PDA

View Full Version : (ToyFare) Fan Choice Figure: Darth Revan

Droid
08-04-2006, 09:07 AM
This just in from ToyFare:

By now, you’ve heard the news—Darth Revan is the winner of the Star Wars Fan Choice poll held here at Wizard Universe! Fans can expect to see a blister-carded, single-packed figure of Darth Revan in Wave 5 of the 2007 Saga figures. Additionally, poll finalists Quinlan Vos, Mara Jade and Kir Kanos are already slated to get the toy treatment through Hasbro’s new line of comic-based two-packs. But how did everyone else do? Where did they fall in the finals? Since everyone is dying to find out, here you go: the Top 25 most requested Star Wars figures. (Note: The recent appearance of sexy, scantily clad Twi’lek Sith Lords in Dark Horse Comics may affect these results.)

1. Quinlan Vos* (11.4%)
2. Darth Revan* (8.1%)
3. Yarna D'al Gargan (6.7%)
4. Darth Nihilus (6.6%)
5. Bastila Shan (6.5%)
6. Clone Commander (5.7%)
7. HK-47 (5%)
8. Willrow Hood (5%)
9. Hermi Odle (4.3%)
10. Mara Jade Skywalker* (4%)
11. Commander Neyo (3%)
12. Darth Malak (3%)
13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) (3%)
14. Corran Horn (2.8%)
15. Luke Skywalker (2.6%)
16. Padme Amidala (Clone Wars) (2.6%)
17. Kyle Katarn (2.2%)
18. Exar Kun (2%)
19. Padme Amidala II (black dinner dress) (2%)
20. Nom Anor (2%)
21. Kir Kanos* (1.5%)
22. Darth Maul (1.4%)
23. Jaina Solo (1.3%)
24. Anakin Solo (.8%)
25. Jacen Solo (.8%)

* Figure is being made.

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 09:20 AM
You would think Yarna should be a shoe-in coming in at #3

El Chuxter
08-04-2006, 09:37 AM
First, any figure from that b*****dization called Legacy will have no place in my collection. (I have enough sexy, scantily clad Twi’leks and Sith Lords as it is, anyway.)

Hasbro confirmed that at least ten, not counting the "winner" (Revan) would be produced next year. Care to make guesses?

My guesses:

1) Darth Nihilus
2) HK-47

As loath as I am to say it, I have a feeling Darth Cobra Commander will have some friends made. Or enemies. Are whatever these two are. :rolleyes:

3) Clone Commander
4) Commander Neyo

Not sure who exactly "Clone Commander" refers to, but I have a feeling that, if it can be produced by slightly changing the existing Clonetrooper sculpts, there's an excellent chance we'll see it next year.

5) Exar Kun
6) Corran Horn
7) Mara Jade

Dark Horse two-packs are already confirmed. So far, we only kow of Quinlan Vos/Villie and Kir Kanos/Exar Kun. These are three of the more obvious choices from various Dark Horse comics.

8) Padme Amidala (Clone Wars)

She's been on otherwise spot-on rumor lists for the better part of a year now, and Hasbro's said they want to do more Clone Wars figures, so she seems a safe bet.

9) Hermi Odle

We know they want to do him, but corporate has not been receptive to another huge, carded figure. But we got Foul Moudama this year, so maybe there's a chance.

10) Yarna D'al Gargan

Following the "joke," I feel confident Yarna, Wilrow, or both will see production next year. Yarna's more interesting, and they know we want her. Plus, third place, and the highest ranking "canon" figure? Make room in the diorama for her, boys.

joe-da
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Looks like I'll get to skip a lot next year.

Tycho
08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
First, Kir Kanos will be packaged with his nemesis, Carnor Jax, the black 'n red Royal Guard with a Crimson Empire comic.

Next, Exar Kun was a Sith Lord from 4,000 years earlier. If he were to be packaged in a 2-pack, it would make sense that he'd share it with Jedi/Sith Ulic Qel Droma, or Jedi Nomi Sunrider, and a Tales of the Jedi comic.

Finally: 10 huh?
I don't know the KOTOR video game characters, so I'll have to veer off from talking about them. What would make sense is:

1. Quinlan Vos w. Villie
2. Darth Revan w. ???
6. Clone Commander due to easy tooling
9. Hermi Odle - possibly rumored
10. Mara Jade Skywalker - basically confirmed
11. Commander Neyo - real easy
12. Darth Malak
13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) - I bet we get Purple Dress Queen from Qui-Gon's funeral
16. Padme Amidala (Clone Wars) - rumored
18. Exar Kun - a two pack with Ulic or Nomi
19. Padme Amidala II (black dinner dress) - this wouldn't surprise me, but'd be nice!
20. Nom Anor - one can hope - packed with Mara Jade Skywalker perhaps?
21. Kir Kanos - already available
23. Jaina Solo
24. Anakin Solo
25. Jacen Solo

The Solo kids should be easy if Hasbro goes the Jedi route or "Bespin-style" or "Death Star II style" apprentice uniforms. Jaina Solo in X-wing flight suit would have to be a new sculpt - and interesting at that.

I think the Solo kids must eventually be made - and perhaps different versions of them (obvious choices for Jaina already mentioned). I didn't see them have the standing in this poll that other characters did.

ICMG is as high up as he is primarily because it's a joke to vote for him - but even as a joke, with the points he racked up, and for his usefulness in dioramas, I want to see him made. The new Naboo flight crewman dude that Hasbro's putting out is a perfect body for Wilrow Hood - all they need to do is alter the head sculpt and repaint the hands.

Yarna is probably driven by vintage nostalgists, as Kenner never released her. Why they don't cry so loudly for Lumat as well is beyond me. If this figure were of Slave Leia (and she was not yet done yet) I could understand it. But Yarna? In any event, yeah I'd buy 1 figure of her to put in my Jabba's Palace scene. I think for his size, Herme Odel is a more valuable addition to that group. Well, hope we get both!

As to the EU getting more attention than movie figures? Deal with it. I have to ignore the fact that all of you video gamers out there hold KOTOR in such high esteem while I know nothing about it. I'd prefer action figures of Tag and Bink ;) - hey that's not a bad idea... Anyway, there's only some 200 figures left they can make, most of them unrecognizable to the average fan like Nyrat Agira (trust me, you'd want a figure of her if you knew who this was) - but the Luke, Leia, and Lando left that has never been produced languishes in the "but that'll be boring category" (the very end of ESB -and they could make a cool Luke with interchangeable hands and reuse the Lando sculpt for Han Solo Yavin Ceremony, let alone use pre-existing ANH Leia sculpts for her figure. Oh well.

El Chuxter
08-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Tycho, I asked one of the Hasbro reps after the Q&A about EU figures, and it looks like they're currently only considering comic-based two-packs. So Mara Jade Skywalker vs Nom Anor is probably a longshot. :(

Phantom-like Menace
08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
The clone commander is, I assume, from Battlefront II, and it looks exactly like the Galactic Marine, which we know has been announced. Everyone is correct, I imagine, to put it on his list.

10) Yarna D'al Gargan

Make room in the diorama for her, boys.

Actually, you might want to make a lot of room.

Tycho, I asked one of the Hasbro reps after the Q&A about EU figures, and it looks like they're currently only considering comic-based two-packs. So Mara Jade Skywalker vs Nom Anor is probably a longshot.

Though he didn't fight Mara Jade in it, Nom Anor was a character in Crimson Empire II, so he is allowable as a comic character.

As to the EU getting more attention than movie figures? Deal with it. I have to ignore the fact that all of you video gamers out there hold KOTOR in such high esteem while I know nothing about it.

God knows I have to live with my paltry 2.8%. Personally, I loved KotOR, dislike the idea of figures for it, but I'll buy them.

I'd prefer action figures of Tag and Bink ;) - hey that's not a bad idea...

That'd be awesome, but there would be the inevitable argument over what outfits they should be wearing.

Rogue II
08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
Yarna is probably driven by vintage nostalgists, as Kenner never released her. Why they don't cry so loudly for Lumat as well is beyond me. If this figure were of Slave Leia (and she was not yet done yet) I could understand it. But Yarna? In any event, yeah I'd buy 1 figure of her to put in my Jabba's Palace scene. I think for his size, Herme Odel is a more valuable addition to that group. Well, hope we get both!

It's called focus. Once we get Yarna, we'll move on to Ewoks since Herme Odel is rumored.

Wouldn't you need a second Yarna for your Sail Barge?

Tycho
08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
I don't think Yarna went on the Sailbarge to the Sarlaac Battle. I'll have to re-read Tales from Jabbas Palace (paperback), but others including Ephant Mon did not go - and "Arista" or whatever her disguise name was (Mara Jade), was not allowed to go as Jabba suspected he couldn't trust her but didn't know for a fact that she was working for the Empire.

Mara was supposed to sabotage Luke by taking his lightsaber away from him when R2D2 launched it, thus preventing him (possibly) from resisting Jabba's men executing him, Han, and Chewie. (Luke was a Jedi though and would have found another weapon and Chewie and Lando might've helped him overcome Mara if she attacked Luke with his own lightsaber).

I don't believe she really appeared in any comics beyond her wedding to Luke, as Mara Jade Skywalker though. That was mostly in the novels.

Making her from the comics, other than in her wedding dress, would see her done as a Jabba-Palace Dancer (hot actually!) or a re-do (or worse: a re-issue) of her original figure from Heir to the Empire.

Jargo
08-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Driven by nostalgists? are you truly as insane as I think you are? So anyone who asks for a figure you don't want is a nostalgist?

So for anyone who comes to the saga in recent years wanting a figure of a character from a major scene in an OT movie is being a nostalgist?

How about the fact that amazingly not everyone likes the clonetroopers, not everyone likes the jedi. not everyone is interested in the peeeuuuw! or the dull ins and outs of the rebels and imperials. Some people just like the funky aliens and droids. Or the idea of having the whole bunch of them in one display.

perhaps there are a few old timers who are nostalgic for a kenner styled world of action figures. but the people asking for modern styling and detail and a decent accurate sculpt of the memorable characters from the scene far outweight any 'nostalgists'.

And for the record, yarna is onscreen and visible, she parades in front of the camera, she's plainly visible. she interacts with jabba and Oola, where's hermi Odle then? oh yeah that's right you can only see him in freeze frame or production still shots. yeah hermi, he's like so much more of a character. Anyway collectors with your obvious lascivious nature are thankfully few and far between. Some of us can actually look at a female and not objectify her by the size of her rack.

and yes I'm only replying because RogueII quoted you and it maddened me. if it weren't for that I'd have quite happily ignored your posts same as always.

DarthQuack
08-04-2006, 11:50 AM
How can they NOT give us Yarna when she was 3rd in the voting percentages???? Get a clue!!

Droid
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
Yes, it is fascinating to me that Yarna is the 3rd most desired action figure of any possible figure that could be made, expanded universe or otherwise. She is the MOST wanted figure possible from the films. She was a vintage figure prototype. She is listed in the credits of Return of the Jedi. She is prominently featured in several shots in Jabba's Palace. She is a female character, which people claim to want more action figures of.

But to Hasbro the thought of making her is a joke. What fans want is a joke to them.

Tycho
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Maybe DaddyPants (Emperor Jargo The Angry) won't see this if he ignores what I write? I don't know how the ignore feature works because I don't ignore anybody. DaddyPants (Jargo) just thinks I'm a biggot. He's probably right and he really makes me glad if I am. Someone ought to deal with his avatar, as that's not to my taste, as much as my opinions are not to his. However, if the False-Defenders here who moderate allow me to defend myself from this personal attack without the usual requisite barrage of private messages (they're fun anyway though), I'll respond.

So anyone who asks for a figure you don't want is a nostalgist?

That's an over-simplification if I ever heard one. I'm not a completist, so frankly I don't care what Hasbro makes as long as they (sooner than later) make the figures I'm pining for. I've said I'll buy and display Yarna in my diorama. I'll just not holler for her as loudly as others do. I'll also continue to have a preference for women characters that are asthetically pleasing over Yarna.

Some people just like the funky aliens and droids. Or the idea of having the whole bunch of them in one display.

Me too. We're on the same page here. But I think the Tonnika Sisters or Sgt. Doallyn are cooler, that's all. My "nostalgia comment" had to do with trying to understand the whole Yarna thing - I hypothesized that it might have to do with Kenner having sculpted a prototype back in the day and never having put it into production. With Klaatu, Slim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, Romba, the Black Bespin Guard and a human B-Wing Pilot and others out there that were real carded Kenner figures still begging for production in the modern line, I think there are better choices than Yarna.

And for the record, yarna is onscreen and visible, she parades in front of the camera, she's plainly visible. she interacts with jabba and Oola, where's hermi Odle then?

I agree that Yarna is more visible than Hermie Odel. Hermie Odel is most visible when Threepio looks at the alcove where Han in Carbonite is hanging on the wall, and possibly when Luke, Han, and Chewie are brought out as prisoners after Luke kills the Rancor.

Some of us can actually look at a female and not objectify her by the size of her rack.

"rackS" in Yarna's case. And I've always been more into different parts of a woman's body than her chest. But I know why you don't objectify women.

and yes I'm only replying because RogueII quoted you and it maddened me. if it weren't for that I'd have quite happily ignored your posts same as always.

Haha!

And I was going into Toshe Station to pick up some power converters...

dindae
08-04-2006, 12:42 PM
It's interesting to see the breakout. I figured they would keep it in the Hasbro's Vault of Secret for No Sensible Reason. As far as which 10 they make I have no clue. I just hope Hermi make the list. I like big strange aliens. I really like adding any figure to Jabba's palace/barge scene and the cantina. The more time on screen the more I recognize them which means the more of a whole in my diorama they leave when not there. Some characters have had more exposure like the Tonnikas and Yarna so I am more conscious of them. This is the same thing with unproduce vintage figures. I know these characters because I saw them in plastic before so I want newer version. The best reason for a Yarna to be made now is just so we can talk about something else for a change.;)

Rocketboy
08-04-2006, 01:05 PM
13. Padme Amidala (Funeral) (3%)Awesome, a corpse figure! There's still hope for a Kentucky Fried Owen and Beru!

Droid
08-04-2006, 01:06 PM
(dindae and droid hiding in the corner while others in the thread I started break furniture and yell loudly):

I agree, dindae, they really need to make Hermi Odle. Hermi is in my Top Ten most wanted figures and is my second most wanted figure from Jabba's Palace (behind Yarna).

I said this in another thread, but I really want Yarna, Hermi Odle, Palaace Klaatu like the vintage figure (Woof), Sgt. Doallyn, the guard who shot Luke (Taym Dren-garen), Shasa Tiel (the Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb), the Jedi Rocks drummers, an articulated Salacious Crumb, a Leia that can recline on Jabba's throne, and a Gamorrean that can hold a force pike correctly.

In the cantina I would still like the Tonnikas, Bom Vimdim, the Saurins, the Ranat, Nightlilly, and Dice Ibegone.

Anyone else they want to give us would be fine too.

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I posted this in the news, and was surprised to see such low percentages for the winner and runner-up. 8% is not a majority, at these levels it's less like "Fans' Choice" and more like "Fan's Choice" (a little punctuation humor for ya's there). I think Hasbro has some nerve treating Yarna like a joke when she's the first MOVIE character on that list.

It's called focus. Once we get Yarna, we'll move on to Ewoks since Herme Odel is rumored.I think it's called "Yarna is a recognizable, unique character in the movie while Lumat is a ridiculous generic teddy bear". :p Yarna has nothing to do with vintage fans, it has everything to do with the amount of screen time and the beloved nature many Star Wars fans have for all things Jabba's Palace.

JON9000
08-04-2006, 02:45 PM
it has everything to do with the amount of screen time and the beloved nature many Star Wars fans have for all things Jabba's Palace.

that's about the size of it.

Luuuuuuke
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
I look at the Yarna joke differently. I don’t think the joke was that Hasbro was saying, “Yeah right, we’re never making a Yarna just like we’re never making these other figures.” I think the joke part was the description of her as a six-breasted alien or whatever it was. Described that way, it does sound like an outlandish figure they wouldn’t make. But I would not presume that Hasbro is necessarily lumping her with the other figures in terms of being among the ranks of figures doomed never to see the light of day.

Besides, I really have a hunch Hasbro threw her in because it kind of made the prank more believable. If the list was all blatantly ridiculous, dead and burnt figures, no one would fall for it. But you throw in a figure people want, and that Hasbro could make—and in fact, might one day make—and people start to believe. Hasbro had to have some bait to use as lure for their lame-oid joke, and maybe Yarna was it.
It’s at most a venal sin by Hasbro. And in the end of the day, it presented a good opportunity for them to realize how much people really want this figure, and that it would sell.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Well, at least they see how much people want her. I can't freaking BELIEVE that she's number three and so damn close; if she'd gotten a few more votes they'd be making her instead of Revan the Retard.

These are the ones I think they're making next year:

1. Quinlan Vos - confirmed
2. Darth Revan - confirmed
3. Yarna D'al Gargan - hopefully, especially after their joke
6. Clone Commander (Galactic Marine) - confirmed
10. Mara Jade Skywalker - confirmed
11. Commander Neyo - they seem to be releasing the final clones next year
16. Padme Amidala (Clone Wars) - rumored
21. Kir Kanos - confirmed
23. Jaina Solo - likely in a two-pack with . . .
25. Jacen Solo - . . . this guy

pbarnard
08-04-2006, 03:39 PM
23. Jaina Solo - likely in a two-pack with . . .
25. Jacen Solo - . . . this guy

Technically already made as part of the Wizard's of the Coast miniatures Champions of the Force set.

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 03:49 PM
They might be WOTC, but this was a Hasbro poll, so they werent made in 3.75 line.

Devo
08-04-2006, 06:21 PM
No one here is predicting Jedi Luke? I think he has to be in Hasbro's chosen 10. A core character in an outfit worn for a great portion of the climactic Star Wars film. Surely after all these years he's going to be made and made well as a carded figure.

SpartansOnFire
08-04-2006, 06:46 PM
The Clone Commander is already being made for the 2007 line.

figrin bran
08-05-2006, 12:06 AM
i think that with the percentages being so low, they should've held another round of voting with maybe just the top 10 or 5

Phantom-like Menace
08-05-2006, 12:14 AM
I posted this in the news, and was surprised to see such low percentages for the winner and runner-up. 8% is not a majority, at these levels it's less like "Fans' Choice" and more like "Fan's Choice" (a little punctuation humor for ya's there).

I was expecting the top three or so to carry much more of the vote. Maybe there should have been another round of voting to pare down the selection and then we could see a real difference between some of these characters. One tenth of a percent in some situations doesn't really tell me one character is so much more wanted than another.

Edit: I started my post before you, Figrin Bran, but only just submitted it. We think oddly alike sometimes.

figrin bran
08-05-2006, 01:11 AM
that's a scary thought, PLM, a scary thought...

i'm still surprised that out of the people that voted for a KOTOR character, revan had the most votes. personally i voted for bastila and saw that a lot of people on RS were doing the same.

of course Jedi Luke will be made. probably as part of a future vtsc wave.

plasticfetish
08-05-2006, 02:41 AM
Some thoughts...

You would think Yarna should be a shoe-in coming in at #3I'm still not convinced that they've really written her off. Part of me wants to think that they were making fun of our fanaticism, but...

I look at the Yarna joke differently. I don’t think the joke was that Hasbro was saying, “Yeah right, we’re never making a Yarna just like we’re never making these other figures.” I think the joke part was the description of her as a six-breasted alien or whatever it was. Described that way, it does sound like an outlandish figure they wouldn’t makeSomething like that also, yeah.

I think the Solo kids must eventually be madeI was surprised to see these so low on that list. As much as they mean very little to me (for now anyway), I'd figured that they would be much more popular seeing as how the books are so popular.

perhaps there are a few old timers who are nostalgic for a kenner styled world of action figures. but the people asking for modern styling and detail and a decent accurate sculpt of the memorable characters from the scene far outweigh any 'nostalgists'.When I get nostalgic for Kenner styling, what I do is pull out all of my old Kenner figures and enjoy them for what they are and were. New toys should should be just that... new. It doesn't mean that they can't emulate some of the better characteristics of the older toys, but I don't really need Hasbro aping the past just to appeal to my love for the old toys. One of the great things about the "vintage" line, (aside from the lame price) is the modern approach as a kind of tribute to the past.

With that said, I really prefer the aliens and robots also. It's what has always made Star Wars interesting to me. I have no problem with seeing that general idea evolve though. The broadening of the Star Wars universe is what keeps me interested as time goes on.

So...

As loath as I am to say it, I have a feeling Darth Cobra Commander will have some friends made. Or enemies. Are whatever these two are.When I read something like this, it bothers me, because I wonder where this is coming from. I know in many cases a few of you who seem to bash the KOTOR idea, have never played or have little knowledge of the game. To me, that would be the same as someone bashing the books without having read any of them. (Either you're interested or you're not, but criticism should be based on something more tangible than the fact that you're just not familiar with the game.)

As long as it’s a good and reasonably popular idea or character, I don’t see what the problem is. Why be so interested in limiting the directions that this hobby could take? You have two choices... either bring in new ideas and characters, or use the same 12 characters over and over again, but choose to make a silly variety of toys (those chopper things are a worst case scenario) using their images.

El Chuxter
08-05-2006, 07:31 AM
I think the Solo kids must eventually be made - and perhaps different versions of them (obvious choices for Jaina already mentioned). I didn't see them have the standing in this poll that other characters did.

I was surprised to see these so low on that list. As much as they mean very little to me (for now anyway), I'd figured that they would be much more popular seeing as how the books are so popular.

That's a pretty easy one, I think. They split one another's votes. It's tough to pick only one of the three, much less pick one twin over the other.

As loath as I am to say it, I have a feeling Darth Cobra Commander will have some friends made. Or enemies. Are whatever these two are. :rolleyes:

When I read something like this, it bothers me, because I wonder where this is coming from. I know in many cases a few of you who seem to bash the KOTOR idea, have never played or have little knowledge of the game. To me, that would be the same as someone bashing the books without having read any of them. (Either you're interested or you're not, but criticism should be based on something more tangible than the fact that you're just not familiar with the game.)

Not only am I not familiar with the game, there's no way I can easily become familiar with the game. It's available on only one system, and that happens to be the system that no one I know owns. No more than I play video games, I'm not about to buy a new game system for just one particular game so I can recognize what some random character is. And, unlike many other games, there's no way to get summary info. There's no graphic novel like there were with Dark Forces, and even The New Essential Chronology and The Ultimate Visual Guide totally gloss over the events, since it's apparently a choose-your-own-adventure and no one wants to commit to an actual sequence of events for "official" continuity.

So he's a character who I know nothing about, that I can't learn about without dropping a lot of money (or, worse, resorting to Wikipedia), and from my uninformed viewpoint, there's nothing special about him. He really and truly looks like someone swiped some designs for a new suit of armor for Cobra Commander from Hasbro's Design Department, tossed a robe on him, and gave him a lightsaber. In short, less interesting even than the 501st Stormtrooper, which I wasn't even tempted to get when I saw it in person.

Too bad. I probably would've actually bought Darth Nihilus, since he at least looks cool.

Phantom-like Menace
08-05-2006, 07:59 AM
that's a scary thought, PLM, a scary thought...

I wouldn't wish thinking like me on anyone.

i'm still surprised that out of the people that voted for a KOTOR character, revan had the most votes. personally i voted for bastila and saw that a lot of people on RS were doing the same.

I would have voted for Bastila if I had gone with KotOR, Nihilus if I voted with both games in mind, but HK-47 is tempting if not just because his crazy dialogue made a great deal of that game great for me.

plasticfetish
08-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Not only am I not familiar with the game, there's no way I can easily become familiar with the game.That really wasn't my point. I don't care if you are or aren't familiar with the character, it's just that you're forming an opinion based on nothing, and that's not exactly fair.

The point is... the game does happen to be extremely popular, and there are obviously (a few million) people that are familiar with the character from having played the game. That should count for something. Rather than assume it's a stupid idea just because you don't know anything about it.

Having never read a Star Wars novel, I could just as easiy do the same thing for any of those characters...

Rogue II
08-05-2006, 10:16 AM
I borrowed KOTOR for the PC from a friend since I don't have an X-Box. He played it through at least twice. I got to 3 or 4 planets, but it got old, so I quit. As you can guess, I didn't bother with the KOTOR 2. There seems to be a fairly large market for video game characters, which is fine, but I'm not buying them. What bothers me is if these video game and EU characters take the place of movie characters in a given year of collecting. Keep them in their own lines and don't take away figures from the movie line. Have seperate EU/Video game polls from movie poll. Quit mixing them.

plasticfetish
08-05-2006, 11:15 AM
What bothers me is if these video game and EU characters take the place of movie characters in a given year of collecting.The well has just about dried up for new movie characters, and as hard as anyone tries to pick new ideas out of the shadowy backgrounds, it's not going to be enough to support the toy line.

I'll say it again... diversity is the only thing that's going to keep the ball rolling, and the only thing giving you a chance of getting whatever film characters that haven't been made (or remade over and over again.)

stad
08-05-2006, 11:19 AM
What bothers me is if these video game and EU characters take the place of movie characters in a given year of collecting. Keep them in their own lines and don't take away figures from the movie line. Have seperate EU/Video game polls from movie poll. Quit mixing them.

Well, they are going to keep mixing them because they are all Star Wars, whether you (or I) like it. To be frank, your, my, and our opinions on this don't really matter. Lucas is pretty much the one who decides what is and isn't Star Wars, and these are all Star Wars, period. So I would expect them to continue being mixed, because other than where their appearance is from, there is no difference, hence no "mixing".

Obviously, sales is what will have the final say for the figures.

Jargo
08-05-2006, 04:18 PM
the well hasn't run dry at all. if it was gong to run dry then star wars would have permanently died a death years ago with the amount of core character re-releases we've had.
All it takes is some re-imagining of packaging and assortments/waves.
strangely, a lot of people have still never seen star wars. the line needs to chill a little become less manic, bide its time til the tv stuff starts airing and then come back with a bang, catch those people getting into the movies on the back of the tv show.
and during the chill time pander to collectors with some better quality stuff and some nicely packed groupings rather than the battle pack thing. boxed assortments like the lucas family set. or more senators, fan favourites and things that wouldn't sell too well during movie years.
I personally agree that the EU stuff should have it's own backer card style. the fact that the card will say star wars is enough but keeping that sort of thing as a separate entity and leaving the movie stuff to the regular line makes more sense to me than mix and match. For one thing it makes it easier to see what's what while browsing the pegs. I suppose even just doing the EU stuffin a different colour but with the same design would be something. maybe invert the colours somehow.
If they're doing something different by doing characters from comics books and video games then really make it different. Not that i'll be buying i just want to make sure i can spot the regular stuff in stores easily and not have to wade thrugh tons of EU crud to get to what i want.

El Chuxter
08-05-2006, 08:06 PM
That really wasn't my point. I don't care if you are or aren't familiar with the character, it's just that you're forming an opinion based on nothing, and that's not exactly fair.

The point is... the game does happen to be extremely popular, and there are obviously (a few million) people that are familiar with the character from having played the game. That should count for something. Rather than assume it's a stupid idea just because you don't know anything about it.

Having never read a Star Wars novel, I could just as easiy do the same thing for any of those characters...

That wasn't really my point, either. ;) Having not played the game, though, and knowing practically nothing about it, I'd only be interested in the character if I thought he looked cool. But I don't. Maybe (all joking aside) if I still displayed a lot of GIJoes, I could pick him up to use as some sort of Cobra general, but (unless I see the final product and it looks a lot better than the pics of the character), I'm going to pass. I would pick up HK-Whatever because he's a droid, and I can always use random droids. And, again, I think Nihilus looks awesome. I may get him anyway.

I've never played Republic Commando, and probably never will. But I grabbed the first Scorch I saw, and will be ordering the set. Why? They look cool.

Long and short of it: Hasbro can make anything they want. And none of us have to buy the things that we don't want. I don't want Revan, and (given a choice) wouldn't pick Nihilus or HK to be made, either, so, in my POV, it's unfortunate if they're made over two characters I consider to be "better."

Phantom-like Menace
08-05-2006, 10:38 PM
Let's go ahead and say every EU figure means movie-only fans have to wait for their movie figures. Why should I care one iota if Msdafho Nhdaufh from the deep, dark, back corner of Jabba's Palace comes out one wave later? You have to wait an entire couple of months! That's too bad. I always did wait until Christmas morning to open my presents, though.

It's become my deepest, darkest desire that Lucasfilm and Hasbro get together and name every single character who flashes by the screen--maybe even make some up--so consumers wear out DVDs to find them so they have to keep buying new DVDs just so all of these anti-EU zealots ":cry:absolutely have to have these figures who are the lynchpins of the entire trilogy for [what they estimate to be] quadrillions of fans who are sorely mistreated by all of the hordes of people who are just out to make judgements that these extremely important characters whose backstories are supplied by hated Expanded Universe sources, a fact conveniently ignored by people who HATE THE DREADED EU SCOURGE are not important because no one can even see them hidden behind a smirking, happy Waldo in his striped shirt. *Sob!* Cobra troopers! *Sniff* Rainbow clones! *Boo-hoo* Several figures that look exactly like movie figures but that I've made unsupported claims about regarding how out of place they look!:cry:"

plasticfetish
08-06-2006, 01:35 AM
I'd only be interested in the character if I thought he looked cool.The interesting thing about this character (and to be clear, this one wasn't my choice... I voted for Malak), is that it really could end up looking like anything. The photo that we're seeing is how the character looks in various flashbacks, before his/her true identity (which ends up being you) is revealed.

I know this was mentioned before, but there's a great deal of reference to the Mandalorians, their armor, etc. in the game...

Tycho
08-06-2006, 01:31 PM
HASBRO WILL MAKE WILROW HOOD (ICMG)!

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1154736200,10602,

Originally posted by HASBRO: **OK, it was cruel perhaps to include him (and Yarna) among a group that we would obviously never do. We WILL do Willrow eventually, but there is no timetable for his debut. In any case, it won't be in the 2007 line which is already put to bed.

Translation: ICMG fans annoyed them so badly that they're going to have to find a way to make us shut up!

Let the "let's bug Hasbro for an obscure character that will never get produced" crowd move on to Nyrat Agira :love:

I think the war for ICMG is that much closer to being won (Yarna too - for all you big girl fans).

figrin bran
08-06-2006, 05:35 PM
i'd like a Nyrat Agira! ;)

Tycho
08-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Here's Nyrat Agira and friends:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/explore/attack/2002/10/imageattack20021025.html

Actually, I'd propose a 3-pack or Battle Pack with them in it.

I like Immi Danoo and Rosha Vess, too. Immi's really looking like my kind of girl. Nyrat has the hair that would make a great figure sculpt though!

Maybe for a 8-pack:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Zam Wessel
Elan Sleezebagano
Nyrat Agira
Immi Danoo
Rosha Vess
Ackmed Bech
Dani Faytooni

I forgot Aay Vida, but I'm a little tired of Twi'lek girls unless they make Ann and Tan Gella (Sebulba's blue massage girls from TPM).

They also need to give us the Outlander bartender (not really seen in AOTC actually) and there are others from the club that could be mined for action figures.

However poorly she sold at one point, Zam hasn't been in the toy stores for over 3 years (as a new release anyway). Obi-Wan's AOTC figures are not often seen except in Clone Wars Battle Packs. The bar parts included with him and Sleezebagano are needed, as are the stools or tables with Faytooni and Ackmed - none of that wave was produced in high numbers or found in stores for very long. It was the end of the 2003 line before the POTC collection hit (Yarua, Rabe, etc.) and then 2004 focused on Classic Star Wars.

Club Outlander could be a good prequel focus point in the years to come if we're finally getting the rest of the Cantina and Jabba's Palace and Droid Factory figures. Hasbro just answered on JediDefender (I think) about concerns for background humans who were very non-descript from Cloud City etc. - Which is exactly why ICMG's Ice Cream Maker has him stand out from the crowd - no one else is doing anything as original. There's one woman I can spot on Cloud City, and someone that looks a lot like the EU Cloud Car's EU Pilot - but that's mainly it save for Bespin Security Guards and Ugnaughts. Treva Horme does not appear to have a screen cut - but the Encyclopedia and other resources that picture her make her another good Cloud City must-have if we're mining the bottom of the barrel.

But anyway, Nyrat, Immi, and Rosha would make great figures if they aren't as preposed as Rystall, Lin Mae, and Greeta were. But how could they be? The ROTJ girls were dancers. The AOTC girls are just "club-goers." - unless the EU has devised other occupations for them ;)

Anyway, I left Anakin out of the Outlander box set on purpose - he didn't do anything in the bar really accept act arrogant, and he'd sell plenty of figures as a single-card. (Obi-Wan would too, but we need his bar section and a hero character in the pack).

Mad Slanted Powers
08-06-2006, 07:22 PM
What bothers me is if these video game and EU characters take the place of movie characters in a given year of collecting. Keep them in their own lines and don't take away figures from the movie line. Have seperate EU/Video game polls from movie poll. Quit mixing them.I don't see it as necessarily taking away a spot for a movie figure. The ROTS line had 68 figures, while the TSC line is going to have 74. The TSC line had EU figures, yet we still got a lot of good new figures and improved resculpts, along with the usual batch of repacks, repaints and kit-bashed figures. And this was a non-movie year. If it is true that EU figures are taking the place of movie figures, placing them in a separate line won't change that. They may just decide to make the regular line smaller. The 2003 Saga line had fewer movie figures than 2002 because they cut it short and made the last couple of waves Clone Wars figures. Which brings me to Tycho's post:

However poorly she sold at one point, Zam hasn't been in the toy stores for over 3 years (as a new release anyway). Obi-Wan's AOTC figures are not often seen except in Clone Wars Battle Packs. The bar parts included with him and Sleezebagano are needed, as are the stools or tables with Faytooni and Ackmed - none of that wave was produced in high numbers or found in stores for very long. It was the end of the 2003 line before the POTC collection hit (Yarua, Rabe, etc.) and then 2004 focused on Classic Star Wars.The 2003 Saga line was cut short for Clone Wars figures. The 2004 Saga line was about half of 2003's, and then OTC took over. Anyway, you are correct that those late 2003 figures, except for Achk Med-Beq and some Imperial Dignitaries, were hard to find.

2-1B
08-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Most of the characters on that list make me giggle.

I hope they do take notice and make a Yarna and Hermie.

plasticfetish
08-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Translation: ICMG fans annoyed them so badly that they're going to have to find a way to make us shut up!...or, Translation: we were going to make him anyway as a surprise, but the lot of you have been such a bunch of humorless crybabies, that we decided to give up the secret early.

Luuuuuuke
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
...or, Translation: we were going to make him anyway as a surprise, but the lot of you have been such a bunch of humorless crybabies, that we decided to give up the secret early.

Yup, that sounds about right. Who says crying doesn't get you anywhere?

Phantom-like Menace
08-06-2006, 09:31 PM
So, when are we getting our Bea Arthur figure from the Christmas Special? Also, duodenum, chimichanga, and love to the Olsen Twins.

DarthQuack
08-06-2006, 09:47 PM
That would be the hottest 3 pack ever...

plasticfetish
08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Who says crying doesn't get you anywhere?I... suppose you have a point there.

So, when are we getting our Bea Arthur figure from the Christmas Special?(plasticfetish spits coffee on self while reading this, thankful that it didn't come out his nose.)

figrin bran
08-06-2006, 11:51 PM
So, when are we getting our Bea Arthur figure from the Christmas Special? Also, duodenum, chimichanga, and love to the Olsen Twins.

what if hasbro said it was in the works for 2008? :shocked:

Phantom-like Menace
08-07-2006, 12:29 AM
what if hasbro said it was in the works for 2008? :shocked:

I can already see my friends giving me the Bea Arthur/Ackmena and Wilford Brimley/Noa Centrum Silver Anniversary Figure set as a gag gift. I imagine that will also be the day I plead with Hasbro not to let Fans have a choice anymore.

Rogue II
08-07-2006, 08:23 AM
The interesting thing about this character (and to be clear, this one wasn't my choice... I voted for Malak), is that it really could end up looking like anything. The photo that we're seeing is how the character looks in various flashbacks, before his/her true identity (which ends up being you) is revealed.

I know this was mentioned before, but there's a great deal of reference to the Mandalorians, their armor, etc. in the game...

Why did you post a picture of a Cylon?;) :D

See, FB, it doesn't always have to be GI Joe.lol

figrin bran
08-07-2006, 10:20 AM
*applause for Rogue II!* :p

not only would i buy a cylon figure, i'd army build them.

re: the bea arthur figure, on GH's hasbro Q&A, they said "Generally, there is nothing off limits. However, we select figures based on the overall desirability and interest we think they will have. The Holiday Special has a few cool elements, but overall I don't think most collectors want to see us do too much with it. Nor does Lucasfilm!"

TheDarthVader
08-07-2006, 10:27 AM
The squeaky wheel is going to get the grease! I guess it goes to show...

Anyway, I am glad that they are going to eventually make Yarna and possibly Hermie. I am also going to buy the ICMG when he comes out. This is great news.

Rogue II
08-07-2006, 11:29 AM
*applause for Rogue II!* :p

not only would i buy a cylon figure, i'd army build them.[/I]

That picture brought on one of those toy flashbacks for me. I had one of those Cylon when I was a kid. Compared to the SW line, that thing was heavy. Anyway, I don't watch the new BSG, but the picture of the new Cylons look even closer to the image PF posted.

For my next trick I may try using something from Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon.;)

Phantom-like Menace
08-07-2006, 11:32 AM
The Holiday Special has a few cool elements

Wow, I imagine they wanted to say, "The Holiday Special gave us nightmares and stunk up the room," but recent attempts at deriding certain elements of the Star Wars mythos caused them to seek a diplomatic answer.

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 07:24 PM
i think that with the percentages being so low, they should've held another round of voting with maybe just the top 10 or 5
I was expecting the top three or so to carry much more of the vote. Maybe there should have been another round of voting to pare down the selection and then we could see a real difference between some of these characters. One tenth of a percent in some situations doesn't really tell me one character is so much more wanted than another.I completely agree with that sentiment, when nearly half their top list reports under 3% - and the best is a scant 11% - it's hard to take any of those entries seriously.

i'm still surprised that out of the people that voted for a KOTOR character, revan had the most votes.Yeah, it's not even a title available on all 3 major consoles, just xbox - the middle market-share-holder of the 3 consoles at the time of the title's release - and later PC and Mac, I don't see how this thing won without shenanigans. A lot of SW fans like myself have never heard of the character, and on these forums, from 2001 to 6 months ago there was a staggering 6 posts with "Revan" in them.

That really wasn't my point. I don't care if you are or aren't familiar with the character, it's just that you're forming an opinion based on nothing, and that's not exactly fair.That's inaccurate, he's forming his opinion based on the look of the character, and on the fact that this character ISN'T accessible to many Star Wars fans, and I think that's perfectly valid criteria considering Hasbro's going to be asking him to buy one.

Having never read a Star Wars novel, I could just as easiy do the same thing for any of those characters...And you'd be right to, it takes a lot to ingrain these characters into the greater Star Wars fandom, the less ingrained they are, the less their chances are going to be that they'll sell and thus usurp portions of the line from the greater market.

Tycho
08-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Well, I agree about Darth Revan.

But I think people here who have never read a novel or comic can GUESS who Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin Solo are. That's a pretty easy one. And they've become the next generation of Star Wars characers with a lot better luck than Rodimus Prime brought to his franchise.

plasticfetish
08-07-2006, 08:05 PM
That's inaccurate, he's forming his opinion based on the look of the character, and on the fact that this character ISN'T accessible to many Star Wars fans, and I think that's perfectly valid criteria considering Hasbro's going to be asking him to buy one.Oh please... how many silly looking Star Wars characters would you buy if you didn't know who they were? And not only is KOTOR completely accessible to many Star Wars fans, but the fact that the game has sold millions and millions of copies proves that it's popular. Besides... Hasbro isn't asking "him" to buy the figure, they're selling to the KOTOR fans... the one's that obviously voted for this figure to win.

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Oh please... how many silly looking Star Wars characters would you buy if you didn't know who they were? You're talking to the wrong collector there, I've not bought MOVIE figures even knowing who they are, look at all the prequel Jedi I didn't buy, look at J'quille and Tanus Spijek and the Saga midget Hoth Rebel Trooper, so fringe EU stuff like this is definitely way further on the bubble in my collection but I still buy what I like first and foremost, which is why I own Durge and Asajj Ventress but not Ep 3 Mace Windu.

And not only is KOTOR completely accessible to many Star Wars fans, but the fact that the game has sold millions and millions of copies proves that it's popular. Besides... Hasbro isn't asking "him" to buy the figure, they're selling to the KOTOR fans... the one's that obviously voted for this figure to win.Ah, but they are asking "him" to buy it, they're putting it in their regular Star Wars action figure line, they *DO* want 3 3/4" Star Wars collectors to buy this figure even if the only reason is it has a red lightsaber and the word "Darth" on the packaging.

figrin bran
08-07-2006, 09:51 PM
That picture brought on one of those toy flashbacks for me. I had one of those Cylon when I was a kid. Compared to the SW line, that thing was heavy. Anyway, I don't watch the new BSG, but the picture of the new Cylons look even closer to the image PF posted.

For my next trick I may try using something from Buck Rogers or Flash Gordon.;)

i take it you haven't seen these cylons! :p

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/interviews/grace_park_13.jpg

http://battlestar.ugo.com/images/girls/tricia_helfer/large/tricia_helfer_1.jpg

Mad Slanted Powers
08-07-2006, 11:14 PM
At the time KOTOR was released, I had N64 and Playstation 1. I was interested in getting an X-box, because KOTOR seemed like a cool game. However, there were a lot of Star Wars games coming out on the new consoles so I wanted to be sure I picked the right console, because I really couldn't afford to get more than one at the time. Then they had a deal on an X-Box that came with Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds, so I bought it and I bought KOTOR. I also had noticed that almost every Star Wars console game was available on X-Box. The exceptions were Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike, Bounty Hunter, and maybe one of the Starfighter games. So, it seems that if you wanted to play Star Wars games, the X-Box was the way to go (Though I still would like to have tried Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike).

I spent a few weeks playing through KOTOR. The gameplay was a bit repetitive, but I really liked the way I was immersed into the Star Wars universe. Some great characters and a decent story. I would have picked Bastila instead as well, but maybe we shall see that character made someday.

http://battlestar.ugo.com/images/girls/tricia_helfer/large/tricia_helfer_1.jpgYeah, I think I'd get this action figure.

El Chuxter
08-07-2006, 11:43 PM
I also had noticed that almost every Star Wars console game was available on X-Box. The exceptions were Rogue Leader, Rebel Strike, Bounty Hunter, and maybe one of the Starfighter games. So, it seems that if you wanted to play Star Wars games, the X-Box was the way to go (Though I still would like to have tried Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike).

Also Super Bombad Racing. :D

My wife got me a GameCube based upon the recommendation of a friend. I'm glad she did. Although it seems to be getting short shrift lately, I wouldn't pass on Rogue Leader at all.

PF, I understand that millions of people bought KOTOR. But what percentage of those folks collect SW figures?

Phantom-like Menace
08-08-2006, 12:00 AM
Xbox's popularity aside, KotOR was very popular. My roommate at the time was only a casual Star Wars fan and he played it more than I did.

i take it you haven't seen these cylons! :p

http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/interviews/grace_park_13.jpg

http://battlestar.ugo.com/images/girls/tricia_helfer/large/tricia_helfer_1.jpg

I'd army build those.

El Chuxter
08-08-2006, 12:02 AM
Cylons are not women. Sorry. Cylons are big nasty robot bruisers who look like the love children of Darth Vader and Destro.

Oh, and Battlestar Galactica ended over 20 years ago.

Why is the new pretender Battlestar Galactica on DVD and not Harry and the Hendersons? Dude, WTF?

Tycho
08-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Hey dude, real science fiction classics like ALF are available on DVD though.

stad
08-08-2006, 12:58 AM
PF, I understand that millions of people bought KOTOR. But what percentage of those folks collect SW figures?

Well, I really can't answer that, it would probably be quite low. BUT, I would guess the percentage of people that voted for it that collect SW figures would be fairly high, considering the poll was on a toy collector web site.

figrin bran
08-08-2006, 01:39 AM
well, cylons can also be men in addition to women. or they can be your traditional "toaster" robots.
and if by "pretender", you mean the best series currently on tv then you are right :p

or put it this way, we'll be lucky if the SW TV series is anywhere near as good as BSG.

Phantom-like Menace
08-08-2006, 02:46 AM
or put it this way, we'll be lucky if the SW TV series is anywhere near as good as BSG.

Yeah, some of us are going to be sorely ****ed when The Young Luke Chronicles turns out to be sixty minutes a week of Luke yelling yippy, complaining about sand and trying to hit on girls by asking them if they're angels. Some of us, though, saw it coming.

Edit: It censors ****ed? How quaint.

plasticfetish
08-08-2006, 02:54 PM
PF, I understand that millions of people bought KOTOR. But what percentage of those folks collect SW figures?I suppose you're right, the same kind of man-boys that collect Star Wars toys aren't nearly the same kind that play the Star Wars video games. :silly:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
I suppose you're right, the same kind of man-boys that collect Star Wars toys aren't nearly the same kind that play the Star Wars video games. :silly:I'm a man-child that collects action figures AND plays video games! :yes: :thumbsup:

plasticfetish
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry, what did you say? I've been busy playing video games...

;)

plasticfetish
12-07-2006, 02:17 AM
What?!? Steve puts up a photo of the Fan Choice figure (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=505) and no one has anything to say?

Here is my first thought... all of you haters can s**k it! This thing looks great, even if we're only seeing a pinky mouse colored prototype so far.

Darth Cruel
12-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Cylons are not women. Sorry. Cylons are big nasty robot bruisers who look like the love children of Darth Vader and Destro.

Oh, and Battlestar Galactica ended over 20 years ago.

Why is the new pretender Battlestar Galactica on DVD and not Harry and the Hendersons? Dude, WTF?

Ooh...sorry to have to disagree with you on this one. The new BSG is WAAAAAYYYYY better than the rickety old one. I love the old one in a similar way to the love I have for an old comfortable pair of Levi's 501s that are too full of holes to actually wear anymore. But the new BSG has better SE, better ship design, better acting...and lets see...Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck or Dirk Benedict...ummm...Katee.

abell748
12-07-2006, 06:27 AM
As a fan of the game, I liked the prototype pics. He is looking better than I thought he would. I just want to see a painted version. I still can't wait to get him. My 7 years old also thought he "kicked butt", and wants Revan so that he can beat down his Galactic Heroes with him.

El Chuxter
12-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Here is my first thought... all of you haters can s**k it! This thing looks great, even if we're only seeing a pinky mouse colored prototype so far.

Agreed that it looks nice. But I still have no interest. McFarlane and NECA put out tons of toys that I admire, but I don't buy them. :)

dindae
12-07-2006, 08:40 AM
I like the figure and I will pick it up. The video game figures are really low on figures I want. I think I put them right above Star Tours figures, but below Holiday figures.

Rogue II
12-07-2006, 03:04 PM
That one preview pic of Darth Revean almost looks like a certain part of the female anatomy.

El Chuxter
12-07-2006, 03:45 PM
Or the leader of a ruthless terrorist group determined to rule the world!

Rogue II
12-07-2006, 03:56 PM
I think certain readers are tired of my comparison of various EU characters to GI Joe. Not that it is stopping me, I just would like more of a challange.

If you don't know what part of the anatomy I'm talking about, you probably have trouble finding it.

plasticfetish
12-07-2006, 05:45 PM
Or the leader of a ruthless terrorist group determined to rule the world!The Salvation Army?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2006, 05:52 PM
It looks pretty good, at least better than I thought it would. I'm looking forward to seeing some painted shots now.

2-1B
12-07-2006, 06:24 PM
What?!? Steve puts up a photo of the Fan Choice figure (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=505) and no one has anything to say?

Indeed, what an awesome new GI Joe figure they are making there ! ! ! :grin:

figrin bran
12-07-2006, 10:32 PM
That one preview pic of Darth Revean almost looks like a certain part of the female anatomy.

that's fine since Revan was always a female when i played the game.

2-1B
12-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Did I say G.I. Joe ? I meant Dr. Doom.

Phantom-like Menace
12-07-2006, 11:33 PM

It is pretty cool. I didn't vote for him, and though I was planning to grudgingly pick him up, now I just plan to pick him up.

jedi master sal
12-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I think it's a good figure. Okay so it could be something out of G.I.Joe. So what. If you're a Joe collector, then you've got another fig if you choose.

To me, I think it's going to be an excellent addition to our collections. Not neccessarily for the figure itself (though I dig it), but that it will be the harbinger of things to come. Notably the rest of the KOTOR cast and some minor and background characters from the game.

-Sal

Rogue II
12-08-2006, 09:39 AM
Did I say G.I. Joe ? I meant Dr. Doom.

I believe you did.

DarkArtist
12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
this figure looks sweet, i wonder if there are going to be two version of it though. from what i read isn't Darth Raven both seen as a woman and a man (never played the game as I don't have Xbox).

JediTricks
12-08-2006, 08:02 PM

Here is my first thought... all of you haters can s**k it! This thing looks great, even if we're only seeing a pinky mouse colored prototype so far.At this point, I'm in total "who cares" mode about this thing, it has no appeal at all in my collecting universe at this point.

Ooh...sorry to have to disagree with you on this one. The new BSG is WAAAAAYYYYY better than the rickety old one. I love the old one in a similar way to the love I have for an old comfortable pair of Levi's 501s that are too full of holes to actually wear anymore. But the new BSG has better SE, better ship design, better acting...and lets see...Katee Sackhoff as Starbuck or Dirk Benedict...ummm...Katee.Chux is an old fuddy-duddy, can't accept that life went on after BSG or Transformers G1, there's no way to argue with it because his arguments for them don't actually exist in our universe, they're just windows into a parallel dimension where the '80s never ended. ;)

Tycho
12-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Newsflash: the 80's ended? Where was I when this happened?

Nah. You guys are just joking. I'll go back to listening to heavy metal now and keep discussing Transformers with Chux.

You guys knock your Cybertrons out.

2-1B
12-08-2006, 08:48 PM
I believe you did.

I believe you're right. lol

Darth Cruel
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM
At this point, I'm in total "who cares" mode about this thing, it has no appeal at all in my collecting universe at this point.

Chux is an old fuddy-duddy, can't accept that life went on after BSG or Transformers G1, there's no way to argue with it because his arguments for them don't actually exist in our universe, they're just windows into a parallel dimension where the '80s never ended. ;)

So Chux has big hair band vinyl albums playing all the time and tries to follow along on his synthesizer while dancing the Cabbage Patch and watching looping VHS copies of Blue Lagoon and Endless Love on his VCR in a pair of Guess jeans?

I believe you're right. lol

I think you guys need to find a better character to insult Darth Revan with. Darth Vader looks more like Dr Doom than Darth Revan does.

this figure looks sweet, i wonder if there are going to be two version of it though. from what i read isn't Darth Raven both seen as a woman and a man (never played the game as I don't have Xbox).

I am curious...is it the case that the Darth Revan figure appears as a Male or Female depending on what gender the character is that the game-player uses for the game? And if so, why? Does the game-player BECOME Darth Revan in the end?

Edit - Oh, and by the way. I like the figure so much right now, that I may open one to display even though I think it will have limited articulation due to the robes and will basically have to be stood as a statue. The jury will be out on a final opinion until I get one in my hands, but the preliminary shots look as good as any mainstream character I have seen. Even my beloved super-articulated Clone Troopers.

With any luck, this will lead to some SA Sith Troopers from the game to back Darth Revan up. (I started the game, but got stuck playing the card game in the tunnels under the City because I think it is fun, I play it from time-to-time like I would Solitaire when I want to kill time, sad, huh?).

El Chuxter
12-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey, I never liked the old BSG, either. My wife did, and she says the new one sucks. Nothing personal, but I trust her more than anyone here.

Except for Caesar.

Darth Cruel
12-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey, I never liked the old BSG, either. My wife did, and she says the new one sucks. Nothing personal, but I trust her more than anyone here.

Except for Caesar.

OK...I can certainly understand how Katee Sackhoff would have less appeal than Dirk Benedict to a fan if that fan is a lady.

plasticfetish
12-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I am curious...is it the case that the Darth Revan figure appears as a Male or Female depending on what gender the character is that the game-player uses for the game? And if so, why? Does the game-player BECOME Darth Revan in the end?You build a character at the start of the game from a template sort of thing, and one of the choices is male or female. At the start, you can't exactly remember who you are -- it's the old "lost your memory, but it's slowly coming back to you" as the game moves along idea. You're also allowed to make "light side" or "dark side" decisions, that will determine how the game plays out.

At some point you figure out that you're really Revan, and you have a choice to either be a "good guy/gal" or go back to being evil. It's corny but fun... typical Star Wars.

I'm still interested to see if the mask comes off also, and if they're going to pick one face, or use a variety.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
OK...I can certainly understand how Katee Sackhoff would have less appeal than Dirk Benedict to a fan if that fan is a lady.I'm a guy, but Katee doesn't really appeal to me. I think I like Cally better.

2-1B
12-09-2006, 05:30 PM
I think you guys need to find a better character to insult Darth Revan with. Darth Vader looks more like Dr Doom than Darth Revan does.

no he doesn't.

Droid
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Of the winners from last time, which ones are still unmade?

1. Quinlan Vos* (11.4%)
2. Darth Revan* (8.1%)
4. Darth Nihilus (6.6%)
5. Bastila Shan (6.5%)
7. HK-47 (5%)
8. Willrow Hood (5%)
9. Hermi Odle (4.3%)
11. Commander Neyo (3%)
12. Darth Malak (3%)
14. Corran Horn (2.8%)
17. Kyle Katarn (2.2%)
18. Exar Kun (2%)
20. Nom Anor (2%)
21. Kir Kanos* (1.5%)
22. Darth Maul (1.4%)
23. Jaina Solo (1.3%)
24. Anakin Solo (.8%)
25. Jacen Solo (.8%)

I thought Bastila Shan, Padme Funeral, and Nom Anor might be the only ones left. Is that true?

DarkArtist
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Of the winners from last time, which ones are still unmade?

1. Quinlan Vos* (11.4%)
2. Darth Revan* (8.1%)
4. Darth Nihilus (6.6%)
5. Bastila Shan (6.5%)
7. HK-47 (5%)
8. Willrow Hood (5%)
9. Hermi Odle (4.3%)
11. Commander Neyo (3%)
12. Darth Malak (3%)
14. Corran Horn (2.8%)
17. Kyle Katarn (2.2%)
18. Exar Kun (2%)
20. Nom Anor (2%)
21. Kir Kanos* (1.5%)
22. Darth Maul (1.4%)
23. Jaina Solo (1.3%)
24. Anakin Solo (.8%)
25. Jacen Solo (.8%)

I thought Bastila Shan, Padme Funeral, and Nom Anor might be the only ones left. Is that true?

Anakin Solo, Padme Funeral, Nom Anor, Exar Kun, Darth Nihilus and Bastila Shan i think.

Droid
12-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Anakin Solo, Padme Funeral, Nom Anor, Exar Kun, Darth Nihilus and Bastila Shan i think.

I know Darth Nihilus was in an Evolutions pack.

Tycho
12-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Mara Jade Skywalker hasn't been presented as a Jedi, only as the Emperor's Hand (via 2 sculpts: '98 and 2007 in a comic 2-pack)

JediTricks
02-12-2012, 07:40 PM
This Fans Choice poll is now officially down to 2 unmade figures: Anakin Solo and dead Padme. Impressive!

El Chuxter
02-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Realistically, we'd never see Dead Padme. Padme in that outfit, though, might be possible.

Mad Slanted Powers
02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Perhaps they could make the first Star Wars figure with eyelid articulation so that you could close her eyes. The package could say, "With exciting sleeping action feature!"

Bel-Cam Jos
02-18-2012, 02:02 PM
And a separate accessory of a broken heart? With a mail-away for a map to "A Path I Cannot Follow"?

Is this all true? I quote Anakin: "LIAR!"