PDA

View Full Version : what's up with obi won kenobi?

maatu
08-03-2006, 06:45 PM
actually i am not complaining for once. i wonder if there still having problems with getting the robe right in color. we here can pick the right material .But then getting the company who produces it ,is another story.
i think this piece is going to rock. i am just waiting. very anxious . i am just happy and wondering. very impressed by everything sideshow does. we have all seen this company come along way.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Great job sideshow keep it up...

Luuuuuuke
08-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I have Anakin Sith Apprentice and ordered Darth Maul Inclusive and Obi Wan(regular), but accidently canceled Obi Wan. Then I got on the waitlist in early June. Now I pre-ordered him from another site in case my Sideshow order doesn't go through. Just for insurance cause this is the one I really, really want.

But I've wondered about that too. They still have him as being released in August. It's still early in the month though. As a waitlist order, I'm not sure I'd find out at the same time the rest of you would.

Tycho
08-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Han and Obi-Wan look like they might ship right on top of one-another. It could be an expensive month as I ordered 2 Obi-Wans in addition to Han.

Then I've got nothing coming until Jabba.

Sith Lord 0498
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Han and Obi-Wan look like they might ship right on top of one-another. It could be an expensive month as I ordered 2 Obi-Wans in addition to Han.

And then Qui-Gon has moved ahead of Mace. Here's what it's going to look like for the next two months...

Han Solo: mid-August
Obi-Wan: late August/early September
Qui-Gon: mid-September
Mace Windu: late September

Start pulling in that overtime, boys!!! :thumbsup:

maatu
08-05-2006, 11:33 PM
i know what you mean.
i am bummed that it's taking so long for obi won to be released. but they want the costume material to right. you named the ones/ when is bibfortuna and darth maul coming. are we getting some more 12 inch suprises before the end of the year? what about padme ?

jonthejedi
08-06-2006, 04:50 AM
I think Sept. is gonna be a killa...especially if the 12" LOTR(Aragorn first), which I also have prebooked, ever start showin' up, too!

Jayspawn
08-06-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm really looking forward to Obi-Wan. I think SS willl have everything right when it ships. Gonna be sweet!

AmanaMatt
08-06-2006, 01:35 PM
I would rather have SS take their sweet time and release the perfect Obi-Wan - the proto pics have got the fans' pumped for an incredible look piece.

I would not think that a shirt issue would cause this kind of delay unless there were other issues and this is their public explanation - does not matter since the final product is what counts.

I am very glad to have scored the exclusive version of this, since I think the blaster makes a cool accessory.

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I really wish they'd tell us what's up, and I'd also really like to see them work harder to space out these releases, I don't want to miss a figure I've got on preorder simply because it showed up ahead of a paycheck. Like jon said, some of us have other SSC figures from other franchises coming as well.

Luuuuuuke
08-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone have a hunch on how likely a waitlisted order is likely to go through. I ordered Obi Wan in June(fortunately I was able to find another website that still supposedly will have some available, for insurance purposes).

Tycho
08-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I bet running pre-orders for these SideShow figures are frustrating the heck out of SS as well as many an e-tailer (or they will be) due to cancellations, people ordering "insurance extras" that they'll cancel the orders for later, etc.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the line (which only has had 3 figures ship thus far) as Star Wars is a bigger market than perhaps ANY property that SideShow has dealt with before.

Luuuuuuke
08-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I bet running pre-orders for these SideShow figures are frustrating the heck out of SS as well as many an e-tailer (or they will be) due to cancellations, people ordering "insurance extras" that they'll cancel the orders for later, etc.

It will be interesting to see how this works out for the line (which only has had 3 figures ship thus far) as Star Wars is a bigger market than perhaps ANY property that SideShow has dealt with before.

Well, I didn't plan on buying an "insurance extra." A friend offered me an Exclusive Obi Wan she had ordered but decided she didn't want. She said I could go ahead and cancel my regular Obi Wan, which I had ordered in January. I did so and then she realized it wasn't an Obi Wan she had ordered--it was Qui Gon:D She felt really bad too, though I told her it was an honest mistake.

So I re-ordered it via the waitlist in early June. But being a newbie to ordering Sideshow anything, I started to worry that I was too far behind in the waitlist and that I might miss out on Obi Wan(which was by far the figure I wanted the most. It's not even close).

Then someone told me about an e-tailer that should still have some alloted orders available so I ordered from there. If I know for a fact one of the orders will come through I'll either cancel one so someone else can order one, or I'll just sell the extra one for cost plus actual shipping. I certainly don't plan to keep two, let alone profit from selling an extra one.

But yeah, I can see what you mean. It probably is a bit of a pain in the butt for Sideshow and the e-tailers. Then again, they'll make their money.

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 07:35 PM
So I just got the notice today from Sideshow that Ob-Wan will be arriving at their warehouse within the next fifteen days. Then as I'm browsing the forums, I got another notice that Mace is arriving at their warehouse within fifteen days! :cross-eye

JediTricks
08-09-2006, 07:52 PM
Holy crap, Mace too? I posted the news about Obi-Wan this morning when I got the email, but I didn't preorder Mace so didn't know about that email. I put a line in my Obi-Wan story about "hope you're a rich millionaire" in regards to Han and Obi-Wan shipping so close together... I suppose that goes double now. :p

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Oh my god! I just realized, that I just got the notice for Han not too long ago. There's gonna be a log-jam!

Tycho
08-09-2006, 09:34 PM
I didn't order Mace, but I did order 2 Obi-Wan's: the SSE from SS, and a 2nd from an online retailer whom will probably ship the reg. edition Obi-Wan out to be rather quickly once they get theirs (which will be about the time I get the SSE).

Fortunately I have room on my credit card for the 2 Obi-Wans, plus Han Solo - and that will conclude my SideShow ordering until Jabba the Hutt.

I'm more worried about making sure I'm around to receive all my packages I've got coming. And with this, I'm debating about whether I really am going to order Kir Kanos / Carnor Jax, or if my customs of them will suffice for my collection (I'm tempted to say "yes." - It's the Quinlan / Villie pack that I plan to buy 4 or more multiples of, and then I'll see who they pack with Mara Jade).

BlueSnags
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Sideshow ***-raped me this month. Let's see:

Popbot Lady Sham statue (SDCC)
Super D 501st Trooper (SDCC)
Sith Anakin 12" (SDCC)
1/4 Scale Premium Format Leia
12" Obi-Wan
12" Han
12" Mace

Good thing I'm rich.:cry:

Hellboy
08-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Yeah Sideshow has a strangle hold on my wallet this month too. I've got Han, Mace and Obi-Wan on order and I still need to pick up a PF Leia. I may wait on the Leia though considering I wasn't interested in the Exclusive on that one. Thankfully I anticipated this log-jam and planned a bit in advance but its still gonna hurt.:whip: