PDA

View Full Version : So who is from what SideShow "line"?

Tycho
07-28-2006, 05:51 PM
OK

Order of the Jedi:

Luke Jedi Knight
Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Qui-Gon Jinn

Heroes of the Rebellion:

Han Solo Bespin
Princess Leia as Boussh
? (could Luke be in here as well?)
? Lando
? Chewbacca (hard to imagine, but could be awesome!)
? C-3PO (if they do droids)
? R2D2 (hard to imagine at this point, but...)

Dark Lords of the Sith

Darth Maul
Darth Vader (Sith eyes Anakin)
Darth Sidious / Palpatine (which outfit? Here's to hoping for the red one!)
Darth Tyranus (Dooku)
Darth Vader? (they made Boussh with a removeable helmet, right?)

Scum & Villainy

Jabba the Hutt (incredible and unexpected!)
Bib Fortuna
? Boba Fett
? Greedo
? Other bounty hunters

If SideShow is going to add more to these lines, will we see:

Order of the Jedi

Aayla Secura
SaeSee Tiin
Eeth Koth
E2 Anakin Skywalker
E2 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Heroes of the Rebellion

Leia Bespin Gown
Han Solo Carbonite
Luke Endor Gear
Lando (a 2nd outfit)
Captain Antilles
General Rieeken

Perhaps an Officers of the Empire Line?

Veers
Ozzel
Tarkin
Piett
Jerjerrod
?

The Military Line would be self-explanatory

The Sith Lords could offer several more variations:

Darth Vader with younger or older burnt head under the helmet (whichever wasn't done)
Darth Sidious / Palpatine in another outfit - there are a few

Loyalist and Separatist figure lines:

Padme Amidala
Bail Organa
Captain Panaka
JarJar Binks
Mas Ameeda
Sly Moore

Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Tikkes
Wat Tambor
?
? (I could name characters, but I'm not sure if SS would make Poggle, or if Argente would sell)

Scum & Villainy could continue:

more bounty hunters would be a natural

Jabba's Palace or Cantina aliens going towards the obscure might give SideShow some pause - would customers pay $60+ for a Weequay? Could Momaw Nadon be sculpted and sold profitably?

I'm sure that Aurra Sing or Asaaj Ventress would sell, so they are safe bets.

There are some of these I'd buy (pretty much what Hasbro never made for their 12" line), and many I'd pass on.

How about you?

maatu
07-28-2006, 06:39 PM
actually i think it will be a long while before sidehow does a boba fett. medicom is doing boba fett coming this year. so sideshow probably will carry there's if it's good.

Sith Lord 0498
07-28-2006, 08:23 PM
actually i think it will be a long while before sidehow does a boba fett. medicom is doing boba fett coming this year. so sideshow probably will carry there's if it's good.

Not a chance. Speaking from a purely business standpoint, that would be a horrible move on Sideshow's part to carry a rival company's version of a product they could very well produce. Notice how Sideshow carries very little Medicom products (mostly VCDs).

Master Replicas seems to have the domestic importing market on Medicom's RAH line, but even they are steering clear of RAH Star Wars figures. Most likely at LFL's insistance.

Bosskman
08-01-2006, 05:39 AM
I'm sure we'll get Eeth Koth and Saesee Tiin, Bespin Gown Leia, ANH Ben, Darth Vader, Count Dooku and the Emperor from ROTJ and ROTS (from the "arrest of the chancellor scene, I think that's where they're going with giving us Kit Fisto. We'll also get Boba Fett, Greedo, and Jango Fett. I think thse figures are a sort of given. ANY sideshow fig would be cool in my books though.

Bosskman
08-01-2006, 05:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we see the whole ESB Bounty Hunter Lineup too, but NO whorra stink!

tagmac
08-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Just give us a 1/6 scale Chewbacca, with fur over a solid body, correctly scaled bowcaster, and perfectly fitting bandolier, like Hasbro should have given us all along but didn't.

Tycho
08-01-2006, 10:20 AM
What I'd buy (or have already bought) is not crossed out:

Order of the Jedi:

Luke Jedi Knight
Anakin Skywalker (ROTS)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) x 2!
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Qui-Gon Jinn

Heroes of the Rebellion:

Han Solo Bespin
Princess Leia as Boussh
? (could Luke be in here as well?)
? Lando - a General's outfit one from ROTJ!
? Chewbacca (hard to imagine, but could be awesome!)
? C-3PO (if they do droids) - unless the right ROTS Padme comes along
? R2D2 (hard to imagine at this point, but...) if I don't get a chance to get Hasbro's "with tools"

Dark Lords of the Sith

Darth Maul
Darth Vader (Sith eyes Anakin)
Darth Sidious / Palpatine (which outfit? Here's to hoping for the red one!)
Darth Tyranus (Dooku)
Darth Vader? (they made Boussh with a removeable helmet, right?)

Scum & Villainy

Jabba the Hutt (incredible and unexpected!)
Bib Fortuna
? Boba Fett
? Greedo
? Other bounty hunters

If SideShow is going to add more to these lines, will we see:

Order of the Jedi

Aayla Secura
SaeSee Tiin
Eeth Koth
E2 Anakin Skywalker
E2 Obi-Wan Kenobi

Heroes of the Rebellion

Leia Bespin Gown
Han Solo Carbonite
Luke Endor Gear
Lando (a 2nd outfit)
Captain Antilles
General Rieeken - I might consider this if a lot of Hoth Rebel Soldiers came out of a military line, but I doubt I'd buy any of it from Hoth anyway.

Perhaps an Officers of the Empire Line?

Veers - yes
Ozzel
Tarkin
Piett
Jerjerrod - one or the other out of Jerjerrod and Piett. I prefer Piett.
?

The Military Line would be self-explanatory

The Sith Lords could offer several more variations:

Darth Vader with younger or older burnt head under the helmet (whichever wasn't done)
Darth Sidious / Palpatine in another outfit - there are a few - I'd buy the Senator from Episode One: TPM.

Loyalist and Separatist figure lines:

Padme Amidala
Bail Organa
Captain Panaka
JarJar Binks
Mas Ameeda
Sly Moore

Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Tikkes
Wat Tambor
?
? (I could name characters, but I'm not sure if SS would make Poggle, or if Argente would sell)

Scum & Villainy could continue:

more bounty hunters would be a natural

Jabba's Palace or Cantina aliens going towards the obscure might give SideShow some pause - would customers pay $60+ for a Weequay? Could Momaw Nadon be sculpted and sold profitably? I'd buy 12" skiff guards!

I'm sure that Aurra Sing or Asaaj Ventress would sell, so they are safe bets.

I'd buy Ventress.

Anyway, that's my thoughts. Where I didn't buy, if a Hasbro figure exists of that character (Dooku, JarJar, Luke Endor, etc.) than I'm quite satisfied with it the way it is. If I went after a SideShow, either Hasbro never made the figure or it was unusually bad.

Darth Cruel
08-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Actually...Sideshow IS importing the Medicom RAH figures. But no...they will not touch the Mecicom Star Wars ones. And I read that Leia Boushh's helmet is NOT removeable...supposedly it is just a prop and has no function. I am going to check on that.

Tycho
08-01-2006, 03:43 PM
Again, the deal with Leia Boussh and removeable helmets in general:

SideShow will not resort to over-sized helmets. Their only option is entirely removeable heads.

Leia can be displayed as Boussh - by removing her head and putting on the solid Boussh head. So her helmet is not a "prop" so to speak (though it may be possible for the figure to carry it as such), but a replacement head.

I'm not sure if SideShow will proceede this way with any or all removeable helmet figures, but I see an excuse to write another list:

Troopers and Fetts with Jango heads, or Han Solo, Luke Skywalker ones.
Darth Vader with helmet on and helmet off heads. A Dagobah Vader / Luke becomes possible.
Lando Skiff Guard
Interesting, but Rebel Pilots with helmets on and off? "Biggs after the Battle of Yavin?" :D