PDA

View Full Version : Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack and more

pegger
07-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I just read this somewhere:

from the Hasbro Q and A:

Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack SIX of officers. Vader, Tarkin, Motti, Tagge, Officer Cass, Chief Bast, General Wolf Yaluran. Exclusive to Previews/Diamond Comics.

Republic Commando Squad Battle Pack exclusive to Entertainment Earth, HasbroToyShop and StarWarsShop.com. (Sev, Fixer, Delta 38, and Scorch battle three Geonosians!) Available November 1, 2007.

OMG - I am SO HAPPY - I've been wanting the Deathstar breifing since I saw SW back in '79!!!!!

And the battle squad pack is a very nice addition too!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2006, 01:42 PM
There's sneaky pics of five officers that have been discussed in the 30th anniversary forum. It looks pretty damn sweet.

A Republic Commando pack sounds AWESOME! Maybe I won't have to worry about getting Scorch, then.

Banthaholic
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
You can order the Commando's on SWS.com

Droid
07-21-2006, 02:05 PM
The Imperial Officers may be the one thing I end up being excited about from what Hasbro revealed at this convention!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2006, 02:18 PM
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5594&zoneid=2

Here's the full Q&A from GH:

Hasbro's Q&A session at Comic-Con has become an institution. The top manufacturer of boys toys and action figures meet the collectors who love their products. It's a geek love-in with a hint of interrogation, and the crowd goes wild for it.

Key Points

New "Cinema Scenes" Concept: New concept with multiple figures in one box (old, new, and kitbashed) in scene-specific packaging. Highlights include a Star Destroyer Bridge, Death Star Escape, and Bounty Hunters.

Basic Figures: The Saga line will continue (22 figures!) past its originally planned lifespan with an assortment of army builders and key figures, as we reported previously. The Greatest Battles reissues will also continue into the fall season.

Seven total Star Wars tins, six mass releases and one exclusive. The exclusive Modal Nodes Cantina Band will be found at Wal*Mart.

Saesee Tiin's Jedi Star Fighter will be a mass release.

Kit Fisto's Jedi Star Fighter and Rebel Snowspeeder exclusive to Target.

Mace Windu's Attack Battalion Battle Pack exclusive to Target.

The Dagobah X-Wing Fighter, Endor AT-AT, and grey variant TIE Fighter (newly tooled hatch) are exclusive to Toys'R'Us.

Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack SIX of officers. Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, Admiral Motti, Commander Tagge, Officer Cass, Chief Bast, Colonel Wullf Yularen. Exclusive to Previews/Diamond Comics.

Republic Commando Squad Battle Pack exclusive to Entertainment Earth, HasbroToyShop and StarWarsShop.com. (Sev, Fixer, Delta 38/Boss, and Scorch battle three Geonosians!)

2007 Sneak Peek

Ralph McQuarrie figure in each of the first eight waves, and cards will feature Ralph McQuarrie's signature. Ralph McQuarrie Stormtrooper will feature a refreshed deco will be the first out of the gate.

Galactic Marines, Mustafar Lava Miner, Airborne Trooper for 2007!

Dark Horse Comics Reprints w/ Figure Two-Packs will feature a reprint of a classic Dark Horse/Marvel comic book, and packs will sport two figures based on their appearance in the comics. The first set will be Darth Vader and a Rebel Fleet Trooper; the second set will feature Grand Moff Tarkin and an Imperial Stormtrooper; and a third set will feature Han Solo and his first mate Chewbacca.

Photos on the way. More to come...

This all sounds pretty damn sweet. The Commando pack looks awesome as well. I can't wait for more pics.

Devo
07-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Fantastic Imperial set even though it seems to use Jerrjerrod's sculpt on a few of the figures. New heads at least - Tagge looks great as does Bast. And I was never even aware of a guy called Cass. Its always nice to be taken by surprise like that. It gives hope that other obscure characters you do know about will be made. Yularen will bring greater diversity to the officer ranks and he has a good head sculpt too by the looks of it.

Small downers which won't stop me buying possibly 2 of this set:

The Tarkin head is a simple repaint of the ROTS figure - IMO that doesn't quite cut it as Peter Cushing. It did a good job of replicating a guy in a freaky lookalike mask but not of the ANH Tarkin.

No articulated knees

No cap for Chief Bast by the looks of it. Did he not wear a cap in this scene? Even if not it would be nice to have one as he does wear a cap in other scenes.

maatu
07-21-2006, 06:24 PM
we finally are getting storm trooper han solo.there is so much coming out and i am going to have to be really selective. i ordered one of those jabba's from sideshow toys. could not resist. it's the best. i know hasbro still has some suprises up there sleeves for us.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 06:37 PM
I am loving the conference brief room set thingy. Oh man, I love being a SW fan right now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-21-2006, 07:36 PM
The new figures all look pretty sweet, especially the Galactic Marine, Airborne Trooper, Kashyyyk Clone, and Stormtrooper Han. I don't hate the cards as much as before. Some of the "new" figures in the Tin sets are nice, and I can't wait for the Modal Nodes.

In the basic figure part of the slideshow, who is 68? I read that 73 is a comic version of Aurra Sing, and that she and four other figures are Wal-mart Exclusives.

Also, more cantina repacks means more money saved by me.

Hellboy
07-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Can't wait for the Imperial set. :thumbsup:

BTW the Republic Commando set is bit cheaper over at EE.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Mine was 41.44 total after shipping and tax. I hope this pther set is as cheap.

Hellboy
07-21-2006, 07:48 PM
Mine was 41.44 total after shipping and tax. I hope this pther set is as cheap.

Yeah thats what I paid too. I'll be pleasently surprised if the Imperial set is that cheap.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 07:51 PM
So will I. I hope diamond doesnt boost the price like the sandcrawler

Droid
07-21-2006, 08:34 PM
I think the Imperial set is the triumph of the convention!

pegger
07-21-2006, 08:36 PM
This is the 1 item that I am MOST excited about.

dindae
07-21-2006, 10:08 PM
This was totally unexpected and a true gem. The only thing that would have made this better would be to add the table but that will be easy enough to custom.

General_Grievous
07-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I'm loving this set, but I'm going to have to watch ANH again to look for Bast and Cass. Is Bast the one who says to Tarkin, "We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Shall I have your ship standing by?"

kool-aid killer
07-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Im digging it, every organization needs to have suits, and Hasbro is offering them to us. Now my grunts will have someone to resent. Im so excited right now, i feel like im going to be overwhelmed by all of this stuff, but im not expecting them to hit all at once, so i'll be okay.

Devo
07-22-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm loving this set, but I'm going to have to watch ANH again to look for Bast and Cass. Is Bast the one who says to Tarkin, "We've analyzed their attack, sir, and there is a danger. Shall I have your ship standing by?"

That is indeed Bast - although he wore a cap in that scene and theres no sign of him having one in this set...and I can't see them single carding a Chief Bast with a new head any time soon after this release. I didn't know he was in the conference room scene actually. Must check if he had anything on his head.

Rogue II
07-23-2006, 10:23 AM

This and the carded Kitak (or whatever it's name is) are the only things from the convention I'm looking forward too.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-23-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm really excited about this set as well. The only problem I see with it is that they will probably not have articulated knees. Normally not a big deal since most of these are obscure characters, but they are all sitting in this scene, except Tarkin and Vader. Still, it is great to be getting these figures.

TheDarthVader
07-23-2006, 10:44 PM
These could have (or maybe do) just 6 points of articulation, and, as long as the sculpts were good, I would buy two sets. I am definitely picking this one up. Good job Hasbro!

Jargo
07-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Death star briefing room set
Cantina band commemorative tin set
ANH commemorative tin set
ROJ commemorative tin set
Quinlan Voss/Vilmarh Grahrk comic set
Mustafar lava miner
R5-A1
R4-M6
R4-K7
White AT-RT driver
Sith starfighter
Saesee Tiin's starfighter
Sith Infiltrator

that's all I'd buy if I did. As it stands at this moment. which is still quite a lot by my current budget.

Patient Zero
07-24-2006, 11:16 AM
The Death Star conference set looks brilliant. The only way it could have been better is if they sold the figures in twos and added sections of the conference table to each pack.

I haven't been excited about what hasbro has been putting out for a while, but the new stuff displayed at the con is changing my feelings about that.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I re-watched this scene last night to get a look at all the officers. I don't actually remember how many officers are in this scene, but I think it's seven or eight (instead of the six from the pack). Oh well, another officer will double as one of them just fine.

The headsculpts look really fantastic, and I love how the rank chest things are all different. Hopefully the paint will be better (such as on the one-color hair) but it's still pretty good anyway.

BoShek
07-27-2006, 04:38 PM
What's the price for the Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack?

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 05:33 PM
What's the price for the Deathstar Briefing Battle Pack?
No one knows for sure, but Chux reported the info tag at SDCC stated 29.99

dindae
01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Well EE just hit my account so it should be shipping shortly. I hope to be very pleased with this one.

Rogue II
01-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the reminder, dindae. I forgot to order it.

DarkArtist
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
just got my email today that the DS Briefing has shipped. can't wait to see this set. woohoo more imperials for my DS diorama

Mad Slanted Powers
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
And now mine has shipped as well.

jonthejedi
01-15-2007, 04:07 AM
Supposed to get mine tomorrow. The more I think about this set, the more I think Hasbro missed the boat. They should have sold table/chair sections like the Jedi Council & Geo. War Room. That way maybe we could have had officers with sitting capabilities, maybe two per pack. Oh well.

General_Grievous
01-15-2007, 02:14 PM
Where did you guys order yours from? I just checked EE and it says "Estimated arrival February 2007".

stillakid
01-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Mine is at Willcall. I just have to go pick it up. :)

Jargo
01-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I just ordered mine from R2DTOYS yesterday. got an e-mail today to say it's shipped. was slightly cheaper getting it through R2DTOYS ebay store than through their regular e-tail store. bit of luck it'll be here tomorrow. wednesday at the latest.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Mine is from EE, and I got an e-mail 1/11 saying it shipped.

Darth Cruel
01-15-2007, 07:09 PM
I thought this set was a TAC item. Is it Saga?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Entertainment Earth shows a Saga package. We shall see when it arrives.

jonthejedi
01-16-2007, 02:55 AM
EE sold out of the first batch(that's why some of us are getting 'em this week). Second batch due in Feb.

DarkArtist
01-16-2007, 08:03 AM
i ordered mine from EE. got the email on the 10th saying that the figures shipped. here's hoping it arrives today.

Jargo
01-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Mine arrived today. lovely box. huge waste of resources though. far too big for such a scant amount of product. The figures themselves are cool though besides having trouble standing due to the odd knock kneed sculpt on the legs. Motti looks a bit big and out of place really but at least this one is coloured to match the others. there were no twist ties and only a couple of rubber bands so they're easy to get out of the packaging once you've sliced sellotape holding the display together.

paint jobs seem ok. none of the joints are too tight or too loose on mine. nice to get some six spare blasters too. and even vaders saber is ok.

I do like this set. characters like cass and Tagge i never thought we'd get so a thumbs up from me with a minus for the weird legs.

DarkArtist
01-17-2007, 02:01 PM
got my briefing set today. was surprised to find that they included a Masters of the DarkSide Vader in the set rather then the Comm-Tech version. also Motti looks so wierd compared to the other officers, almost amazon in a way. I am actually glad that they gave us a repaint of the ROTS Tarkin since I like the figure and the head sculpt. I thought they would just release the old POTF version of Tarkin since we got the POTF version of Motti.
still a great set, will look awesome with my Imperial Troop formation once I get some space to set it all up.

jonthejedi
01-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Received mine today as well. I don't open something like this...but it looks great on top of Rep. Commando & PX Bounty Hunter sets(same length). Motti seems not as good as orig. Others are ok, I thought Tagge came out about the best...pretty decent sculpt on him.

Jargo
01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Chief bast is pretty good too.

sebillba
01-20-2007, 03:48 AM
Received mine this week as well - got it from R2DToys, but bid on an auction, so saved myself several quid on their usual price. Not opened it yet, and not compared either of the repacks, but if Motti is a different colour to the original, and it's the Masters of the Dark Side Vader, which I haven't got, then it's 7 new figures for me, working out at less than 4 each, so not bad at all. Great to finally get Tagge and Chief Bast in particular..... I got a dvd box set of "The Smoking Room" for Christmas, which stars Leslie Schofield, who played Bast.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. Looks pretty nice. Hard to tell without opening it, but it looks like they don't have as wide of a stance as what the pictures had shown. Thus, they seem to be more like Ozzel or ROTS Tarkin rather than Jerjerrod as far as the legs go. Anyone opened these to get a better look?

Darth Instigator
01-20-2007, 09:59 PM
whats the best cost place to order these from?

DarkArtist
01-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Mine arrived yesterday. Looks pretty nice. Hard to tell without opening it, but it looks like they don't have as wide of a stance as what the pictures had shown. Thus, they seem to be more like Ozzel or ROTS Tarkin rather than Jerjerrod as far as the legs go. Anyone opened these to get a better look?

i believe they are the legs of Ozzel with the exception of Motti and Tarkin.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-20-2007, 11:23 PM
whats the best cost place to order these from?
I must have got a better price for pre-ordering. I got them from Entertainment Earth for $35.99 + $7.45 shipping for a total of $43.44. The website now has them for $39.99.

Kidhuman
01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
I ordered them from www.razorsedgecollectibles.com and they shipped pretty quick and where alot less than EE or anywhere else. Plus they on Long Island, your area.

Darth Instigator
01-21-2007, 12:15 PM
I looked last night on Mikes site Kid and couldn't find them, thanks I will just email him

General_Grievous
01-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Just ordered this puppy from EE last night. Really looking forward to it, because it was what I wanted most from the last Comic Con.

Darth Cruel
01-21-2007, 01:36 PM
These are the type of items that I actually go looking for at Frank-n-Son. Items like this are actually cheapest there. I got the EE Droid Sets, the Bounty Hunter gift pack, and the Christmas Jawas all for about 5.00 each cheaper than I could find them anywhere else. If it is an unpopular gift pack...it'll be pretty cheap there. But that does not go for the hot items like the EE Clone Trooper army-builders. They will go for premium prices.

jonthejedi
01-21-2007, 04:25 PM
My local Suncoast Motion Picture Co. is carrying this set for around $45 plus tax.

jedi master sal
01-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Kidhuman, did you get any message from Razor's about this yet? I haven't. Just a bit concerned as usually he's right on top of things.

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 06:11 AM
Yeah, I got one that says it shipped out. WsThursday afternoon when it did, so I should have it today

Slicker
01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Kidhuman, did you get any message from Razor's about this yet? I haven't. Just a bit concerned as usually he's right on top of things.I just got my notification today, Sal, so you should get yours soon as well.

I'm all paid up and with my combined shipping I should be getting the Commandos set and the Briefing Room within a week.:thumbsup:

Mega props to Razors Edge too and thanks Sal and KH for pointing me in there direction.

Kidhuman
01-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I got mine today from them. Arrived via UPS, and I had to sign for it, so you guys might find a UPS door tag soon from them. Great packing job as he put cardboard against the window boxes to keep the packing materials out of it.

I was pleasently surprised with both sets. The briefing set looks real nice.

jedi master sal
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
I got mine today from them. Arrived via UPS, and I had to sign for it, so you guys might find a UPS door tag soon from them. Great packing job as he put cardboard against the window boxes to keep the packing materials out of it.

I was pleasently surprised with both sets. The briefing set looks real nice.

Mike and his workers do an excellent job with packing.

D'oh, looks like he sent the e-mail on Friday to me, but I never got it....

Sucks to because I paid ahead on some bills and wouldn't have done that so I could have aid my balance in full. S'okay though because Mike took a payment towards the stuff and I'll pay the balance in two weeks then have the stuff shipped to me. He doesn't do that normally, but 've been a long time customer and I order a lot of $tuff from him (for a single person). So it's all good.

I won't worry about getting the Imp set two weeks from now. Heck, I'll be getting two sets of those, plus the newest Titaniumset (with the red interceptor) and a case of wv 9.... So it's cool. Though I know I'm going to get rid of some of those figs from the wv9 case. NO, of course I'm keeping the elite trooper (Kashyyyk clone), so don't ask...which of course means, one of you numbskulls is going to ask for it, for the hell of it anyway, heh heh.

-Sal

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Sal lemme know which wave 9 you dont want in a PM, might take them from you if I havent found any yet.

JEDIpartner
01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
... or what???!!!

http://www.galactichunter.com/quickpix/briefing/chiefbast.jpg

Kidhuman
01-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Did everyone who ordered this have a stiocker saying preview exclusive on the outside? I was wondering becuase the Republic Commando set didnt but this one did on mine

Mad Slanted Powers
01-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Likewise with mine. No Previews Exclusive sticker on the Commando set, but there is one on the Death Star Briefing set.

Jaff
01-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Mine came with the PX Previews exclusive figure. I have to say I really like this 7 pack. The Darth really bugs me though, because his pose is the same as the anniversary version so he can be in a lightsaber duel. His pose should have matched the Commtech version.

Slicker
01-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Just got this set today (along with the Republic Commando one) and I'm liking it. It's one of the good sides of getting multi packs because I personally wouldn't wanna see an Officer Cass carded but he's a nice addition to the SW Universe.

I'm just kinda miffed because I think theys may have been my only opportunity to get that SA Col. Yularen that I've been wanting.:upset:

General_Grievous
01-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Got this today. All of these are awesome. It's great to finally get Tagge. And JP, you're absolutely right. Bast looks just like Marky Mark. :D

Snowtrooper
01-31-2007, 07:10 PM
I got my set last week form BBTS. Looks pretty damn good. They did a good job on the headsculpts for the "new" officers and the paintjobs are perfect as far as I can tell.

I hope they revisit the officer 7 pak idea in the future. I'd like to see them make some of the officers you see on the deathstar in ANH. The ones with the white coat and black hat and slacks in particular.

Jargo
01-31-2007, 07:38 PM
I was looking at General Veers from the saga line and noticed he bears an uncanny resemblance to quentin tarantino...

DarthQuack
11-26-2007, 10:46 AM
This set is on sale at EE for 25.90 for those who haven't gotten it yet....I'll be purchasing this soon.

mtriv73
11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
This set is on sale at EE for 25.90 for those who haven't gotten it yet....I'll be purchasing this soon.

Yeah, I just picked up a second set. That price is too good to pass up. Anyone want the Vader or should I just chuck it in the trash?

DarthQuack
11-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I just picked up a second set. That price is too good to pass up. Anyone want the Vader or should I just chuck it in the trash?

You could make a nice YouTube video if you too some fire to it...I'd watch that.

Ji'dai
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, that's not a bad price for seven figures. Even with shipping, the break-down for me would be $4.84 a figure. I don't need the Tarkin, Vader, or Motti though, so that leaves four figures I really want. So with shipping, those four figures would cost $8.46 each. Not so great a deal then.

So I'll wait and see if Hasbro re-releases Tagge, Yularen, Bast, and Cass among all those friggin' Fans' Choice poll-winning Clone Troopers next year.