PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, what Ewok movie figures should we demand?

El Chuxter
07-26-2006, 08:35 PM
United we stand. Divided we fall. Let's get our act together and settle on a handful (maybe a normal-sized wave or Battle Pack of six) Ewok Adventures figures that, realistically, we could "demand" of Hasbro.

I'll get the party started, and throw out my nominations. Then we discuss them back and forth and try to come up with a "final" list. And then, if we want, a petition.

1) Teek (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/teek/). No-brainer, coming from me. The little monkey-rat guy would have to be a new sculpt.

2) Wicket (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/wicketwwarrick/index.html). He could be a straight-up reissue. Although the mold isn't perfect anymore, he's a cheap major character to produce. If they want, they could repaint his eyes all creepy like in the Ewok movies.

3) King Terak (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/terak/). A really nasty SOB; he actually looks like he could be made from slightly-altered molds to existing characters (like the Weequay).

4) Noa Briqualon (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/noa/). Did you know he had a last name? Neither did I. They should make him because he's freakin' Wilfred Brimley, man! And because, as lame human supporting cast goes, I'd rather have him than most of the Towani family.

5) Cindel Towani (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/cindeltowani/). Okay, not my top choice, but it seems somehow wrong to not include her.

6) Chukha-Trok (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chukhatrok/). As far as "second" Ewoks go for this, he's got my vote as the coolest and least generic looking of the bunch. Kaink (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kaink/), however, is a very, very close runner-up.

tagmac
07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
United we stand. Divided we fall. Let's get our act together and settle on a handful (maybe a normal-sized wave or Battle Pack of six) Ewok Adventures figures that, realistically, we could "demand" of Hasbro.

I'll get the party started, and throw out my nominations. Then we discuss them back and forth and try to come up with a "final" list. And then, if we want, a petition.

1) Teek (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/teek/). No-brainer, coming from me. The little monkey-rat guy would have to be a new sculpt.

2) Wicket (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/wicketwwarrick/index.html). He could be a straight-up reissue. Although the mold isn't perfect anymore, he's a cheap major character to produce. If they want, they could repaint his eyes all creepy like in the Ewok movies.

3) King Terak (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/terak/). A really nasty SOB; he actually looks like he could be made from slightly-altered molds to existing characters (like the Weequay).

4) Noa Briqualon (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/noa/). Did you know he had a last name? Neither did I. They should make him because he's freakin' Wilfred Brimley, man! And because, as lame human supporting cast goes, I'd rather have him than most of the Towani family.

5) Cindel Towani (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/cindeltowani/). Okay, not my top choice, but it seems somehow wrong to not include her.

6) Chukha-Trok (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/chukhatrok/). As far as "second" Ewoks go for this, he's got my vote as the coolest and least generic looking of the bunch. Kaink (http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/kaink/), however, is a very, very close runner-up.

1.) Teek - a no brainer, one that I think many on here would want to see made regardless. Perhaps the one figure worthy of a single carded-release.

2.) Wicket - probably necessary, and with the different eyes. Really can't argue since he was the "star."

3.) King Terak - not my first choice, but a likely candidate.

4.) Noa - probably my last choice to be made, I'd rather have Mace, since he was a big part of the first movie.

5.) Cindel - a no-brainer. Along with Wicket, the star of these movies. Also a figure I had suggested be made a while back.

6.) Chukka - this would be my choice over Kaink. He had the most personality of all the ewoks, and was one of the better aspects of the movies.

Personally, I think this would need to be made into two sets to cover all bases. We don't need the parents, but I think set 1 should represent "The Ewok Adventure," and include Mace, Chukka, Deej, Mother w/ wokling (or Kaink, since the mother could end up a single-carded "Jedi" figure), Weechee, and Widdle (the white-cheeked ewok, one also worthy of a single card, as he had a prominent scene in Jedi, attacking the walker w/Chewbacca). Set 2 should have Cindel, Wicket (w/crazy eyes), Teek, Terak, Noa, and a Maurauder, who could easily be kitbashed into the midget one who looked like Klaatuu. Of course, Jeremitt might warrant a figure here, since who wouldn't want to see Principal Vernon made into a SW figure. :D

Banthaholic
07-27-2006, 12:04 AM
I am on board for any and all figures related to the Ewok movies.

Numero Uno would be Teek. A cool looking creature that also saw fame in Star Tours

Noa - would also be a great figure. What's not to love about Wilfred Brimley? (Besides his oatmeal). Plus it'd be the easiest figure to get autographed. I swear I see this guy at the grocery store every now and again. Then again every town has a guy that looks like Wilfred.

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 07:43 AM
Teek, Wicket, Noa, thats all I really remember.

dindae
07-27-2006, 07:59 AM
I would buy any ewok, but while I'm sure I watched these at one time I don't recall them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I have the DVD and have only seen the first one, and frankly, it sucked. This is what we should get:

*Wicket with voice chip so he can say "Stah-croosah! Crash!" and later, in ROTJ, be completely unable to speak Basic
*Mace Towani with variant heads so he can get progressively uglier
*That giant monkey thing that looked fake as hell
*Incompetent parents who can't find their kids on a tiny moon
*Teebo with completely different-colored fur and a spinning Chinese lantern

I think that ought to do it. :D

tagmac
07-27-2006, 06:49 PM
I think you meant Logray. And besides the different-colored fur, let's not forget the pronounced beard that made him look even less like the movie version.

figrin bran
07-28-2006, 02:22 AM
how about if hasbro just gives us generic ewok warriors? maybe 2 different colors of them? (yes, i know i'm thinking of ROTJ and not the Ewok Adventures)

2-1B
07-28-2006, 03:13 AM
full agreeance with Chux on his figure demands.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I think you meant Logray. And besides the different-colored fur, let's not forget the pronounced beard that made him look even less like the movie version.
Yup, it was Logray, but I got them confused . . . in ROTJ, Logray had white and brown fur, and Teebo had white and black; in the Ewok movies, Logray had Teebo's coloring for whatever reason.

Jargo
07-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Kaink - Because it would finally be a female ewok

Logray - Needs a resculpt badly and I don't mind a bit of extra hair

Chukka Trok -Because he's too cool to be overlooked

Wicket w/ Cindel Towani - Wicket needs a resculpt badly

Noa w/ Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! -Just because

Ewok pony w/ Ewok - Probably a deluxe set with a genericEwok

Towani family ship w/ Mace Towani - I would hazard at doing this prior to the crash,more play value in an intact ship.

I'd like to see the Borra and Blurrg and Condor Dragon but Absolutely no Marauders or that stupid Charal woman. The Gorax could be covered as a 12" figure.

Bosskman
07-29-2006, 05:54 AM
I'd like to see a blurrg with rib wagon, and for some reason a marauder on a HORSE. There's freakin' humans in SW, why not man's 2nd best freind? Never understood the aversion some people have to horses in SW....

I also agree with the figures everyone else wants. The more ewok movie figures the better. Oh yeah, and BEA ARTHUR from the HS.

JediTricks
07-29-2006, 03:33 PM
"Realistically" meaning what really? Realistically for me, there's not a single figure listed here I'd want, or even buy. Realistically, I believe a majority of SW collectors would say there's not one thing about the Ewok movies that should be part of the Star Wars action figure line. So are we talking about a compromise between all and none as our definition of "realistically", or are we talking about what we think Hasbro would be willing to produce, "realistically"?

DarthQuack
07-29-2006, 03:35 PM
I just want whatever ones they release that were in Jedi, we don't need too many Ewoks.

2-1B
07-30-2006, 03:19 AM
"Realistically" meaning what really? Realistically for me, there's not a single figure listed here I'd want, or even buy. Realistically, I believe a majority of SW collectors would say there's not one thing about the Ewok movies that should be part of the Star Wars action figure line. So are we talking about a compromise between all and none as our definition of "realistically", or are we talking about what we think Hasbro would be willing to produce, "realistically"?

I sure hope there's an unwritten exclusion of Teek from that POV, of course. :mad:

Jargo
07-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I can see more reason to make ewok movie merchandise than say, marvel comics coloured versions of figures we've already got. I can also see why hasbro go down the money for old rope route but hey, i'm a cynic.
I can also se that with the tv show looming there'll be more interest brewing in past TV stuff like these two movies. To be fair the crew that worked on the movies put in a fair amount of work. creatures like the Blurrg or Borra are interesting enough that they fit within the scope of what most consider reasonable. as do the ewoks. Lord knows we could do with some more of them. though even I would admit to wanting ROJ ewoks first.

I like any predatory creature too though like the condor dragon. I like to pit ewoks against besats in my display. If I have my Rancor out I usually have an ewok in his mouth.

End of the day hasbro has to keep doing stuff to keep interest alive and a sub theme based around the ewok movies is no worse than anything that came out of the comic books or novels, or even the clone wars animated show. What would be cool is if the ewoks were posed in aggresive ways. less of the cute teddy bear thing and more of the hunter warriors they're supposed to be. Let's face it they were going to eat Han and Luke in ROJ.

I've actually thought for a long time the Endor scenes in ROJ could do with additional footage showing the ewoks being more brutal and bloodthirsty. altering the score slightly might help there and also les of the cutesey sing song thing. Their music should be fiercer, more raw and tribal. Toughen up the fuzzballs in the OT and maybe people wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them.

which is off topic but i needed to vent.

JediTricks
07-30-2006, 10:09 PM
I sure hope there's an unwritten exclusion of Teek from that POV, of course. :mad:Sure, why wouldn't I exclude a silly-looking muppet-knockoff that looks like a mentally-handicapped old person? :rolleyes:

I can see more reason to make ewok movie merchandise than say, marvel comics coloured versions of figures we've already got.Not much of a counter-argument to my comments as I am the first person to speak out against those Marvel 2packs, I never said anybody was asking for them. It's like saying "I can see more reason to make Ewok movie figures than to vomit all over myself".

I can also se that with the tv show looming there'll be more interest brewing in past TV stuff like these two movies.Unless they start airing the Ewok movies again, I disagree, there was no obvious new interest drummed up when they got released on DVD a year and a half ago.

2-1B
07-31-2006, 12:07 AM
Sure, why wouldn't I exclude a silly-looking muppet-knockoff that looks like a mentally-handicapped old person? :rolleyes:

That's not necessary...he doesn't look that old. :D

JediTricks
07-31-2006, 03:21 PM
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/teek/img/eu_bg.jpg

Yeah he does, he's got those deep wrinkles and big sagging skin around his eyes.

I suppose it's not fair for me to call him mentally handicapped, it says right in his bio that he comes from a "semi-intelligent species" (accent on the "semi" I guess). :p

Bossk77
07-31-2006, 03:30 PM
I would like to see a dead ewok two pack. Maybe give them some blaster burns or something. It sounds righteously cruel, but it would help fill out our Endor battle dioramas. If you think about it they did make Stormys with blaster burns in the past. Why not a few ewoks too?

Rogue II
07-31-2006, 04:08 PM
They should finish off the Ewoks from ROTJ first....not that I can name any of them, but there is the catapult, some generic Ewok Warriors, and don't forget the little woklings. At their rate of 1 Ewok/year, Hasbro might get them done by 2018 or so.

Did they ever finish remaking all of the Ewoks from the movie vintage line?

2-1B
08-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Nope, we need Romba Warok and Lumat off the top of my head...They made 8 total and those 3 are MIA as far as I know. Unless they made them recently and I missed them?

Banthaholic
08-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Nope, we need Romba Warok and Lumat off the top of my head...They made 8 total and those 3 are MIA as far as I know. Unless they made them recently and I missed them?
You are correct, though I wouldn't mind seeing a carded version of Paploo as well (prev released TRU exclusive w/ AT-ST)

A Teek / Wicket two pack would be decent, heck just a Teek period is what I want.

Anakin Palpatine
08-01-2006, 01:14 AM
I want those three bad, but not if it means Hasbro's going to make them using the same fargin' Wicket sculpt they use to make just about every other ewok. Ok, only the glider but you get the point I'm getting at, they always make them so generic. I will admit I'm excited to get Chief Chirpa.:thumbsup:

Jargo
08-01-2006, 06:05 PM
jargpants? I hate you! I'm going to my room and I DON'T want to be disturbed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*stomp stomp stomp SLAM!*

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
You left your "medication" out here MDP.

Jargo
08-02-2006, 07:57 AM
no that's JT's suppositories........ *cough cough* oh hush my mouth! :p

Qui-Long Gone
08-02-2006, 09:34 AM
I think if Hasbro wanted a good 'April Fools' joke on us they'd release a Caravan of Courage pack (the 1st Ewok movie) complete with Wicket and Cindrel's family (imagine the giant included in this pack too)....then a second pack, Battle of Endor: Ewok Movie II (the real battle of Endor pack) set....complete with those goofy lizard men and Charal the witch....

**Don't ask me why I know those movie titles or the character names....

El Chuxter
08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Any reason why no Teek in your proposed sets?

JON9000
08-02-2006, 03:51 PM
I have 0 interest in Ewok Movie specific characters. I remember when I was 9I thought the movie was terrible and a disgrace to the Star Wars name.

JediTricks
08-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Jeez Dadgo, took you long enough to notice that one. :p

Jargo
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
so many thoughts cross my mind right now.

'where's the cow-cheese would be nice-i have no tea-i'm confused-it's nearly midnight-need to fart-what did JT say-about time for a special herbal cigarette-agh! loose eyelash-IKEA said chuck out your chintz but now they're selling it-must find my mecha hulk figure for the tv room-damn, i melted a crater in the N key.'

:confused: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewooooookkkkkkkk........ ............

Darth Cruel
08-02-2006, 06:07 PM
I have to admit to never having seen these movies, the holiday special, or the Droids cartoon. But now that they are all out on DVD (save for the Holiday Special) I think I will buy and watch them.

But in keeping with my collecting philosophy...make 'em all, let collector's sort 'em out!

DarkArtist
08-02-2006, 07:45 PM
if i had my way the answer would be zero. i hated those movies in the 80's can't stand them today. what's next the Star Wars Holiday Special Battlepack ?

Jargo
08-02-2006, 07:48 PM
there was a battle in the holiday special? I thought they were all just on drugs.

Qui-Long Gone
08-05-2006, 05:59 PM
if i had my way the answer would be zero. i hated those movies in the 80's can't stand them today. what's next the Star Wars Holiday Special Battlepack ?

Don't give Hasbro ideas.....

DarthQuack
08-05-2006, 07:20 PM

:laugh: Bring it on!!!!

El Chuxter
08-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Only if it's a recolored Fett, Bea "Ackmeena" Arthur, and the three Wookiees. That actually wouldn't suck too badly.

evenflow
08-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I want figures fromt he ewoks movie and the holiday special. A Teek and Cindel 2-pack woul dbe great and a Wookie Family cinema scene would be nice as well.

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 06:02 PM
New idea: Exclusive BattlePacks. If we can get umpteen "new" clonetroopers, ARC Trooper Gunner, and Snowbunny Padme this way, it's probably the only way to get more than one or two of these.

(I'm including more than the usual number of figures since they'd be so small, for the most part. I'm willing to sacrifice articulation to actually get these!)

Set 1: Caravan of Courage
Wicket (re-release with creepy eyes)
Mace Towani
Deej
Chuka-Trokh
Kaink
Widdle
Wiley

Set 2: Battle of Endor
Noa w/ staff and blaster
Teek
Cindel
Charal
King Terak w/ sword and starcruiser power crystal
"Dwarf" Marauder
Noa's catapult

Throw in two exclusive beasts: Gorax (no pack-in) and Blurrg with Marauder Warrior, and you've got the gyst of both flicks.

bigbarada
02-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I would be all for ANY non-human character from the Ewok films.

My favorites would be (I haven't watched the movies in years, so I'm going purely off of memory):

1. Chukha-Trok - the manly-est of all the Ewoks. Biker Scouts tremble in fear when this guy steps out from the trees. :D

2. Kaink - the only memorable female Ewok.

3. Teek - the Star Wars line will NEVER be complete until they make a Teek action figure.

4. Logray - I wouldn't mind both versions of Logray, then Hasbro can write up some convoluted EU explanation as to how "Logray" is actually a priestly title and not an individual's name or something like that.

5. Wicket - I would actually prefer a more accurate, movie-version of Wicket packaged with Artoo tied to a stretcher.

El Chuxter
02-14-2007, 11:03 PM
1. Chukha-Trok - the manly-est of all the Ewoks. Biker Scouts tremble in fear when this guy steps out from the trees. :D

Except these films take place when Wicket was a little kid, a few years prior to the (ROTJ) Battle of Endor. If the Gorax hadn't killed Chukha-Trok (where does that extra "H" go, anyway?), there would've been no need for a Rebel strike team, as he would've singlehandedly taken down the bunker. And probably the Death Star, too, if he still had a few minutes to kill before breakfast.

bigbarada
02-14-2007, 11:22 PM
The Force Unleashed Darth Vader is from when Chukha-Trok took on the Dark Lord of the Sith....

Chukha-Trok let him off easy that day.

:D :D :D

El Chuxter
02-15-2007, 01:11 AM
It wasn't actually the Gorax that killed him.

It was all those rancor-burgers.

(Man, I smell another stupid SSG cult hero in the making here.)

JimJamBonds
02-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Others have said it but I'll add my vote as well: TEEK!

bigbarada
02-15-2007, 03:04 AM
It wasn't actually the Gorax that killed him.

It was all those rancor-burgers.

(Man, I smell another stupid SSG cult hero in the making here.)

;)

Chuck Norris is scared of Chukha-Trok.

bigbarada
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey, El Chukh-ster, you took the best Chukha-Trok photo for your avatar! :mad:

:D

DarkArtist
02-17-2007, 02:39 PM
see this is what I don't understand. some people in this forum want the whole EU thing to stop and fall off the face of the earth yet want to see this carp from the Ewok films and the Holiday Special. it boggles the mind.

I mean i'm not a huge supporter of the Ewok franchise, still to this day hate those furry buggers, but can't see Hasbro releasing an entire series of figures based on it. Sure Kenner did it back in the early 80's but it still crashed for them just as the Droids line did.

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 02:45 PM
see this is what I don't understand. some people in this forum want the whole EU thing to stop and fall off the face of the earth yet want to see this carp from the Ewok films and the Holiday Special. it boggles the mind.

It's not carp...the Ewoks defeated the Empire.....;) They're like the Hobbits of Star Wars......:yes:

bigbarada
02-17-2007, 06:55 PM
I saw The Ewok Adventure before I watched Return of the Jedi, so it was always an intergral part of the Star Wars saga in my mind.

Honestly, I don't think we will ever get Made-for-TV Ewoks figures as toys. Collectors have presented a united front for years to get Yarna made and it's only now that Hasbro is even hinting that it might happen.

No matter how much I love the Ewoks, I understand that the fanbase is way too divided on them and will never agree as to which ones need to be made. In fact, for every one fan that wants every Ewok made, you'll find one fan who never wants to see another Ewok figure ever again. It's that 50/50 split that has Hasbro so nervous when it comes to making more Ewoks.

It's too bad really, since the Star Wars saga's ultimate tough-guy, Chukha-Trok, will never be immortalized in plastic.:cry:

Qui-Long Gone
02-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Well said BB....I was just young enough to like the Ewoks too but understand why some fans hate them....I liked the idea that while the galaxy was being torn to $@@@ there were these little creatures who had their own problems going on and were oblivious to the galatic chaos beyond Endor....that and they couldn't build ships to go into outerspace.....:rolleyes:

At least they're more useful than Gungans.....is there any division about hating these guys or is it universal :yes:

2-1B
02-18-2007, 09:59 AM
I like Gungans.

Qui-Long Gone
02-18-2007, 11:59 AM
:yes: Fried, boiled or bbq?

2-1B
02-18-2007, 06:03 PM
stepping in animal stool and slobbering their tongues in energy binders.

JediTricks
02-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Jar Jar was a poor representative of the Gungan race, I thought Tarpals and the Gungan military itself wasn't too awful in TPM, they took their jobs and battle seriously.

TheCivilCollector
02-18-2007, 11:38 PM
My vote would be for three five-packs done in the "Battlepack" style-

The Towani Family + Noah
Wicket, three other ewoks (take your pick) + Teek
Marauders of Endor

Just make them exclusives, they'd sell a bunch.

JimJamBonds
02-19-2007, 01:50 AM
Jar Jar was a poor representative of the Gungan race, I thought Tarpals and the Gungan military itself wasn't too awful in TPM, they took their jobs and battle seriously.

Then why did GENERAL Jar Jar save the day?

bigbarada
02-19-2007, 02:04 AM
Then why did GENERAL Jar Jar save the day?

Because it was in the script.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 04:05 PM
They should at least have good versions of the Vintage 8...I think they got to most of them already but that should be the BARE MINIMUM.

The repainted generic Ewok from the Planets line of figs last decade was alright.

JediTricks
02-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Then why did GENERAL Jar Jar save the day?Bad writing meant to shore up and justify a lagging and otherwise meaningless character.

RussoRocks
02-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Hello. I'm new here and don't really know what's going on. I've got a Wicket cuddly toy for sale. Does anybody know how much I would be able to sell this for? Thanks

2-1B
02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
How much slobber is on it from cuddling over the years?

RussoRocks
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
How much slobber is on it from cuddling over the years?

Zero slobber. lol

TheCivilCollector
02-20-2007, 04:52 AM
This is soooo off topic, but talk of an ewok plush toy reminded me....

I used to buy my (at the time) three-year old nephew Star Wars toys around when the special editions came out to try to brainwash him into being a SW fan. Didn't work, he's now 14, a jock, and into nothing but basketball and rap.

Anyway, I got him one of the Ewok SW Buddies for his B-Day. When he unwrapped it, he took one look at it, said "Don like wok!!" and pitched it over his shoulder.

He learns fast, I guess.

2-1B
02-20-2007, 07:34 PM
did he say that at age 3 or 14 ? lol

TheCivilCollector
02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
did he say that at age 3 or 14 ? lol

I'll give you two guesses- It should take you one.:thumbsup: