PDA

View Full Version : Millennium Falcon Signature Edition Unveiled

JediTricks
07-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Live from San Diego, Master Replicas announces a Signature Edition to the Studio Scale Millennium Falcon - Han Solo's John Hancock.

Just this minute at 9:01pm PDT, unveiled at Master Replica's San Diego Comic Con party, the Signature Edition Millennium Falcon will be all the amazing wonder of their Studio Scale Falcon plus with Harrison Ford's signature as well. With an edition size of just 500 units and a pricetag of $2,799, this is sure to be a sought-after collectible - especially as Harrison Ford doesn't do a whole lot of these sorts of things. Master Replicas has worked long and hard to make this incredible Signature Edition happen, and soon it can be yours.

Check out the Studio Scale Millennium Falcon (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4931) gallery in our San Diego Comic Con 2006 coverage.

JediTricks
07-21-2006, 10:12 PM
The "just this minute" part was in the news, it took me a few more minutes to get the article tightened up, and Steve had to get back to me with the specific numbers.

C5Jedi
07-22-2006, 02:22 AM
Looks great. :thumbsup: Seriously though I'm surprised they don't add a Peter Mayhew signature as well...

(but then maybe since this is the Empire version, the Star Wars version will have Mayhew's signature as well :D - then Billy Dee Williams could sign the Jedi version lol )

Among all the licensees I think Master Replicas and Official Pix are among the best and are my favorites. MR did a outstanding job on the Falcon.

C5Jedi
07-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Did they happen to give any vague release date information - 4th quarter 2006, 1st quarter 2007 etc? Probably no pre-order date yet...

JediTricks
07-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I don't know if they said, I will check with Steve when I talk to him next.

C5Jedi
07-24-2006, 02:37 AM
I don't know if they said, I will check with Steve when I talk to him next.

Good deal thanks.

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 01:49 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=11&p2_articleid=187

Late winter

stillakid
07-24-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=11&p2_articleid=187

Late winter

Are you kidding?! At the rate they're gaining!!!!

Patient Zero
07-24-2006, 02:10 PM
At that price, can anyone say they are actually getting it!?! I just don't see this being a good venture for the company. I just can't fathom it.

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Are you kidding?! At the rate they're gaining!!!!I know, I'd need a bulk cruiser full of cash to outrun the Imperial Creditors with all the expensive SW swag shown off at Comic-Con that's coming out 1st-quarter '07. :p

Blue2th
07-24-2006, 02:56 PM
As I was looking at this at the Con, I wondered if it had any removable panels to look at the inside? I guess I should have asked. It was nice and huge, but without some serious interior sculpting, I couldn't see buying it for that price. At least the Code 3 had removable panels, though smaller and alot cheaper (I wish Code 3 was there)........ I wasn't impressed with the Enterprise either. Nice lights, but the exterior was too smooth, with no paneling or surface imperfections. Maybe that's the way it's supose to be and I'm thinking of the Enterprise A. Good thing I saw it up close, as I was seriously thinking about purchasing one, but not now.

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Master Replicas is making studio prop replicas from these, so anything like interiors wouldn't be on the Falcon, and the TOS Enterprise wouldn't have any surface detailing behind a smattering of windows because that's how the shooting prop was. MR is striving for accuracy to the prop first and foremost. That's not to say I wouldn't love to see the Falcon or Enterprise props made BEYOND the quality of their shooting props, I mean the Falcon doesn't even have real windows - just like the real prop.

Blue2th
07-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I understand. Hence the discription "prop replicas" I guess there is a market for the$e.

JediTricks
07-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Absolutely there is, to be honest, I really would buy this piece if I had the money despite the no-interiors aspect, not even a moment's hesitation... this is probably the ONLY one though. It's just such an awesome representation of the Falcon, it likely cannot get more accurate to the shooting prop than this, and to me that does sometimes matter.

Blue2th
07-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Ya know, I had two reasons this time to watch A New Hope again. One to see those Space Troopers that are outside the Death Star while the Falcon is being Tractor Beamed in (one of the Hasbro figure questions) The other is to look at the Falcon prop. Sure enough I don't see any glass on the cokcpit of the Falcon. Funny how you never notice these things till someone mentions them JT.

JediTricks
07-26-2006, 01:06 PM
The X-wing props (f/x, not full-sized) don't have 'em either, the Icons replica from back in the day showed this, and neither do any of the TIEs, it's wacky. I guess the thinking is that windows would only reflect elements they didn't want in the shot anyway, makes sense but it's strange to think about since we the audience take them for literal items.

BTW, just for reference, MR's Falcon Studio Scale is not from ANH, it's the ESB version, you can tell by the large "boxes" built into the underside just behind the mandibles, there are other little differences like that but those are mega changes.

Tycho
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Well, the rumor is that they sold through! Wow! Who would have thought the market would bare that?

Does anyone know the edition size? It must have been really small. They still have some of the Harrison Ford signature ones left - as those are still a small fortune more than the regular editions - but man!

Did anyone here order that piece?

btw- I would have loved to, but money and lack of it, as well as display space, sort of never allowed that idea to formulate.

C5Jedi
09-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Well, the rumor is that they sold through! Wow! Who would have thought the market would bare that?

Does anyone know the edition size? It must have been really small. They still have some of the Harrison Ford signature ones left - as those are still a small fortune more than the regular editions - but man!

Did anyone here order that piece?

btw- I would have loved to, but money and lack of it, as well as display space, sort of never allowed that idea to formulate.

I ordered the signature edition - edition size was 500. I'm trying to figure out what I have to move around in my collection to make room for it. :D

Tycho
09-25-2006, 04:35 PM
I ordered the signature edition - edition size was 500. I'm trying to figure out what I have to move around in my collection to make room for it. :D

I recommend a bed, desk, the kitchen table, or an automobile in the garage. Seriously.

I saw the ship in person at Comic Con and it is the pride of any collection! Congratulations.

But I'm not kidding about moving some furniture...

Jayspawn
09-26-2006, 06:08 PM
....add another room onto your house, just for the Falcon!

I'd be tempted.