PDA

View Full Version : Pod Racer Flag Bearers

Banthaholic
07-30-2006, 08:35 PM
After getting the Comic Con 501st in the mail the other day I thought that the inclusion of the flag really made this figure cool.

I know it's always been on my mind and I'm sure it's on a few peoples wish lists, but it'd be cool to get some of the Flag Bearers with Flags from the Pod Race scene.

C-3PO would be an obvious first go at these, but aesthetically the look of these could really add some life and color to any Tatooine diorama, and would be just plain cool.

Ideally I'd like to get all of the 18-some podracers, some more droids, and Sebulba's Twi'lek twins, Gardulla the Hutt, E1 Bib Fortuna, and the human Warrik Davis, but somewhere in the mix it be cool to get at least C-3P0 and Anakin's flag.

Jargo
07-31-2006, 08:26 AM
There's not a lot of point in having the flag bearers if there's only two pods out there. There again I wasn't too enamoured of the pods hasbro did make.
For display purposes I kind of like the idea of having the flags come with the racer characters. the actual flag bearers if memory serves me weren't all that interesting.
Sebubas Nikto pod mechanics and his Twi-Lekmasseurs plus his massage chair would be cool. Pax Bonkik the blue jacket wearing Rodian, human pod mechanic in green jumpsuit, Tib pod mechanic, Quarren Tikkes and Grimey/Weaszel (depending on your source) from Watto's box. Gardulla, Diva Funquita and diva Shaliqua, Chokk the klaatooinian guard and R5-X2 the odds calculating astromech. More pod racer 2-packs and when it comes to Ratts Tyerell, he should come with his family. he's so tiny you could fill up the blister space with the rest of his clan. Oh and a regular release of the Eopie with Kitster and Wald. To be honest the Qui-Gon that came with the EP1 release was pants. And some dwarf Nunas packed in somewhere wuld be cool.
y'know what else would be cool? an electronic Jawa. just one sound bite. you push a button on his back - probably moulded as one of his bandolier strap pouches, and he shouts UTTINI! :)

jedi master sal
07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
There's not a lot of point in having the flag bearers if there's only two pods out there. There again I wasn't too enamoured of the pods hasbro did make.
For display purposes I kind of like the idea of having the flags come with the racer characters. the actual flag bearers if memory serves me weren't all that interesting.
Sebubas Nikto pod mechanics and his Twi-Lekmasseurs plus his massage chair would be cool. Pax Bonkik the blue jacket wearing Rodian, human pod mechanic in green jumpsuit, Tib pod mechanic, Quarren Tikkes and Grimey/Weaszel (depending on your source) from Watto's box. Gardulla, Diva Funquita and diva Shaliqua, Chokk the klaatooinian guard and R5-X2 the odds calculating astromech. More pod racer 2-packs and when it comes to Ratts Tyerell, he should come with his family. he's so tiny you could fill up the blister space with the rest of his clan. Oh and a regular release of the Eopie with Kitster and Wald. To be honest the Qui-Gon that came with the EP1 release was pants. And some dwarf Nunas packed in somewhere wuld be cool.
y'know what else would be cool? an electronic Jawa. just one sound bite. you push a button on his back - probably moulded as one of his bandolier strap pouches, and he shouts UTTINI! :)

All great ideas, Mr. DP and Banthaholic.

One can only hope, just don't hold your breath.

General_Grievous
08-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I'd rather them finish up the podracers first. I have no idea why we don't have Ben Quadrinaros or Rats Tyrell yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I frankly don't care if we don't get the flag bearers as figures, as I really couldn't tell you what any of them look like (besides C-3PO). I would eventually like a new TPM C-3PO as I think the first one is just outdated and bad, and he could come with a flag. I'd also like to see the rest of the podracers (especially the ones that are named on-screen, and in the DVD deleted scene), more pit droids, Jira, and Anakin's friends made into figures, and then I guess they can move onto flag bearers.