PDA

View Full Version : action fleet-like ship Final Fantasy Copperhead

SWAFMAN
01-26-2002, 05:59 PM
First time out bargain hunting in months - Suncoast has Final Fantasy Copperhead Deluxe Playset, by BanDai. It's an Action Fleet-sized ship. Very nice looking. Sorta reminds me of a StarshipTroopers TAC Fighter / Aliens Drop Ship. Interesting use of hard plastic and rubbery wing pylons. Comes with four ever-so-slightly-smaller than AF figures, and two gray plastic parts I have absolutely NO IDEA what they do/where they go!!! Nothing in or on the box explains them. The ships are all in minty boxes, and marked at $19.95. I just had an instinct, and asked the cashier to scan one, and it came up as $4.99 (plus tax). Yeeee-freakin'-haaaaa!!!!! I bought 3, and there were still at least one or two more still left. I intend to keep two - one is already unboxed & on my shelf - and I want to keep one boxed, as well. But the other one I have is available, plus I'd be happy to go get any others that are left at Suncoast if any MM forum regulars would like one. The one I opened looks very nice next to the SW & SST Action Fleets. The boxed ones display nicely too. Although the box design is completely different from Action Fleet, it does have a clear window to see the ship - mainly from a top view.

I'm gonna try to attach a zip of some scans I just took of the ship....
If this works, you'll see top, front, side & bottom views. The bottom view has the nacelles pivoted to landing position, where small flaps rise at the trailing edge/bottom edge of the nacelles, revealing landing gear. The scans make the ship appear more avian than it looks in person.

(added note: I just looked at the scans, and should mention that the side view is just slightly distorted towards the rear fuselage. The graphics on that section are not crooked like it shows. I was holding the ship sideways - in my unsupported hand during the scan process, and my hand didn't keep perfectly still.)

good shot jansen
01-28-2002, 07:32 AM
nice find! the ship looks really cool!

if no one else has spoken up yet, i would very much like to have this ship in my fleet.

SWAFMAN
01-28-2002, 02:56 PM
...just lemme know how you want to handle it.

I'm still happy to go get any others left over at Suncoast, if any one else wants.

good shot jansen
01-28-2002, 03:14 PM
i pay pal you for the cost of the toy, plus whatever the actual shipping come out to be?

works for me, how bout you?

:)

SWAFMAN
01-28-2002, 03:49 PM
...I'll ship to same addy as the CDs. Just add whatever's marked on the postage sticker to the $5.30 for the ship once it arrives. My paypal is jr4477@aol.com. I'll try to get it sent out tomorrow cuz I'll be out of town for probably the rest of this week after that.
Hope you enjoy the Copperhead as much as I am. And if you ever figure out what the heck those two gray plastic thingies are supposed to be, please lemme know!

vulcantouch
01-28-2002, 05:29 PM
. . .thanx for tip; at that price i bet b'jr'll want 2 clean em out ;)

JediTricks
01-28-2002, 10:25 PM
The gray plastic thingies are rappel lines, they plug into the opening hatch on the underside and the holes are line-specific (meaning each rappel line will fit with one set of holes but not the other). I mentioned this in my review of this on the old forums (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=20&PID=5239).

SWAFMAN
01-28-2002, 10:49 PM
JT - thanks. I thought I recalled something you'd posted about he Xyber-9 ships, but I didn't recall the July post on the Copperhead. Now I need to find the black boa if it was ever released. You mentioned in your post that the retail was $15. I wonder how Suncoast got away with tagging them at $20, before discount?

And thank you for the explanation on the rappel lines! I searched that darn ship everywhere (I'd thought!) for holes for those things to plug into.

It is very frustrating to have no explanation on the box or any info sheet insert inside to explain the action features. I was so worried about how/what directions to move the wings, etc., because I didn't want to move something wrong and snap it right off. :rolleyes:

you da man, JT.

SWAFMAN
01-29-2002, 10:36 AM
...see your email. enjoy.

JediTricks
01-30-2002, 04:31 AM
Sure thing Swaf! I know what you mean about the lack of instructions on this set, it's very frustrating. Sadly, the Black Boa didn't make it.