PDA

View Full Version : Now they're just gettin' stupid...

Slicker
07-22-2006, 03:30 AM
...it's quite obvious they've found a new f-ing gimmick (http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc06/sdcc06-hasbroNEW/img_0873.jpg). :rolleyes:

plasticfetish
07-22-2006, 03:55 AM
It doesn't bother me. I think you're over thinking it.

DarthQuack
07-22-2006, 04:10 AM
I take it you're referring to the fact that everyone with a helmet off looks the same now?

Phantom-like Menace
07-22-2006, 04:18 AM
I blame the slew of people wanting removable helmets on every figure. They had to put some face there. It's getting to be that we want so many removable and softgoods items that we might as well be playing dress-up with Barbie.

LTBasker
07-22-2006, 05:22 AM
The irony is that Mark Hamill is listed on imdb.com as being 5' 9" and yet he was "short for a stormtrooper" but Morrison's listing is 5' 7".

I don't see anything wrong with wanting removeable helmets as it adds a better proportion to the helmet compared to the body but only Hasbro is to blame for pushing the Jango clone issue on Imperial troops.

Personally I see it really screwed up they're using that snowtrooper sculpt AGAIN. Which is probably just the gimmick to get people to buy that particular set since NOTHING else is different in it, and the Sandtrooper is only to reuse the retooled sculpt they had to do for the Lucas trooper.

It's hard to believe they made such interesting packs for the prequels but the OT ones are horrible, the only worthwhile one is the ROTJ one becaused of the SA Biker Scout with lift-up visor and different Endor Rebel trooper. Wish they hadn't used the POTF2 body though.

plasticfetish
07-22-2006, 05:26 AM
I take it you're referring to the fact that everyone with a helmet off looks the same now?Yeah, he is... Slicker is talking about how Hasbro is putting a Jango Fett head on a lot of figures. It's a good point, they can (and often do) take a fun idea too far, but it's also a little bit much I think to nit-pick the idea, and to over think the whole "clone" timeline thing.

I think it's cool that they're doing removable helmets on a variety of characters. I think it's kind of cool that they push the Jango clone idea bit... sure maybe too far, but I'm not going to let that be why I do or don't like a figure. It's just not that big a deal to me.

pegger
07-22-2006, 06:27 AM
I agree with slicker - it's lame for OT troops...

Kidhuman
07-22-2006, 07:16 AM
I agree with slicker - it's lame for OT troops...

Chalk me up for agreeance as well.

DarthBrandon
07-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Most of their booth was lame (repaints, Jango head, all the extended figures which we won't be getting) except for the Imperial Officers set. The Officers set is something that I'll be getting for sure, other than that I'll pray we receive some of those extended figures & pass of the tin packs as they put no real thought into them anyways. They could have at least updated Jango, Mace & Gin into better sculpts for the Ann sets. The Helmet thing is a new gimmick for sure, give you the same product with a slight little twist. Oh well, had the Snow Trooper been better articulated I may have considered buying it, but for now I'm going to save some cash for any possible new ships. (won't hold my breath):o

Droid
07-22-2006, 07:36 AM
I think it's cool that they're doing removable helmets on a variety of characters. I think it's kind of cool that they push the Jango clone idea bit... sure maybe too far, but I'm not going to let that be why I do or don't like a figure. It's just not that big a deal to me.

So why aren't they doing it on Boba Fett (yet)?

Darth Jax
07-22-2006, 07:42 AM
i didn't even look at the removable helmets. i figured slick knew what neato action feature han came with fro his pose.

AmanaMatt
07-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Repacks and repaints are not an impressive display. The Death Star set is really the only fig set that really grabbed me.

Qui-Long Gone
07-22-2006, 09:41 AM

I think they did on the Titanium Fett....

Removable helmets don't bother me as gimmicks, you can keep the helmet on after all....gimmicks I can't stand are kung-fu kicking legs and lame @$$ 'slashing action' arms....

Maybe these heads don't fit the OT cannon, but at least were getting more stormtroopers....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2006, 12:20 PM
If you don't like it, then just put the helmet on and forget about it.

I believe that the timeline could potentially be correct. Let's say that these are clones that were embryos during Obi-Wan's visit to Kamino, before Jango was killed. With growth acceleration accounted for, in ANH, they'd be "44," in ESB they'd be "50," and in ROTJ they'd be "52." Granted, that's pretty old for a soldier, but the Rebels used old gray-haired dudes so it's not that impossible. Also, I think that they could be younger clones of clones.

Nevertheless, I also think that they should sometimes use other head sculpts since some were conscripts. At least they realized this with the flip-visor Biker Scout.

Slicker
07-22-2006, 12:47 PM
The irony is that Mark Hamill is listed on imdb.com as being 5' 9" and yet he was "short for a stormtrooper" but Morrison's listing is 5' 7".Good point LT.:thumbsup:

Yeah, he is... Slicker is talking about how Hasbro is putting a Jango Fett head on a lot of figures. It's a good point, they can (and often do) take a fun idea too far, but it's also a little bit much I think to nit-pick the idea, and to over think the whole "clone" timeline thing.
It's actually not even the clone timeline that's getting me it's more the fact that we never see the faces of the OT troopers so I'd like to keep it that way. It's also Hasbro trying to bridge the PT/OT gap and it's just not gonna happen.

bigbarada
07-22-2006, 02:05 PM
...it's quite obvious they've found a new f-ing gimmick (http://www.rebelscum.com/sdcc06/sdcc06-hasbroNEW/img_0873.jpg). :rolleyes:

I fully agree, having Jango's face under there really destroys the whole Nazi-like feel of the Imperials. I would have preferred it if Lucas had cast a blonde haired, blue-eyed Arian as the prototype for the clones.

It's more annoying than anything else for Hasbro to take an existing figure, slap a Jango head on it, and expect us to all go ga-ga over it.:stupid:

This and the day-glo repaints are going to make it very easy for me to take a one-year break from collecting.

Apart from the grey TIE fighter, the Endor AT-AT, Imperial Astromechs, and the Imperial Officers pack, there's not much else that has really got me excited.

JEDIpartner
07-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Chalk me up for agreeance as well.

Ditto me on that, KH!

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 04:11 PM

The Titanium Series forged Boba Fett figure does have a removable helmet. It just doesn't look anything like Temuera Morrison.

Honestly, while I don't collect the Hasbro lines anymore, I don't see what the fuss is all about. I seem to remember collectors begging for removable helmet troopers in the past. Now that it's been revealed through LFL that some OT troopers are in fact Jango clones, Hasbro has begun using that fact in their figures. Keep in mind too...we don't know at what point the OT armor came into being. These could be Imperial troopers two years after ROTS.

But of course, people are going to nitpick and complain. Forget that Hasbro is making a slew of McQuarrie figures. Forget that we're getting the entire Republic Commando squad for a cheap price. Forget that Hasbro is investing in new vehicles for 2007.

Let's just complain about a removable helmet Snowtrooper!! :rolleyes:

Devo
07-22-2006, 04:37 PM
Personally I see it really screwed up they're using that snowtrooper sculpt AGAIN. Which is probably just the gimmick to get people to buy that particular set since NOTHING else is different in it, and the Sandtrooper is only to reuse the retooled sculpt they had to do for the Lucas trooper.

It's hard to believe they made such interesting packs for the prequels but the OT ones are horrible, the only worthwhile one is the ROTJ one becaused of the SA Biker Scout with lift-up visor and different Endor Rebel trooper. Wish they hadn't used the POTF2 body though.

The ESB set is at least as good as the Jedi one in fairness. Personally I don't care if they now believe OT troopers look like Jango Fett - I'll just keep the helmets on. No Snowtrooper was ever seen without a helmet anyway. But as to you saying that nothing else is new in the ESB set - Chewie has a new head and Luke has new snow-walking legs. Small but decent modifications. Another great Chewbacca - really the head is the only part of the figure that could do with variation, so they did a new one and used the excellent VOTC body sculpt. Thats 3 VOTC Chewie variants we have now - all of them great. The Luke figure captures quite well his efforts to make his way through the snowstorm on foot after his Tauntaun was killed.

jjreason
07-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Have you seen the Titanium Boba Fett? He has a removable helmet with a scarred Jango face underneath from what I understand.

plasticfetish
07-22-2006, 04:53 PM
it's more the fact that we never see the faces of the OT troopers so I'd like to keep it that way.To a certain degree I agree with you. It was more interesting back when we didn't know for sure, and it was left up to our imaginations. But, well... you know... we've seen it all now. What can you do?

My only real complaint with the Jango heads, is that they seem to think brown eyes look better painted with red paint. (?!?)

bigbarada
07-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Forget that Hasbro is investing in new vehicles for 2007.

Really? I haven't seen a single "new" vehicle. Just a bunch of repaints and rereleases. Where was the AT-TE or Jabba's Sail Barge? Heck, I would have been happy with a more correctly-sculpted AT-AT, instead of a rerelease of the POTF2 version (which was a rerelease of the vintage AT-AT).

Hasbro's product line was lackluster at best. SideShow and Gentle Giant seem to really be trying to knock the fans' socks off with amazing new releases like the Slave Leia statue :love: and the 12" scale Jabba.

It seems that Hasbro has just shifted into cruise control and is taking a nap until the TV show premieres.

Overall, a very lazy and uninspired showing by Hasbro.

DarthBrandon
07-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Apart from the grey TIE fighter, the Endor AT-AT, Imperial Astromechs, and the Imperial Officers pack, there's not much else that has really got me excited.

Yes there was, Matt Hughes kicking the crap out of Gracie, now that was exciting. :D I dig the Avatar BigB & agree fully with the last bit BTW.

bigbarada
07-22-2006, 06:10 PM
Yes there was, Matt Hughes kicking the crap out of Gracie, now that was exciting. :D I dig the Avatar BigB & agree fully with the last bit BTW.

Yes, that was awesome and you should have heard the whiny Gracie-fans on Matt's forums the day after the fight trying to make all kinds of excuses for why their boy just completely embarrased himself.:pleased: I talked to Matt a couple of days after the fight and he said that it wasn't even a challenge for him.

BTW, my avatar is from the post-UFC 60 press conference.

Anyways, back on topic, I guess 2007 will mark the fifth year that Hasbro has been ignoring the fan pleas for an AT-TE vehicle.:( I got my hopes up when they released and AT-TE Gunner for the EP3 line, but that must have been another one of Hasbro's "jokes.":rolleyes:

DarthBrandon
07-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Yes, that was awesome and you should have heard the whiny Gracie-fans on Matt's forums the day after the fight trying to make all kinds of excuses for why their boy just completely embarrased himself.:pleased: I talked to Matt a couple of days after the fight and he said that it wasn't even a challenge for him.

BTW, my avatar is from the post-UFC 60 press conference.

Anyways, back on topic, I guess 2007 will mark the fifth year that Hasbro has been ignoring the fan pleas for an AT-TE vehicle.:( I got my hopes up when they released and AT-TE Gunner for the EP3 line, but that must have been another one of Hasbro's "jokes.":rolleyes:

No doubt that someone was whining from Gracie's camp, too bad Gracie hasn't evolved like the rest of the UFC fighters. (You have to be good at more than one art to win in the UFC today) Matt Hughes = (Excellent fighter, All heart, a hard worker & not cocky), one of the reasons why he's one of my favorites from the UFC.

Back on topic, Yeah, I've been waiting just as long as well, got my hopes up too, only to be crushed by Hasbro & their sense of Humour (AT-TE Gunner).
You'd think they would release some new vehicles each year just to keep us Happy. I wonder how much money I'll save this year, (this past year was around two grand as I bought mostly for my son) enough to buy a 4 wheeler I bet.:rolleyes::D

Slicker
07-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Back on topic, Yeah, I've been waiting just as long as well, got my hopes up too, only to be crushed by Hasbro & their sense of Humour (AT-TE Gunner).
You'd think they would release some new vehicles each year just to keep us Happy. I wonder how much money I'll save this year, (this past year was around two grand as I bought mostly for my son) enough to buy a 4 wheeler I bet.:rolleyes::DIt's the exact same as us getting a Cloud Car Pilot and not a Cloud Car

Devo
07-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Hasbro's product line was lackluster at best. SideShow and Gentle Giant seem to really be trying to knock the fans' socks off with amazing new releases like the Slave Leia statue :love:

I don't buy non 3 3/4" stuff as a rule but that Leia statue will be an exception :D Just out of appreciation for the great likeness of course. Nothing to do with the lack of outfit and the fact that you can see her ***.

figrin bran
07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
i'm really opposed to the removable helmets on the OT troopers as well. so much so that i might not buy any of them! don't get me wrong, i like clones and have built up quite an army of them but i think it's better not to know what they look like underneath.

DarkArtist
07-22-2006, 07:40 PM
lucas and Hasbro are most likely trying to bring together the PT with the OT. I like the idea personally..... I was able to get another set of evolutions clone trooper and decked them out in stormtrooper helmets. Plus it's sort of like Battlefront II after you win the Order 66 fight. They show the clones morphing into stormtroopers.

Sith Lord 0498
07-22-2006, 10:57 PM
Really? I haven't seen a single "new" vehicle. Just a bunch of repaints and rereleases. Where was the AT-TE or Jabba's Sail Barge? Heck, I would have been happy with a more correctly-sculpted AT-AT, instead of a rerelease of the POTF2 version (which was a rerelease of the vintage AT-AT).

Apparently, we'll be seeing the Sith Infiltrator and V-Wing Starfighter next year. However, I think they're still producing the prototype...hence the reason we didn't see them at SDCC. It looks as though only the first half of 2007 was unveiled.

jedi master sal
07-22-2006, 11:47 PM
All this talk of a Jango head (which you can cover up with the helmet), and yet NO talk of the fact that they are using the sculpt with the SHOULDER ARMOR ON UPSIDE DOWN!!!

How in the hell can they continue to keep making these frickin' mistakes??

I guess they just figure we'll buy any old P.O.S. figure they put out.

Many of you know me and know I'm an extreme army builder, but I'm passing on this crap. Hasbro could have hit this out of the park with CORRECT armor AND SA. But no, they go with an old friggin' mold and slap a new head on it.

That's just Urine-economically challenged. P!$$ Poor in other words...

I'm not even excited at the green and blue flavored clones. Okay so they used the good sculpts for these, but come on, even I am getting sick of these non-movie clones. Again that's saying something from me as I'm a clone-***** by nature. Yes, I'll buy one or two of each, but I'm not about to amass a huge army of these.

Movie accurate clones yes, EU clones....quite a different story.

2-1B
07-22-2006, 11:50 PM
What JP said about agreeance with KH and Slick.

dindae
07-23-2006, 12:22 AM
It looks as though only the first half of 2007 was unveiled. Technically they only showed the three figures for 2007 unless those comic two packs are 2007. I just went from slightly over budget to massively over budget for the year very quickly.

figrin bran
07-23-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm not even excited at the green and blue flavored clones. Okay so they used the good sculpts for these, but come on, even I am getting sick of these non-movie clones. Again that's saying something from me as I'm a clone-***** by nature. Yes, I'll buy one or two of each, but I'm not about to amass a huge army of these.

sal, in all fairness to the green clones, they were supposed to be the original utapau clones but at some point during post production, the colors got switched to orange. that's also why we got a red clone commander and yet the only character in the film that looks like that is Bly who is yellow. and that's also why we got this green guy in the deluxe 3 packs. again, the colors switched during post production but hasbro had already begun their figure production. and if you have the ROTS Visual Dictionary, you'll see a pic of these green guys but you won't see any orange utapau troopers

so from the proverbial certain point of view, the green clones are movie clones. or at the very least movie concept figures ;)

Darth Jax
07-23-2006, 08:59 AM
Apparently, we'll be seeing the Sith Infiltrator and V-Wing Starfighter next year. However, I think they're still producing the prototype...hence the reason we didn't see them at SDCC. It looks as though only the first half of 2007 was unveiled.
they really just confirmed what else is due this year. a few teasers for (mostly early i'd guess) releases next year, but we'll have to wait for toyfair most likely to get a more complete idea of what's coming next year.

TheDarthVader
07-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Yep, I agree with those who do NOT like the idea of OT troops having these removeable helmets.

Habro, you really messed up this time. You suck!

kool-aid killer
07-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Im not too thrilled about it either (im of the belief that Jango clones are no longer in the Empires forces once the OT rolls around) but weve all got the option of whether we want to buy them or not, and if you do you are not obligated to display them without the helmet on their dome. Take it easy people.

DarthBrandon
07-23-2006, 12:32 PM
Im not too thrilled about it either (im of the belief that Jango clones are no longer in the Empires forces once the OT rolls around) but weve all got the option of whether we want to buy them or not, and if you do you are not obligated to display them without the helmet on their dome. Take it easy people.

I don't think it's the fact of removable helmets per say, it's the fact that they would throw them on old sub-par sculpts. I think this is what erks people the most, that & the fact that they are all Jango Clones.
(no originality)IMHO

Qui-Long Gone
07-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't think it's the fact of removable helmets per say, it's the fact that they would throw them on old sub-par sculpts. I think this is what erks people the most, that & the fact that they are all Jango Clones.
(no originality)IMHO

I agree that it's a Jango-head issue....I don't care their helmets are removable, because as I said earlier, you can put the stupid thing on....I would have liked to see different 'faces' if they were going with removable heads....heck, even Lucas got a stormstrooper...couldn't Mcullen and the other producers/designers got a nod....

jedi master sal
07-23-2006, 06:05 PM
sal, in all fairness to the green clones, they were supposed to be the original utapau clones but at some point during post production, the colors got switched to orange. that's also why we got a red clone commander and yet the only character in the film that looks like that is Bly who is yellow. and that's also why we got this green guy in the deluxe 3 packs. again, the colors switched during post production but hasbro had already begun their figure production. and if you have the ROTS Visual Dictionary, you'll see a pic of these green guys but you won't see any orange utapau troopers

so from the proverbial certain point of view, the green clones are movie clones. or at the very least movie concept figures ;)

Oh I know that and yeah I have that book to. In fact looked at it today.
I guess the way I'm looking at this is, we bought the white clones and the red commander before we knew they weren't going to be in the movie. I was a little peeved to find out my white clones (which I had over 100 by the time the movie rolled around) weren't going to be any good for scene building.

I'll still get those clones, just not anywhere in the numbers I have with movie clones. Bah, instead of getting 1 or 2 like I previously mentined I'll probably get 1 carded of each and a small amount for a squad. Most likely 4-6 each of them. I was just ranting before. I've done a bit much of that in the last day or so. I'm actually glad SDCC is over now.

bobafrett
07-23-2006, 10:04 PM
What's wrong with having a OTC figure with removable helmet. I have this one in my collection.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :lipsrsealed: :D

2-1B
07-23-2006, 11:00 PM
But you don't look like Jango, you must be EU. :D

Blackened88
07-31-2006, 12:20 AM
why hasbro, why??? please stop!

darthvyn
08-20-2006, 07:12 PM
i didn't even look at the removable helmets. i figured slick knew what neato action feature han came with fro his pose.

it looks like "wail on guitar" action...

TheCivilCollector
08-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. They look fine with their helmets on- I guess if it bothers you that it comes off, you could just glue it on permanently. ;-)

bigbarada
08-25-2006, 03:25 AM
I worried about asking for new version of helmeted figures if Hasbro is just going to stick a Jango head under each one.

Terrible development for those of us who like our Star Wars to be "Prequel-Free."

2-1B
08-25-2006, 05:03 AM
Come on bigB, you used to be a big Prequel Supporter back in the day. :D

Once you're in, you're in For Life. :evil:

InsaneJediGirl
08-25-2006, 06:52 AM
I'll just be keeping the helmet on if I get any figures like that. Makes me wonder how many leftover prequel Jangos Hasbro has laying in some warehouse...just using the heads :D lol

Rogue II
08-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I'll just be keeping the helmet on if I get any figures like that. Makes me wonder how many leftover prequel Jangos Hasbro has laying in some warehouse...just using the heads :D lol

It's all part of a little assembly line. A Mace Windu figure with an action feature to help "harvest" the Jango heads, which roll over to the Saga Young Boba Fett, who lifts up the helmet. The head falls out onto a little conveyor belt that takes them to the OT figure assembly line. Pretty simple.

josuefett
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
It doesn't bother me. I think you're over thinking it.
i agree. it doesnt bother me too much who is under te helmet. after all, although the stormtrooper ranks were made up of various clones and non clones, it is still reasonable that there would still be a small percentage of fett clones in use. though i guess i would like to see the clones aged, or perhaps a random non clone under the mask. perhaps they will in the future like they did with the rebel troopers this year (the black man is based on one of the hasbro sculpters!).

p.s. i know the bodies of the troops are the same as previous ones, but i still want them. quit complaining and be happy we are getting more of what most of us wanted: army building troopers!

josuefett
08-31-2006, 09:43 PM
All this talk of a Jango head (which you can cover up with the helmet), and yet NO talk of the fact that they are using the sculpt with the SHOULDER ARMOR ON UPSIDE DOWN!!!

How in the hell can they continue to keep making these frickin' mistakes??

I guess they just figure we'll buy any old P.O.S. figure they put out.

Many of you know me and know I'm an extreme army builder, but I'm passing on this crap. Hasbro could have hit this out of the park with CORRECT armor AND SA. But no, they go with an old friggin' mold and slap a new head on it.

That's just Urine-economically challenged. P!$$ Poor in other words...

the incorect shoulder plates on the snowtrooper show that is based on the snowtrooper commander in the at-at cockpit scene (hence the commander rank on his upper left chest.) it IS movie accurate! (apart from the incorrect face veil.....)

I guess the way I'm looking at this is, we bought the white clones and the red commander before we knew they weren't going to be in the movie.

if you look carefully in revenge of the sith at the corucant space battle, the white clones are on the republic cruiser shooting at grievious's ship. THEY ARE MOVIE CLONES!
stop nit picking and complaining everyone, you'll get what you want soon enough. and on the subject of jango heads on ot troops, this whole "there arent any fett clones" thing is based on a pre-concieved idea. mine was that when i watch ep2, ithought the stormtroopers must have killed the good clones. but i was wrong and got over it. it would have been the case that if lucas did the films in order, all ot troops would be fett clones. thats why lucasfilm gave te go ahead for jango heads on ot troopers. coz thats how it was supposed to be!
enough of my lecturing....

Banthaholic
09-01-2006, 12:37 AM
Doesn't bother me at all. They look fine with their helmets on- I guess if it bothers you that it comes off, you could just glue it on permanently. ;-)

I agree.

I could care what head sculpt is underneath the helmet, could be Mace or Uncle Owen for all I care. I think it adds another dimention to people and kids that enjoy playing more with their toys. As a kid I loved any and all GI Joes that had the removeablt helmets, they were the best. Not because I enjoyed the faces or cared what was underneath but because it was an added action feature to the toy.

jedi master sal
09-01-2006, 08:54 AM
the incorect shoulder plates on the snowtrooper show that is based on the snowtrooper commander in the at-at cockpit scene (hence the commander rank on his upper left chest.) it IS movie accurate! (apart from the incorrect face veil.....)

if you look carefully in revenge of the sith at the corucant space battle, the white clones are on the republic cruiser shooting at grievious's ship. THEY ARE MOVIE CLONES!
stop nit picking and complaining everyone, you'll get what you want soon enough. and on the subject of jango heads on ot troops, this whole "there arent any fett clones" thing is based on a pre-concieved idea. mine was that when i watch ep2, ithought the stormtroopers must have killed the good clones. but i was wrong and got over it. it would have been the case that if lucas did the films in order, all ot troops would be fett clones. thats why lucasfilm gave te go ahead for jango heads on ot troopers. coz thats how it was supposed to be!
enough of my lecturing....

Yes quite enough of your lecturing. The clones above Coruscant were the the gray marked clones not the all white ones.

Take a close look yourself and you'll see that the only all white clones were the two in the gunship that is transporting Yoda/Obi-wan/Mace. Certainly not enough to deem release them as the first version that sold in stores.

We have every right to complain. It's our dollars Hasbro is getting (and the retailers that sell their product). So we SHOULD demand what we want.

You're a noob here, so we'll let this go, but you really shouldn't start off on a board slamming someone for their opinion.

Start off slow and get a feel for the boards first. Feel free to posts opinions, just watch the personal or even vague attacks on people. That won't bode well for you.

josuefett
09-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes quite enough of your lecturing. The clones above Coruscant were the the gray marked clones not the all white ones.

Take a close look yourself and you'll see that the only all white clones were the two in the gunship that is transporting Yoda/Obi-wan/Mace. Certainly not enough to deem release them as the first version that sold in stores.

We have every right to complain. It's our dollars Hasbro is getting (and the retailers that sell their product). So we SHOULD demand what we want.

You're a noob here, so we'll let this go, but you really shouldn't start off on a board slamming someone for their opinion.

Start off slow and get a feel for the boards first. Feel free to posts opinions, just watch the personal or even vague attacks on people. That won't bode well for you.

apologies dear friend, it is just my opinion that we ocasionally bite the hand that feeds us, but i guess the same is true of hasbro.
dont just let me off because im a newbe, i do sometimes say a little more than i should, i was just trying to complain about the people who never stop complaining about hasbro. sure they mess up alot, but everyone does, and by the looks of things they are trying to make new releases tailored to us. i personally like the new line. plenty of my faves being made. lets just be thankful we are getting more figures. sorry to anyone i offended.

p.s. yes your right, they are grey clones after all, but at least there are white ones in the movie.

Kidhuman
09-01-2006, 01:30 PM
The reason why we got the white is it is cheaper for them to staright paint them white and of course army builders will collect them. &

Welcome Josufett

jedi master sal
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
The reason why we got the white is it is cheaper for them to straight paint them white and of course army builders will collect them. &

Welcome Josufett

Yeah, so what's your point KH?? ((heh heh)) So what if I have almost 200 white clones and nothing to do with them?? (Crap, I'm going to have to custom these guys eventually)

Oh and yes, welcome Josufett.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-11-2006, 02:13 PM
actuly the white one clone were working those ship guns, plus the grey clone arre really gree's troopers when they arn't wearing camos. its true. they are grees legion. thats why they were on the landing platform where yodas boarding his ship.

jedi master sal
09-12-2006, 09:36 AM
actuly the white one clone were working those ship guns, plus the grey clone arre really gree's troopers when they arn't wearing camos. its true. they are grees legion. thats why they were on the landing platform where yodas boarding his ship.

Hmm, I never thought of that, but it does make sense as we see Wookiees coming up to them. Oh and the fact that Gree has that strip of grey running down his helmet too helps back this up. Hmm, good point COMMANDERCODY2795.

Now if we had some canon info to back that up, we'd be golden.

I should watch the movie again tonight. If so, I'm going to check out those scenes specifically. Especially the ones with the clone gunners. I still recall them being grey marked clones.

pbarnard
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Plus it makes sense for Hasbro to release clones in all white not only to keep the costs down, but because until you see the movie, the only version of Clone you've seen is white in the movies with a yellow helmeted one being called commander. Whether you see them on screen for a long time or a little is irrelevant. It's always been a Kenner/Hasbro strategy to make a mix of figures. The original Hammerhead, not on screen long but kenner made him anyways. So if the white clone only on screen for 3 seconds, blown up or just flying, irrelevant, has as much chance of plastic as some obscure fat/6-breasted dancer. Wait, since it was an army builder, higher priority.

josuefett
09-12-2006, 01:13 PM

oh.. so i was right when i said there were white clones at the beggining of ep3. also, since the 41st elite grey troops are are wearing camo on kashyyk, then the evolution grey 41st commander figure is gree. two grees in my collection. curious...

Darth Cruel
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Huh?...What?...The grey clones are commanders...Commander Gree is a gunner...the white clones are the grey clones...&#*%!!! Now I am really confused. Can I have a do-over?

jedi master sal
09-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Huh?...What?...The grey clones are commanders...Commander Gree is a gunner...the white clones are the grey clones...&#*%!!! Now I am really confused. Can I have a do-over?

What they are saying is that the grey clone commander form the Evolutions set is supposed to be Gree in his "normal" gear. There is still a disputed claim that white clones were manning the laser cannons on the capital ships in space. (I still say they were ONLY seen in the gunship carrying Mace, Yoda and Obi-wan to the Republic docks. The Grey regulare clones are thought to possibly be Gree's grunts but in THEIR regular armor as well.

I kind of like that idea that the grey clones are also the biker scout-like clones we see on Kashyyyk just with a different set of armor. And that the Grey commander from the Evol set is Gree as well. Kind of tidies up a bit that way.

Damn, now I wish I'd have bought even MORE of those clones!!!

Ah well whatever.

Oh and Darth Cruel, if you're confused now, just wait for the 3 "new" clones coming out soon. I'm tlaking the AOTC sergeant, and the two ROTS clones. One with green markings the same as th Utapau clone and another one with blue markings slightly similar to the double pinstripes of the Airborne trooper due out next year, along with the Galactic Marine...

Does THAT confuse you enough?? heh heh

josuefett
09-12-2006, 05:27 PM

right. the grey troopers on coruscant are the camo troops on kashyyk. the grey commander figure in the evolutions 3 pack is commander gree. the grey troopers are the camo scouts. simple.

josuefett
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
before anyone gets confused..
the new rots blue double stripe clone is a "5th fleet security troop" , a concept design not used in the film.
the rots green trooper is a "442nd siege battalion trooper" , an early design for the 212th trooper that was changed to orange later.
i think we all know who the galactic marine is. he is bacara's trooper

on the subject of bacara: on wookiepedia (i think it was wookiepedia) it said commander bacara served under general veers in the battle of hoth. i dont know if thats official, but if it is then my snowtrooper commander figure is bacara. man, i got two bacara's, two gree's, two bl......

jedi master sal
09-13-2006, 10:43 AM
before anyone gets confused..
the new rots blue double stripe clone is a "5th fleet security troop" , a concept design not used in the film.
the rots green trooper is a "442nd siege battalion trooper" , an early design for the 212th trooper that was changed to orange later.
i think we all know who the galactic marine is. he is bacara's trooper

on the subject of bacara: on wookiepedia (i think it was wookiepedia) it said commander bacara served under general veers in the battle of hoth. i dont know if thats official, but if it is then my snowtrooper commander figure is bacara. man, i got two bacara's, two gree's, two bl......

You can't believe everything you read. I've never seen anything that says that Bacara served under Veers. It's doubtful for many reasons. First and most likely being a clone who ages at twice teh rate, he probbaly was either retired or dead by the time of the battle of Hoth. Also note that the Snowtrooper officer has only two "pips" or squares which denotes him as a Lieutenant. hat would have been a serious demotion for Bacara, especially considering he would have been serving in first the Republic Grand Army then the Empire for approx 20+ years. If he was already a commander (which is several ranks higher than a Lt. even in the SW galaxy), he would have either attained a higher rank, or if not allow by clones to be higher than a commander would have at least remained a commander.

Get something more concrete like from the official site and maybe that claim might be more believeable. (Though, personally I would think it would be neat if that were the case. Just some loose ends would need to be tied up to make it fit better into the continuity.)

-Sal

jedi master sal
09-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh yeah and I also forgot that the "Combat Engineering Clone" is also coming out. It's yet another EU clone. Pretty much the same deco as the clones that were in the 3-pack at the time of the ROTS DVD release.

josuefett
09-13-2006, 06:46 PM
You can't believe everything you read. I've never seen anything that says that Bacara served under Veers. It's doubtful for many reasons. First and most likely being a clone who ages at twice teh rate, he probbaly was either retired or dead by the time of the battle of Hoth. Also note that the Snowtrooper officer has only two "pips" or squares which denotes him as a Lieutenant. hat would have been a serious demotion for Bacara, especially considering he would have been serving in first the Republic Grand Army then the Empire for approx 20+ years. If he was already a commander (which is several ranks higher than a Lt. even in the SW galaxy), he would have either attained a higher rank, or if not allow by clones to be higher than a commander would have at least remained a commander.

Get something more concrete like from the official site and maybe that claim might be more believeable. (Though, personally I would think it would be neat if that were the case. Just some loose ends would need to be tied up to make it fit better into the continuity.)

-Sal

well, if you look at the snowtrooper, he has 4 pips: 2 red, 2 blue. all commanders have 4 pips (cody is an example).
also, why would a mere leutenant be in charge of all those troops? taking an oder direct from veers on the main at-at? with unique suit no other snowtroopers wear?
also, on the subject of ageing: in the expanded universe, the kaminoans had a way of slowing growth back to normal. this would be logical, since they only needed to speed up the process of making a soldier.
also, did anyone in the films say the clones continue to grow at an accelerated rate????? as far as i remember, they said they use growth acceleration but not to what extent or whether its permanent. i thought it wasjust left to our immaginations.
hope something useful came out of that babbling of mine!

p.s. i would agree that after accepting recruits and alternative clones into their ranks, it probally would be the case that clones would rarely see promotion, being used as expendable resources. j

josuefett
09-13-2006, 07:11 PM
im gonna try to find the site that said bacara was on hoth. when i do i'll post it on here.j

jedi master sal
09-14-2006, 09:27 AM
well, if you look at the snowtrooper, he has 4 pips: 2 red, 2 blue. all commanders have 4 pips (cody is an example).
also, why would a mere leutenant be in charge of all those troops? taking an oder direct from veers on the main at-at? with unique suit no other snowtroopers wear?
also, on the subject of ageing: in the expanded universe, the kaminoans had a way of slowing growth back to normal. this would be logical, since they only needed to speed up the process of making a soldier.
also, did anyone in the films say the clones continue to grow at an accelerated rate????? as far as i remember, they said they use growth acceleration but not to what extent or whether its permanent. i thought it wasjust left to our immaginations.
hope something useful came out of that babbling of mine!

p.s. i would agree that after accepting recruits and alternative clones into their ranks, it probally would be the case that clones would rarely see promotion, being used as expendable resources. j

Double red and blue pips denote a Lt. Refer to when Admiral Piett turns to an officer and says "Leiutenant." That officer has the same pips as the Snowtrooper. Commanders in the Imperial Army/Navy have 3 over 3 pips, while Generals (army) and Captains (Navy) have four over four pips. Though the General's pips are slightly wider spaced than that of a captains (helps to distinguish which branch of service they are in) Admirals have 6 over 6. Cody's rank is of the old system of ranking. Indeed we even see this still in effect at the Death Star conference table, but apparently somewhere along the line, the ranks became more uniformed to have two rows of piips, one blue, one red. With exception to ensigns who only have one blue pip.

As far as the aging thing goes, I too strong;y believe that once the clones leave the growing chambers that they age at a normal rate, however there's been so much discussion that this is not the case (I still have yet to read/see proof of either case). Still even if it were the case that they aged normally after Kamino, that would still put Bacara at 40+ in aging. Far older than Lt.'s are usually.

I don't think the Snowtrooper that Veers talked to was in charge of ALL of the snowtroopers, just the ones aboard that particular AT-AT. I'd have to say there was at least one Snowtrooper officer aboard each AT-AT to command it. Smaller vessles such as an AT-AT can and would have been commanded by Lt.'s. It works like that in the real U.S. Navy as well. Lt.'s don't get command of large amounts of troops or vessels. In fact unless it's a tug, you'll never see an Lt. in chare of a naval vessel, except in extreme circumstances where his CO (commanding officer) may have died in an attack on the ship and that Lt. is the XO (executive officer-or 2nd in command). In that case the Lt. would assume commande and would be granted the temporary rank of captain of the ship. Though in our real life Navy their are captains of the ship that are not yet captains in rank, but are commanders or for smaller boats, LCDRs (Lieutenant Commanders).

Lucas did follow the pattern of the US navy to a point when structuring rank for the Imperial fleet.

(I know this stuff about the real-life Navy because I'm a Navy veteran-5 years served.)
-Sal

BountyHunterScum
09-14-2006, 09:40 AM
The irony is that Mark Hamill is listed on imdb.com as being 5' 9" and yet he was "short for a stormtrooper" but Morrison's listing is 5' 7".

I don't see anything wrong with wanting removeable helmets as it adds a better proportion to the helmet compared to the body but only Hasbro is to blame for pushing the Jango clone issue on Imperial troops.

I've read at least somewhere that says Jango is six foot.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-16-2006, 01:52 AM
oh and i think that the grey clone in the evolutions might not be gree, as it also comes with a belt. and i dont think gree wears a kama at all. i think when hes not in camos hes a regular trooper with the leather traps to deferentiate him. the kama is most likely hasbro's BIZARRE self dulusions to think all clone troopers with colors are commanders and wear kamas and pauldrons where there troops are plain white when its really only 3 named commanders (bly,deviss,salvo) that wear them. the rest are bly's legion, plus judging by salvos description in the book salvo dosn't wear a pauldron.

STUPID HASBRO,BAD HASBRO.:frus: :whip:

josuefett
09-20-2006, 07:11 AM
oh and i think that the grey clone in the evolutions might not be gree, as it also comes with a belt. and i dont think gree wears a kama at all. i think when hes not in camos hes a regular trooper with the leather traps to deferentiate him. the kama is most likely hasbro's BIZARRE self dulusions to think all clone troopers with colors are commanders and wear kamas and pauldrons where there troops are plain white when its really only 3 named commanders (bly,deviss,salvo) that wear them. the rest are bly's legion, plus judging by salvos description in the book salvo dosn't wear a pauldron.

STUPID HASBRO,BAD HASBRO.:frus: :whip:

well, thats true, but no one really knows what gree would wear when he was on coruscant. probably different from his troops. after all they all wear grey on coruscant, yet they wear camo scout armour on kashyyk. it is reasonable to conclude that gree wears something else on coruscant.
the grey commander in the evolutions pack came with a belt so that if you removed the kama and pauldron you would have a standard troop instead, two figures in one like the aotc commander/pilot.

COMMANDERCODY2795
09-20-2006, 06:36 PM
i know that. i was just pointing that out.

Slicker
02-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Yep, still stupid.

El Chuxter
02-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Wait until they combine the stupidity, and we see "****-kicked-out-of-them p**** Stormtroopers with removeable helmets."