View Full Version : Republic commando 4 pack + 3 targets

mtriv73
07-21-2006, 05:02 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/aff-home.asp?id=SI-305158297&number=HS87269

I've already ordered one and all I can say is "Sweet."

Oh yeah, tell 'em sir steve sent you.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I ordered mine as well. I love this set.

Hellboy
07-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Great set and a great deal!! After S&H it still comes out to less than $6 a figure. :pleased:

figrin bran
07-21-2006, 09:27 PM
i knew they would get around to making the rest of these guys. i just didn't know it would be so soon and in one shot. i'm going to preorder right now!

i guess this means i'll be trading off the extra MOC scorch i have.

LTBasker
07-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I guess I can skip getting a second carded Scorch to open, this is a pretty cool set. I'm surprised the Geonosians are so vastly different as well, with 3 new Clones plus Scorch you would expect them to cheap out on the extras.

kool-aid killer
07-21-2006, 10:15 PM
Sweet! I had no idea this was even on the horizon. And whats even better is that it comes with Geonosians to battle with. Im sold on it.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Preorder is only 41.44 with shipping, as HEllboy pointed out, its less than retail for all 7 of them.

figrin bran
07-21-2006, 10:50 PM
these sets will also be available on hasbrotoyshop and starwarsshop.com. since EE lets you cancel orders anytime before it starts shipping and you receive a confirmation, you can shop around for the best price though i can't imagine it will vary all that much.

Luuuuuuke
07-21-2006, 10:58 PM
I just ordered it. As a bonus I can just pick it up and save on shipping since I live in So Cal. Only $36--and as I never bought the Geonosians, it's a double good deal.

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 04:18 AM
I had ordered mine from EE, but then I went over to SWS, and they have an awesome deal if you want to pick up the Lucas family, it's only 49.99 for both together! They another 10 bucks for shipping, so that's a really good deal if you ask me, 11 figures for 60 bucks.

DarkArtist
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
I'll be ordering mine soon. Now I can cross off the 4 Scorchs i was looking for. The inclusion of the 3 geonosians is a bonus. Not a bad price since 7 carded versions would be around $45.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
07-22-2006, 07:42 PM
The total is 41.44 with shipping

Slicker
07-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks to some info from KH I ordered up my Commando set from EE. If I get my SS Jabba set Jan. is gonna be one expensive month for me.:bandit:

jedi master sal
07-22-2006, 11:52 PM
I ordered two sets and saved even more on shipping. I HIGHLY suggest looking for other local collectors and going in on a big order. You cna shave dollars off the cost per unit.

Now, does anyone need a loose Scorch...

I have like 6-7 of him and they mean practically nothing now. I was going to paint a set of 4 white ,so I might just do that, but with the same backpack, I dunno if I'm going to do that afterall.

Regardless, I know I'm going to have at least 1-2 loose and 1-2 carded Scorches (have to check my database to see for sure) extras.

If anyone wants to trade for one of these, PM me.

-Sal

Darth Instigator
07-23-2006, 03:47 PM
this set is awesome cause my 8 year old has been begging me to buy those ones on ebay for $50+ and I refused, but it says its not coming out til Jan 07, is that accurate?

Slicker
07-23-2006, 03:50 PM
this set is awesome cause my 8 year old has been begging me to buy those ones on ebay for $50+ and I refused, but it says its not coming out til Jan 07, is that accurate?Most likely the date is correct. Sometimes they do a place holding date but with SDCC having just happened they preview stuff months in advance (the SideShow Jabba set comes out next year but it was there) to show what's coming out.

Darth Instigator
07-23-2006, 04:12 PM
ok thanks..

Kidhuman
07-23-2006, 08:39 PM
EE's dates are pretty accurate.

JEDIpartner
07-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Oooooooookay...?

trandoshan666
07-24-2006, 04:25 PM
Anyone know if these will come in display packaging or in a little white box like the Endor troop builder set?

Banthaholic
07-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Anyone know if these will come in display packaging or in a little white box like the Endor troop builder set?
I'd imagine it'll be displayed. They haven't done white boxes wince '02 and recent online exclussives including Diamond's bouty hunters, EE's astromechs, and SA clone sets ave all been display boxes.

Though I haven't read anything official yet, but with EE you can always pre-order and cancel if you don't like whatever the final result may be. You don't get charged until it ships, an dI'm sure we'll see packed shots long before they ship.

kool-aid killer
07-25-2006, 12:18 AM
I cant see EE putting these out in a plain white box, that would be disappointing in light of how there last two exclusives were packaged. Im going to be getting these guys via starwarsshop.com so that i can get Lucas' family too.

JediTricks
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
As a shared exclusive, it'll likely be in REAL packaging because it's not just an EE piece where EE can get away with that sort of thing.

JEDIpartner
07-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Hmmm... are the Imperial Officers just a Diamond/Previews exclusive or are they going to be at the SWshop.com site as well? That's really the one I want as I am not a huge gamer and am not really concerned with the fruit-flavoured beefy clones they are offering up at EE.

Kidhuman
07-25-2006, 02:23 PM
As far as I know, its only Diamond right now JP.

JEDIpartner
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Hmmmm... well, I suppose that's fine. I think I found their site. It looks so rinky dink, though. :(

mtriv73
07-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Isn't Diamond just the distributor and they will sell to retailers (kind of like an unneccessary middle man?) They handled both the sandcrawler and the Bounty hunters set and those were available everywhere online.

JediTricks
07-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Diamond is indeed just a distributor, they generally only sell to small speciality retailers like comic and hobby shops. The previous Diamond exclusives did end up online, that's a good point, but they weren't heavily supported because of the odd way Diamond does business with its retailers.

Dialogus
07-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Oh yeah, tell 'em sir steve sent you.

That gives you a rebate somehow??

Nice set indeed!

Tycho
07-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I Don't Like The Paint Application On These!

The figures are not of Atim, Darman, Niner, etc. from Karen Traviss' novel. They are of the dudes from the video game of which I've never played: Scorch, Fixer, etc.

Are they supposed to be painted so sloppily? I was hoping to see something as solid and hardcore in coloring as say the Entertainment Earth Clone Troops 4-packs (whether they be dirtied or clean). Aside from Scorch, these look cheap to me (on the paint apps). Are they supposed to appear like this?

Darth Instigator
07-28-2006, 03:42 PM
yea but, the game is awesome, I dont play many games and some of us never read that book, but that game is awesome.

El Chuxter
07-28-2006, 03:53 PM
My first thoughts were the same as yours, Tycho. But then I thought, "Hmm. Republic Commandos are incredibly popular. Creating Darman, Atin, Niner, and Fi from these would be easy for Hasbro to do later if this set does well."

They could even add Jango heads (one set where that would be appropriate), and maybe kitbash an Etain and whatshisface, the Mandalorean trainer.

Tycho
07-28-2006, 04:38 PM
I like where you're headed with this Chuxter: removeable helmets with Jango's heads. That would be cool - and so appropriate instead of what they're doing with Death Star Gunners, Bikerscouts, Snowtroopers etc.

It would have been so much cooler if Lucas had gone in the direction I figured he would: of having Han Solo be a lost Clone from a new line (made after Han's father) and hence have a lot of junior Solos be in the OT white armor (as well as conscripts, etc).

But all that could be meshed with the EU if Denn Solo's kid became a mercenary and allowed himself to be Cloned. Young Han would be lost somehow, and fall into child-slavery with Garris Shrike, only to escape and seek the order he was bred for by rejoining the Empire as an officer / pilot - only to be cashiered out again for saving Chewbacca. I'd actually like to see a lot of this story told for the television series. An actor playing Han from ages 3 or 5 to age 23 would not have to look exactly like the 29 year old Harrison Ford in ANH, and the show wouldn't tread on the Brian Daley / Ann Crispin books concerning Han when he was older. As a matter of fact, Crispin was not allowed to write about Han's Imperial days or much of what happened prior to that, including his rescue of Chewbacca. I wonder...

Han's father (Denn Solo's son) was also never named. Curious. Neither was his father's sister who fled to Corellia with Han's grandmother.

There's story potential here.

El Chuxter
07-28-2006, 04:42 PM
But Han would've noticed if he looked like all the Stormtroopers.

Tycho
07-28-2006, 04:59 PM
But Han would've noticed if he looked like all the Stormtroopers.

Who said he didn't? There's nothing in the OT to suggest that he DID or DID NOT.

Plus when they removed the Stormtroopers' armor to disguise themselves (with the uniforms of the two they killed on the Falcon aboard the first Death Star), we were not shown them adding on their armor or removing it from the dead men. (Actually, you wonder how they were killed, as there doesn't seem to be any blaster holes or claw or knife wounds to the uniforms).

Anyway, those troopers could have also been conscripts.

However, you look at the scenes where Han interacts with Stormtroopers and it is interesting:

ANH: His run down the hallways of the Death Star knowing exactly how to scare them - then running into too many of them himself.

ESB: His torture at the hands of Vader flanked by Troopers, who also pull him away from Leia, not to mention his being surrounded by them on Cloud City while Lando describes his deal with the Empire.

ROTJ: Han's fight with the bikerscout and the irony of the stormtrooper body count outside the shield generator bunker door.

If those were all "other, younger Han's," it makes it rather ironic. Plus that Han is helping the Rebels, while Luke knows who and what he is, (as probably do many Rebels), it makes Han a more threatening mercenary capable of changing loyalties throughout the entire trilogy - though ultimately his love for Leia and his friendship for Luke, plus having Chewie as a moral compass, prevents any thought of that sort from ever occuring to him.

Also there's poetic symmetry in a Clone (like Alpha for example) serving the Jedi, and Han's occupying a position at Luke's side.

Meanwhile, look at Boba Fett's POV:

Han's brand of Clone replaced Fett's beloved father's.

Han Solo himself appears to have forsaken that honor and "deserted" the Empire anyway.

Both know tricks like hiding a ship on the back of an asteroid or Star Destroyer.

Both know survival skills down to extremes like stuffing a "bounty" in TaunTaun guts.

Both have hot, customed ships whose appearance belittle their real capabilities.

Both competed for Jabba the Hutt's favoritism.

Both have a disdain for droids - the Fett family was bred to fight them - and C-3PO is not Han's favorite person.

Anyway, it goes on and on.

Kidhuman
08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
Well I canceled my order with EE for this set and went with this place (http://www.razorsedgecollectibles.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=24) instead. They are 27.99 plus shipping, far below EE's price. I bet it will be ecven cheaper for the L.A. guys to get from here also with shipping, rather than drving to EE for it.

Darth Instigator
08-10-2006, 08:03 PM
10-4 kid, I just did the same thing! much better price

DarthQuack
08-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I was telling people to go to SWS to get them, cause you could get the Lucas Family with it for 49 I think, so that was a good deal if you wanted them.

dindae
08-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the heads up KH. I'm holding off changing for a bit. I'm waiting to see if anyone will offer a Republic Commando / Imperial Conference Room combo.

Kidhuman
08-11-2006, 07:37 AM
I do know Razors edge will also have the DS conference set as I emailed him about it.
They are awaiting the catalouge from Diamond to place their order so they an put it up. He will combine shipping on the two of them as well.

Kidhuman
12-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I just got an email from razorsedgecollectibles stating this set has arrived and ready to be shipped. Unfortunately I am awaiting the Death Star conference set also for combined shipping on these. Check your local stores for any info on getting these.

Slicker
12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
I too got the confirmation from Razors Edge.

I'll have to check and make sure I've got the Conference Room from them (I'm pretty sure I cancelled the EE order) and I'll get the combined shipping as well.

Darth Instigator
12-17-2006, 08:42 PM
me three, this is excellent timing

DarkArtist
12-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I pre-ordered from EE but haven't recieved email saying that they are going to ship. would be sweet to get this before Christmas though.

mtriv73
12-17-2006, 11:17 PM
My first set will be here tuesday from BBTS. I can't wait.

jedi master sal
12-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Nice! Say did you fellas who ordered from Razor's Edge do so on my tip about them? I can't remember. I got my notification from him yesterday, IIRC. Mike (from Razor's) is a good guy to deal with. Excellent customer service, and the fact that you can call him up and talk directly with him, goes a long way with me, besides his low prices.

Slicker
12-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Nice! Say did you fellas who ordered from Razor's Edge do so on my tip about them? I can't remember. I got my notification from him yesterday, IIRC. Mike (from Razor's) is a good guy to deal with. Excellent customer service, and the fact that you can call him up and talk directly with him, goes a long way with me, besides his low prices.It was both a recommendation from you and KH.

I emailed him last night about combined shipping on the Briefing Room pack and he promptly emailed me back that since it's due to ship next month he can easily combine.

I very highly recommend them just for the fact that it's a personal email and not just some computer generated one that gets sent to everyone.

Kidhuman
12-18-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes Sal, I used him on the ACME Character ARC Trooper tip from you. I love that place. He is a great guy to deal with and is holding mine til next month too. Time to get some OT in now for em.

Luuuuuuke
12-18-2006, 09:26 PM
I pre-ordered from EE but haven't recieved email saying that they are going to ship. would be sweet to get this before Christmas though.

I'm a little confused about my EE order. It's "in stock" but I have not gotten an email telling me I can pick mine up.

Tenric78
12-19-2006, 12:08 AM
Did any of you guys order this from Andrews Toyz? I'm still waiting to find out when its going to ship...

Mad Slanted Powers
12-19-2006, 02:03 AM
I'm a little confused about my EE order. It's "in stock" but I have not gotten an email telling me I can pick mine up.

I just checked their site as well and it also says "Hot Off the Truck 12/15/2006", so they've not had them that long. We should be seeing them pretty soon.

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Ah good, KH and Slick. Glad to see you took advantage of that site. (I remember you, KH, ordering the ARC.)

Slick, that's just one reason why I like dealing with him. Yes, you do get thecomputer generated invoices, but you also get those personal ones too. He's a good guy and should you ever run into a problem with your orde, he's only a phone call away. And as I mentioned before, he's very approachable in that respect. While he's a business man, he's VERY much a collector as well and totally gets our fanatacism. And the thing is, NOONE can ever accuse him of being a scalper. He consistently has lower prices than places much biger than him. Over the last year of doing business with him, I know I've save a couple hundred. This is not just on the price listed for the items I order, but also on shipping.

BTW, I don't get anything out of it, if you were to mention my name, it just adds to my own credibility with him. So I'm not asking you folks to say I told you about the site. That's purely up to you.

plasticfetish
12-19-2006, 03:02 AM
I spotted these at a local shop the other day (they were charging $40 so I held off for now), and they looked really cool. You guys will be happy with them I'm sure. :)

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Say P-F, what's the OMSI avatar? What's the acronym mean?

dindae
12-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Well EE charged my card today so I should be seeing it anytime now.

mtriv73
12-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Mine got here yesterday. I didn't have time to open it, but it looks great in package. It looks like there are differences not only in the paint schemes, but in the backpacks and other ornamentation on the clones. I was expecting straight repaints, so I was pleasantly surprised. The geonosians look great as well.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Say P-F, what's the OMSI avatar? What's the acronym mean?
That's the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland, OR. That is where the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit is. I went down there in October.

pegger
12-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Ah good, KH and Slick. Glad to see you took advantage of that site. (I remember you, KH, ordering the ARC.)

Slick, that's just one reason why I like dealing with him. Yes, you do get thecomputer generated invoices, but you also get those personal ones too. He's a good guy and should you ever run into a problem with your orde, he's only a phone call away. And as I mentioned before, he's very approachable in that respect. While he's a business man, he's VERY much a collector as well and totally gets our fanatacism. And the thing is, NOONE can ever accuse him of being a scalper. He consistently has lower prices than places much biger than him. Over the last year of doing business with him, I know I've save a couple hundred. This is not just on the price listed for the items I order, but also on shipping.

BTW, I don't get anything out of it, if you were to mention my name, it just adds to my own credibility with him. So I'm not asking you folks to say I told you about the site. That's purely up to you.

Jeez - if I read this yesterday - I would have told him you put me onto the site too. I talked to Mike yesterday. Seemed real nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get it by Friday....but I doubt it (stupid customs)

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Jeez - if I read this yesterday - I would have told him you put me onto the site too. I talked to Mike yesterday. Seemed real nice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get it by Friday....but I doubt it (stupid customs)

Hey cool pegger. Well, like I said, I don't get anything for "refferals" except maybe his gratitude for the business and a little higher preference to deal with. But certainly no merchandise. I refer people to him because he's easy to del with, great prices, excellent shipping (and shipping costs), fantastic customer service.

If I had to vote on one e-tailor of the year, it would have to be Razor's Edge. (Okay, enough, sorry folks. Don't want it to seem like I'm brown nosing to him. I am genuine in my assesment of Razor's, nothing further.)

Slicker
12-19-2006, 02:21 PM
I totally hear ya JMS. Anymore it seems that it's tougher and tougher to find a good e-tailer what with Kebco and recently OMGCNFO.

plasticfetish
12-19-2006, 03:42 PM
That's the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry in Portland, OR.Exactly! :)

www.omsi.org (http://www.omsi.org/)

Mad Slanted Powers
12-19-2006, 07:47 PM
And I just got the message that my Republic Commando set has shipped.

jedi master sal
12-19-2006, 10:56 PM
And I just got the message that my Republic Commando set has shipped.

Sweet, if you're able, post some really good detailed pics!

Mad Slanted Powers
12-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately, the only cameras I have are a cheap digital one I got when I joined Earthlink many years ago, and the camera built into my iMac. The latter is the better of the two, but not too portable.

DarkArtist
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
just got my email conformation that the Commando's have shipped. Here's hoping that they arrive before Christmas.

Luuuuuuke
12-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Picked this set up today. Like it, but I have to say, if I had gotten this set a year ago, I wouldn't feel so bad about the paint job on some of my customs:D These commandos don't exactly have the best or most precise paint designs. I have 3 extra Scorches, so now I feel really good about just painting them with a white primer and pretty much giving them any paint job. They should fit right in.

jonthejedi
12-22-2006, 05:50 AM
My set's showing up tomorrow from EE. Doesn't sound like it was worth the wait. I'm looking forward to the Death Star briefing room set...I only wish the officers had the capacity(plastically speaking) to sit.

jedi master sal
12-22-2006, 09:52 AM
My set's showing up tomorrow from EE. Doesn't sound like it was worth the wait. I'm looking forward to the Death Star briefing room set...I only wish the officers had the capacity(plastically speaking) to sit.

That's been the gripe of just about everyone.

Of all the scenes they picked to NOT have knee articulated figures, this is about the worst choice they could have made. It's just Hasbro trying to save some money by reusing old molds, but under the guise that they are giving us something new and different. They are to a point, but since each officer is made from the same basic mold, how much harder would it have been to make the knees articulated? Throw on another $1 or 2 to the set and the tool and dye work should be paid for.

Ah well, I'm just glad we are getting them in some fashion. Not sure I'll say the same thing in a couple of years, if (more like WHEN) Hasbro redoes them and with knee articulation.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Well, a package came today, but it wasn't the Commando set. It was the Pablo Jill I bought from eBay.

jedi master sal
12-24-2006, 11:35 AM
Well, a package came today, but it wasn't the Commando set. It was the Pablo Jill I bought from eBay.

Dontchas just hate when your mad crazy excited about getting something in the mail, and what you get isn't what you were hoping for?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Something's better than nothing. I had been outbid a couple times on that figure before. This time there was a buy it now option for $18 so I went ahead and did that.

DarkArtist
12-27-2006, 08:32 AM
well still nothing in the mail yet. the last time I ordered something from EE I got the email and the next day the package was at the doorstep. I guess with the holidays the post office is backed up. here's hoping that it arrives before the New Year.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Mine arrived yesterday. Don't plan on opening it any time soon though.

DarkArtist
12-28-2006, 03:15 PM
just arrived today. can't wait to open it. came home from work for lunch and it was sitting on my doorstep. the packaging looks good but as I am a loose collector these bad boys will soon be out for display.

pegger
12-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Got mine today from Razor's Edge. First off, Mike was GREAT to deal with. Kepy me informed all the way through - was nice on the phone - and packed this thing AWESOMELY. If I was a carded collected I'd have been really happy.

As I tore mine open (the box was nice BTW) - I was very giddy!!! Of course, they are all the same sculpt - so they all have the same short comings (i.e. no knees) - but they are rather nice, and look great on AOTC clone shelf (in my Chrsitmas gift from my wife - an approx. 5" tall glass display cabinet - 25 figs per shelf, 4 total shelves....)

Thanks Mike! And thanks Sal!!

dindae
12-30-2006, 09:17 PM
Got mine today I given that people were dissapointed in the set I was preparing to be as well. But I must say I was quite happy. The paint on mine was pretty good. The parts that are the "hand painted' by the troopers are a little sloppy but I feel they should be.

figrin bran
12-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I still haven't gotten around to opening mine.

I didn't buy mine from Mike of Razor's edge but i have bought other stuff from him in the past and he's definitely among the best online sellers out there. I think KH first recommended him. Just like Pegger said, great communication, great service, great email updates, great packing.

DarthQuack
01-03-2007, 11:58 AM
I received it today along with the Lucas Collector's Family Set from SWS....I had forgotten that I ordered this a while back and am not collecting anymore right now, so anyone who hasn't ordered it yet let me know, or else I'll just be putting it up for auction.

jedi master sal
01-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Got mine today from Razor's Edge. First off, Mike was GREAT to deal with. Kepy me informed all the way through - was nice on the phone - and packed this thing AWESOMELY. If I was a carded collected I'd have been really happy.

As I tore mine open (the box was nice BTW) - I was very giddy!!! Of course, they are all the same sculpt - so they all have the same short comings (i.e. no knees) - but they are rather nice, and look great on AOTC clone shelf (in my Chrsitmas gift from my wife - an approx. 5" tall glass display cabinet - 25 figs per shelf, 4 total shelves....)

Thanks Mike! And thanks Sal!!

No thanks needed man. I'm happy to help out anyway I can.

I got my sets too. I ordered two. (1 to open and 1 carded)

I'm diggin' them. I like Boss and Fixer. Kinda used to Scorch at the moment, so nothing new there. I'm onnly slightly disappointed with the Sev figure. Really the paint job. Looks like they used a rose colored nail polish on him...

Otherwise this is an excellent set for a great price. Now I just need to customize all those freakin' Scorch figures I got back when.

Warstar
01-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Got mine today- I totally dig the Rep Commandos! w00t!

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, just paid for mine, should have it on Saturday or Monday along with the briefing set.

jedi master sal
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Well, just paid for mine, should have it on Saturday or Monday along with the briefing set.

Get those from Razors?

Kidhuman
01-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Of course I did Salvatore

jedi master sal
01-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Of course I did Salvatore

Good man. (And it's "Sal"acious...heh)