PDA

View Full Version : Is Slave Leia Unleashed's Vibro Axe Staff Way Too Long?

Tycho
08-04-2006, 02:03 AM
I just brought home from storage Boba Fett and Slave Leia.

Looking at her pole dancer prop she's holding, it seems way too long for any Unleashed character to use as a weapon. The darn thing's longer than Darth Maul's 2-bladed Lightsaber! Were it thicker, it might make a good 12" figure's weapon, but what the heck was Hasbro thinking? I just noticed this again, as I hadn't seen the figue in some time.

decadentdave
08-04-2006, 02:40 AM
It's exagerrated like all aspects of the Unleashed line. Just look at that lime green saber "swoosh" on Jedi Luke... it's not meant to be accurate. Exagerration is the highlight of the Unleashed that make them so cool. If it's accuracy you want, try the Sideshow Premium Format sculptures instead.

Tycho
08-04-2006, 02:43 AM
I thought as much. What's unusual about Leia is that her actual prop weapon is exageratted - very different from Luke's lightsaber whoosh.

I buy both SideShow and (when they were offered) Hasbro Unleashed.

I really loved the Unleashed 7" line!

decadentdave
08-04-2006, 02:50 AM
So did I but for some reason Hasbro thinks that shrinking them down into 2" Battle Packs and making them ridiculously overpriced is more cost effective than offering 3 beatifully sculpted 7" figures per wave at a $15 price point. Maybe Hasbro should sell the Unleashed license to Sideshow.

Tycho
08-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Maybe Hasbro should sell the Unleashed license to Sideshow.

While I do buy SideShow, I think Gentle Giant would do awesome work with an Unleashed line. I don't own any of their stuff, but I do admire it.

decadentdave
08-04-2006, 03:05 AM
I really liked GG's statues for Slave Leia and General Kenobi in his Clone Wars armor that were on display in San Diego.

Tycho
08-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Haha. Well Carrie Fisher apparently did not. We'll see if we end up getting that Leia product after she's done ranting about it. I haven't heard of what came from all that, nor did I witness it. But apparently Carrie didn't appreciate the Leia statue like we would :D

decadentdave
08-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Yes, I was at GG's booth and overheard one of their staff say that Carrie came by and said "Who gave you guys permission to show my sn**ch?" and her agent called up Lucasfilm and voiced some concerns about it. I think Carrie was just being Carrie. She likes to shock people. She was pretty lucid when I met her. Probably a lot of anti-depressents. Anyway, Carrie was just being vocal, what else is new.

decadentdave
08-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Like I said, I think Carrie was just being her typical sarcastic self. I think GG and the Lucasfilm people got nervous and took it seriously. I don't think Carrie really cares one way or the other and she was probably amused by it, though probably not as titilated as we were. ;)

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Yes, I was at GG's booth and overheard one of their staff say that Carrie came by and said "Who gave you guys permission to show my sn**ch?" and her agent called up Lucasfilm and voiced some concerns about it. I think Carrie was just being Carrie. She likes to shock people. She was pretty lucid when I met her. Probably a lot of anti-depressents. Anyway, Carrie was just being vocal, what else is new.

Did the statue really show her anatomy as she colorfully put it?

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Did the statue really show her anatomy as she colorfully put it?

I looked at the SDCC06 pics and I didn't see anything but her rear unless in person there is more detail in that area than the pictures show.

decadentdave
08-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Not exactly. She is scantilla clad in a crawling pose with lots of "curves."

BountyHunterScum
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Not exactly. She is scantilla clad in a crawling pose with lots of "curves."
She said sn**ch which is vulgar slang for the female nether region. What is Fisher smoking to believe anyone can see the statue's unmentionables. I don't know why they edited it out sn**ch isn't a bad word its just slang. I saw the pics I could only see her butt kinda. I like it maybe I'll buy it, hopefully it's not too much.

decadentdave
08-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Here are the pics I took at ComiCon. You can see a "shaded" area between her crotch but that's just the shadow from the lighting from the display. Like I said before, I think Carrie was just being her typical shocking self and made her remarks out of sarcasm rather than with intent. It's everyone else that heard her say it that took it seriously and had a knee-jerk reaction to it. I for one think GG has sculpted a beautiful statue that I find neither offensive nor profane in any way. It's art.

btw - I edited myself when I said sn**ch.

Kidhuman
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Please stop using the word sn**ch or any slang word for a womans body part. It is a kid friendly site. Thank you

decadentdave
08-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Please stop using the word sn**ch or any slang word for a womans body part. It is a kid friendly site. Thank you
Didn't mean to offend your feminine sensibilities there KID! ;)

BountyHunterScum
08-07-2006, 02:07 AM
Here are the pics I took at ComiCon. You can see a "shaded" area between her crotch but that's just the shadow from the lighting from the display. Like I said before, I think Carrie was just being her typical shocking self and made her remarks out of sarcasm rather than with intent. It's everyone else that heard her say it that took it seriously and had a knee-jerk reaction to it. I for one think GG has sculpted a beautiful statue that I find neither offensive nor profane in any way. It's art.

btw - I edited myself when I said sn*tch.

I wouldn't mind getting it.

stillakid
08-07-2006, 09:22 AM
I have to admit that I did a doubletake when I saw the Leia statue in person at ComicCon. When looking at the piece from the back, it sure looks like one could easily see her private garden. The curiousity in me wanted to peer in for a closer look just to see how far they went, but I didn't want to appear like a perv so I kept my distance. I'm sure that they didn't sculpt anything untoward, however the way that she is sitting certainly leaves more than enough opportunity for it.

As far as the too long weapon goes, it is most likely the standard phallic symbol Unleashed Leia is in an unmistakable seductive pose and hanging on to such a long, straight, hard, pointy object that she never really held in the film isn't too subtle.

BountyHunterScum
08-07-2006, 08:30 PM
I have to admit that I did a doubletake when I saw the Leia statue in person at ComicCon. When looking at the piece from the back, it sure looks like one could easily see her private garden. The curiousity in me wanted to peer in for a closer look just to see how far they went, but I didn't want to appear like a perv so I kept my distance. I'm sure that they didn't sculpt anything untoward, however the way that she is sitting certainly leaves more than enough opportunity for it.

As far as the too long weapon goes, it is most likely the standard phallic symbol Unleashed Leia is in an unmistakable seductive pose and hanging on to such a long, straight, hard, pointy object that she never really held in the film isn't too subtle.

Private garden. :yes:lol

Turbowars
08-08-2006, 08:17 PM
Hell at the Con I took a good looonnnngggg look at the her behind and all that you can see is a very well sculpted butt and Carrie should be very flattered. YOU CAN NOT SEE any hint of her private region.

BountyHunterScum
08-09-2006, 01:42 AM
Hell at the Con I took a good looonnnngggg look at the her behind and all that you can see is a very well sculpted butt and Carrie should be very flattered. YOU CAN NOT SEE any hint of her private region.

I don't think there is one its a pose that's meant for the thought only.