PDA

View Full Version : Your highs&lows out of this years Comic-con

Devo
07-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Rather than start a thread on each new item as seems to be the trend at rebelscum I'd rather talk about it all in one - and thus...

:thumbsup: The Imperial Conference room Battle-pack - in one swoop Hasbro beefs up our dioramas with 4 new Imperial characters, a previously requested rerelease of Motti, a modified ANH Tarkin and a Vader appropriate to the scene (no 500th or Emperors wrath sculpt here thank god!!).

:thumbsup: Saesee Tinns Starfighter - OK its another jedi starfighter repaint but this looks too cool to pass up. I'll be buying this as well as Kit Fisto's. I love the Delta-7 starfighter

:thumbsup: AAT - its a good army building vehicle and this is an absolutely fantastic paintjob. No question, I'm buying this.

:thumbsup: Hailfire droid - actually a better paint scheme than the movie version and a cool looking PT vehicle/droid. It'll be hard to pass up..so I probably won't.

:thumbsup: Dagobah X-wing/Rogue 2 Snowspeeder/Grey large wing TIE - cool paintjobs, cool add-on value, cool pack-in figure, cool diorama-like cardboard backdrops and a release I previously missed in the large wing TIE.

:thumbsup: the modified VOTC Chewbacca from the ESB commemorative tin. Great new head-sculpt on the best Chewie figure ever made - this one will look amazing carrying Threepio on his back in the Carbon freezing Chamber as he watches Han being lowered into the freeze pit.

:thumbsup: a Hoth Luke kitbash - it may not be the SA one we're all expecting one day but it makes for a good post-wampa escape Luke trudging with difficulty through the snow storm. I like it.

:thumbsup: VTSC Scout trooper with flip up visor!!!! The Endor AT-AT pack-in is immediately moot.

:thumbsup: Also another endor Rebel with a superb new head sculpt on the old but still pretty good POTF2 body - more diversity to the rebel ranks.

:thumbsup: What looks like a kind of kitbash Ewok Celebration Leia - but she looks like she's smaller than the old one which is good and the soft-goods look very well realised.

:thumbsup: The Cantina Band!!! No one thought these would see release again and I'm thankful that they have since I have NO Bith figures at all - I even missed the one from Jabba's palace.

:thumbsup: R5-A1 - an R5 repaint already and not a moment too soon either. I love black astromechs.

:thumbsup: Holographic Cody - it looks like its been pulled off nicely although I don't even have the non-holographic version.

:thumbsup: the new paintjob on Nabrun Leids Cantina Alien

:thumbsup: Baccara's Clone legion - not a fan of clones but even I must admit to liking the look of this one

:thumbsup: Utapuan airborne trooper - for completism sake its good they've come out with this even if I'm not in love with the helmet design.

:thumbsup: What appears to be a Han in Stormtrooper disguise using the VOTC sculpt. Just not sure what I'm looking at in terms of the red markings on the helmet or the semi-blue effect on the armour - is that real? If so what a shame that we finally get a decent Han Stormtrooper after almost 30 years and its given some wierd inappropriate paintjob. Surely not.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 08:53 PM
The low was the Yarna joke.

Devo
07-21-2006, 08:56 PM
T'was a vicious strike below the beltline alright. What were they thinking.

jjreason
07-21-2006, 08:58 PM
High point - hearing that Hasbro declared 10 figures from the Fan's Choice poll are being made for next year. With any luck, those rolls will see the light of day yet, KH.

Devo
07-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Thats a good sign but I bet they're all EU figures about which I generally care less.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 09:04 PM
High point - hearing that Hasbro declared 10 figures from the Fan's Choice poll are being made for next year. With any luck, those rolls will see the light of day yet, KH.

I wanna see rolls like a bakery damn it.

Droid
07-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Highlight Imperials. Low point Yarna "joke".

Hope they paint Kitik green this time.

I'd still like to hear what they said at the Q&A and what the reaction in the room was to the Yarna announcement and the reveal that it was a joke.

Droid
07-21-2006, 09:37 PM
So is the punchline of the Yarna "joke" that they aren't listening and couldn't care less?

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Probably :rolleyes:

General_Grievous
07-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Highs: Seeing great stuff like the Kashyyk and Mygeeto clones, Airborne Trooper, Lava Miner, the Imperial Officers (new Tarkin and Tagge)
Lows: Yarna joke, kitbashed Padme, finding out the Imperial Meeting pack is a Diamond Exclusive, and all those f***ing EU clone and battle droid repaints! (major boo to the first and last ones)

figrin bran
07-21-2006, 11:13 PM
i loved seeing all the new titaniums - at-te! at-st! aotc obi wan fighter + hyper ring!

i loved seeing the parjai squad clones, the galactic marines and the kashykk troopers. looks like the in store policy for me next year is going to be "no clones left behind"

i definitely want the Modal Nodes set though i'm disappointed it's a WM exclusive. i already pre-ordered the Republic Commando set.

i'm not a big fan of the OT troops with removable helmets however. it takes all the air of mystery out of these guys. and it likes like they're using the temuera head on them too. whatever happened to the imperial troops being recruited humans and not clones?

i'm also a bit disappointed that 2 of the upcoming clone repaints are actually designs from the craptastic deluxe clone 3 packs. i was hoping for single carded Star Corps clones.

Kidhuman
07-21-2006, 11:21 PM
I loved the titaniums, Commando set, Death Star set, Galactic Heroes. I also like the clone madness coming up.

The low points were A Diamond exclusive, Yarna joke, repacks, Yarna joke and the Yarna joke

figrin bran
07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
the mcquarrie figures were another high point. somewhere turbowars must be smiling about that!

AmanaMatt
07-21-2006, 11:42 PM
Hasbro has angered me with this year's con - they have gotten lazy and now insulting. The Yarna joke was not funny.

Kiss my arse, Hasbro

figrin bran
07-22-2006, 01:28 AM
time to get over the yarna joke already!

how many cobra jokes did those of us, though we may be few on this board, who like Revan have to endure? well payback is a six breasted britch, ain't it? :p

bigbarada
07-22-2006, 01:42 AM
High points: the upcoming Galactic Heroes assortments, 12" scale Jabba and Bib Fortuna, GG Slave Leia :love: , Medicom SD TIE Fighter Pilot

Low points: All of a sudden every Imperial trooper needs to have Jango Fetts head?:rolleyes: All the repaints are giving me flashbacks of GI Joe: Tiger Force.

Did Hasbro even showcase a single all-original figure? Or were they all repaints and kit-bashed?

figrin bran
07-22-2006, 02:05 AM
as i wrote earlier, i'm not thrilled at all about the jango heads on all the imperial troops. i just might pass on all them then!

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 04:15 AM
Imperials is high up on my list of things to look forward to, I also pre-ordered the Commando set(KH you may want to get it at SWS, packaged with Lucas family for only 49.99, 59 shipped, instead of EE which is 41 shipped.)

DarthBrandon
07-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Highs: Seeing great stuff like the Kashyyk and Mygeeto clones, Airborne Trooper, Lava Miner, the Imperial Officers (new Tarkin and Tagge)
Lows: Yarna joke, kitbashed Padme, finding out the Imperial Meeting pack is a Diamond Exclusive, and all those f***ing EU clone and battle droid repaints! (major boo to the first and last ones)

Pretty much the same thing (save me from typing it all) with one more high & low to add.

High: Ralph McQuarrie concepts

Low: knowing we won't see any of the extended part of the line up here.

Qui-Long Gone
07-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Highs: all the pics everyone has posted :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lows: didn't get to attend....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2006, 12:38 PM
I really like the look of the new figures. Sure, they're not completely "new," but it will be nice to have something to collect this fall.

I like the look of the new clones, even if they aren't from the film. However, they are based on concept designs . . . and everyone likes the McQuarrie concept figures . . . so why is everyone crying about them? I just noticed that we're also getting a more articulated version of the gold clone from the DVD three-pack, which is pretty cool.

I don't have any AOTC Sergeant clones so it'll be great to finally get one.

More astros are welcome in my book. I also like the camoflague battle droids, and the fact that they're in a two-pack, which likely means we'll get regular deco droids in a two-pack someday.

I was hoping that the Holo Cody would have a larger head from another clone, but, whatever. Hopefully the helmet is still removable.

When in ROTS did Obi-Wan ever transmit as a hologram? There are plenty of other holo figures to make, so Obi-Wan was a weird choice.

The Kashyyyk Clone using the VTSC Biker Scout body is just damn cool. I'll be getting several, if I can find them.

Commander Appo looks great. I may get a few and remove the pauldron to make some run-of-the-mill 501st clones.

The Jedi Aurra Sing is interesting, to say the least.

I like how they're releasing a kitbashed Geonosis Padmé that doesn't completely suck. The head is a little small, though.

I don't like that five of the new figures will be WM exclusives. Hopefully I can find the ones I want.

The cantina repacks look good but as I already have them I'll pass. However, I will get that sweet tin of the Modal Nodes.

It's unfortunate that every tin has at least one new-ish figure and a few old ones. But, I guess I can use the old figures in my dioramas -- Hoth Luke and Han can go with the new Rogue Two Snowspeeder, and whatnot. I wish they'd used the Commtech Leia instead of the Early Bird one, though. Oh, and I hope that Han is the brown one, since I got the blue variation back in 2003.

I really love the Death Star Briefing pack. We can finally get all those guys in one box. I never got a Motti, so this will be great.

The Republic Commando set also looks killer. I don't have a Scorch, and it's nice to see the rest of his buddies in a set as well, with three Geonosians. I really like these new "bigger" Battle Packs with seven figures instead of five.

Next year sounds sweet so far, and I love the Galactic Marine, Lava Miner, and Airborne Trooper. The cards look better than I thought, with the variety on each figure, but they're still not my favorite.

On the Official Site's slideshow, the comic packs look pretty bizarre. Han appears to use the VTSC body, which is awesome, but the head has those crazy red highlights. At least we can switch out the helmet, or just leave it off. Vader looks pretty cool, with the blue coloring from the old-style comics. The Rebel Trooper looks weird as hell, so does Chewbacca's anime-lookin' face and Tarkin's carnival outfit. But at least they're kinda different, and they'll go well with the comics. Hopefully in future waves they'll have more realistic figures, like when Quinlan comes around.

Also, the Saesee starfighter looks good. Hopefully now that they've got every color they can ease up a bit. I just hope we never see a damn pink one for Shaak Ti. :dead:

It's amazing how much money I'll be spending on new paint this fall. :D

Jargo
07-22-2006, 12:44 PM
Highs: Cantina band, Astromech droids, Imperial officers multi-pack.

Lows: Pretty much everything else. As in stuff we've seen. announced stuff doesn't count for me. Unless I see pictures it doesn't exist.

Dirty low: Yarna wave joke.

bigbarada
07-22-2006, 02:15 PM
. . . and everyone likes the McQuarrie concept figures . . .

Since when?:confused:

mtriv73
07-22-2006, 05:36 PM
I really like all the basic figure stuff I saw from Hasbro except the funky painted rebel trooper (oh well, I'll buy it anyway.) I'm worried about the Wal-mart exclusives. At least they usually put them on their website. The new titaniums are everything I've dreamed of and more. I don't really have a low point. I'll take that back, I guess the low point was seeing that the figures from next year will include coins. Since the POTF figures were the first to include coins and really marked the end on the 1st Star Wars toys, I'm worried that it may do the same again. All in all, Hasbro really exceeded my expectations. Now I just hope they deliver and continue to deliver for a few more years.

I actually thought the Yarna and Willrow joke was funny.

Jargo
07-22-2006, 06:35 PM
if hasbro are willing to make elis helrot who is nigh on impossible to even see in the cantina or those lame assed comic colours things then why is yarna not right up there on the to make list? she spends some considerable time on screen. she interacts with a major character. She's interesting looking and an ugly part of the whole palace scene. It makes no sense. Dead characters i can understand them not making. it's a little macabre in concept.
But yarna? They'll make third droid from the back in that crowd scene or barely glimsed Naboo hangar dude but not a Palace character who's even more noticeable and larger than life. She's more figure worthy than that lame Elom and J'Quille dealio. More noticeable in the movie than Ephant Mon and Hermi Odle.
I'm not over-reacting I'm actually quite calm. Disappointed and let down i think is the feeling.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Since when?:confused:
Since I've been reading the several recent posts of people saying that they love McQuarrie figures and want more of them. But, apparently, you're not in that group. To each his own.

vadersvette
07-22-2006, 11:23 PM
I about ****ed my pants when I saw all the spoils Hasbro has been saving fr us.

-Clones galore! Airborne, Scout, and Marine!!! Plus misc clones too! Glad to see SA versions of the Ep III deluxe clones (never bought those for the lack of articulation) Plus Ep II Clones!

-Astromechs aplenty, including an R5!

-More Cantina Aliens!

-What appears to be a SA Arena Padme!

-Death Star Conference with the whole gang!

-Republic Commandos!

-Great news for me that I don't have to buy the AT-AT for the Scout anymore, because he's in the collector tin set (also great to see that he is based on the VTSC sculpt, not the POTJ one)

Collector Tins:
-Nice retool of Chewie
-Dig the Endor Leia
-Sandtrooper and Snowtrooper--I don't mind the removable helmets--too bad Sandtrooper is not SA
-Nice ANH-clothed Vader with a removable helmet
-They HAD to stick that God-awful VOTC C-3PO in there
-Yes! Cantina Band

Ohter Stuff:
-Love the Marvel sets--but hopefully Luke and Han won't be the POTF2 Stormtrooper scupt, but rather SA.
-Gotta have the Kir Kanos set
-Happy to see the Concept Stormie again (never could find him the first time around)
-The spring-loaded sabers look interesting--may have to get an Anakin/Luke one. Nerf guns also look interesting.
-Yet another version of the TIE Fighter--now with new hatch!:rolleyes: Couldn't they have just released this one (with the bigger wings of course) instead?
-And yet another addition to the rainbow of Jedi Starfighters (come on already! I bought an Obi-Wan fighter from EpII and III and thats it!)

There goes my band account next year!

jedibear
07-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Here's my reactions thus far....

The last Saga Wave: Kinda like last year's last wave of ROTS figures...mostly reworks and re-issues...and yeah, there is definately a little "Clone Overkill" going on with some of those strange un-movie deco's. On those...is the clone pictured on the Hasbro preview with the Praying Mantis
thing (sorry the name escapes me just now...blast away) part of Secura's Felucia squad? Looks like from the coloring...if so THATS cool.
I do really like the two holo's...Cody and Obi-Wan. Commander Appo and the Kassyyk Trooper do look really good...more droids are always welcome. At least the re-issues are of some interesting figures...underwater Kit, Training Maul, Padme....and odd...the weird looking Aurra Sing, the cantina repaints.
My only major concern about this wave is....finding it! Every year, that last wave is always a tough find, especially if it contains any hot figures (like Appo & that Kassyyk Scout).
I'll just say Grrrrr now and get it over with...
And hey...are they working those starfighter molds into the ground or what? I'm relieved that none of 'em feature any unique figures with 'em...makes it easy to pass 'em up.

"Unleashed": It's cool to see them re-issuing some of the older ones in spiffy new packaging for those who missed 'em but my hope is that we get a few new ones in that scale next year too. I like some of the new small-scale sets (like the chancellor's office ones) and the next Hoth series looks good too.

Galactic Heroes: I'm kinda done on these but those multipack "Cinema Scene" ones are a good idea....but I'll pass. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Exclusives: Yeah, they are still annoying, but at least ther are some cool ones coming outside the now-standard vehicle repaints/reissues (although the Dagobah X-Wing and Zev/Snowspeeder set do look tempting...as does the chance to actually get the TIE with big wings at TRU later this year)
LOVE the Delta Squad set (I'll finally get a Scorch!) Really appreciate the Kanos/Jax set...it was "Crimsom Empire" that pulled me back into SW comics after a long break so these guys have a good nostalgia value for me. I'm also getting a kick out of the "DEATH STAR ELKS LODGE" set...er, the Imperial Officers. Yeah...if only it featured a new improved Tarkin and skipped including yet ANOTHER Vader (I think another IMP officer ala POTJ would've been a reasonable substitute) but what a great set of characters we wouldn't see any other way...and none of these figure exclusives are impossible for those of us who don't live near box store row or make it to conventions to get...bravo on that Hasbro!

The Collector Tins: I know they are probably ellicting alot of groans for the figure choice (lots of lame re-issues) but I'm happy to see they snuck in some figures from the popular "Evo" sets (need some Anakin dupes for display). One niggle for me...I don't know why, but it's disconcerting to see classic Stormtrooper designs with removable helmets revealing a Jango clone inside...silly, i know but I just think it's unnecessary.
The Tins with the fine Sando artwork look good...and I'm wondering...hopefully someone who was at the con can comment...are they big enough to hold the DVD's? If yes, what a nice display that'll make in our DVD collections...

Next Year: Yeah...the packaging's what it is (and still kinda Ugh!...and very much Un-Star Wars)...but seeing the words "Airborne Trooper" on one of the new cards almost makes me a believer...can't WAIT for that figure. In fact, all three of those pictured, the Galactic Marine, the Airborne Trooper and the Mustafar Lava Miner look really cool. I'm just happy to see that despite it being the 30th anniversary of the classic film, Hasbro isn't going to abandon the prequels as a source for figures next year....there are still some interesting ones to be had from the whole saga!

Darth Cruel
07-23-2006, 12:57 AM
I definitely found the "not a chance in Hell of these figures ever being made" joke to be one a (if not THE) high point!

Of course it must come in second to all of the clone repaints coming out...this news rocks to me. I know there are lots of collectors that will be happy when the clone love ends...and actually I will be as well, but for a dirfferent reason...I'll be happy that they all got made while I know some of you all will be happy they are not being made any more.

I like the comic art figures...like the SA Han in tormtrooper, green and red Tarkin (or whoever it is supposed to be) and all of those. as well. They will look good hanging on my wall still on the cards.

And I am also cool with the fact that we are getting a NcQuarrie concept figure in each of the first 8 waves...that is cool.

Phantom-like Menace
07-23-2006, 01:13 AM
well payback is a six breasted britch, ain't it? :p

That just made my day.

figrin bran
07-23-2006, 01:22 AM
That just made my day.

maybe i should've just said "COBRA!!!!!!" :p

kool-aid killer
07-23-2006, 12:41 PM
So, has it been revealed what that vehicle is thats has a black cloth over it? Its mixed in among the other Star Wars vehicles, but i havent read anybody mention it.

DarthBrandon
07-23-2006, 01:30 PM
So, has it been revealed what that vehicle is thats has a black cloth over it? Its mixed in among the other Star Wars vehicles, but i havent read anybody mention it.

I do believe it was another Jedi Starfighter (AOTC style), orange in color I think.

Rogue II
07-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Highs: Cantina band, Astromech droids, Imperial officers multi-pack.

Lows: Pretty much everything else. As in stuff we've seen. announced stuff doesn't count for me. Unless I see pictures it doesn't exist.

Dirty low: Yarna wave joke.

Same for me. Just add Kitik Keed'kak to the highs. The way the Q&As were going, I expected more info. Other than the Cantina sets, the collector's tins are an easy pass.

The "Joke": A while back I posted a joke question elsewhere asking if Hasbro ever gets tired of fanboys whining and begging. I guess the answer is yes.

Jargo
07-23-2006, 02:52 PM
It was saesee Tiin's starfighter in shades or orange (yummy) with saesee's head tattoo design on the run down from the cockpit to the nose. I actually like it a lot. I like the green Kit Fisto one too. I actually like the wedge shape of this fighter more than the ROS starfighter.

I've changed my mind over some stuff since scrutinising lots of pics across the net. The Haydakin head on the removable helmet vader in that collector tin is pretty cool, And i like a lot more being stuff i won't buy. At least with the scant few items that could tempt me I'm not going to end up in debt.

El Chuxter
07-24-2006, 01:09 AM
High points (in order):

1) VENOM!!!!!!!!

2) TMNT trailer/clip

3) Pirates 3 footage

Oh, this was supposed to be Hasbro-related? :D

Guys, think seriously about the Yarna joke. They said that about ten figures from the list were going to be made, then immediately showed that fake wave? You think at least Willrow and Yarna aren't both pretty much confirmed by that? They're crazy sometimes, but I doubt they're suicidal.

bigbarada
07-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I agree, Chuxter.

I'm actually more confident that we'll see a Yarna figure now than I was before Hasbro made their joke. Do you think that they are not paying very close attention to what the reaction to their little prank is?

My prediction: we'll see a prototype before the end of the year.

Kidhuman
07-24-2006, 07:00 AM
My prediction: we'll see a prototype before the end of the year.

I think toy fair.

JEDIpartner
07-24-2006, 09:36 AM
I like Yoda's BARC Trooper but will pass on the rest of that last wave. I can't be bothered with anymore trooper variants at this time. I AM looking forward to the Mygeeto Space Marine and the Utapau Airborne trooper as those are clearly new designs. I think there are some nice, new figures coming down the pike. I think there are going to be loads of reissues that I can pass up and that makes me happy as well. I'll definitely be putting those McQuarrie concept figures on my "to order" list as it looks like those are going to be short packed. *sigh* I'm also very happy to be able to flesh out the Death Star meeting scene with the Diamond Exclusive pack of Imperial Officers. :thumbsup:

Beyond those things... *shrug* :tired:

stillakid
07-24-2006, 11:23 AM
I was kinda bummed when the Master Replicas guy told me that there were no real plans to make a ROTJ Vader reveal mask. :( It's a solid "maybe."

Turbowars
07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Highs

Meeting Deoxy!
Seeing all the Hot SW chicks wearing next to nothing!
Seeing SSC 12" Jabba in person and ordering everything in the case!
Hasbro's Imperial officer conference set with Wulf!
Talking to Mark from Hasbro for 2 hours.
GG's Busts and statues
Quentin Tarantino's and Robert Rodriguez's preview of thier double feature GRINDHOUSE! It looks AWESOME!
Seeing Rosario Dawson and Rose Mc Gowan in person!
Picking up my Shock troopers.
Parking in the convention parking lot.Downers

Hasbro's April fools joke with Hood and Yarna
Crowd
Leaving too early on Friday
Seeing that Fat Scout trooper.
Food
Some of the people that work at the con are morons
Carrie Fisher (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000402/) getting old.:cry:
Missing Ray Park playing with his saber and I mean a light saber. ;)
Feet hurting like crazy
Too much $ spent!

Banthaholic
07-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Highs:
Death Star conference Room, wow!
Clone Commandos and Geonosians (funny I'm more psyched about the genosians than the commandos)
White Tie Fighter (nice Vintage throw back)
Cantina Band tin set (all 5 will display nicely)
6 exclusive Wal-mart figures (about time they have something other than titanium gift sets and lightsaber packs)

Lows:
Not seeing Sith Infiltrator, V-wing
No news on Star Tours or Hasbro Christmas line
No news on Star Wars Kurt Adler
Yarna & ICMG

Tycho
07-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Lows (first):

1) Seeing Zizzle's Black Pearl pirate ship for their 3 3/4" figures (with Hasbro's Mark Breodaux's directions through the exhibit hall to find it), then returning to really complain that we don't have Jabba the Hutt's sailbarge for our action figures! Grrrrr. (The Black Pearl is really an awesome toy!) Darryl DePreist was lucky he wasn't around after I saw the Pirates' ship. I was really, really, really, really mad. Did I say I was mad? Repainted Jedi Starfighters? I think I would have broken into their display case and shoved those starfighters up their noses because of the Black Pearl! That really ticked me off! I mean I wanted to shoot their Nerf guns at people! I wanted them to eat their repacked Galactic Heroes! I wanted to dog-collar them with their repainted Hailfire Droids' wheels! Does that even begin to explain how mad I was?

2) The Wilrow Hood joke and Funeral Pyre Vader and Impaled Qui-Gon figure suggestions were not funny! I AM a fanboy, and I DO seriously want those. I could care less about Yarna myself, but I'll support her fans just the same, trading my patronage for your support for my Funeral Pyre Vader figure, etc. I'm indifferent on Dead Owen and Dead Beru. I'd buy them, but it's not a priority for me.

3) I also wanted to see the Sith Infiltrator and V-wing. No such luck. I wanted to see the 2007 figures in person as well. Oh well. Instead I saw repainted Jedi Starfighters. Maybe they brought out some '07's to display at the show, but I just didn't happen to notice them. I had a lot of other things going on.

4) I missed Ray Park and Kevin Smith. :cry: I forgot my pass on Saturday when I was headed in to see Smith at 1pm, then had to turn back. It was so hot I ended up taking a nap and staying home. Steve called and told me Smith wouldn't be on until 6:30pm anyway. I did go back to see his show but I ran into a very good friend of mine (of many years) and went out to dinner with her and her family instead (besides, I learned that I never would have made it into the hall where Smith was greeting fans because folks had lined up for that several hours in advance and it was totally full. (He's really, really funny and goes to every Comic Con). As to Ray Park - he wasn't supposed to be there but surprised everyone anyway. I was home when he showed up. Oh how I would have liked to fight-train with him. I'm bringing my lightsaber with me to Celebration 4!

The Highs:

1) I got all my Mirror Universe Star Trek exclusive figures and the got the free Lt. Marla Monreau figure.

2) I pre-ordered that Jabba the Hutt (finding room for it will be a new low, some months later)

3) I got to see so many friends and hang out with a few of you guys.

There's many more I will think of - but I had to vent about that Zizzle Pirate Ship! I think about that a lot, then listen to violent heavy metal and imagine myself attacking Hasbro employees yelling "You won't give us Wilrow Hood, what????!!!!"

BoShek
07-30-2006, 12:23 PM
What's wrong with Yarna? Come on, a new female character that almost was made for the original line. Why is she a "joke" now?

Deoxyribonucleic
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
i missed the panel :(

#1 Meeting carrie fisher, a childhood dream and she gave me a big hug which I have a picture of, soon to be on my myspace
#2 Meeting Turbo and Swabie in person, I LOVE YOU TURBO ;) :love: I wish we could have hung out more!
#3 Bought some orginal artwork from illustrator/artist Matt Busch and he sketched me a great picture of Princess Leia. He's a really, really nice guy too!
#4 Just being with all of my friends and forgetting all of life's problems
#5 Preordered Sideshow's Boussh, damn that whole Jabba scene had me drooling! They have a fantastic booth
#6 Taking many pictures of me doing naughty things to various 501st members...you guys are great and I thank you all for having such a great sense of humor and playing along with me. I'll be posting those pics soon too haha

lows
#1 not being able to meet up with Tycho, sorry I missed my dear friend but at least we tried eh? :)
#2 Panels were not very good this year for some reason and I LOVE going to panels
#3 Lorne Peterson panel was horrible because they couldn't get the multimedia stuff to work and they spent literally 3 quarters of the panel time trying to get it to work, I was really disappointed, but at least I got to see him!

Turbowars
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
#2 Meeting Turbo and Swabie in person, I LOVE YOU TURBO ;) :love: I wish we could have hung out more!
What? That should had been your # 1 HIGH damn it! :whip: Yeah it would had been cool to hang out, we were all so busy. Love you too babe. ;) BTW, did you get my e-mail?