PDA

View Full Version : Spotter thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

JediTricks
11-04-2008, 03:23 PM
I hope that JT "stickys" the updated variant lists... which reminds me, JT mentioned that there's a Droid Gunship variant out there.I'll try to remember to photograph it, it's one I own. And I did stick the 2 threads.

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 08:03 AM
walmart unpacked a few boxes of the titaniums this morning but no TIE Defender or Landing Craft. basically a ton of both Red 2 & Red 3 X-wings, a few Hailfire droids, the blue A-Wing and a couple of Droid Landing Ships.

Blue2th
11-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Yeah, that's wave 3 which I only saw on the pegs once a while back. I hope it re-appears. I would like a couple more of some of them.

mtriv73
11-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah, that's wave 3 which I only saw on the pegs once a while back. I hope it re-appears. I would like a couple more of some of them.

Most of the e-tailers still have it listed as coming soon. EE says november arrival of wave 3 and BBTS still hasn't changed the MTT from Pre-order status to in stock (the others pre-sold out a long time ago.) Also, as far as I know, Hasbro toyshop has never listed these. I still have hopes that I may see these ships at some point in the near future.

Nightside
11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Legacy Wave 3 seems to have bypassed my area as well and Wave 4 just started turning up at the Targets here in the last week. Now that I got the Wave 4 pieces I want, I wants me an MTT!

Kidhuman
11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I found a Hailfire Droid and a Landing Craft today

jonthejedi
11-09-2008, 04:59 AM
There is hope! My Glen Burnie, MD WalMart put out wave 3 yesterday(1st I've seen these at retail). I p/u'ed MTT, Imp. landing craft from IV SE, rebel transport & TIE Defender. Funny how wave 4 hit first everywhere near me.

Kidhuman
11-09-2008, 05:38 AM
I still havent even seen the Cloud Car.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I saw the Cloud Car quite a while ago but passed on it because it was kind of busy and didn't want to go through the line at Wal-Mart for one thing. I finally saw it again three weeks ago and got it.

Yesterday I saw Biggs X-Wing and an AT-RT at Wal-Mart. I only wanted the X-Wing though. Target also had the Hailfire Droid so I got that one too.

LTBasker
11-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Found a couple Droid Gunships and a TF Lander at Target tonight, also they have Titaniums marked down $5.39 each.

figrin bran
11-09-2008, 08:15 PM
At WM, I saw TIE Defender, Imperial Landing Craft and the MTT. I didn't feel like paying $6.99 for each, especially since I also scored all of Legacy wave 4 at that store so I passed on them. Hopefully they'll show up at Target soon or else I might regret this!

JediTricks
11-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I found the MTT, TIE Defender, Rebel Transport, and Imp Landing Craft at TRU in Culver City today. I bought them, haven't opened them yet as I just got home.

cloneemperor
11-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I like all of those ones. The Defender looks dang sweet if you can get the wings to stay in position.

mtriv73
11-13-2008, 06:15 AM
I found all of wave 3 except the rebel transport and landing craft at a WM yesterday. I'm glad it's finally showing up in numbers. I skipped most of the repacks but did get the gunship with twilek nose art on it. I also now have 2 of the 6 Tie Defenders I'm looking for.

DarkArtist
11-13-2008, 07:27 AM
pikced up the Imp Landing Craft, 2 Defenders, and an MTT. thought i had the Rebel Transport but I guess i forgot to grab one. might have to go back later today and pick it up

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2008, 09:14 AM
I've seen a lot of gunships but I haven't seen one with the nose-art. I see it on the package, but not on the actual ship. I did see the regular large scale vehicle with it, though.

JediTricks
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
TIE Defender - not great. Permanent stand sucks, plastic wings suck, paint and sculpt are only fair. Not much metal.

Rebel Transport - decent, could use a little more boxes sculpted to the underside tho'. Should "do" something too, not really interesting, has room for improvement. Only real thing that needs fixing though is the engines are too simple in deco and sculpt.

Imperial Landing Craft - minor letdown. Deco is too dark, sculpt is fairly accurate but not a particularly interesting ship to begin with. Feature feels flimsy. Minimal metal, very lightweight.

MTT - amazing! Nearly all metal, very hefty, nearly perfect sculpt. You can really see the difference on this holdover sculpt from 2000 compared to a lot of modern sculpts. Tons of detail and a movie-accurate action gimmick (slide-out droid rack). Only real letdown is the wheels on the underside are cast opaque instead of clear, and they show.

Val Da Car
11-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Tie Defender...

Missed the Shadow Gunship.:sad:

Nightside
11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
The MTTs are finally showing up 'round here. Also saw a TIE Defender and a Shadow Gunship. I wasn't planning on picking up the Shadow Gunship but it looked better than I thought.

Now I gotta find room for it and the MTT...

Jangu Fett
11-20-2008, 10:09 PM
I found the Hailfire Droid, CIS Droid Gunship, Orange AT-RT, and 3 RGS. The Shadow, Nose Art and the dark grey no nose art. Still no sign of the TIE Defender, Imp Lander, Rebel Transport or the MTT.

DarkArtist
11-26-2008, 08:43 AM
I've seen a lot of gunships but I haven't seen one with the nose-art. I see it on the package, but not on the actual ship. I did see the regular large scale vehicle with it, though.

the TS ship has a very tiny almost impossible to see minor decal of the nose art. it's so small that you can actually miss it. because of this i have actually passed on it numerous times, I have 2 of the original gunships so that enough for me.

completely passed on the shadow gunship - have no desire. (maybe if they made one for the 3 3/4 scale but other than that no thanks

figrin bran
11-29-2008, 08:42 PM
At Target, I found and bought Aayla's JSF, Dagger Squadron B-Wing and Magna guard fighter.

The cockpit opens up on the Magna Guard fighter, which seems to becoming a more rare feature in this line. The thrusters and guns are plastic as are the stabilizers and it feels light to the touch as it's one of those hollow shell diecasts. Nonetheless, it's still worth getting IMO.

I also saw the Clone Wars Anakin JSF but passed on it.

JediTricks
11-30-2008, 06:56 PM
the TS ship has a very tiny almost impossible to see minor decal of the nose art. it's so small that you can actually miss it. because of this i have actually passed on it numerous times, I have 2 of the original gunships so that enough for me.

completely passed on the shadow gunship - have no desire. (maybe if they made one for the 3 3/4 scale but other than that no thanks
I finally saw one of the Gunships with the nose art. The packaging is the same as the figs without it, but the ship seems to be a darker hue, and the girl is painted further back than it should be so it can clear the screw hole on the right side. I have a feeling this one will be pretty rare since there are so many in the same packaging without the nose art.

Nice find on the magnaguard fighter wave Figgy B, I gotta get that fighter!

LTBasker
11-30-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm not so sure, they have been showing up here at every single store (for once). All of the ones I saw had the nose-art, but they seemed to have completely skipped the earlier shipments around here, maybe that's why.

Darth Duranium
12-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I think the confusion about the nose art stems from the wave announcements which were a bit screwed up. None of the first wave (medium grey) LTS gunships had nose art (I believe) but the later lighter one does.

The battle-damaged ARC-170 was released in LTS wave 1 without nose art but the later one had it.

The variant list is up to date, if you want more info.

Personally, I think the nose art's over-rated... extremely insignificant and not very well done at all, IMHO.

JediTricks
12-04-2008, 04:43 AM
The packaging for the nose art version has the non-nose art toy inside for the first few waves.

Darth Duranium
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
The packaging was correct for the Bi-lingual (English/French) versions, anyway... none of wave 1 said "Twilek Nose Art". Wave announcements aside, the first LTS ARC and Gunship were labelled "ARC-170" and "Republic Gunship" here. I guess the wave 1 US labelling/packaging was different.

BTW, I picked up Wave 5 this week... my impressions:

Headhunter - totally underwhelming and puny... wonder why they didn't make a larger one to match the new X-wing, Delta 7-B JSF etc.

Aayla JSF - a resounding "meh"... btw, "meh" entered the dictionary last week!

Anakin's Delta 7B JSF - nice new tool but crappo jaundiced paint scheme... can't believe I'm saying this but a repaint would be welcome

Dagger B-Wing - decent repaint but otherwise "meh"

Rebel TIE fighter - lame... should have done more than just slap on a rebel logo, IMO

Magnaguard fighter - very nice indeed... great tool, nice paint, nice size

For some reason, haven't seen a single ship from Wave 4 yet anywhere... seems a lot of folks in the NE and Midwest are having trouble finding 'em in-store. Hopefully it's a situation similar to Wave 3 where it took a while to get around to everyone... although Wave 3 was no problem for me.
Frackity frack! It's kinda irksome....

Darth Duranium
12-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Wave 4 finally showed up at retail here. I'm finally caught up.

The A-Wing and Red II X-Wing are exact repacks/retreads...skipped 'em.

Anyone know if the Classic Cylon Raider from the last wave (or 3) is identical to the first release? Someone snipes 'em all at my local WM every time.

Droid Gunship - nice... decent heft and good paint with very light battle damage which suits me. I like the eyes a lot...I can almost convince myself it's a Cylon Heavy Raider:)

Hailfire Droid - nice job, good weight but kinda blah on the decision to do it as a TS. It'll probably join the Sandcrawler, Dewback, and MTT as a mega pegwarmer.

X-Wing Red 3 - is it naptime yet?

AT-RT (Camo) - yawn, scratch

TF Landing Craft - just awesome! huge! love it! Even the tiny MTT looks great... Top notch job, Galoob.... er, Hasbro! This one's even dated "99.

You gotta wonder how great a job of the Titanium Series that Galoob would have done had they continued on without Hasbro.

Blue2th
12-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Anyone know if the Classic Cylon Raider from the last wave (or 3) is identical to the first release? Someone snipes 'em all at my local WM every time.

TF Landing Craft - just awesome! huge! love it! Even the tiny MTT looks great... Top notch job, Galoob.... er, Hasbro! This one's even dated "99.

You gotta wonder how great a job of the Titanium Series that Galoob would have done had they continued on without Hasbro.

I passed on the Cylon Raider twice, it looked exactly like the last one.

Bought two of those Landing craft, they are choice. If I see another I will probably buy it. No wonder it's so nice, it's Galoob.

The MTT is also dated "99, if you didn't mention it already.

Darth Duranium
12-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I passed on the Cylon Raider twice, it looked exactly like the last one.

Thanks Blu... good to know.

Bought two of those Landing craft, they are choice. If I see another I will probably buy it. No wonder it's so nice, it's Galoob.

A few folks have commented on the difficulties involved in making diecast vs resin ships, but seeing these mostly metal Galoobs sure makes me think that Hasbro could do a lot better and stop cheaping out with the plastic.

The MTT is also dated "99, if you didn't mention it already.

I didn't mention it... so's Anakin's Podracer, methinks.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2008, 01:38 AM
Swung by Wal-Mart and Target before the company Christmas party tonight. Since we are expecting snow this weekend, I figured I wouldn't get over there tomorrow. At Wal-Mart I found Rebel Transport, MTT, Shadow Gunship, Nose Art Gunship, Landing Craft and TIE Defender.

Target doesn't seem to be putting anything out in Titaniums or basic figures. The pegs are just gradually getting emptier.

Nightside
12-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Found the Wave 5 ships at Target last night.

Anyone else's Headhunter guns fall off immediatley? I guess that's why the choking hazard warning is so prominent on the package - Hasbro didn't bother to use enough glue to keep the guns on. Luckily, I had some super glue handy.

I also thought it was odd that the Headhunter wasn't held together with screws like the other ships.

JediTricks
12-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Stupid Target has started putting up signs here that say "Price Cut" and are a dollar MORE than the current price. Hopefully this is a mistake, but watch out for Target jumping the TS price yet again.

JediTricks
12-18-2008, 04:32 PM
At Target, paid $6.59 each for:
Magnaguard Starfighter / P-38 (kinda boring)

Anakin's Clone Wars JSF (decent, good amount of metal, ok cockpit detailing, but not great overall)

Z-95 Headhunter (very nifty, accurate, good landing gear, nice canopy, good amount of metal, but blasters come off very easily)

mtriv73
01-05-2009, 02:39 PM
The good news is, HTS has many of the new titaniums available for $4.99 each. The bad news is, shipping for the Z-95 has obviously been put into their computer wrong. It comes up as $19.85 for each one you add to your cart.

ascmclarencoupe
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I found Wave 6 this morning at Wal-Mart - Benton Harbor, MI.

I picked up:

** Republic Interceptor Tank
** V-19 Torrent
** Emperor's Hand Shuttle

Passed on the rest. I expected to pass on the EH Shuttle, but this "dirty" version looks so much better than the earlier clean version so I went ahead and bought it.

I originally planned on getting the Shadow Scout Trooper on the SB, but it didn't do as much for me as I thought it would.
I'm sure that I will end up going back and get it later though; sometimes I just can't help myself. :frus:

Brent

Mad Slanted Powers
01-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Does anyone have the Biggs' X-Wing and the Hailfire Droid still in the package? In my collection database, I record the UPC, but I opened these before I entered them in. Unlike the basic figures that have the name next to the UPC, these do not. So, if you know which one is 653569366768 and which one is 653569348764, let me know.

ascmclarencoupe
01-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I haven't been fortunate enough to find Bigg's X-Wing yet, but I can confirm that the UPC code on the Hailfire is 653569366768.

Brent

LTBasker
01-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Found the V-19 wave today, the Republic Tank is sweeeeet. Shame the V-19 comes with a normal stand, though. Kept hoping maybe they would make a unique one, but oh well.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-22-2009, 06:21 PM
I haven't been fortunate enough to find Bigg's X-Wing yet, but I can confirm that the UPC code on the Hailfire is 653569366768.

BrentThanks. I can figure out the other one by process of elimination.

jonthejedi
01-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Found Shadow speeder bike, TX-130, Emperor's Hand shuttle & V-19 at Hanover, MD WalMart. P/u'ed P38 at a Target, but never saw others anywhere: Delta7B starfighter, Z-95 Headhunter, etc.

mtriv73
01-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Found Shadow speeder bike, TX-130, Emperor's Hand shuttle & V-19 at Hanover, MD WalMart. P/u'ed P38 at a Target, but never saw others anywhere: Delta7B starfighter, Z-95 Headhunter, etc.

I saw the newest wave with the V-19, tank, etc. yesterday. I only picked up the V-19. I was tempted by the tank until I got a closer look at it. Besides, they're $7 each at WM now. If they were $5 or $5.50 I probably would have bought the entire set.

figrin bran
01-24-2009, 03:30 PM
At Target, I bought the V-19 and Rep. Fighter Tank. Left Emperor's Hand Shuttle and Shadow Speeder behind, however.

Nightside
01-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Picked up the Emperor's Hand Shuttle, Republic Tank, V-19 Torrent and the Viper Mk II at Wal-Mart today. All are nice pieces, although the Viper has some white schmutz on the red stripe on the nose. It does bug me that Hasbro couldn't be bothered to make a stand to properly display the V-19, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-24-2009, 04:39 PM
I found the Republic Fighter Tank at Wal-Mart, and the V-19 and Emperor's Hand Shuttle at Target. I passed on the Viper.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Picked up the Emperor's Hand Shuttle, Republic Tank, V-19 Torrent and the Viper Mk II at Wal-Mart today. All are nice pieces, although the Viper has some white schmutz on the red stripe on the nose. It does bug me that Hasbro couldn't be bothered to make a stand to properly display the V-19, though.I've not opened mine yet, but my V-19 appears to have a stand. Does it not work right or something?

LTBasker
01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
It comes with the standard Titanium stand which will make it unable to display in flight mode due to having no space for the middle wing.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-24-2009, 07:51 PM
I see now. I was only focusing on the other two wings, and the stand allows them to go down far enough to match this picture (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Tor.jpg).

figrin bran
01-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Have you all looked at the underside of the Rep. Tank?

It's atrocious and has no detailing whatsoever.

Nightside
01-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Have you all looked at the underside of the Rep. Tank?

It's atrocious and has no detailing whatsoever.

Yeah, if they were going to make such a simple underside, I would have at least expected some wheels.

JediTricks
01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
They did the TX-130 tank without wheels, movable sides, or details? That's stupid, what the hell?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
The guns move up and down and the turret rotates.

JediTricks
01-28-2009, 03:21 AM
I meant underside details, sorry for the confusion. There's no reason to leave any of those other elements out. I can't think of another TS they've done where they've left the underside non-detailed.

mtriv73
01-28-2009, 11:13 AM
It looks like the emperors hand shuttle has the wrong vehicle pictured on the cardback. I saw one in WM this morning and decided to read the back and it looks like the imperial landing craft.

JediTricks
01-30-2009, 03:02 PM
Black speeder bike yesterday at Target.

JediTricks
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Picked up the Republic Fighter Tank (aka TX-130) and V-19 Torrent Fighter at Target yesterday, pricing is up to $8.19 a pop which basically means this line is going to die fast since it's so dependent on repaints and nobody wants to buy repaints at that friggin' price.

V-19 is a massive disappointment, the deco is fair but the base color and the cockpit color suck. It's barely metal, it weighs nothing, and it's fairly tiny. They didn't bother sculpting stops in the right place, so wing alignment is easy to knock out (though there's enough friction that it won't sag by itself). The situation with the stand hole is a little frustrating, but the toy actually can stand by itself in flight position so you don't really need a stand - still, they should have made a special stand for this, it wouldn't have been difficult.

The TX-130 is decent, it's the same base color as the V-19 for some odd reason, they both have a pinkish hue. The underside isn't sculpted which is a bummer, the sides don't flex, and the rear has good sculpting but isn't entirely accurate. Still, they basically nailed this design overall, and there are some great little touches. The top turret hatch is closed, the turret rotates, and the side guns pivot freely. All in all, I'm generally happy with it.

JediTricks
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
My buddy Rick in Las Vegas found Wave 7 Revision 1 cases at 2 of his local walmarts last night. That's the Neimoidian Shuttle, Anakin's ROTS hypderdrive Jedi Starfighter, Republic Attack Shuttle, and Twilight. However, it leaves out the Virago from the non-revision asst, and BARC Speeder and IG-2000 from the Revision 2 asst.

Blue2th
02-21-2009, 05:44 PM
...then maybe they're hitting most Walmarts, gotta keep my eyes peeled! :yes:

figrin bran
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
My buddy Rick in Las Vegas found Wave 7 Revision 1 cases at 2 of his local walmarts last night. That's the Neimoidian Shuttle, Anakin's ROTS hypderdrive Jedi Starfighter, Republic Attack Shuttle, and Twilight. However, it leaves out the Virago from the non-revision asst, and BARC Speeder and IG-2000 from the Revision 2 asst.

I found this assortment at a local Target today and bought only the Twilight, Anakin's JSF and Red Leader's X-Wing.

JediTricks
02-23-2009, 02:49 AM
Which Target? And if you see a Virago, please stash.

figrin bran
02-24-2009, 12:30 AM
JT, this was West Holly Target. I'll stash or even buy the Virago for you if/when I see it.

JediTricks
02-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Not necessary, I found another Virago there yesterday, along with a Neimoidian Shuttle! :D

LTBasker
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Found the new Titaniums at 3 different Wal-Marts today, sadly far too many vehicles to buy at once. >_<

Virago definitely seems the first to always get bought from this wave.

collapseandrelax
02-25-2009, 03:08 AM
How much are the Titaniums in the shops?

Because I´ve no comparisons of the prices of them (I´ve bought all my Titaniums at ebay...)

LTBasker
02-25-2009, 09:04 AM
I believe at Wal-Mart they're $6.98, though still $4.99 at HasbroToyShop.

Kidhuman
02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I saw the newest wave with the Twilight and Viagro in it. 7 buks a pop makes me a bit hesitant.

collapseandrelax
02-25-2009, 04:12 PM
I believe at Wal-Mart they're $6.98, though still $4.99 at HasbroToyShop.

Stupid Hasbro. They´re only shipping within the US.

$5 is a nice price, I´ve to pay much more for them... :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
02-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I picked up the Twilight this evening.

jonthejedi
02-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Thanks for heads up, KH! Yeah, the pricing lately is making us all pause. I've seriously cut back on 12" SCALE.

Jangu Fett
02-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Man, I went to Target. Found the Virago, Sep. Shuttle, Nu-Class Shuttle, Obi-Wan's and Ani's Clone Wars Jedi Fighter and Twilight. I passed on all of them. I'm sorry, but there is no way in he........... Mustafar, that am I paying $8.50 for each. I think I'll get mine from HasbroToyShop. Or TRU if they ever restock, last couple of trips all they had was the Twin Pod Cloud Car. At least the Titaniums at TRU are still around $6.

JediTricks
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Found the rest of this wave at Target Culver City, $8.19 a pop! Geez!

The ROTS Hyperdrive ring w/ JSF is very heavy though, lots and lots of metal in that one.

The Republic Attack Shuttle is very light and looks poorly realized, the wings don't even fold up as far as they should.

Nightside
02-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up about HasbroToyShop.com. I never expected them to have the new stuff so soon. I ordered all the new molds.

Question for anyone who's already picked up the new Jedi starfighter with hyperdrive ring - Do the two pieces separate or is it one solid piece?

RJarvis
02-28-2009, 03:24 AM
Question for anyone who's already picked up the new Jedi starfighter with hyperdrive ring - Do the two pieces separate or is it one solid piece?

two pieces...the ship does separate from the ring...and the cockpit opens...no landing gear though, but other than that detail, it's really nice

IMO, he best ship in this lot is the neimoidian shuttle...wish the landing gear folded up, but apart from that, it's a great piece...don't know why i like it so much b/c it's really an ugly ship, but i guess i'm just strange that way...

Ross

Darth Magnus
03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi all. Many thanks for keeping everyone abreast of the arrival of the newest waves.
Picked up the Twilight, neimodian shuttle, and Repub attack shuttle from Walmart in State College, PA for $6.98 each. Passed on the Virago since I have the MM version. They had the wave at Target but at $8.19.
The landing gear is kind of annoying but with a screwdriver you can get em out without any problem if you don't like them. Though the overall paint job is a bit slapdash on all of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Today at Wal-Mart I got the Neimoidian Shuttle, Red Leader X-Wing, Gold Leader Y-Wing, The Twilight, ARC-170 repaint, Anakin and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighters, and Ecliptic Evader TIE.

Darth Duranium
03-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Finally got my hands on some of the newest wave last week... I reluctantly gave up on buying most of the repaints this year. Enough's enough!

Having said that, I wish all waves were this good! My shuttle fetish is satisfied, for now....

Neimoidian Shuttle - very nice but way too small... I took the landing gear off but I might shorten them and put 'em back

Rep. Attack Shuttle - meh paint but kewl... a bit small but it's a welcome addition

Obi Delta 7a - much better paint than prev. release, IMO; great tool, really

Virago - Huge! Not crazy about the lavender paint but otherwise impressed. This was a nice surprise from out of the blue.

Anakin ETA w/ H-ring - Most impressive... didn't expect it to be so nice and heavy

Twilight - Much better and bigger than expected, looks good in flight mode on a tall TS stand

I also put my V-19 Torrent on a tall TS stand using a little metal clip and a plastic rod at the back... it looks great in battle mode. The Droid Gunship looks better on a tall stand, too.

Darth Duranium
03-12-2009, 09:38 AM
FYI:

Just ordered the IG-2000 and BARC Speeder from Sci-Fi Genre... they're in stock, $5.95 each, and they ship international cheaply!

They've got a bunch of the other ships from wave 7, too.

ascmclarencoupe
03-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Picked up three of the current wave at my local WM this morning. It was nice seeing 12 pegs bursting with new Titaniums. :thumbsup:

Anakin ETA w/ H-ring - Most impressive... didn't expect it to be so nice and heavy.

This was the first ship I grabbed and I completely agree. I had a feeling I was going to like this one too and when the re-paints of this one start coming I'm sure I will buckle under the pressure and get most of them.

I also put my V-19 Torrent on a tall TS stand using a little metal clip and a plastic rod at the back... it looks great in battle mode. The Droid Gunship looks better on a tall stand, too.

That sounds like a great idea, got any pics?

Brent

JediTricks
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Anybody spot the IG-2000 on pegs yet? It's shipping in a revision wave on the current wave.

Darth Duranium
03-15-2009, 10:03 PM
That sounds like a great idea, got any pics?

Brent

Yup... here you go, Brent:

First off, my modified Neimoidian Shuttle... now with its landing gear up.

Darth Duranium
03-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Next, the Twilight and Droid Gunship on tall (Delta 7 w/ H-Ring) stands... looks better, IMO...

Darth Duranium
03-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Last, a V-19 Torrent on a modified tall stand... enjoy!

JediTricks
03-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Wow, the shuttle looks really good with its landing gear up. That's a nice custom, how hard was it to do?

Clever fix on the V-19 stand.

ascmclarencoupe
03-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Agreed. :thumbsup:

The V-19 looks much better displayed that way. Thanks for sharing.

Brent

Darth Duranium
03-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow, the shuttle looks really good with its landing gear up. That's a nice custom, how hard was it to do?

Clever fix on the V-19 stand.

Thanks, dudes... the gear down kinda annoyed me.

Not much to it, JT. Using nail clippers, I sliced off each "leg" below the black nub where the gear protrude from the ship, chopped off the black part of the legs (the femur?), and then I sanded all the edges a tiny bit with a Dremel. I reattached the shortened gear to the ship with 2-step epoxy. Took about 5 minutes to do... easy peasey, lemon squeezey!

My V-19 stand mod is about as ghetto as you can get: A tall TS stand, a paper clip with the silver "handles" removed, and a piece of bendy plastic from a WOTC stand shoved up its arse.... no glue. A 30 second fix... looks reasonably good, methinks.

JediTricks
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Hmm, I'm not a fan of glue, I'm very bad with it in general, but I may have to enact that mod.

Darth Duranium
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
Hmm, I'm not a fan of glue, I'm very bad with it in general, but I may have to enact that mod.

JT, in that case, I'd suggest that you influence midichlorians to get your landing gear to stay on.:)

The good thing about 2-step epoxy is that you only need a tiny amount of it, and it permanently sticks well to paint, zamac, resin, and plastic.

It also allows you move parts around before it fully sets, and you can easily scrape off any excess glue, unlike Krazy Glue etc.

Anyhoo, good luck with the mod... post a pic!

JediTricks
03-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I have a tube of 2-part epoxy, that's how I know I suck with glue. One of the many ways I know, actually. :p My desk still has my finger pads attached to the surface.

RJarvis
03-19-2009, 03:28 AM
Anybody spot the IG-2000 on pegs yet? It's shipping in a revision wave on the current wave.

Confirmed find tonight around 2:45 am at the super-wally-mart in Bryan, TX...found i think 6xIG-2000 and 2xZ-95...picked up both z-95 b/c i don't think the wave with them and the p38 ever hit down here (any help there would be MUCH appreciated) and picked up 2 iggies...

haven't opened the iggies yet, but as for the headhunters, i'm totally blown away...they have 3-point moveable landing gear and opening cockpits with passable interior details...not to add to your glue woes, JT, but if you're going to play with, er, do anything other than simply display your z-95, the blasters will need to be glued on much like the newer x-wings...

cheers all and happy hunting!

Ross

RJarvis
03-19-2009, 04:05 AM
don't know if anyone else has noticed this yet or not, and not sure if this is a first in the titanium line, but upon further inspection, my z-95 is not held together with screws...it's pop-riveted together like a hot wheels car...not that it matters all that much and there may very well be others in the line that are the same, but i did find this a bit odd and a break from the norm...

i'll try to post pics in the next couple of days...

Ross

JediTricks
03-20-2009, 01:45 AM
I spotted the BARC Speeder at Target tonight, no IG-2000 tho'. It's got pretty sloppy sculpt and paint, and they had the previous $8.19 pricing, so I passed.

Nice find Ross, 6 of them Iggies, I'm totally jealous! :D The Z-95 isn't that new, I already have noticed how much of a pain the cannons are to keep on, it's worse than the new X-wing even.

mtriv73
03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
I saw 2 IG-2000's and a Barc speeder as well as the rest of the wave today at TRU. I passed on all of them. I just can't bring myself to pay $7 plus tax for these. I kind of regretting buying the Virago last week. I do love the new jedi starfighter with hyperspace ring. I'll buy the obi-wan variant when it comes out, but I'm drawing the line there.

I also noticed HTS is upping the price on many of their titaniums to 6.99.

Last night my 19 month old son was "flying" around the republic attack shuttle and I was chasing him with the V-19. We had fun.

Darth Duranium
03-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Got my IG-2000 and BARC in the post today... took a few pics.

Both are a little underwhelming, really...

The IG's fairly small and the arms are rigid, unless I'm not twisting hard enough... no features whatsoever. The paint's ok by me.

The paint and moulding on the TS BARC rider is pretty heinous (wearing a speckled Grand Poobah hat), but the bike tool itself is pretty good. Gotta say the WOTC one's nicer... in fact, they look like completely different BARC models... check out the steering console in particular.

Blue2th
03-21-2009, 02:31 PM
It's not Star Wars, but I finally managed to score the Konami Aliens, Dropship, APC, and Ripley w/Loader off ebay. :thumbsup:

Just need to get the Nostromo and possibly the Alien Queen to pose with Ripley and the loader. That's it.

Nightside
03-21-2009, 03:50 PM
Picked up the IG-2000 today and I've got one question - What was Hasbro thinking putting the maker's mark on the top of the ship?

RJarvis
03-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Picked up the IG-2000 today and I've got one question - What was Hasbro thinking putting the maker's mark on the top of the ship?

agreed...i noticed that on mine as well...not a pretty thing on an otherwise very nice looking ship *shaking head*

Ross

figrin bran
03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I found and bought the IG-1000 and BARC speeder from Target today.

The paint apps on my BARC are quite decent, even the trooper's specks don't look that haphazard.

Darth Duranium
03-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I never noticed the mark on the IG-2000... I guess the designers screwed up...

It's not Star Wars, but I finally managed to score the Konami Aliens, Dropship, APC, and Ripley w/Loader off ebay. :thumbsup:

Just need to get the Nostromo and possibly the Alien Queen to pose with Ripley and the loader. That's it.

Nice one, Blue...:thumbsup:

The Konami Alien sets are just frickin' great... amazing detail and paint, IMO. The Nostromo's a big heavy chunk of solid resin... very nice but a little large for Titanium scale... worth it, though. Did you end up getting the Space Jockey and Sulaco, too?

Blue2th
03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I never noticed the mark on the IG-2000... I guess the designers screwed up...

Nice one, Blue...:thumbsup:

The Konami Alien sets are just frickin' great... amazing detail and paint, IMO. The Nostromo's a big heavy chunk of solid resin... very nice but a little large for Titanium scale... worth it, though. Did you end up getting the Space Jockey and Sulaco, too?

No haven't gotten the Space Jockey, but got the Sulaco quite a while back. It was my first Konami. Got the Nostromo Life boat-craft about a month ago. I am impressed with what I have, so I definitely like the Konami's :thumbsup:

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Wait, so now they can't tell top from bottom, as well as back from front? Ridiculous!

Dang, the IG-2000 not having movable arms is unacceptable, especially since they were movable on the prototype photos. I also don't like that they scrimped on the paint, the front window is unpainted.

jonthejedi
03-23-2009, 04:10 AM
My local SuperWalMart & Target both had new Titaniums: IG-2000, Z-95 Headhunter & BARC speeder.

Jangu Fett
03-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Got the IG-2000 and BARC from TRU. Really like the BARC, the IG-2000, it seems rather small. The arms do not move, and is pretty plain. Did like the metallic paint, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I saw both the IG-2000 and BARC yesterday, along with Anakin's Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Ring. I passed on the BARC, as I don't care for speeder bikes at this scale.

LTBasker
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Got the IG-2000 recently, decided to open one today, and have to say I have some mixed feelings.

First of all, I love the design of the ship. I've been fascinated by the unique and bizarre appearance, as it looks like some sort of fierce insect that has been mechanized - a fitting design for a Droid bounty hunter. Fortunately, I do believe that Hasbro has managed to capture it very well, replicating the design quite simply yet giving it plenty of detail to leave your eyes darting across the hull. The package should come with a disclaimer to not look too close, however, as that is certainly where it begins to lose it's charm.

First, you notice that the window area between the mandibles ends in a very broad, flat front, and doesn't even continue the window markings or paint into that. Not a tragedy, but a disappointment that can be slightly remedied by leaving it at an angle. Unfortunately, this isn't the only problem spot. On the one place that should have been absolutely taboo to mess with - the top - they have placed the trademark details. And where exactly are these? But on the windows. Right there, on the top side, on the windows. Stupid. Completely, and utterly stupid. Still, from afar and at an angle... it looks decent. Bit too much work to make it presentable, but could be worse.

Of course, it could be better. Especially as that isn't the end of this craft's let-downs. After you're done scrutinizing the detail imperfections, you begin to notice the structural imperfections. Most notably, the... wings, legs, tentacles, nacelles... Whatever you prefer to refer to them as, they're nearly the softest plastic possible. Nearly, because strangely the nacelles aren't dropping (yet), so I can only imagine they're busy using the softest plastic for someone's legs in the 3 3/4" line.

Despite the quality of material they're still able to retain some decent detailing that successfully compliments the primary hull. The biggest problem I actually have with the nacelles, though, is simply that they warp quite easily. Between the two I found, one of them had the nacelles warped quite badly inside due to improper packaging. But, thanks to the only other positive side to cheap plastic, I managed to bend them into proper shape.

This leaves me with the bane of the line; the packaging. I haven't opened many Titanium ships in the past couple of years despite buying openers. For one, I'm waiting on some proper shelving to have a decent space to display them, and... well, I simply can't be bothered to risk my pale flesh being torn asunder from the venture. Still, this is one I could not resist. Boy, do I wish I had. This was the worst experience I've had in attempting to open a Titanium package, as I intensely analyzed the various edges and corners to locate a vulnerability; the way to crack this plastic vault. Eventually stumbling upon a paper-thin opening at the bottom, I stuck my x-acto blade within the crevice and performed the delicate surgery, yearning to get to the underrated treasure within, but ever fearful of spontaneous amputation.

Finally, a complete L-section had been performed and the removal of the tray could be performed. Of course, as I quickly found out this was still not a point to rush as the crafty carving had left many sharp edges on the sandwiching of paper and plastic, leaving me extremely hesitant as my hand extracted the bulky tray. Several hours later, after beginning the invasion of the fortified packaging, I finally had my ship in front of me. And, how much did all of this anxiety and ultimate mediocrity cost? A whopping $6.98 plus tax.

Ironically, despite all this, I love the fact I own a Titanium IG-2000, it's just truly unfortunate that it wasn't as great as it easily could have been. I could even forgive the risk of sanity and limb with the packaging if the ship had had fully consistent detailing (the windows), the trademarking in a proper area, and a better quality of plastic - or even die-cast metal - used for the nacelles. But, at over $7 for a craft that is dwarfed by the packaging, it is most definitely a shining example of a nail in the coffin recently acquired by the line.

JediTricks
04-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Basker, you know knives are sharp, right? You could just cut into the plastic above the backer and cut around to the other side, leaving the bottom flap and top J-hook intact so you can put it back in.

LTBasker
04-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes, I realize knives are sharp. :razz:

The way I do it, is I slip the knife into the bottom to cut along that, and then I go up a single side. Sometimes it goes smoothly, sometimes it doesn't, it just depends on how well the sandwiching of the backer went, but this was the end result:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/TitaniumOpening.jpg

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Yeah, that's the result I get too (although I usually leave the little flap at the bottom attached to the bubble for re-closure). But I start the cut just above the stand where the plastic is clear.

Darth Duranium
04-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I just won the 2005 Walmart 5-pack with the "Raw Metal" Death Star... woohoo.... I've been wanting this one for a long time and I finally got one cheap!
All my other "raw metal" ships are in a box somewhere... this is the only one I'll display because it makes sense: it looks like it's under construction, not just an unpainted toy vehicle.

JediTricks
04-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Found the IG-2000 at Target West Hollywood yesterday. The lesser reviews are true, this one is mixed bag.

The bad:
- very small, lightweight.
- underwhelming paint, missing entirely on the front window.
- the "arms" don't move.
- they really did put the trademark text on the upper windows! They painted this black, so it's not THAT obvious, but it's bad enough.

The good:
- the sculpt is accurate.
- great to have this nifty EU ship
- whoosh is fun.
- remaining paint details work out ok.

LTBasker
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
- they really did put the trademark text on the upper windows!

That completely baffles me as to who could have possibly thought it was a good idea. I think better placing would have been on the inside of one of the wings/arms?

JediTricks
04-08-2009, 03:47 PM
They want it on the main body so that if someone copies it, it'll be taken with. However, there's TONS of room on the underside for it, right behind the peghole, or even the same windows as on top but on the bottom half. Sloppy and stupid, they were.

BuckarooBanzai
04-23-2009, 01:55 PM
Hello, I'm a new member here! First, I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I've tried to complete my MM collection, and I just want to know if I have everything.

I have all the MM from the original movies and all the Episode 1 packs, including XI and XII with the Naboo Royal Starship and Republic Cruiser. I have all Shadows of the Empire and Epic Collections (including Epic IV, V, and VI). I also have the Imperial Landing Craft and Lambda Shuttle with foldable wings from the playsets, as well as the Skiff, Aldar Beedo's Podracer, Luke's Swamp Damaged X-wing, and the very small version of the Skyhopper - all from playsets. I don't think there is anything I missed.

Anyway, pleased to be a member of the community and I hope you can help me with my collecting needs and maybe I can help some people with theirs.

SirSteve
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Hello, I'm a new member here! First, I'm wondering if anyone could help me. I've tried to complete my MM collection, and I just want to know if I have everything.

I have all the MM from the original movies and all the Episode 1 packs, including XI and XII with the Naboo Royal Starship and Republic Cruiser. I have all Shadows of the Empire and Epic Collections (including Epic IV, V, and VI). I also have the Imperial Landing Craft and Lambda Shuttle with foldable wings from the playsets, as well as the Skiff, Aldar Beedo's Podracer, Luke's Swamp Damaged X-wing, and the very small version of the Skyhopper - all from playsets. I don't think there is anything I missed.

Anyway, pleased to be a member of the community and I hope you can help me with my collecting needs and maybe I can help some people with theirs.

We need a Star Wars MicroMachine Category manager at CollectionStation.com. If anyone is interested, LMK and we can get going on it so that collectors would know everything that is out there and so they can catalog their collection!

cloneemperor
04-24-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm interested but I don't have a lot of extra time. I don't have everything yet, like the new guy, but I'm getting closer and I have a comprehensive list of everything I don't have. What's the pay like? :D Just kidding.

RJarvis
04-25-2009, 12:14 AM
there are still some here who said they'd probably want to get them...i found the first wave of the Hotwheels Star Trek ships tonight at the super-wally-mart in Mesquite, TX...

can't really say i'm impressed except that they are HUGE!...i only picked up the ent-d and the reliant b/c they are $11.29 apiece.

for those interested, the only metal part on the reliant is the top of the main body of the ship. the bottom is all plastic as is the flying bridge and the nacelles...

the only metal part on the ent-d is the top of the engineering section...the nacelles, the "neck" and the saucer section are all plastic...but there is a bonus: the ent-d saucer section DOES separate from engineering...

detailing on the ent-d is pretty good...even on the metal part...detailing on the reliant is sorely lacking...comparatively speaking, the johnny lightning versions are much better, IMO, but overall, not bad for a freshman attempt...would really like to see an akira come out of this line...

the only other one that was there when i found them was the ent-a...and i wasn't impressed enough to get it...will probably pick up the ent from the new movie when/if i find it...

one last thing, for those who are hunting...because these are not likely to be hung on a peg, walmart is stocking them on the lower shelves underneath the new star trek figures...and they're very easy to overlook...i actually missed them twice...

the pics aren't great...all i have with me is my cell phone, so lo-res it is until i can get back home...will post some comparison pics when time allows...

cheers and happy hunting!

Ross

20106 20107 20108

Darth Duranium
04-25-2009, 08:12 AM
$11.29 seems pretty reasonable... just might have to check them out. Thanks for the pics... they look about the same size as the F-Toys Ent D... a little bigger than the Hallmark, definitely smaller than the Corgi.

BTW, there's a Trek ships thread under Non-SW collectibles. We've been babbling about these for a while:)

Nightside
04-30-2009, 03:46 PM
What's the street date for the next Titanium wave?

mtriv73
04-30-2009, 04:08 PM
What's the street date for the next Titanium wave?

EE has it listed as June. It's the one with the CW Y-wing and the hounds tooth (which will be warming the pegs right beside the virago and IG-2000.)

LTBasker
04-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Are they really warming the pegs? I've only seen the Virago sitting at a single Wal-Mart here, but the only toys that move at that store with any sort of consistency are Hot Wheels. Otherwise it and the IG-2000 are among the first gone around here.

cloneemperor
05-01-2009, 02:56 AM
I wish they were warming the pegs around here. The last wave I saw in my stores was Legacy wave 5, and I only ever saw anything from wave 4 once.

grumble, grumble ... stupid Hasbro distribution in Canada ... never get products from the first few months of the year ... grumble, grumble

mtriv73
05-01-2009, 09:54 AM
I'd be happy to take orders for Virago's and Ig-2000's and give them to you at cost plus shipping just to get them out of here. That's all my TRU has on the pegs (besides 22 Yarnas and wave 1 clone wars figures.)

Blue2th
05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Found the Clone Wars version of the Republic Attack Cruiser repaint with the red accents at TRU online if anybody's looking for it at 6.99.

This one seems to be getting harder to find online at a fair price, sold out at HTS.
Anyways, I bought a couple, because I missed this one.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3097533

JediTricks
05-16-2009, 07:38 PM
My buddy Rick found the latest wave at WM in Las Vegas last night, picked up a CW Y-wing and mentioned that the Hound's Tooth looked like a flying Sandcrawler, which was awesome since I had never said that to him before.

As for pegwarming, the line has been moving a little better lately around here, the only pegwarmer left over usually is the Neimoidian Shuttle.

Blue2th
05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
It's good that they're hitting now. Getting kinda dry around here for Titaniums, except for a few pegwarmers and the perpetual Tatooine Skiff.

Now I can keep a sharp eye out for them.

figrin bran
05-23-2009, 09:16 PM
I got the latest wave at WM today! Picked up CW Y-Wing, Sebulba's racer, Red 4 X-Wing and Hound's Tooth.

mtriv73
05-28-2009, 09:23 AM
I got the clone wars Y-wing, and sebulba's pod racer yesterday. I left the hounds tooth (actually there were 2 so I guess I left the Hounds Teeth.) I refuse to buy another x-wing repaint.

RJarvis
05-28-2009, 01:28 PM
has anybody else noticed that the packaging on the clone wars y-wing says that it has an opening canopy?

it may just be mine, but there doesn't seem to be an opening canopy...am i crazy, or is this just one more in a long line of quality control slip-ups? (and unless i'm much mistaken, the old y-wing didn't have an opening canopy either, so it's not just a matter of reusing the old packaging)

thanks

Ross

jonthejedi
05-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Also picked up the aforementioned Titaniums at a Md. SuperWalMart this am. They hit quicker than I thought.

ascmclarencoupe
05-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Picked up the latest Wave TRU in South Bend last night.

The packaging has been changed again. The sticker is now a black rectangle with the Star Wars lettering in a simple outline form like the original '77 style.

Brent

Mad Slanted Powers
05-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Found Red 4 and Hound's Tooth at Wal-Mart today.

Darth Duranium
06-08-2009, 05:15 PM
Picked up the US versions of the CW Y-Wing, a slightly cleaner V-19, and a slightly cleaner and less purple Virago (for repainting later) at a local comic store in Toronto this w/e.

I'm a little annoyed that the Y-wing is not scaled to the other Y-wings... it's smaller. It's cool though.

I'm waiting for the Red 4 X-Wing and Hound's Tooth to arrive... got them for $8.99 each on eBay last week. I'll skip the repacks.

Anybody seen the Hyena Bomber/Xanadu Blood wave yet?

RJarvis
06-19-2009, 12:57 AM
for those interested, i found these at my local TRU today...only picked up the ent-d...a bit disappointing especially compared to what's being produced overseas these days, but i got it anyway...will probably go back for the other three ships at some point...

will try to post comparison pics in the next couple of days

enjoy!

http://www.youbuynow.com/category/Star_Trek_Keychains

fyi...TRU had them priced at $4.99

Ross

Darth Duranium
06-20-2009, 07:14 AM
Thanks Ross... I just ordered a new Ent from eBay. Better than nothing...:D

Blue2th
06-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Those look like they might be ok. Think I'll take a look at my local TRU.
The Enterprise D keychain looks like it attaches from the bottom, while the rest including the new Enterprise looks like the chain is set in from the top.
Still "small ship size"

Like you say DT, it's better than nothing, which is what we have now.

BTW: I like your new Avatar with the Kelvin! Did you make that yourself with photoshop? :thumbsup:

Darth Duranium
06-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Still "small ship size"

Like you say DT, it's better than nothing, which is what we have now.

BTW: I like your new Avatar with the Kelvin! Did you make that yourself with photoshop? :thumbsup:

From the eBay closeups, it looks slightly larger than MM scale... perhaps about Romando-sized. They're saying 3 to 3.5" long, depending on the ship. I'll let you guys know when it gets here... I paid $5.99.

Say, is this the Trek ships section? lol

Thanks, Blue! Yep, I used p-shop to drop the Kelvin into a Blade Runner's eye... looks kinda interesting, if I say so myself. :) I did think about using the pics of Grace and Katie, though. Yum. Bear-Rug Boomer and Assless-Chaps Starbuck figures? Count me in.

BTW, I'm wondering if the new Titanium Gunship tool is gonna look like the upcoming 3-3/4" scale Crumb one in the pic from JediNews.co.uk (attached). It seems likely.... not necessarily crummy...

Whirlygig
06-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Picked up the US versions of the CW Y-Wing, a slightly cleaner V-19, and a slightly cleaner and less purple Virago (for repainting later) at a local comic store in Toronto this w/e.
When you say "slightly cleaner" V-19 and "less purple" Virago, I assume you are referring to slight production variations and not actual new variants? I just want to be sure that LTS 2009 WAVE 3 did not revise these (or the V-Wing, Virago, IG-2000, and Fel TIE) outside of packaging...

JediTricks
06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Hounds Tooth keeps showing up at my TRU.

Darth Duranium
06-22-2009, 08:45 PM
When you say "slightly cleaner" V-19 and "less purple" Virago, I assume you are referring to slight production variations and not actual new variants? I just want to be sure that LTS 2009 WAVE 3 did not revise these (or the V-Wing, Virago, IG-2000, and Fel TIE) outside of packaging...

Outside of packaging, they're all pretty much the same... though a few ppl (including me) have noticed the Torrents looks significantly cleaner.

jonthejedi
06-27-2009, 07:54 AM
Found Cad Bane's Xanadu Blood, Anakin's podracer & yellow OT Y-wing at SuperWalMart in Severn, MD.

jonthejedi
07-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Found Hyena Bomber today at same aforementioned WalMart below.

Nightside
07-20-2009, 08:57 AM
After much searching, I finally found the Hyena Bomber at TRU. I was amazed by the lack of plastic in the thing. Even the display stand socket is metal. Yet, even with all that metal, it still seems cheap for some reason.

Darth Duranium
07-20-2009, 04:11 PM
After much searching, I finally found the Hyena Bomber at TRU. I was amazed by the lack of plastic in the thing. Even the display stand socket is metal. Yet, even with all that metal, it still seems cheap for some reason.

Cuz it's the same size as Hot Wheels car... puny little runt. It should have been TS TIE Bomber-sized, IMO. Paint's not awe inspiring, either.

I actually like the Xanadu Blood P-38 repaint in person... it looked much cheesier and oversaturated in the preview shots.

Then there's the Davish Krail Y-Wing... how hideously exciting!;)