PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart remodels

Kidhuman
07-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Has anyone else seen these remodeled stores? They look like Target but blue. I swear it is hidious. The action figure aisle here was cut by 75%. It is about as big as Targets aisle. Way to shoot your self in the foot there Walton family.

Dar' Argol
07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Didn't you know??? WM shot itself about 2 years agon in the foot. Now its just a matter of time till it dies!

plasticfetish
07-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Are there still palettes of merchandise blocking the isles, shrieking employees yelling over the PA every 10 seconds, does it still smell like stale french fries, and are the checkout lines still a mile long?

I hope it hasn't changed too much, I might not want to shop there anymore. ;)

bobafrett
07-27-2006, 08:55 PM
The thing that upsets me, is in Chicago the starting wages for employees working at big box stores will be $10 an hour, and I make barely over that after 2+ years of busting my hump. Chicago passed an ordinance making it so. Article below. BTW, the Wal-Mart closest to me just painted there store a sandy brown color.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2006-07-27-chicago-bigbox_x.htm?csp=34

figrin bran
07-28-2006, 12:01 AM
hmmm...well the WM we l.a. collectors refer to as the Third World Country WM is being remodeled. i'm not sure to what extent but maybe it'll look like what KH described. and that would be a definite improvement over the current store.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 04:42 AM
Are there still palettes of merchandise blocking the isles, shrieking employees yelling over the PA every 10 seconds, does it still smell like stale french fries, and are the checkout lines still a mile long?

I hope it hasn't changed too much, I might not want to shop there anymore. ;)

LMAO!!! lol lol lol

So I guess that's standard operating procedure for all Wal-Marts then, eh?? :D

Darth Jax
07-28-2006, 06:29 AM
it doesn't matter what WM does, by "rolling back" prices they attract the lowest form of customer. they built a brand new store along colfax in denver recently. now barely a year later they're building a new one nearly next door cause the first one has been so severely thrashed. many of the WM here have recently been remodeled to include faux wood flooring, which looks horrible.

El Chuxter
07-28-2006, 07:25 AM
They can build a new Wal-Mart in an affluent area. However, it will attract rednecks--even if it's in Beverly Hills and you have to have won an Oscar to be granted entry, it will somehow attract the rednecks. And it will look like poo in two months time. It's just the way WM rolls.

dr_evazan22
07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
The thing that upsets me, is in Chicago the starting wages for employees working at big box stores will be $10 an hour, and I make barely over that after 2+ years of busting my hump. Chicago passed an ordinance making it so. Article below. BTW, the Wal-Mart closest to me just painted there store a sandy brown color.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2006-07-27-chicago-bigbox_x.htm?csp=34

My Lord? Is it legal?

Seriously, how legal is that? I wonder if it would stand up to a court challenge?

Slicker
07-28-2006, 09:10 PM
My Lord? Is it legal?

Seriously, how legal is that? I wonder if it would stand up to a court challenge?

It would only apply to companies with more than $1 billion in annual sales and stores of at least 90,000 square feet. How much do you wanna bet that we start seeing more and more 89,999 sq. ft. WM stores?

figrin bran
07-28-2006, 11:50 PM
the WM's i go to in SoCal look terrible and definitely fit PF's description but the ones i've visited in Arizona and New Mexico actually look decent. granted that was a few years ago and who knows what they look like now but at least on the day i walked in, they were actually clean stores.

Ji'dai
07-29-2006, 05:20 PM
My local Super WM remodeled this year. It's always been a fairly clean store, with neat & tidy aisles, except during weekends. The toy department seems bigger to me. The action figs are pretty much crammed into one aisle, which they share with die cast cars.