PDA

View Full Version : Luke's hand

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Did he ever get it repaired after it was shot on the sail barge, or did he just walk around with the glove on forever?

DarthQuack
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Hmmmm, All I can remember is seeing it damaged on his flight to Dagobah I believe, but after that I can't remember seeing it again.

El Chuxter
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Actually, he removes the hand and has a friend, Lanny Starkiller, accompany him around to play the role of his right hand. If you look really closely on the Death Star scenes, you can see Lanny running behind Luke, with his arm stuck in Luke's right sleeve.

TheDarthVader
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
I have never been able to figure out what I was seeing when Luke is on his way to Dagobah, and he is sliding that black glove over his hand. Are we seeing the hole through his hand from that blaster shot on the sail barge? What the heck am I looking at in that scene?

Jargo
08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
the blaster damages the dermolayer covering the mechanisms. if you look at the hand as Luke covers it up you can see one or two of the little pieces appear broken or bent. However the glove is a tight fit and i suppose would just about hold the pieces in place until he can get it fixed. which i would imagine would have been right after the rebel fleet regrouped and the Endor party ended.

Kidhuman
08-02-2006, 02:07 PM
HE might have gotten it repaired when he met back up with the rebels before they departed from Endor.

Droid
08-02-2006, 02:38 PM
The book Truce at Bakura may say. I remember Luke getting some sort of medical treatment from the Emperor's lightning in that book.

Banthaholic
08-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Maybe he got a hand from Hand Solo which awaiting flight to Endor. I hear he's handy to have in a jam.

JediTricks
08-02-2006, 04:32 PM
If Luke had it repaired, why would he still be wearing that black glove at the end of ROTJ? If you're asking about the EU though, no clue.

Jargo
08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
he's surprisingly dextrous considering his hand mechanisms looked pretty messed up and broken. he had time to have it seen to when he rejoined the rebel fleet after the briefing. not long but enough to have it looked at. I mean there was a medical frigate in the fleet after all.

Qui-Long Gone
08-05-2006, 04:57 PM
If Luke had it repaired, why would he still be wearing that black glove at the end of ROTJ? If you're asking about the EU though, no clue.

Didn't you remember that one-gloved hands were sheek in the 80's? Even though SW is technically a 'long time ago.'

Thriller, by the way, was also released in '83....

Jargo
08-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I remember the night the thriller video aired on national UK TV. we all stayed up late to see the masterpiece deemed too scary to show before the watershed. and were sadly disappointed. somehow dancing zombies take the fear out of it. and michael jackson was no more weird looking in the make up than he is now.....

I can see a desire for pajamas Luke for those who want to recreate Echo base med bay faithfully and for those who want to have a bookend for their ESB displays. Personally though i think they'd be boring figures.

Smuggler Lando I would like. I've never liked hs other outfits and the smuggler look was pretty cool. Always thought selling figures in pairs was a good idea, lik R2 and 3PO, Luke and Leia, Han and Chewie. Smuggler Lando and Chewie. Vader and Palpatine, Han and Greedo, Padme and Anakin, Owen and Beru Lars, Obi-Wan and Yoda, Imperial officer and Stormtrooper and so on. Logical no brainer duos.

If I was going to do R2 and Threepio it'd be medal ceremony shiney.

I'd have no problem with hasbro doing pajamas Luke and hybrid Leia as a 2-pack. I just don't think it's something they're espcially keen on or we'd have seen the figures by now as they seek to find new ways to capitalise on core characters.

I definitely like the idea of 2-packs though. using older sculpts of core characters and maybe some new sculpts on the second figure, or two old characters repacked and then all new 2-packs. balancing the new and the old.

DarkArtist
09-04-2006, 04:09 PM
Actually, EU here, Luke gets the entire replaced in Dark Empire. I am not sure if it is Leia or Threepio that he is talking to at the time, I think it's Leia, he says, "Yes I am getting a new hand, a stronger hand."

2-1B
09-04-2006, 04:15 PM
2-1B was in the Rebel Briefing room while they prepped for the attack in ROTJ. I'm surprised The Deuce didn't give Luke a hand job when he returned from Dagobah, could've fixed him up right there.

Rocketboy
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
2-1B was in the Rebel Briefing room while they prepped for the attack in ROTJ. I'm surprised The Deuce didn't give Luke a hand job when he returned from Dagobah, could've fixed him up right there.:shocked: Sounds painful.

stillakid
09-04-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but when he was testing it, he went blind. :dead:

seanmcfripp
09-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Come on, we all know he got warts too.

stillakid
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
Come on, we all know he got warts too.

Doesn't matter. Once you've gone bionic, you'll never go back.