PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers

badtaste
01-27-2002, 04:41 PM
The real spoilers I find on the forums are those that keep complaining about the new episode 2 figs.
You 'they' behave like spoiled children that are sust afraid with confronting a new style. The just sh** there pants that perhaps the new line would turn into a flop, so just kill the baby before it is born.

Poor guy's

:mad:

Unit-01
01-27-2002, 06:01 PM
Well WE are the people who buy this **** and keep it going. And they ARE ****. Most of the stuff is more like an OLD style.

LTBasker
01-27-2002, 06:40 PM
POTJ = New style
Something advanced above POTJ = new style
E2 = Before episode 1 style

We're not afraid of a new "style" it's just we're the consumers and we have the rights to voice our OPINIONs just like you had the right to voice that one.

GNT
01-27-2002, 08:23 PM
We are the ones who spend our hard earned cash on Hasbros toys,without us they wouldn't be in business.The only people who will suffer is Hasbro because of these poses since alot of people don't like them and at the moment wont be geting our money!

2-1B
01-27-2002, 09:38 PM
Good call GNT :)

I have not collected much for the past year and a half, but I planned on treating myself to a shopping spree in April. Now, I will go in with substantial reservations.

Too bad Hasbro chose this new "style" as Badtaste defines it. Hasbro is styling their way right out of my wallet.

chewie
01-27-2002, 09:53 PM
I stopped collecting a lot of SW after E1 due to the price hiking. With the prices still in effect, & the new awkward molds, its only going to further my slow amount of SW purchases.

Jayspawn
01-27-2002, 10:10 PM
Right on GNT! I'm behind you all the way. He's absolutly right too! Us collectors generate most of Hasbro's Star Wars income. Kids and Parents do some but it's us Collectors bringing the business.

Obi-Don
01-28-2002, 07:14 AM
We are the reason that Hasbro makes money off of SW. And we are the reason that GL makes money off of SW. Without the FANS there would be no SW. So we as fans and consumers should have the right to voice our opinnions on the products that are offer to us and have the right not to like something.

mabudonicus
01-28-2002, 10:37 AM
Yeah, if hasbro would've listened to the fans of GI joe, it wouldn't have taken them 10 years of bad,stupid toys that no-one wanted before they finally decided on just making them the way they were in the first place. The new AOTC "deluxe" figures, when compared to current POTJ releases (except eeth) look like the GIjoe Extreme line compared to classic ARAH, and no-one can argue that that wasnt an inane,frustrating decision for collectors, who just had to sit back and watch the line go from being some of the coolest toys ever to some stupid ugly line of pegwarmers. In a worst case scenario( see TPM), most of the cooler figures that follow the first wave won't even become available at retail in my town(and from other posts I've read around here a LOT of other places), simply because of the low sales generated by a whole slew of figures that a big chunk of the potential buyers don't like. THAT also fuels some of the complainants, no doubt.

bigbarada
01-28-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
The real spoilers I find on the forums are those that keep complaining about the new episode 2 figs.
You 'they' behave like spoiled children that are sust afraid with confronting a new style. The just sh** there pants that perhaps the new line would turn into a flop, so just kill the baby before it is born.

Poor guy's

:mad:

So, what you're saying is, we should all just shut our mouths and not say anything negative about the new figures? Do Hasbro and Lucas somehow know what we want better than we do?

Now that my anger and disappointment has passed over the Ep2 figures. I'm actually grateful Hasbro did this to the line. I've been collecting since 1978 and spending at least $50 every month on SWAFs since 1995, it's time to move on. Fortunately Hasbro's new product is so horribly indesirable that I'm able to do just that.

2-1B
01-29-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada

So, what you're saying is, we should all just shut our mouths and not say anything negative about the new figures? Do Hasbro and Lucas somehow know what we want better than we do?

Well put bigbarada :)

Maybe we could just authorize Hasbro to do an electronic funds transfer from our bank accounts every week to get their money for these figures . . . ? :p ;) :D