PDA

View Full Version : Is It Advertising If.......

JayTee_Erricck
07-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Greetings fellow Star Wars fans.

Is it "advertising" if I plug my website here at these forums AND

1) I'm not trying to sell anything
2) it's a fan-based website (i.e. I pay for web-hosting with my OWN money)
3) I DO NOT have ANY banner ads or pop-ups on my website?

I'd like to make people aware of my Star Wars fan website but wish to know if it would be considered "advertising" if I do so.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee

Kidhuman
07-30-2006, 09:45 PM
It depends on how you go about it. A link in the sig line might be appropriate, but blatantly adevertising it is a no no and will lead to disciplinary action up to and including banishment. Your best bet would be to send a Private Message to JEdiTricks and discuss it with him before you do anything.

Banthaholic
07-31-2006, 01:30 AM
I know some have links to their personal sites in there sigs and it seems to work well.

Just having your website in your profile might also draw some traffic. If you become a regular around I'm sure it might get some hits.

By the way I checked out your site, cool to see a legion of fans out in Hawaii. Also nice to see the links page with the site to the Leia's :)

JayTee_Erricck
07-31-2006, 08:05 PM
To KidHuman,

Thank you for the reply! I will be sure to contact JEdiTricks right away.

To Banthaholic,

Thanks to you, as well, for the reply! I appreciate the compliment.

Yes, the Rebel Legion does now exist here in Hawai'i in the form of myself and a few other members. The "R.L.H.", as I like to call it, is only in its infant stages, however. I hope the group will grow in both numbers and consistent dedication as time goes on.

As for the links page, that will grow, too, in both Star Wars-related AND non Star Wars-related links. I hope you'll check back in from time to time to see what has changed / improved!

May the [Good Side of the] Force be with you.

Jay Tee