PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow Bib Fortuna Priority Pre-order!

Blue2th
07-26-2006, 06:02 PM
Just got the e-mail from Sideshow. Priority Pre-order on July 28th. Looks like they are going back to the Exclusive instead of Inclusive for Bib.

Hellboy
07-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah I received the same email. Now I need to figure out how I'm going to get mine since I'll be working. :frus:

Looks like they are going back to the Exclusive instead of Inclusive for Bib.

A smart decision on the part of Sideshow if you ask me. Bib is an obscure character of marginal popularity and as such doesn't warrant being in the Inclusive program.

Blue2th
07-26-2006, 08:53 PM
A smart decision on the part of Sideshow if you ask me. Bib is an obscure character of marginal popularity and as such doesn't warrant being in the Inclusive program.
Which might mean that there won't be a big production run.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 04:40 AM
Which might mean that there won't be a big production run.

Which really isn't any different than the pre-Maul figures. Honestly, I'm surprised that Jabba was an Inclusive Edition. It makes sense when you think about it, but my initial impression was "Nah...not popular enough"

Still, the exclusive accessories for both Bib and Leia Boushh aren't exactly going to set the world on fire. Bib has his Kenner tribute staff (not in the movie but added by Kenner Toys to the vintage figues to increase playability), and Leia Boushh has a blaster (woo-hoo :rolleyes: )

SirSteve
07-28-2006, 09:27 AM
If you plan on ordering, please do through THIS LINK (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindt) or by clicking on one of the banners for it. They will go fast!

jonthejedi
07-28-2006, 11:26 AM
I had about 10 minutes of busy server trials & tribs...but not bad overall. I'm not blown away by this exclusive access. though.

IG65
07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
If you plan on ordering, please do through THIS LINK (http://affiliates.sideshowtoy.com/Tracker.aspx?aid=1160&href=http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindt) or by clicking on one of the banners for it. They will go fast!

Thanks SirSteve, you were right. I did a side by side comparison of clicking on the Bib banner on SSG vs. going directly to SideShow's site and it was about 25% faster through the SSG link.

I am now well on my way to creating the ultimate Jabba's Throne Room setup.:thumbsup:

Darth Instigator
07-28-2006, 01:30 PM
I dont really want this figure but is it worth getting just to have?

JediTricks
07-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, here it is 2pm PDT and exclusive Bib is still not sold out, not even in the final 100 mark. I think SSC stumbled with this, too soon after the Jabba preorder and collectors are still healing from the big expense (it's still a shock even if they didn't PAY the money yet), plus as good as Bib looks I don't see why he's $55 when he has just 4 accessories (and it doesn't help that the exclusive accessory is kinda boring), and 2500 is too many when figures like Luke get half that many. Qui-Gon had 2000 and sold fast, but Kit had 1250 and sold slow. And there's something ineffably disinteresting about this one to me, I don't feel even remotely tempted by it, maybe the price issue has caught up fully, maybe I'm not willing to pay $60 for a non-major character. I notice though that the buzz around this figure is nearly nil.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Well, here it is 2pm PDT and exclusive Bib is still not sold out, not even in the final 100 mark. I think SSC stumbled with this, too soon after the Jabba preorder and collectors are still healing from the big expense (it's still a shock even if they didn't PAY the money yet), plus as good as Bib looks I don't see why he's $55 when he has just 4 accessories (and it doesn't help that the exclusive accessory is kinda boring), and 2500 is too many when figures like Luke get half that many. Qui-Gon had 2000 and sold fast, but Kit had 1250 and sold slow. And there's something ineffably disinteresting about this one to me, I don't feel even remotely tempted by it, maybe the price issue has caught up fully, maybe I'm not willing to pay $60 for a non-major character. I notice though that the buzz around this figure is nearly nil.

PPO's been over for 3+ hours now, and Bib Exclusive is still in abundance.

Sideshow really dropped the ball on this edition size. WAY too large...considering Han Solo and Qui-Gon Jinn had editions 500 LESS than Bib. I understand they took SDCC pre-orders into account, but it would've made more sense to list the edition as TBD and then cap the edition when orders slowed down significantly.

Blue2th
07-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I for one got Bib because Jabba wouldn't be complete without him. Besides, ever try to bid on the FAO 2-pack before Sideshow started making 12" figures? That was the one I could never get and even at the lowest the 2-pack was about the same price. I do think they should have had less of a production run on this one though. Maybe SS is thinking everyone will eventually want one to go with Jabba.

JediTricks
07-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Well, he's sold out now finally, I was out when it happened, anybody know what time it finally went bye-bye?

AmanaMatt
07-28-2006, 08:35 PM
Bib is great, but too soon after just ordering the crazy expensive Jabba. It will be interesting what happens with Leia next Friday - I wonder if SS may delay her just to let fans' recover!

Blue2th
07-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Unnawunga! It gets wearisome sneaking away from work to do these Priority Preorders. Oh well, good thing we don't have to pay for them all at once........ I was just noticing Leia will be the first figure with removable helmet. Which means they are finally able to work that problem out. At least for her.

Hellboy
07-28-2006, 09:33 PM
If I had to guess I'd say the amount of Jabba's that were pre-ordered helped determine Bib's edition size. I also think as more people start to receive their orders for the first few 12" offerings the popularity of the lines will grow. As a result I'd imagine over time Sideshow will raise edition sizes accordingly to maximize their profit and satisfy customer demand. Still 2500 does seem excessive for this character.

Bosskman
07-29-2006, 04:34 AM
I passed on the exclusive and just got the regular one. I think bib is pretty sweet, but I don't need the kenner staff. I have the Hasbro 12" bib but I don't intend to mix & match my Hasbros & sideshows.

Sith Lord 0498
07-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Well, he's sold out now finally, I was out when it happened, anybody know what time it finally went bye-bye?

8:12 pm EST last night.

I only know that because I kept refreshing the page when the counter hit 20 remaining. I've never actually watched a SW exclusive sell out in real time before, so it was interesting! :)

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 03:23 PM
5:12pm local time for Sideshow, that's amazing, thanks for the 411. I wonder if they're surprised by this.