PDA

View Full Version : I still hate aurra sing

Bosskman
07-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Well, now that all the prequels are done, I think I'm long overdue for a rant about how much I still hate that vile vomitous aurra stink. But I am thankfull that a lot of those horrible post-TPM rumors about her were untrue.

I remember back before AOTC came out, there were those, like that supershadow fool, who were saying rubbish like "aurra sing is Boba Fett" and "aurra sing will be feature prominently in EII and EIII". As much as I loathed those foul rumors, part of me feared they might be true. Well, we all know they turned out not to be. We never saw so much as a glimpse of her diseased while bald head, or caught a whiff of her feculent greasy stained orange jumpsuit. We never even saw her in the Clone Wars as far as I know, and her EU exposure was minimal. (I think she may have been in one of the Boba Fett kid's books)

I only have the original stink figure, and ONLY because her foul form was seen on screen, but I refused to get her in any other form, especially the unleashed. I'd rather have had an unleashed ewok toe than that piece of junk. The fact that we're getting another figure of that skank and not Yarna really grinds my gears.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't hate her, but I can't see why she was blown so out of proportion. She was on the screen for less than two seconds and isn't even that cool-looking.

Slicker
07-25-2006, 05:52 PM
She was on the screen for less than two seconds I've taken the liberty of bolding the two reasons why she WAS so popular. Fanboys seem to want to not go with the main stream of liking the regular characters so they feel they have to dig real deep and get the most obscure character to like and try and learn everything about them or just make stuff up. Did you guys know that Aurra Sing was a dark Jedi that killed many Jedi?

Also she was sooooo much more deserving of both a 3 3/4" and 12" than Yarna will ever be. Yeah, that's right. I brought the Yarna argument over to this thread too.

They're also making a new figure based of Aurra. She's gonna be a Jedi!!! I can't wait.:rolleyes:

Bosskman
07-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Blast that aurra stink, messing up my chances of getting Yarna. I'd take Yarna over her ANY DAY.

Oooh, aurra sing, the big bad "dark jedi" (whatever that is), I'm so scared.

Aurra sing is not cool looking at all IMO. She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then the ugly tree picked her up and beat her unmericful with the ugly stick, then a rabid pitbull went at her face with a jackhammer.

That new figure of stink looks so terrible it makes me want to puke. I hope whoever thought of it chokes on it.

stillakid
07-26-2006, 11:07 AM
Blast that aurra stink, messing up my chances of getting Yarna. I'd take Yarna over her ANY DAY.

Oooh, aurra sing, the big bad "dark jedi" (whatever that is), I'm so scared.

Aurra sing is not cool looking at all IMO. She fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, then the ugly tree picked her up and beat her unmericful with the ugly stick, then a rabid pitbull went at her face with a jackhammer.

That new figure of stink looks so terrible it makes me want to puke. I hope whoever thought of it chokes on it.

John 8:7 :whip: :whip: :whip:

kool-aid killer
07-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Assajj has a "similar" look to Aurra, both being albino women that are dark Jedi. Aurra did appear in some of the Clone Wars comics, most notably being beaten in battle by the Twilek Jedi whose name eludes me right now.

stillakid
07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
I'd still do her. WTF. She's still 10x more interesting than what happened in the rest of the Prequels. :D

El Chuxter
07-26-2006, 02:20 PM
You still hate Aurra Sing, I still love bears, stillakid's still bashing the prequels, so not much has changed.

Patient Zero
07-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll take even an EU character over the rehashing of the same old characters over and over and over again any day. For god's sake, how many c3pos and r2s do we really need???

stillakid
07-26-2006, 03:45 PM
You still hate Aurra Sing, I still love bears, stillakid's still bashing the prequels, so not much has changed.

Bashing? I prefer to think of it as "reporting."

Bosskman
07-26-2006, 04:01 PM
I hate ventress too. But you know what? I hate aurra sing even more. The look of ventress is what bugs me, but the character of ventress has some good points and fits in ok with continuity and whatnot. She's not a "dark jedi", she's a wannabe sith. She's a tool for Dooku and Palpy, but she thinks she's more than that.

I remember back when sing was supposed to have a story along the lines of ventress, maybe she was even the original idea for ventress and then that got changed as the storyline of the clone wars developed. Who knows, but I will concede that if I had to choose between a crap character like ventress or one like whorra stank, I'd pick ventress hands down.

bobafrett
07-26-2006, 11:35 PM
I like her, well at least the woman who played her for that brief shot from behind and her behind in those nice tight orange spandex pants. I had that shot autographed I liked it so much, and I had hoped she would become more of a character in EPII.

timmae
07-26-2006, 11:58 PM
I like her, well at least the woman who played her for that brief shot from behind and her behind in those nice tight orange spandex pants. I had that shot autographed I liked it so much, and I had hoped she would become more of a character in EPII.

i will be passing on the new saga figure, since i got a potj figure of her. she is very hot though in real life (i wish i knew some jedimindtricks). my buddy said she was almost picked to be the changer(to tired to remember names) in e2. (oh yea zam) is that true?

2-1B
07-27-2006, 01:14 AM
I thought it was pretty cool that Aurra Sing dressed up as a Tusken and abducted Shmi at Palpatine's request in AOTC.

figrin bran
07-27-2006, 02:18 AM
Assajj has a "similar" look to Aurra, both being albino women that are dark Jedi. Aurra did appear in some of the Clone Wars comics, most notably being beaten in battle by the Twilek Jedi whose name eludes me right now.

you mean aayla secura? :D

i think i would've preferred aurra sing as boba fett over that stupid kid and his "heh heh heh heh heh...get him dad!" line that caused me to abandon Fett as my favorite character :(

Jargo
07-27-2006, 06:40 AM
I really really liked the way Aurra Sing turned into a bounty hunter from being just some chick watching a race like George envisioned her. Far as i'm concerned she's just some biker chick skank that gets off on petrolheads. She's more likely to be a groupie to the winner of the race than a hunter. Plus, what sort of succesful bounty hunter wears red? Zam Wessel failed because she wore purple. so how crap can someone be if they wear red. coz of course red and deathly white are so unnoticeable....

She could even have just been a pod race marshall. stood there to check for dirty tricks or to keep kids off the race track. There's just nothing about her time in the movie that says bounty hunter to me.

and the comics don't count and nor do the novels. Aurra sing is only in the movie coz George wanted some **** in there. hotrod racers and birds with nice ****. just like the Gela twins in the pod racer hangar. Merely eye candy. They serve no other purpose.

JEDIpartner
07-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I can go with you on your idea of who she really is! I thought the whole bounty hunter thing was kinda pointless. I prefer her as a white trash biker chick with a mean streak.

Bosskman
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
That's the way I saw her too, and that's how I have her in my figure setup. Not as a bounty hunter, but as a white trash podracer groopie.

And don't get me stareted on that little bastage's portrayal of Boba Fett....

figrin bran
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
That's the way I saw her too, and that's how I have her in my figure setup. Not as a bounty hunter, but as a white trash podracer groopie.

And don't get me stareted on that little bastage's portrayal of Boba Fett....heh heh heh heh heh! ;)

Daddypants, so "successful" bounty hunters have their heads bandaged up? or they wear breathing tubes? or mandolorian armor because no one will ever notice that! :p

figrin bran
07-27-2006, 10:31 PM
so this is what absolutely needs to happen on the TV series...

Clone of Jango Boba sets out to collect a bounty on a character played by Jeremy Bulloch (maybe he could even be Jaster Mereel). Bulloch ends up killing clone of jango boba, takes his mando armor, takes Slave 1 and assumes a new identity as Boba Fett.

Bosskman
07-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Good call fb. I HATE how blubberlucas replaced the original Boba Fett voice in ESB with Jango's voice. I HATE IT. I will go with your Boba Fett theory from now on. That little bastage never became the OT Fett. He was KILLED by the OT Fett. That just makes OT Fett that much better.

Still though, I'd rather have that little puke as Fett than that filthy aurra sing.

Jargo
07-28-2006, 05:46 PM
heh heh heh heh heh! ;)

Daddypants, so "successful" bounty hunters have their heads bandaged up? or they wear breathing tubes? or mandolorian armor because no one will ever notice that! :p

actually it may just be a woman thing........ :thumbsup:

figrin bran
07-28-2006, 10:02 PM
Good call fb. I HATE how blubberlucas replaced the original Boba Fett voice in ESB with Jango's voice. I HATE IT. I will go with your Boba Fett theory from now on. That little bastage never became the OT Fett. He was KILLED by the OT Fett. That just makes OT Fett that much better.

Still though, I'd rather have that little puke as Fett than that filthy aurra sing.

i'm glad we are in agreement Bosskman :thumbsup:

i mean, could you imagine bastage fett even being capable of giving that nod to boussh in jabba's palace?

Slicker
07-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I heard that Aurra Sing was once Slicker's Mom's apprentice. She wielded the deadly double ended "female toy" and used it to good effect to earn extra tips.

Bosskman
07-29-2006, 05:27 AM
fb, no, I can't. If it WAS bastage fett, he's be more like "get 'em Boussh, gettem, FIRE, heh,heh,heh,heh,heh......."

Yeah, i'm beginning to really like your theory.

Bosskman
07-31-2006, 07:37 PM
Has there ever been any EU sources that said stink killed Shmi and blamed it on the tuskens, or was that just fanboy speculations? I hope not, that would make me hate her even more. Not that I buy into most of that EU rubbish (although some of the books and CW are ok)

2-1B
08-01-2006, 12:55 AM
I was just foolin', those were based on rumors around the 'net as AOTC was in production.

It does sound very EU though, doesn't it? :D

Bosskman
08-01-2006, 05:24 AM
Yeah, it DOES sound like BAD EU. I gotta change my language when I talk about EU. It aint all bad. Besides the CW cartoon, I liked all of the following books: Cloak of Deception, DM Shadow Hunter, Dark Rendezvous, Labyrinth of Evil, Dark Lord. Some other books I sorta liked but had parts that bugged me were the Han Solo Trilogy, the Bounty Hunter Trilogy (or whatever they called those books) the "Tales from" Books, Shatterpoint, Shadows of the empire, and yes, even the post ROTJ Tatooine Ghost. That's about it though. If any of them had crap like stink killing Anakin's mother though, I'd freak.

JimJamBonds
08-03-2006, 11:39 PM
I don't hate her, but I can't see why she was blown so out of proportion. She was on the screen for less than two seconds and isn't even that cool-looking.

Preach on Brother JJL! :D