on DVD for $24.98 SRP. There will also be a 2-disc Special Edition DVD available for $29.98 SRP which contains additional bonus features. All the content from the 2-disc Special Edition DVD will be available on Blu-ray Disc for $34.99 SRP.

Batman: Gotham Knight DVD will feature incredible extras including:

“A Mirror for the Bat: The Evil Denizens of Gotham City” - A stimulating documentary covering Gotham City’s most nefarious of characters, combined with a look into the symbiotic relationship Batman shares with his enemies.

“Sneak Peek: Wonder Woman” - DC Universe animated original movie
Audio Commentary - Featuring the filmmakers of Gotham Knight.

Widescreen (1.78:1)

5.1 Dolby Digital

The 2-disc Special Edition DVD will feature even more incredible extras including:

“Batman and Me a Devotion of Destiny: The Bob Kane Story” - The comprehensive chronology of the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.

“Batman: The Animated Series” Bonus Episodes - Bruce Timm selects his favorite episodes from Batman: The Animated Series.

“Batman: Gotham Knight explores an exciting moment between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight,” said Paul Levitz, DC Comics President and Publisher, “and takes our fans on a very different visual trip through Gotham and Batman’s life. We’re extremely proud of this project, and look forward to adding to the momentum our DC Universe Animated Original Movie program has been building.”

“Batman: Gotham Knight is a perfect example of the type of release that Warner Premiere is becoming known for and that audiences are hungry for,” said Matt Bierman, Vice President, Production, Warner Premiere. “With incredible production values, a top-notch creative team and compelling, iconic characters from the DC Universe, Batman: Gotham Knight really raises the bar in the Direct-to-DVD arena and we’re proud to be a part of this production.”

“To date, over 13.5 million units of Batman animated titles have been sold and we are thrilled to release Batman: Gotham Knight, the next installment of the DC Universe animated original movies, which will be a hit with Super Hero and comic book fans alike,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President, Kids and Sports Marketing.

Batman: Gotham Knight Marketing Support

Batman: Gotham Knight will be supported by a massive media campaign including primetime TV spots, national print and online coverage. Marketing support will also include strong promotional support as well as a grassroots viral campaign.

DC UNIVERSE ORIGINAL MOVIES

DC Comics, Warner Premiere, Warner Home Video (WHV) and Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) began the production and distribution of “DC Universe,” a series of original, animated PG-13 movies in July 2006. This original made for DVD movie is part of the DC Universe series of animated PG-13 films written and directed by acclaimed comic book creators and animators and featuring recognizable talent. WHV will be the exclusive worldwide home entertainment distributor for all DC Universe movies, which will include a slate of 2-3 action-packed films per year. Superman Doomsday and Justice League: The New Frontier were the first DC Universe original animated movies. Other DC properties with films in development include Justice League, Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman.

BASICS

Street Date: July 8, 2008
Order Due Date: June 3, 2008
Languages: English, Spanish
Subtitles: Spanish

Run Time: 75 minutes

Aspect Ratio: Widescreen (1.78:1)
Audio: 5.1 Dolby Surround Stereo
Color / Closed Captioned
Rating: PG-13

Batman: Gotham Knight (DVD)

Price: $24.98 SRP / No MAP
UPC: 085391123323

Batman: Gotham Knight (2 Disc Special Edition DVD)

Price: $29.98 SRP / No MAP
UPC: 0883929011155

Batman: Gotham Knight (Blu-ray Disc)

Price: $34.99 SRP / No MAP
UPC: 085391179511

General_Grievous
02-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I may Pay-Per-View it before I buy it.

Beast
02-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Caught the preview for it on the Justice League: The New Frontier Blu-Ray. By the way, that was pretty darn good. It actually looks pretty good.

I am a touch annoyed they moved Teen Titans: Judas Contract back for Batman: Gotham Knight and Wonder Woman though. But what can ya do. :)

El Chuxter
02-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Awesome! My New Frontier DVD shipped yesterday, so I'll soon be able to see a preview.

Rocketboy
02-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Not with that egg on your face you won't.

preacher
02-29-2008, 03:19 PM
GG,

Yeah, I kind of thought that Two face picture was doctored. Is the shot itself legit? Or is it a clip from Core or Paycheck or something?

I dig the toy though. The acid wash to half Harvey's suit is a nice touch.

You guys think Joker does that to him? Joker does have that squirting flower at his disposal.

Rocketboy
03-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Cover art for single and double disc Batman: Gotham Knight.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-19-2008, 11:39 PM
I just read on SHH that Mr. Kevin Conroy is voicing Batman in "Batman: Gotham Knight." :thumbsup: I'm pretty happy about this.

(sorry if this was posted before- I hadn't seen it up yet).

General_Grievous
03-19-2008, 11:45 PM
I would be happy about it, but since it takes place in the film universe, it should really be Christian Bale providing the voice. All due respect to Kevin Conroy, of course.

El Chuxter
03-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Kevin Conroy IS Batman.

Well, unless they want to hire Adam West.

RooJay
03-20-2008, 01:13 AM
Agreed. I love Christian Bale as Batman - he was always my first choice - but I would not have been sad if they'd had Kevin Conroy dub his voice in Batman Begins! To this day I can't read a Batman comic without hearing Mister Conroy in my head.

Rocketboy
03-20-2008, 10:07 AM
I love Conroy as Batman, but because its not TAS style Batman it seems like it could be weird.
I'll hold off final judgment until I see it.

Beast
03-25-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm surprised we don't have some sort of Official Blu-Ray thread around here. I know some of you guys have joined me in the Hi-Def format. Maybe I should check with JT about starting one. Anyway, I'll just stick this information here for anyone who cares. Batman: Gotham Knights and Batman Begins are both coming to Blu-Ray in July. But the real big news is what's coming from Fox the same month. :D

Batman: The Movie (Blu-ray) - MSRP: $39.98 w/ Hot Wheels: $59.98

Fox Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring the 1966 classic superhero film 'Batman: The Movie' to Blu-ray on July 1st. Video will be presented in 1080p AVC accompanied by a 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio lossless soundtrack. Exclusive to the Blu-ray release will be the option to listen to the isolated score from the film, also presented in 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio.

Extras include all new high definition featurettes, including "Batman: A Dynamic Legacy", "Caped Crusaders: A Heroes Tribute", and "Gotham City's Most Wanted". A full list of the extras can be found below:

Commentary by actors Adam West and Burt Ward
Commentary by screenwriter Lorenzo Semple, Jr.
Isolated Score Track 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio (Lossless)
All-new high-definition featurettes:
Batman: A Dynamic Legacy
Caped Crusaders: A Heroes Tribute
Gotham City's Most Wanted
2001 35th Anniversary Piece Featuring Interviews with Adam West and Burt Ward
The Batmobile Revealed with George Barris
The Batmobile Interactive Tour - A 360 Degree Navigational Tour
Batman on Location: Mapping the Movie
Holy Pop-Up Trivia Track, Batman!
Original Teaser and Theatrical Trailers

Galleries:
From the Vaults of Adam West
Interactive Pressbook
Posters
Production Stills
Behind the Scenes
Premiere

Also available to collectors will be a limited edition of only 5,000 copies with a 1/18th scale Batmobile from Hot Wheels®.

El Chuxter
03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
Y'know, that's the first BluRay release that's not only got me considering buying one of this high-falutin' players, but double-dipping on a DVD I already have.

If they'd included detailed storyboards of the shark scene, a making of the shark scene, and an expanded version of the shark scene with CG effects, I'd be all over that.

Beast
03-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Y'know, that's the first BluRay release that's not only got me considering buying one of this high-falutin' players, but double-dipping on a DVD I already have.

If they'd included detailed storyboards of the shark scene, a making of the shark scene, and an expanded version of the shark scene with CG effects, I'd be all over that.
PS3 Man. It's the only Blu-Ray player that's 100% Future Proof. $399 for a Blu Ray player and a game system rolled into one. Best chunk of change I ever dropped. Went in half with my brother on it and haven't looked back. The movies are astounding.

El Chuxter
03-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah, but I already have a PS2 and a Wii (and a kid who's becoming more expensive by the month), so I'm not likely to be dropping 400 junior cheeseburgers on a PS3 anytime soon. Unlike the case with the PS2, I'm not even aware of any PS3 (or XBox 360) games I can't live without.

Despite my cracks about the shark scene (which really is one of the silliest in film history), I was being serious that this is the first movie I've seen BluRay specs for that actually has tempted me. Which is odd, because I'd hardly count Batman: The Movie as being among my all-time favorites.

If they finally iron out the rights issues for the show and put it on BluRay, I don't know if I'd be able to resist the one-two punch of Adam West craziness.

Unrelated, but on the subject of the rumored Dark Knight Returns film.... Though most people didn't seem to catch it, the original story always seemed to me that it was set not so much in the future as in a dark version of our own world. Meaning it was in a twisted 1986, but a 1986 that proceeded from the 60s-era Batman. (The reference to Jason aside, it seems the flashbacks are far more consistent with the TV show type of stories than with anything in the comics at that time.) If you look at it that way, and if he were physically able to pull it off, how cool would it be to have Adam West as Batman in that movie, but not playing it up for laughs? He's not an incredible actor, but he did do a serious v/o role as the Grey Ghost quite well.

JediTricks
03-25-2008, 11:06 PM
If you want a Blu-ray thread, go for it. Make it an interesting conversation though, not just a list of releases, we already have a release date thread.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-29-2008, 09:43 AM
there was a new viral yesterday and it seems as though the only people who were rewarded were those on the ground. So, folks who helped them via phone and the rest of us were left out in teh wind. People who were at each site got to see the new trailer and the Joker's site now says nothing will be online until sunday as there is a new trailer with IRON MAN.

But, never fear: http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-dark-knight/bootleg-trailer-2

Better than ntohing and actually pretty solid quality. Looks FANTASTIC. The part where the Joker fixes his hair before talking to Rachel is so ungodly creepy. I love it. :thumbsup:

also, alucky winner at each site was given a reel of the trailer. And it turns out it's been cut up and played with by the Joker who adds in his own commentary. http://chrispresswell.wordpress.com/2008/04/29/the-dark-knight-trailer-3-jokerized-version/

Awesome.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-30-2008, 10:43 AM
To recap, 12 lucky winners on monday got a copy of TDK trailer, but upon closer inspection, it seems as though the Joker got to them first as he's vandalized and messed with them. Two have been posted on youtube (we'll see if WB takes them down, even though they ENCOURAGED each person to "share" it). One has better audio while the other has better visual. Either way, you get a really good sense of what's going on here. Personal highlights include: arrows pointing to the Joker, Joker faces on several characters, "Boring part" written during Rachel and Bruce's scene, bat droppings, LIGHTSABERS, and so forth. WAtch them cos they're JUST REALLY COOL.

#1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3OqlNyE18I
#2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oc_2bWgHZ4

AWESOME. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Ok, I'm officially sick of this viral campaign. It's been obnoxious the whole time, especially since this is a guaranteed blockbuster no matter what, but now it's just so over the top that it detracts from the feeling of anticipating the film.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Ok, I'm officially sick of this viral campaign. It's been obnoxious the whole time, especially since this is a guaranteed blockbuster no matter what, but now it's just so over the top that it detracts from the feeling of anticipating the film.

Yeah, i'm gonna have to really disagree. I love the viral marketing and the Joker-ized trailers were really cool. I've had some friends who participated in it and had an absolute blast and hell, I was even in some of it and enjoyed myself. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
05-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Batman (1989) vs The Dark Knight (2008) (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1813453)

El Chuxter
05-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow! Is that 1989 trailer the real thing, or put together to look it? I've got to think it was intentionally structured the same way as a nod to the original. There's no other explanation that makes sense.

Rocketboy
05-02-2008, 12:33 AM
Wow! Is that 1989 trailer the real thing, or put together to look it? I've got to think it was intentionally structured the same way as a nod to the original. There's no other explanation that makes sense.No idea. I just found the video online. It's possible the TDK trailer was put together as an homage to Batman, but I have no idea.

El Chuxter
05-02-2008, 01:39 AM
There were a few nods to Batman in Batman Begins. It would not surprise me one bit if this were done intentionally.

I think the trailer is on the DVD. I'll have to dig out that set to check. (Yes, I got the set. I swore I'd never own Batman & Robin, but, much as was the case with Superman IV and the Superman set a few years earlier, it was actually a good deal cheaper to get the set than just the first two movies.)

RooJay
05-02-2008, 02:30 AM
There were a few nods to Batman in Batman Begins. It would not surprise me one bit if this were done intentionally.

I think the trailer is on the DVD. I'll have to dig out that set to check. (Yes, I got the set. I swore I'd never own Batman & Robin, but, much as was the case with Superman IV and the Superman set a few years earlier, it was actually a good deal cheaper to get the set than just the first two movies.)

It's cool. Just don't watch it! I own the set as well, and trust me, you'll feel much better about it if you never, ever put that filth into your DVD player. God knows I never will! Although I am tempted to hear what Joel Schumacher has to say for himself on the commentary track...:thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-02-2008, 11:28 AM
That new trailer was mind-blowing. At my "Iron Man" showing, everyone applauded it.

LTBasker
05-03-2008, 03:29 AM
It's cool. Just don't watch it! I own the set as well, and trust me, you'll feel much better about it if you never, ever put that filth into your DVD player. God knows I never will! Although I am tempted to hear what Joel Schumacher has to say for himself on the commentary track...:thumbsup:

Save your eyes and ears the horrors and just read the reviews here; http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/sections/releases/DVD/anthology/

If you're expecting some sort of apology on his part though, you're not gonna get it. He still defends himself, even on the nipples.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-04-2008, 03:50 PM
The terrific new trailer is up!!

http://whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

and I nabbed a screencap of what looks like Harvey as Two Face.

I just love this trailer. The Joker fixing his hair with a knife before going to talk to Rachel just creeps me out. I'm so damned excited about this flick! :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
05-04-2008, 05:40 PM
I noticed that shot in the trailer when I watched it online today. I also noticed a very spoileriffic shot featuring Joker and Rachel.

On another note, I noticed that "The Dark Knight"'s production status on imdb is listed as "completed". I also saw that the running time as of right now clocks in at 152 minutes. If it's true, I think that's an ideal running time. They're going to need all the time they can to squeeze in those subplots.

JediTricks
05-04-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, this trailer was in front of Iron Man last night, it was the 4th one after Speed Racer, Get Smart, and Indiana Jones (good progression, nobody cared about the first 2 much, but Bats wasn't quite as popular as Indy). I must say, I didn't get much out of it, I was excited it was there, but nothing we saw made me go "wow" like the first movie's trailers did. I don't like how the Joker feels in that trailer, very much like a more generic "serial killer screwing with the authorities" guy than the Joker character. And Batman feels generic in it too. I'm hoping this movie works, but I'm not as pumped as I'd like to be.