PDA

View Full Version : VTSC Biker Scout fits on the Speeder Bike!

bigbarada
07-24-2006, 12:18 AM
...and he fits very well.:thumbsup:

Taking that into account, I can't find a single flaw with this figure. I almost want to say that I challenge anyone to find anything wrong with this figure. I mean, what could there possibly be to complain about? (aside from the $10 pricetag)

Perfect articulation, dead-on sculpting, and on top of that one of the coolest looking Imperials in the entire saga.

So I definitely give this figure an A+!

(Of course, if I was on ebay, I would give it an A++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!)

Now, Hasbro just needs to remake that Speeder Bike so that it does this figure justice.

figrin bran
07-24-2006, 12:52 AM
bigbarada, i have but one "complaint" about the vtsc scout. now don't get me wrong, i like this figure enough to have bought around 6 of them but there's one thing about it that is so glaringly bothersome to me.

take a look at your saga at-at driver. and then take a look at your saga sandtrooper or votc stormie. then take a look at the vtsc scout. you'll start to notice that the helmet is really small compared to the other imperial troops. now just think for a second that underneath that helmet is supposed to be a human head. it doesn't have to be a jango head just ANY old head, heck pretend it's veers or jerjerrod or needa if you like. well, there's no way there could be a regular sized head underneath that vtsc scout and so it's out of proportions with the rest of the body.

do the same thing with the at-at driver and yes, indeed there could be a human head underneath that helmet. i think if anything, the helmets that hasbro makes could be a bit larger too. they did a good job of it on the evo clones. not such a good job on vtsc scout, firespeeder pilot and cody.

bigbarada
07-24-2006, 01:38 AM
bigbarada, i have but one "complaint" about the vtsc scout. now don't get me wrong, i like this figure enough to have bought around 6 of them but there's one thing about it that is so glaringly bothersome to me.

take a look at your saga at-at driver. and then take a look at your saga sandtrooper or votc stormie. then take a look at the vtsc scout. you'll start to notice that the helmet is really small compared to the other imperial troops. now just think for a second that underneath that helmet is supposed to be a human head. it doesn't have to be a jango head just ANY old head, heck pretend it's veers or jerjerrod or needa if you like. well, there's no way there could be a regular sized head underneath that vtsc scout and so it's out of proportions with the rest of the body.

do the same thing with the at-at driver and yes, indeed there could be a human head underneath that helmet. i think if anything, the helmets that hasbro makes could be a bit larger too. they did a good job of it on the evo clones. not such a good job on vtsc scout, firespeeder pilot and cody.

Actually I did notice that. It doesn't really bother me, becuase if you stand him next to either of the vintage style Han Solos, it does look like the Han Solo figure could easily fit under that armor. Even if the helmet would be a little bit snug.

So I guess that would be one minor flaw: there is still a bit of a "super-hero" element to his proportions (meaning a head size that is closer to the artistic ideal, not reality)

Not a big deal for me, but I can understand how it might be for some.

You only bought 6? I'm up to ten! But they're pegwarming down here, so they're really easy to come by. I just picked up two more this evening and left about five sitting on the shelf at Wal-Mart.

figrin bran
07-24-2006, 09:26 AM
actually i have 9 of them, i must've counted wrong ;) wow, pegwarming out there? i've never seen 7 on the pegs at once.

bigbarada
07-24-2006, 09:46 AM
And they're almost sold out compared to what it has been the last few weeks. There easily had to be 15-20 of the Scouts sitting on the pegs for days and days. Which is great for me, because it lets me go through and really scrutinize the paint jobs.

Still, they're easily the fastest movers of all the VTSC line. Han, Greedo, Tusken and Luke aren't moving at all. I had to sift through about 20 of each of those just to find the 7 Scouts.

JediTricks
07-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Are you saying that the hips aren't being stressed outwards in order to get them sitting on those speederbikes? It looks like the one on the right has a complete gap between his hip and the crotch piece.

bobafrett
07-24-2006, 09:32 PM
I think I may have 4 total, but I'm on a budget......weeeeeeeeeee!

bigbarada
07-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Are you saying that the hips aren't being stressed outwards in order to get them sitting on those speederbikes? It looks like the one on the right has a complete gap between his hip and the crotch piece.

No, there's no stress at all on the hip joints. The figure fits perfectly without any forcing.

JON9000
07-25-2006, 09:44 AM
I bought 3 and felt kinda bad for spending even that much money on these lovelies. I only opened 1 of them, and it is my second favorite of all time, right behind VOTC Stormie (bought 3 of them too)!

The Biker Scout and Luke X-wing are still relatively hard to come by in these parts. The real pegwarmer seems to be Endor Han. Greedo and Sandy are out there, but aren't cloggin' pegs.