PDA

View Full Version : August Hauls

DarthQuack
08-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Pizza Hut breadsticks at Tarjay this morning.

Rocketboy
08-01-2006, 10:20 PM
V for Vendetta (Best Buy exclusive version)
Beavis and Butt-head Volume 3

Punisher and Blade Minimates

Blue2th
08-01-2006, 11:46 PM
V for Vendetta (Best Buy exclusive version)

I forgot to get that today. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Purchased Boba Fett with red Boba holo. Also a Scorch w/red holo. Saw three Scorches, only wanted one. Looks like some of these popular figures are showing up again with red holos.

DarthQuack
08-02-2006, 06:59 PM
Amazing Spider-Man 534
Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man Volume 5

trandoshan666
08-03-2006, 12:37 PM
501st Comic Con stormtrooper, SWS shadowtrooper.

Blue2th
08-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Found the Battlestar Galactica Ultra today. It's got purple camoflage like the Special Ops Clone Trooper and no Galactica name on the nacells. I'm pleased but underwhelmed.:squareeye

DarthQuack
08-03-2006, 08:05 PM
Spiderman
Spiderman 2
War of the Worlds 2005
Along Came Polly
A Few Good Men

All for 26 bucks at BestBuy, great week for some steals, the Spiderman's were only 3.99 a piece!!! AND they are the 2 disc editions.

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Ultra Titanium Slave 1 - 6 bucks
Boba Fett Tianium vintage finish - 6 bucks
Moff Jerjerrod for JJReason
Darth Tater - 2.75 for a Christmas present for my son.

Rocketboy
08-04-2006, 02:37 PM
DVD day for me:
Fast Times at Ridgemont High - $3.99
American Pie 2 Unrated - $3.99
Munich - $8.99
War of the Worlds - $6.99

UKWildcat
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Target:
AT-TE Tank Gunner
Shocktrooper

AmazingToyz Clearance Sale:
AVP: Birth of the Hybrid boxset
AVP: Alien Attacks Predator playset
AVP: Celtic Predator throws Alien
Napoleon Dynamite w/ vote for Pedro T (only one I was missing)
John McClane Cult Classics 3
Sin City Marv B&W version (for my brother)

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Hasbro 501st Stormtrooper - cute set, $15 seems a little overpriced, and some parts don't match colors of others (shiny torso, matte helmet), but not bad overall. One of the few pieces I haven't opened, makes a good display piece.

Blue2th
08-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I couldn't resist the Code 3 Vader's Advanced TIE on sale at Entertainment Earth for the unheard of 70% off at $99.00. This will be my first Code 3. I'm hoping it's cool.

figrin bran
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Titanium Blue A-Wing
Commander Cody
Lego Slave 1 for $40 at WM. i probably should've stashed it and maybe could've saved even more but it's kind of large to hide anywhere

Kidhuman
08-06-2006, 05:40 AM
Got my Lucas Stormie yesterday.

bobafrett
08-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Bought a Spudtrooper for what I thought was going to be a kids birthday party today, and ended up it was a party for kids that my friends bosses daughter babysat, so I gave the toy to my friend as I have 3 and he has none, techinically making this a non haul, but I did only pay $5 for it.

Reefer Shark
08-06-2006, 10:29 PM
I couldn't resist the Code 3 Vader's Advanced TIE on sale at Entertainment Earth for the unheard of 70% off at $99.00. This will be my first Code 3. I'm hoping it's cool.

Same here, and it's my first code3 as well. I'm sure it will be great!

bobafrett
08-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Got the Greatest heroes and Villians 501st trooper, and At-te tank gunner, as well as the Sandtrooper from the tattoine wave. I found them at a Target at 3 in the afternoon.

Kidhuman
08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Got 8 502st greatest hits along with Pad,e. Kit Fisto, AT-TE gunner and R4-G9

figrin bran
08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
ACME Archives Anakin Character Key

on the way from hasbrotoyshop: Death Star Gunner, Collector Cases

JediTricks
08-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Titanium Series 6" Battlestar Galactica Galactica - nicer than I was expecting and pretty solid. The mottled, slightly-purple paint job looks pretty good but is soft so it scratches off easily. The only major parts that are plastic are the slide-in/out viper bays, which are also warped by the darn clearband that they put on there for no reason. There's no "Galactica" painted on it though which is a little lame. Oh, and mine has to go back to Target, one of the screws holding it onto the stand jammed up and snapped the head off. Grade: B+

Transformers Cybertron Unicron (deluxe) - Wild and crazy, but I like this figure. I haven't done a full review yet, but the tank is cool if a bit floppy and the bot is nifty and it has a good transformation.

Kidhuman
08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
3" Tianium Starscream and Megatron.

Blue2th
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
Found the Endor AT-AT and Dagobah X-Wing at TRU ouch$$! Also found the Titanium Ultra Millenium Falcon. Saw all kinds of Shock Troopers and Special Opps Troopers, Utaupan Troopers. Didn't buy any of those. Got enough for a small army. I'm glad others can get them easily now.

DarthQuack
08-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Got a C3 Vader in the mail, my first ZoBid auction(free plug Steve :pleased: )

bobafrett
08-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Battle of Hoth Uleashed Battle Pack w/ Imperial Snowtroopers

(another) greatest hits 501st legion trooper

greatest hits Shock trooper

Titanium B-wing starfighter

Titanium TIE-Interceptor

Rebo's_Guitarist
08-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Blim blam blim, just found 3 Target Exclusive "Cobra" Clones on clearance for $3.98, ha cha cha.:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Got a 501st clone and 3" titanium Jazz.

figrin bran
08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Firespeeder Pilot
BSG Titanium Colonial One
Cars Stanley and Red
a few packs of topps football

UKWildcat
08-13-2006, 12:25 AM
George Lucas Stormie
SWS Shadow Stormtrooper

JediTricks
08-13-2006, 12:29 AM
Titanium Series 6" Ultra Snowspeeder - I finally caved. It's an ok set, very similar to the Action Fleet one which is both a good and bad thing since it apes the other's weaknesses, especially the big ugly landing foot and overly-integrated secondary airbrakes. Detail and paint is good, I like that there's more going on in the cockpit, and the removable panel is very cool. Still, the details inside the airbrakes aren't as exciting as on the AF version, the paint is still tacky in places so it's partly fragile, and it really feels overpriced; oh and its bio is identical to the AT-AT one. :D I can't entirely recommend it to everybody, but it has some appeal. Grade: B-

GI Joe Sigma Six "Sigma Strike" Duke - I was expecting a little better, it's a good packaged display, and for the most part a nifty execution of a gimmick, but it sucks having yet another Duke figure, the Switchfire pistol holster isn't a standard S6 plug, and it falls a bit short in some QC areas like paint quality and the visor often comes off the helmet and most importantly in joint strength - he can barely stand or hold the gun up in some poses, and the swap-out weapon comes apart sometimes. The electronics are fun but the jetpack is very large because of the batteries inside, and why a green LED instead of blue? The sounds and lights are for the most part pretty entertaining, and I like how the attachments look on the weapon even if he can barely hold it. The insert for the foot locker BARELY fits when closed. I'm leaning towards grading it: B-.

Mattel DC Superheroes S3 Batman - A new sculpt from what I can tell, and one that's not entirely welcome, they decided to go with a "realistic" idea of Bats and it comes off looking a little too old and constipated, and the larger utility belt is so inflexible it interferes with his leg movement. The "realism" extends to his costume, it mostly works in that regard though but makes the boots seem a little too plain. His cape is sculpted narrower as it's slightly bunched together, I like this look sometimes but others it doesn't quite do it for me. Bats' build is pretty big, but only his thunder-thighs are really over the top. The figure has ok base paint, standard gray and blue Bats, then they gave him a crazy black paint wash everywhere that's not even from section to section, I don't hate it and he'd look really plain without it, but it should have been better. Articulation is good for the most part, they're really starting to get to a level that I can love, it's everything the DSCH Superman fig from the last wave had plus a mid-thigh cut-joint; however the neck articulation is a little limited because the lower joint is part of the rubbery neck, the upper ball joint does ok but between the lower joint and the sculpting he looks like he's bending his head to the left all the time. The new hinged torso works pretty well for bats (similar to DCSH Supes), can't do side-tilting but it has way more range in what it can do. The figure comes with a bunch of batarangs, all different and various styles, that's the good news; the bad news is his hands are permanent fists and while the left one is cut and posed to accomodate the batarangs, it's only theoretical for most of them as it's not deep or wide enough. All in all, this figure is ok but should be better, not quite able to happily recommend. Grade: B- (I'm seeing a trend this week ;)).

DarthQuack
08-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Picked up an Imperial Throne Room Battle Pack today at K-Mart.

Blue2th
08-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Found the Titanium BSG Colonial Raptor and Colonial One (didn't see the Mk7 Viper Dammit!) Also found the B-Wing and Interceptor. I stumbled on to almost all of the Unleashed Hoth packs except for Han w/Tautaun. I hesitated, then bought them. There sure are alot for just one scene, so I thought it would make a cool loose display. If Hasbro is going to continue the small Unleashed line this is a good way to do it.

Ji'dai
08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I saw the Unleashed Hoth figure packs today too ('cept Han & Chewie) but didn't get them. I noticed that the packaging has a much slimmer profile (smaller bubble) than the previous releases, which is good.

Hauls since my last:

Zizzle POTC Black Pearl playset
Hasbro TSC Ewok Diety 3PO with painted knees
Hasbro TSC Sandtrooper x2
LEGO Exo-Force Stealth Hunter
DST Primeval Buffy
Kelloggs Rice Krispies & Corn Pops with POTC promo boxes + free pirate skull strobe light backpack danglers :Pirate:

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Titanium Series hauls...

Battlestar Galactica Colonial Raptor - weird brown color and overspray take getting used to, shape is accurate I guess but seems kinda fat and short. I don't remember the landing feet being permanently deployed, that always sucks. The opening cockpit is nothing to write home about, and the use of nigh-opaque black plastic for the windows sucks. The side door is what should have opened. It's ok, not great, grade: C+

BSG Colonial One - I like some of the sculpt but the front end isn't defined enough and the paint is attrocious around the front and the windows, very sloppy. No moving parts. The thruster ring is very cool, I'd say it's the set's saving grace. All in all, pretty dull ship and lacking in the quality needed to make it a good purchase. Grade: C

BSG Colonial Viper mk VII - the real Mark VII, Hasbro misprinted the previous Viper as that when it's really a Mark II. Surprisingly, this Mark VII set while not having any moving parts, is a lot better than I expected and really quite exciting, the sculpt is pretty decent and the paint has a black wash and then silver wear patterns on the top, it looks slick - the underside only has the wash though. Canopy is completely opaque rough black plastic. No landing legs and no opening cockpit, either would have been good, but I'm still digging this more than I expected to. Grade: A-

Star Wars TIE Interceptor - This is a very nice rendition of the TIE Interceptor, the wings seem long and could use a touch more detail around the weapons greebling, but they look good overall. The body is new and looks pretty nice with a little more pylon width than the TIE Fighter, they left the paint off the "chin guns" which is correct but they painted red 4 dots on the top instead of the ion thrusters in the back; the cockpit doesn't open like any of its TIE cousins, and like the Titanium Vader's TIE the window is nigh-opaque black plastic. It has great swooshability, be careful of your eyes ;). Like most before it, this version has a small extra bit added to the back of the wings to keep it from being rested straight upright thus impaling anybody who would fall on it, here it's small triangles. It's solid work and likeable despite a few minor issues. Grade: B+

Sadly, I missed the B-wing, wave 10 having 5 new vehicles plus the wave 9 releases is a lot of product to track down.

Kidhuman
08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
When is Leia on speeder coming out?

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Same wave as the one out now, wave 10, but in revision case 3 and 4, suggesting there was a delay with that set. Probably next month, EE is expecting rev 3 in October but these things always seem to come out before their expected date.

Blue2th
08-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Ya know I might have even seen Leia on Speeder, and thought it was Luke. Or didn't even think to check. I will now.

JetsAndHeels
08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Benchwarmers dvd
The Program DVD *
Bruce Lee masters of Kung Fu dvd set *

* both were purchased in the wonderful 2 for $11 bin at wallyworld

LTBasker
08-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Put some goodies in layaway-

2x DC Superheroes Batman Series 3
1x DC Superheroes Azrael
1x DC Superheroes Mr. Freeze
2x Marvel Legends Green Goblin
2x Death Star Gunners with Darth Vader holograms
4x Other SW figures I don't really remember.

LTBasker
08-18-2006, 06:07 PM
This is stuff I wasn't able to afford putting in layaway 2 days ago:

2x ML Pyro
2x ML Lady Deathstrike
2x Captain America vs. Red Skull
1x Captain America vs. Baron Whoever
2x DareDevil (masked) vs. Kingpin

Actually bought something though, a Hotwheels Superman vs. Lex Luthor 2-pack. Really it surprises me they decided to give Superman a car, but it's supercool so it fits. :D

Just realized I forgot the silver Titanium Sandtrooper and Bossk I found, crap, crap, crap, crap.

Oh, also got a 501st Clone on Saga2 card for Dar.

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Just got a vintage dewback on Ebay for 10 bucks, also got a 3PO endor today.

figrin bran
08-18-2006, 06:51 PM
Titanium Executor
Beast Wars Megatron (large version, not titanium)
lotr aome marching to mordor set for 4.48
Mcfarlane Hanna Barbera Quick Draw McGraw as El Kabong

Slicker
08-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Ummm...I hauled my white arse from Michigan to Virginia.

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Titanium War Within Optimus Prime
Titanium Ark
Titanium Jazz
Titanium Sideswipe
Titanium Beast Wars Megatron
Titanium Starscream
Titanium Unicron
Titanium Optimus Primal

They looked cool, and I figured I'd not be able to pass on the upcoming Prime, Bumblebee, and especially Grimlock. They'll need some company, so I may as well collect all the "canon" Transformers, passing on the "Expanded Universe" ones. (I'll consider Beast Wars to be "Shadows of the Empire semi-Expanded Universe" as long as they don't make too many. :D)

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Chux, can you secure me a unicron 3" one please. HAvent seen him here

El Chuxter
08-18-2006, 08:03 PM
Seriously? I saw a couple today. I'll see if they're still there on Monday (I've told you I live in the boonies, and find most of my toys near my workplace). MOMC, if possible, I assume?

Edit: Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. There's no way this thing can be 3" tall. I don't think. It's the smaller-scale one that's on the same type of card as the SW vehicles and sells for about $5.

Kidhuman
08-18-2006, 08:05 PM
YEs the 5 dollar jammie one will be fine. You know the PM addy if and when you do find it. Thanks big guy

bobafrett
08-19-2006, 11:30 AM
I got a CIII Vader today from a friend of mine. It has the clamshell to protect it. I was glad to get it as I was unable to make it to CIII.

Blue2th
08-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Found Titanium IG-88, and one BSG Viper MK-7 today (no Titanium Special Opps though, Doh!) And an Ultimate Soldier 1/18 WWII German Stuka Dive Bomber. I won an AOTC Tyranus with Speeder yesterday on eBay for $6.00 plus $6.50 shipping. I was missing that one so I had to bid.

Kidhuman
08-19-2006, 01:07 PM
I got a vintage Dewback on Ebay for 14.50 with shipping last night

JediTricks
08-20-2006, 03:57 AM
Actually bought something though, a Hotwheels Superman vs. Lex Luthor 2-pack. Really it surprises me they decided to give Superman a car, but it's supercool so it fits. :DThe car is actually a regular Hot Wheels from 2003 named "Wild Thing", it has an opening hood and detailed engine, I have a couple of the original and 1 of the repaint - the hood on my first one didn't open so I went and replaced it, figured out that it just needed a little extra force (it took out a tiny glob of paint that was in the way, it also lifted it up into the correct position), and now I have 3 that all work. :p

Edit: Let's make sure we're talking about the same thing. There's no way this thing can be 3" tall. I don't think. It's the smaller-scale one that's on the same type of card as the SW vehicles and sells for about $5.The line is referred to as 3" because it's a baseline size for the packaging, the Titanium Series $5 vehicles and figures are all "around" 3 inches in Hasbro's eyes even though they're generally more like 2 inches.

So, over the past 48 hours, I've had a few Target and WM adventures scouring the greater Los Angeles area for the Titanium Series 6" Millennium Falcon, and in my travels I came across...

Titanium Series Transformers 6" War Within Optimus Prime - Dom Guglieme sent me this in a trade, he got Prime for $5 when Target goofed the price so traded me for a $5 item since he didn't like these. I like the sculpting and metal a lot, the joints aren't strong enough or well-thought-out enough to really make it good though and the paint comes off the metal too easily; it's also a little smaller than I expected but really it's the right size for the pricepoint if you factor in the metal. Still, I like it in both modes personally accepting he's got problems. I'd probably (slightly) recommend him as a "frustration you'll like to look at". Holding back final grade for a more thorough review.

Titanium TF 6" Megatron - (reportedly the GI Joe meets TF version, but I'm not so sure) the other part of my trade with Dom, seeing a pattern? Not as good as Prime, the design isn't as thought-out as Prime leading me to question marks for the shoulders, arms, hips, and feet - I'm especially puzzled by the crappy choices made for the arms, not just their crazy nigh-worthless shoulder joints but the way they look in general and how they form and why the wrists are liars (just like some of the SW:TFs) and why their rude behavior made it impossible for the tank turret to turn. I do like some stuff about it though, the head is ok and the colors are neat for the most part. I'd have more to review but I can't assemble the figure properly or transform him at all because Hasbro QC put on 2 left shoulder plates instead of a right one. I can tell you though that he sucks bad to stand up because of the careless rounded feet with their useless toes. No grade yet, but likely not recommended.

Corgi die-cast Batman 1:43rd 1950's Two-Face's Car - I had totally given up hope that I'd ever see the 2006s from this line, then just 1 of 'em appears at WM. This is the same quality of work that goes into most of this line: good. There are no action feature this time, instead the gimmick is the opening hood revealing the engine, and really the gimmick is this sucker's deco: one side of the car is 2-tone green while the other half is this rough purple - I mean it's literally rough, there's a raised texture throughout and it's so unique (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12727&d=1131308552) - plus there's a big version of Two-Face's marked coin in the top of the engine which sticks through the majority of the hood. The 2-sided paint job is everwhere which is a nifty touch, even in the cab and engine bay, and the silver hubcaps on each side are different with one smooth and the other rougher and darker. The underside has Two-Face sculpted in relief, and they put the vehicle name as two-tone car which is weird. Another nifty entry in the line, not quite enough features going on for some but I like it. Grade: B+

Titanium Series 6" Ultra Slave I - on clearance at WM Duarte for $10. Retooled from Action Fleet version, and they installed a permanent Boba Fett in the cockpit - paint is too bright and he's too big, but oh well. They took out the carbonite block and its bay unfortunately, but now the guns move freely. The paint is good, they added more detail, but I was greedily expecting a little better. The details have lost their luster over the past 10 years, the design just isn't quite as sharp as it should be except on the underside. The guns and wings turn, and the cockpit opens. At $20, this would be a bummer, at $10 it was ok but lacking in new details or old features. Grade: C

Titanium Series 6" Ultra Vader's TIE Advanced x1 - also on clearance at WM Duarte for $10 even though it's the newest one! Retooled from the Action Fleet smaller version (Galoob did 2, the original was larger and more out of scale), I was glad to see how much metal was used, the wings could have been a cop-out as plastic but work well as metal. The body looks good but could be sharper in places, most notably the fronts of the pylons. The canopy opens to reveal a well-detailed non-removable Darth Vader piloting his craft, he's sitting a little high up but is otherwise very keen. There's a new feature in that the underside of the main pod is removable to reveal a few inner workings, it's not as cool as the Snowspeeder but it's not shabby either. At $20 this would be a bit tough to swallow, it's good but not quite that good so only for those dedicated. Still, Grade: B

Today...

Titanium Series 3" B-wing - the only new Titanium at that WM, I couldn't believe the luck. It's a nice piece, they did a good job with the paint and sculpt, the only real complaint I have is that the hinge for the wings has to be set a little too far off the body. Still, they did it justice, the wings pivot and the cockpit rotates and it has the right proportions. Grade: A

Star Wars The Saga Collection Moff Jerjerrod - WM Panorama City had all the TSC figs on clearance for $3.50, I wouldn't buy him at full price but this was more like it. The angry facial sculpt that doesn't look like the character really does this one in, and the wide-stance legs with no knee articulation is another downer. The diagonal cut joints for elbows work alright, I hate them generally but these aren't the worst. He's an ok generic Imp Officer marred by some poor design choices, but at least I can say I have him and that he came with the smaller Stormtrooper blaster that I like. Grade: C-

TSC R2-D2 (Hoth) - $3.50 for an extra VOTC-based R2-D2? Sure!

Transformers Cybertron Yellow Scrapmetal - WM had the shelf tag as $5.98 rather than their scanned $6.94, so I figured why not. Yellow is the weakest entry in the Scrapmetals from what I can tell, the color highlights a few flaws in the design and in some lights makes him look like a bee (though sometimes he doesn't look as bad), he's still a nifty mold but the yellow is only so-so and the actual yellow paint (there are 2 different shades) is horribly applied. Same successes and issues as the first version of the mold. Get this if you want variety but otherwise go with Red who is still on shelves. Grade: B-- (yes, double-minus)

TF:CY Brakedown GTS - I kinda knew I wasn't going to really dig this colorscheme ahead of time, but I like the mold and wanted to support it, plus at $6 it was worth giving a chance. The overall colorscheme is a little better than I expected if unbalanced top to bottom in bot mode, but they used opaque black plastic for the stuff that used to be translucent which is a travesty and they should have painted his head differently. The mold feels a little tighter in some of the articulation, which is good, but the lower shoulder articulation still needs a tighter stop. I definitely would suggest the first paint scheme over this, but I do like the mold, so Grade: B-

Talking Family Guy Quagmire Pen - found this at Target in the toy area, seems like a bad choice for location since each one (Brian, Peter, Stewie, and Glen here) has 6 phrases straight from the show some of which are a bit adult. Quagmire was the best, the others had too many "why include that???" lines but Quagmire... "Dear Diary, jackpot!" Batteries are non-replaceable which sucks, hopefully the last a long time. It felt a little pricey at $4.24 and I haven't even written with it yet, but on the sounds alone, Grade: A-

Titanium Series 6" Battlestar Galactica Galactica - finally got me a replacement for the busted one I have. My comments remain otherwise unchanged from that except the Galactica logo on top of this one is off-center, like I'm going to find yet ANOTHER replacement though!

Titanium Series 6" Millennium Falcon - YEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!! Dang, I thought I'd *never* find this sucker, I always see 2 Vader's TIEs taunting me saying "you know it was here, it shipped all comfy with the two of us, but someone got it just before you arrived... mwa ha ha ha ha!!!" But now it is finally mine! The work is very good, I get the feeling it's based on the nicer prototype for the Action Fleet version, this TS has a lot of little differences though. The paint is decent, gives a good idea of weathering and covers a lot of ground - even the quad-cannon blaster tips - some could be a little neater or more even, but this is the best paint yet even with its issues. The landing feet are slightly different from the AF but work essentially the same; the radar dish is rubbery and slightly noticably larger than the AF version, I'm not sure if that's correct though but it's ok; there's now a lift-off panel behind the radar dish showing the main hold where the holochess table is, the work here is good in sculpt and paint but could have done a lot more too, and the panel is close to the colors of the ship but a little lighter (good thing the Falcon's colors are always missmatched); the cockpit lifts off to reveal Han, Chewie, Ben, and Luke which are very nifty but the cockpit around them is almost non-existant; finally, my favorite feature, the boarding ramp actually pulls down!!! There's a lot of metal here, they didn't cheap out and I'm glad. I would recommend this to anybody who loves the Falcon, if you can't afford the Code 3 version then this is probably your best bet. Grade: A-

JetsAndHeels
08-20-2006, 09:32 PM
TMNT Fast Forward Leo Figure
2006 Upper Deck NFL Rookie Premiere card set
About 20 packs of 2006 Topps Football (got some good rookies)
10 piece chicken mcnugget value meal at mickey d's

UKWildcat
08-20-2006, 09:39 PM
I hauled the Rome season one dvd out of the mailbox a few days ago.
And a new shift boot for my car.

Rogue II
08-20-2006, 10:05 PM
-New battery for my truck :rolleyes:
-A box of Rebel Storm SW Miniatures (Got Princess Leia)
--also traded in some Prequel Miniatures from Universe and scored several common/uncommon Rebel Storm miniatures.
-VSTC Greedo, Tusken Raider, and Han Solo ($5 each)
-7 packs of SW Evolutions cards

and most importantly...
-High Speed internet is getting hooked up on Friday. Yipee!

figrin bran
08-20-2006, 11:29 PM
TMNT Fast Forward Leo Figure
2006 Upper Deck NFL Rookie Premiere card set
About 20 packs of 2006 Topps Football (got some good rookies)
10 piece chicken mcnugget value meal at mickey d's

J&H, did you get any Maurice Drew topps rookies? i have a Marcedes Lewis topps so i don't need that one but Drew i need. i still have the D'Brick Topps DPP rookie for ya.

Disney Pixar Cars Doc Hudson, Filmore, Green Ramone
2 Big Macs for $3, XL soft drink for .58.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Picked up the Autobot Ark 3" Titanium. I know I said I wouldnt get it, but I bought it anyways.

JetsAndHeels
08-21-2006, 09:41 AM
J&H, did you get any Maurice Drew topps rookies? i have a Marcedes Lewis topps so i don't need that one but Drew i need. i still have the D'Brick Topps DPP rookie for ya.

Yeah I think I got one of him. I will hold onto it for you.

DarthQuack
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
2 Bags of Cool Ranch Doritos
1 Cube of Pepsi.

figrin bran
08-21-2006, 02:59 PM
thanks J&H!

Tact Ops Trooper
Utapau clone
Scorch
Titanium 3" Bumblebee and Optimus Prime
Marcedes Lewis autograph card that i won on ebay

and because i know plasticfetish likes reading about this, Double Double from In-n-out.

Kidhuman
08-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Titaniums:

B-Wing
Raptor
Colonial 1

JediTricks
08-22-2006, 02:43 PM
TSC Death Star Gunner - after mine got lost in the mail, I felt my chances of finding this one anytime soon were poor as so many folks are army-building this sucker (who is only 1 per case in every case except wave 6 which has already been replaced by revisions 1-4), so I caved and bought it from a comic shop for nearly double (no way in hell I'm paying that for Chief Chirpa though). This is a pretty decent figure, nice paint work, good off-black main color, nifty helmet, good articulation - I'm not a huge fan of diagonal cut-joint elbows but this is a decent use of 'em. The extra chest piece doesn't look that good on him but luckily I can't even remember the chest armor on the gunner in the trilogy so I don't care. I don't even mind the head underneath being another clone head, he looks generic enough to NOT be a clone in my mind, though he does have the red irises of many other clone figures which I think is dumb. Very nice, worth getting. Grade: A

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2006, 02:46 PM
And now, for the greatest haul in the history of hauls. In fact its the greatest haul in the history of the world. Its the one, the only:

MADDEN 2007.

I played this game so much when I finally went to sleep I had a dream that Shaun Alexander and I were watching Nip/Tuck and eating steak fajitas. Go figure.

figrin bran
08-22-2006, 03:03 PM
i was tempted to get Madden 07 at WM but i'm going to wait a few months for the price drop

Painted Knees C3P0
JLU animated 3 packs - Zatanna/Shining Knight/Batman, Katma Tui/Kyle Raynor, Arkis Chummuck
Titanium B-wing, Interceptor, Raptor, Viper
Serenity dvd for $10
some topps football packs

JetsAndHeels
08-22-2006, 03:08 PM
some topps football packs

Anything good?

BTW, I played madden as the packers and there was nothing said out of the ordinary. Just add "Brett Favre" to the regular lines he says about qbs.

figrin bran
08-23-2006, 12:58 AM
Anything good?

BTW, I played madden as the packers and there was nothing said out of the ordinary. Just add "Brett Favre" to the regular lines he says about qbs.

nothing good from today's packs but i've been picking them up every time i go to target and i have pulled most of the rookies from this year, except d'brick. i think i might have 1 or 2 Kellen Clemens if you're interested.

JetsAndHeels
08-23-2006, 09:03 AM
nothing good from today's packs but i've been picking them up every time i go to target and i have pulled most of the rookies from this year, except d'brick. i think i might have 1 or 2 Kellen Clemens if you're interested.

I haven't gotten a dbrick either. Thanks for the Clemens, but I have already pulled like 10 of him (seriously).
Yesterday I got 4 packs at WalMart and got a Devin Hester autograph..hopefully he will be good.

Kidhuman
08-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Mark VII Viper Titanium
Tie Interceptor Titanium
Executor Titanium to open....

JediTricks
08-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Sideshow 12" Han Solo (Empire Strikes Back) - I'm still a little conflicted about this one. The likeness does capture Han better than any other US 12" figure, but it's still off and kinda fat in the lower face (not as bad as the proto, but still noticable like he's getting over the mumps) - I hate when they put a picture of the actor on the box next to their dubious sculpting job - I would buy this sculpt more as Han from ROTJ, after he put on a little more weight and age, and his eyes sunk in a little (the ESB eyes aren't as deeply set as this); this is a sculpt that looks better in profile and from odd angles, I wish it looked better from the front though. Also, the paint for the eyebrows and hair is not to my liking, the hair is too dark while the eyebrows are too thick and unsubtle; at least his lip paint isn't like Anakin's.

Another issue, the head seems too big while the body seems too small, not as bad as Hasbro's tapered designs but still it feels like it's a problem. The arms are too long on the body, they go down halfway to his knees, it's only noticable in relaxed poses but it is noticable. The joints on mine aren't as loose as Anakin, that's good. He doesn't come with extra hands, so hope you like the open left hand and gun-grip right. :ermm: I'm really not digging how thin his arms are, it looks weird, and it doesn't help that the jacket is very tight on them. And the body still has those ridiculously small, wimpy wrist pegs - SSC needs to redesign this element STAT!

The jacket is another issue, it's blue instead of black - this may be accurate to the actual costume, but only because a lot of filmmakers use dark purple or blue to convey black in the camera because true black's details get too easily lost (the '89 and '05 Batmobiles are like this, for example). Also, the jacket is a bit too short, and they did a cheap job with the pockets. Finally, the gunbelt is nice but seems a tiny bit too tight,and the strap that holds the gun in place pegs onto a peg that's hard to work with because it's loose.

All that said, there is plenty to like about this figure, it looks good holding the gun and he can even hold it 2-handed (probably why his left hand is so open), the gun is amazing quality, the gunbelt is nifty piece of work with the handful of little dealies it really has and the holster and the cool buckle designs, the droid caller while plain fits onto the belt nicely thanks to the belt's clip being rubbery, the double-breasted tunic has a wire in the top portion so it can be folded over, and the breather mask looks good (the figure actually looks better with the mask on as it's covering up the mumps-mouth) and has a clip on the canister part to hold it on the jacket.

Still, not totally sure how I feel, no certain grade at this point.

Jayspawn
08-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Lets see here. August brings in for me.....

- Boba Fett Bust from Legends in 3-Dimention
- Sideshow's 12" Bespin Han Solo
- Topps Evolution Biggs Darklighter and Kit Fisto Auto cards
- Gentle Giant's Qui-Gon Jinn Minibust
- Art Asylum's Star Trek Nemesis Worf figure

Not a bad month at all!

Kidhuman
08-24-2006, 05:26 PM
JT, when did this become the review section? :p

bobafrett
08-24-2006, 09:08 PM
I picked up the tattoine wave of figures off of lay away today with the following:
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Hem Dazon
Garindan
Darth Vader
Sandtroopers X 2
R5-D4 X 2
Momaw Nadon

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 01:23 AM
JT, when did this become the review section? :pAround the same time you got banned!

:D

DarthQuack
08-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Madden 2007 for GC.

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Around the same time you got banned!

:D

IGNORE ME then

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Did someone just hear the Grand Galactic Inquisitor?

figrin bran
08-25-2006, 04:11 PM
i picked up the 6" titanium megatron today. again, i came across finger print smudge battle damage but since there were 2 megatrons on the shelf, i bought the fingerprintless version.

whoever is responsible for these finger print smudges, we're going to find you!

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Grabbed a Lego A-wing for 6 bucks on clearance and and a GB Shocktrooper.

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Care to share where? ("...you found a LEGO A-wing that cheap" but it didn't rhyme ;))

Kidhuman
08-25-2006, 04:40 PM
It was at Wal-Mart.

LTBasker
08-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Found:

Titanium Blue A-Wing x2
Titanium TIE Interceptor x2
Titanium B-Wing x2
Titanium Super Star Destroyer x2
Throne 3PO with silver and gold knees with Luke hologram x2

bobafrett
08-26-2006, 07:02 AM
Care to share where? ("...you found a LEGO A-wing that cheap" but it didn't rhyme ;))

It was at Wal-Mart.

I wouldn't run out to see this at your local Wal-Mart JT, as we at WM do our own price reductions, unlike target which tends to be more across the boards. At least thats what I have found. As of yesterday we still had the A-Wing at full price at my Wally World.

Ji'dai
08-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Is there such a thing as an unHaul? Well, I unhauled my 3PO with unpainted knees back upon the retailer from whence it came...

In the last week or so:

Simpsons Season 8 DVD x2

LEGO "pullback" Racers x5 for $3 each (WM)
LEGO SW V-Wing x2 for $5 each (WM)

Lighted animatronic 41" Toucan at the local home-improvement store on clearance for $15. The bird's head moves from side to side as the body rises up and down, plus the beak opens and closes. Originally $45.

UKWildcat
08-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Groovy Toucan Ji'dai. :cool:

I haven't hauled much of anything lately but I did get the House M.D. Season 2 DVD.

bobafrett
08-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Got the 4 DVD's that I won from the Loop radio station today in the mail. They are as follows:

Scary Movie 4 unrated
The Libertine (blah)
Dark Water
Deep Purple Live at Montreux

I hauled those in for free!

Rocketboy
08-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Even if they all suck, you still can't beat the price!

Slicker
08-26-2006, 10:04 PM
Lighted animatronic 41" Toucan at the local home-improvement store on clearance for $15. The bird's head moves from side to side as the body rises up and down, plus the beak opens and closes. Originally $45.Awesome. I don't understand why every home doesn't have one.

JediTricks
08-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Had an early birthday haul...

LEGO B-wing - decent set, good build marred only by a "same as last time" cockpit, but fun and far superior to original.

LEGO Boba's Slave I - looks groovy, but I had enough trouble assembling the B-wing what with a prior finger injury, so I have to wait a few days to slap it together, maybe by then I'll have found a place to put it :p.

LEGO Jabba's Sail Barge - ditto.

21-LED Flashlight - very nifty, small but quite powerful, only needs 3 AAAs on which they say it'll last 20 hours. Claims to be water-resistant and otherwise tough, dunno if I'll ever find out but feels very solid and nicely-made.

The Venture Bros. season 1 DVD - great set, fantastic box art, some of the commentaries go a bit off-course, but generally some interesting inside info and the audio/visual presentation is solid. Extras are decent, but I hunger for more!

Uniden Cordless Phone - not sure, haven't used yet.

I wouldn't run out to see this at your local Wal-Mart JT, as we at WM do our own price reductions, unlike target which tends to be more across the boards. At least thats what I have found. As of yesterday we still had the A-Wing at full price at my Wally World.Thanks, yeah, WM is a pain about that with "clearance budgets" and whatnot. Not that Target is THAT reliable here either though, their clearance prices vary wildly but generally when something is on clearance at 1 store it's on clearance at another even when the price is different.

Plus, WM is so far from me I'd burn up $6 in gas trying to save $9. :p

figrin bran
08-27-2006, 07:45 PM
target exclusive unleashed boba fett. i already have the original release but bought this as an opener. ease of opening package: A all i had to do was slice the tape on the top and bottom and undo only two twistie ties.

diamond select "chosen" buffy figure

El Chuxter
08-27-2006, 08:48 PM
Deadwood Season 2 (actually an early purchase for the wife's birthday)

Oh, and an adorable baby daughter. :)

Kidhuman
08-27-2006, 08:51 PM
What store did you get the latter in?

El Chuxter
08-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Haven't gotten one of those yet, but I've got to change a lightbulb about 15 feet up, so I'll probably go by Lowe's sometime soon and get one. :p

JediTricks
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Puns are banned!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Broke down and got an At-At yesterday at Toys 'R' Us.

I was kind of in a dilemma. I didn't have the money to buy it, and I don't get paid until 2 weeks after the school year starts, yet, being only 2 left on the shelf, and the fact that it is an exclusive, I put it on my plastic and hope the bill arrives after my check.

pbarnard
08-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Got a couple R5s and 1 Sandtrooper form Target.

Also got 3 Booster Packs of the Champions of the Force (all 3 cover variants). Hauled a Gundark, couple Crab Droids, Darth Sidious, Darth Malek, and a Qui-gonn Jiin. Interesting got all 4 Republic Commandos too. Talk about random chance.

bobafrett
08-31-2006, 12:41 PM
I have been made a happy man today, Deox sent me a SDCC exclusive 501st Stormtrooper! I'm loving it, and the sender! :love:

bobafrett
08-31-2006, 10:38 PM
I like myself so much with my new figure I thought I would put a picture in with my hair washed and wearing sunglasses! Technically it is the same figure, but I want to haul myself off I look so good! LOL! :yes:

UKWildcat
08-31-2006, 11:36 PM
Lookin' good frett! :lipsrsealed: lol

Hey Deox, I still haven't received my 501st trooper yet. Let me know if you misplaced my address and I'll get it to you asap. :whip: ;)

Banthaholic
08-31-2006, 11:42 PM
Bought an oil change for my car @ Wal-mart, and while I waited found the newly painted C-3P0 Endor