PDA

View Full Version : Saga or 30th Anniversary?

Darth Cruel
07-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Hasbro's website says the wave with Rep Bean, Gragra, the Naboo Soldier et al is the last wave of the 2006 Saga figures.

But there are also other figures slated to come out in November. Now, are these saga or 30th Anniversary? Help me out here. Someone throw me a bone.

JediTricks
07-26-2006, 05:02 PM
They wrote that part about them being the last before deciding to extend the Saga Collection (TSC) line a little longer via the other figures shown live at SDCC. Those last repaints will be TSC figures just like the last 12 ROTS figure worked.

Slicker
07-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Those last repaints will be TSC figures just like the last 12 ROTS figure worked.Let's just hope they get shipped a little better...

Darth Cruel
07-26-2006, 05:42 PM
OK - What about the yavin wave? I am not seeing anybody talking about that one. And I will be in a high state of irritation if they cancelled the one figure I have dreamed of for 29 years...the Rebel Sentry.!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
OK - What about the yavin wave? I am not seeing anybody talking about that one. And I will be in a high state of irritation if they cancelled the one figure I have dreamed of for 29 years...the Rebel Sentry.!
From what I understand, it was going to be released this year, but was pushed back and will apparently be the third wave of the 30th Anniversary Collection.

Jargo
07-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Rebel technician. Could even sell on the merits of a small vehicle if they made the cargo/personnel transporter sled. and should come with ground crew batons and cargo cases.

The Yavin base guard in the green uniform could have a removable helmet and have his peaked cap on underneath. would presumably come with rifle or whatever it is they carry. Maybe do a tri-head variants thing like they did with the fleet trooper.

Come to think of it a tri-head variation on rebel pilots would be cool too. especially if the pilots came with x-wing access ladders.

For Commander Willard they only need to re-use Captain Antilles' body. it's basically the same uniform. New head. Should come with the death star plans readout screen in a wall section.

Evram Lajaie can re-use Dodonas body. they wore the same. New head. Should come with the same tactical screen General Rieeken did.

Yavin base Communications officer. Would need to be an all new sculpt but could in theory re-use the yavin tech's body. So only a new head. Should come with the round display monitor that shows the death star's proximity.

A Threepio and R2 2-pack would be cool. Threepio with knees and a hand able to hold a commlink. And R2 DS battle damaged. Possibly have a plug in data cable so he can connect to the rebel computers.

Medal ceremony Leia should be an entirely new sculpt. the POTF ones were not up to much. and looked nothing like Carrie Fisher. Plus obligatory medals.

Luke, well he's rumoured to be on the horizon, Han VOTC would do here. And a decent Chewbacca.

Biggs, Wedge, Luke, Porkins, John 'Dutch' Vander, Theron Nett, Pops, Hutch, Tyree, would make an awesome boxed set.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-05-2006, 12:10 PM
Finally saw the pictures of the last TSC figures through #74 on the starwars.com site. I'm liking the looks of most of them. Lots of clones and droids. It says the last 5 (actually 6 since one is a two-pack) are Wal-Mart exclusives. I'm hoping that the Geonosis Padmé is an improvement over the previous two.

Here's a link to their picture viewer queued up to TSC figures.

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=13&world=community

Blue2th
08-05-2006, 12:20 PM
By the way, Wave 8 just went up for sale at EE today. You know how Hasbro always cancels their last wave and puts these figures on the next card design. I for one really like the current TSC card design so I ordered one case.

tagmac
08-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Let's just hope they get shipped a little better...

Agreed. These had better be easier to find, or else ebay's gonna go nuts yet again.

Blue2th
08-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Agreed. These had better be easier to find, or else ebay's gonna go nuts yet again.
I can guarantee they will be hard to find. Hasbro has a history of cutting production on the last wave to gear up for the next. Remember how hard to find the last wave of ROTS was? How about the last ones from OTC? Remember how hard it was to get Sio Bibble, TC-14, and Amidala Battle? I had to get the last Ep.1 figures on eBay. Even ordering them from EE is no guarantee. Every one of my "last wave" orders from them have been cancelled due to a cut in production from Hasbro. Even when I order them the day they are announced. ( Hmmm, maybe I need to find another online store) Sometimes there is no substitute for the local hunt, though it's getting tough to find things lately.