PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants to Be a Superhero? show

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
(this was originally in the Comics/Books section, but since it's a TV show, I moved it)

As a rule, I hate "reality" television, but this show is so un-real and comic book cheesy, that I have found myself interested in it. Stan Lee is trying to bring a return of the true hero, not the anti-hero that has become popular in recent times.

Some details:

- decent costumes, with some "huh?"-level ones too
- same for hero names (Cell Phone Girl? :confused: )
- almost 10 minutes enduring attack dogs while trying to finish a task (most were under 1 minute)
- creating a villain out of an off-the-team hero (that was unscripted, right? :rolleyes: )

Check it out. It's bad, but it's kinda good also! Sci-Fi Channel has new episodes on Thursday nights.

DarthQuack
08-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I had seen a bunch of previews but haven't tuned in yet, I'll have to DVR it.

JediTricks
08-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I watched the first eps last week, and although many parts were cringingly awful and embarassing, there was an underlying truth to what they were doing as well. I think Stan Lee or whomever is making the decisions on who to cut and who to chide for their behavior is a little unfair with Levity getting cut simply because he makes custom action figures for a living, and calling out Tyveculus simply because he didn't want to disappoint Stan the Man - although Stan Lee even said it wasn't quite right, so he should have used that for an out (his original costume was WAY cooler than that ridiculous thing they made him, I'm assuming they did so on purpose to test the other superheroes). Cell Phone Girl had nothing to offer, I dunno why they kept her from the auditions. That Rotiart bit was pretty good, very comic-booky. Dark Enforcer's costume was easily the coolest one of the bunch. Feedback's costume reminds me a lot of Captain Amazing from Mystery Men.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2006, 03:54 PM
I watched the first eps last week, and although many parts were cringingly awful and embarassing, there was an underlying truth to what they were doing as well. I think Stan Lee or whomever is making the decisions on who to cut and who to chide for their behavior is a little unfair ... - although Stan Lee even said it wasn't quite right, so he should have used that for an out (his original costume was WAY cooler than that ridiculous thing they made him, I'm assuming they did so on purpose to test the other superheroes). ... That Rotiart bit was pretty good, very comic-booky. Dark Enforcer's costume was easily the coolest one of the bunch. ...All this series needs is a credit for an inker; I see this as quite scripted (and that's probably why I like it). There are no "fake because there's a camera nearby" actions, because it's ALL scripted (well, maybe not the 10-minute Monkey Girl dog effort). I was talking to the TV (it didn't answer back... :cry: ) that Iron Enforcer would be an awesome villain for the show, and I've correctly predicted all the "turn in your costume" selections so far. This is quite "comic-booky," and I like that aspect. (when will there be a cross-over with Stargate SG-1? ;) ).

LTBasker
08-04-2006, 04:17 PM
*stares and smacks bel with a P90* That was just mean. :p

I haven't been keeping much track of it but found Trivicular or whatever's costume change the best part of it. It was so hilariously horrible that he was a moron to even think about saying anything decent about it- the helmet didn't even fit him properly!

Looking at some of the other costumes, I doubt there is anyway it was meant seriously considering he goes from cool looking armor to some plush spartan thing. You could see every expression he was holding back, you could even see him choking on the (likely scripted) bull he was about to spew. :D

Iron Enforcer was pretty predictable to become a super villain for the show, but I hope they don't concentrate too much on him. He's funny for awhile, then just gets on your nerves.

Overall, I'm thinking the one whos gonna win will probably be the red/black costumed guy, Major Victory I think?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2006, 09:02 AM
*stares and smacks bel with a P90* That was just mean. :p

Overall, I'm thinking the one whos gonna win will probably be the red/black costumed guy, Major Victory I think?And what's the proper comic book sound effect for that smack I took? *urrf!* ? *thuuck!* ? *urgg!* ? :D

Remember that the "prize" for this series is having the winner by in a comic of his/her/its/their (?? hmm...) own. I think Monkey Girl has the most potential for an actual storyline, she looks pretty good, and that dog effort will stick in Stan's mind for a while. My vote's for her.

kool-aid killer
08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Major Victory is so blatently cheesy hes hilarious. Like when he was running to that purple thing and stopped to "rescue" the girl, i laughed. I thought Iron Enforcer was dorky, plus he reminds me of a poor mans version of the actor that played Hellboy. I think it would be funny if Fat Momma won.

jonthejedi
08-06-2006, 03:56 AM
My wife is hooked, now, since the tag team dog incident with Monkey Woman. I think Major Victory, who seems like he just stepped out of The Incredibles, will take it, though. Feedback is interesting...could go either way. Iron Enforcer, the Vin Diesel wannabee, is a good fit for Super Villain, since his "roomies" don't seem to care for him very much.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Someone I chat with on MySpace knows Feedback and The Dark Enforcer as well as another one of the guys. I can't remember which one.

JediTricks
08-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Major Victory is so blatently cheesy hes hilarious. Like when he was running to that purple thing and stopped to "rescue" the girl, i laughed. Yeah, but do you believe he stopped because it was the right thing to do or because he realized it was part of the game? To me, he's silly but I almost buy him as "the one" out of this group, he seems pretty genuine about the motivations BEYOND the silliness, and the silliness is pretty funny to boot. :D The dancing and the hair-flip in the one you mentioned were cheap goofs, but he went RIGHT to that kid when he saw her crying.

LTBasker
08-08-2006, 10:57 AM
I think he mentioned he's doing the superhero thing to get closer to his daughter, so I think if he really didn't know the crying girl was the objective that he paid attention to her because of the daughter thing.

JEDIpartner
08-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Still... he acted on his instincts and they were correct! :)

Banthaholic
08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Saw for the first time tonight, and I might be hooked. Was definitely glad to see Cell Phone girl go, as I just didn't get it. Especially I tried my best line, while calling uncle after 4 seconds.

We enjoyed watching Fat Mamma get mauled by the dogs. Her food scheme was crafty, but maybe if the food would have been steaks.

I see Capatin Victory as the one to beat. He has that Superhero look to him.

JediTricks
08-09-2006, 06:45 PM
I didn't get Cell-Phone Girl either, she seemed to have no direction for her superhero and tapped out really easy. Then her whining afterwards about her head, she could at least have tried to better explain that weakness.

LTBasker
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm watching the first episode all the way through for the first time, was anyone else weirded by the fact that the only two superhero references Stan Lee mentioned were DC characters?

JediTricks
08-10-2006, 06:09 PM
I noticed that, I suspect Lee himself is not allowed to use those character names, or perhaps he considers Marvel to be too good to mention here - though I doubt it. You'll notice that in his "office" they always show him from, there's a big picture of Stripperella who he created with Pam Anderson and is not controlled by Marvel.

Was anybody else shocked by some of Stan Lee's reactions, yelling at them for partying in the first ep (yeah, like the producers didn't stage that in the first place) and getting "appalled" when they didn't stop for that little girl? I mean, he's right, but it was shocking to see him react negatively with such a show of temper.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm watching the first episode all the way through for the first time, was anyone else weirded by the fact that the only two superhero references Stan Lee mentioned were DC characters?I heard him reference Spider-Man and Green Goblin, when speaking to Iron/Dark Enforcer.

Oddly enough, he then mentioned Turner D. Century and Slyde. :eek: :rolleyes:

LTBasker
08-10-2006, 08:16 PM
AAAAAANNNND THE BUTTKISSER IS GONE!!

Granted, with the exception of the kiss-up attitude to Stan he was one of the better candidates but after seeing his costume change episode again I just wanted him gone. Now if they would get rid of Creature it would be truly nail-biting during future eliminations.

I'm surprised they eliminated Monkey Woman though considering that Creature didn't even introduce herself as her hero name, she just outright said her whole name. Also, IIRC, Monkey Woman only said her first name like Major Victory. That definitely should've put Creature ahead of her on getting eliminated- at least Monkey Woman has shown effort compared to Creature.

Did anybody else find it strange that their very hyped "super villain" was helping them up on the platform so...nicely?

"HAHAHAH! FOR I HAVE HELPED YOU! NOW FOR MY MOST DEVIOUS PLAN- I SHALL HELP AN OLD WOMAN ACROSS THE STREET AND THE WORLD WILL BE MINE! MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Banthaholic
08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
I was not happy with either of todays evictions. Monkey Women shouldn't have gone home on that one, giving a first name is bad but not as bad as showing your drivers license with name and address on it :) So what if she's an actress, maybe she also does real estate. From my understanding most people trying to get in the business have other jobs until they do.

I think Fat Mama's attitude at the end might cost her in the future, she's sounding more like a villain with her 'revenge' statement than a super-hero.

jedimom
08-11-2006, 09:28 AM
With Monkey Woman it was more about her lying about being an actress than about the name. Thing is, ALL of them have had bit parts in shows here and there except Fat Momma, so they better all watch their butts.

I was sad to see Ty leave. I liked him. Plus I think he and Momma were the only ones who TRULY completed the assignment. I think the rest did the self-sacrifice thing just so they wouldn't have to actually say anything bad about each other and save their own butts.

I really don't understand the beef between Fat Momma and Lemuria though

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2006, 05:45 PM
I really don't understand the beef between Fat Momma and Lemuria thoughSee: Wolverine vs. Cyclops, Dark Knight Batman vs. Supes. It creates a storyline. Most of the "conflict" on the show is scripted.

My choice (Monkey Woman) is gone. And there's NO WAY THAT A REMOVED CONTESTANT CAN RETURN, darn it! This episode had me surprised at times (I couldn't believe they'd endanger them over a ledge and they didn't, the food test kind of caught me off-guard at first, etc.). I just think that the comic book will reference several of the heroes in it, which will be a cop-out way to "reward" those removed from the show.

jedimom
08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
I always thought the Steel Enforcer was totally scripted, especially after the dogs. Who would stop 12 inches form the door? Of course, it was, so he could be the Dark Enforcer. It does seem like alot of the rest is scripted too

JediTricks
08-12-2006, 11:22 PM
I was really disappointed with this ep, the eliminations seem to be chosen arbitrarily and the tasks were unfair - they DO have real lives after all. I knew they were gonna do a fakeout with the beam, you can feel when you're really that far off the ground you know. All in all, a disappointing entry.

And the Helpful Enforcer was way lame, and his costume wasn't as cool when we got a better look at it.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2006, 08:50 AM
And the Helpful Enforcer was way lame, and his costume wasn't as cool when we got a better look at it.When I saw his "introduction" on the previous episode (think of his '60s era tagline: "living in a van, away from the river, the villain emerges to wreak havoc on suspecting pre-heroes" ), I first thought of the masks on that old Buck Rogers TV series where the people on the planet were all clones and wore the masks to not drive themselves insane.

Also, he kept calling Stan "boss," like some henchman of a Batman villain. Real scary... :sleeping: or does that make Stan the villain? But I still liked this episode overall.

kool-aid killer
08-15-2006, 10:59 AM
I really don't understand the beef between Fat Momma and Lemuria though

Fat Momma believes that they (Major Victory, Feedback, Creature, and Lemuria) said they should be the one to go rather than pick someone else to leave because they knew that Stan was expecting them to sacrifice themselves. Fat Momma felt they werent being honest like Tyveculus and herself were. And i think Fat Mommas suspicions were spot on, at least with Lemuria, because if you recall towards the end of the show when Lemuria was being interviewed she said that she knew what Stans trick was and something to the effect of how he would have to try harder to outsmart her.

JediTricks
08-15-2006, 02:30 PM
That's very true with Lemuria, they may have edited that from a totally out-of-context use though, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened on a reality show, but I get the feeling she's in it for the wrong reasons - she never shows any interest in what her superhero is supposed to be about (Cell Phone Girl and Creature are the same way, but at least with Creature I get the feeling she's into the trappings at least). The self-sacrifice challenge was bunk, any fool can fall on his sword, sometimes it takes more strength of character to do what is asked - you can't save everybody, when the choice is "save the little girl or save the bus full of old people" you can't say "take me instead" to get the job done, you have to make a tough choice. I thought it was pretty lame that Ty'Veculus got cut for doing what was asked of him, asked to put himself in Stan's shoes and make a tough decision, especially since of all of them, he's the actual hero being a firefighter and all.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-15-2006, 03:53 PM
The self-sacrifice challenge was bunk, any fool can fall on his sword, sometimes it takes more strength of character to do what is asked - you can't save everybody, when the choice is "save the little girl or save the bus full of old people" you can't say "take me instead" to get the job done, you have to make a tough choice. I thought it was pretty lame that Ty'Veculus got cut for doing what was asked of him, asked to put himself in Stan's shoes and make a tough decision, especially since of all of them, he's the actual hero being a firefighter and all.I agree.

[whisper, whisper]

Oh, I need to elaborate, sorry. I had that same feeling (I actually thought Fat Momma would be gone, since she did an oh-I-guess-I-do-need-to-say-something at the end). Follow directions. If someone says tell me who should be voted off, after a while, people saying the same things makes them typical, and someone who answers honestly would then stand out. Critisism to help a group (like Ty V. did) is a good trait.

I just can't wait for the episode where they have to fight with real weapons, and ONE MUST DIE! :evil: Moo-wah-hahahahahahaha!

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 02:26 PM
A fight to the death would be awesome! Every reality show needs that for their sweeps episode. :D

JEDIpartner
08-16-2006, 02:43 PM
I was really disappointed with Fat Momma at the end of the last episode. I was really rooting for her and Feedback. I liked the two of them the best. Feedback is such a square and is so into the whole thing that I kinda felt like he was "one of us" when we get all gussied up in our Star Wars gear. LOL Fat Momma seemed to have a really good heart and a good nature. Sadly, when she went off on everyone after Tyveculus was let go, I was like, "Awww no you di'n't... you do NOT take that tone with my peeps!" :whip:

kool-aid killer
08-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Now that Tyveculus is gone, im rooting for Major Victory to win. Hes cheesy but its all in good fun. I wont be able to see tonights show, i'll be at work so im going to have to wait for the Sunday night repeat to see how it goes for them.

LTBasker
08-17-2006, 07:34 PM
I am under the impression that Stan Lee needs to be slapped with a 2x4. How on Earth can he justify getting onto Major Victory about removing his cape (which wasn't even essential to his costume) to cover a puddle? I fail to see how removing a cape is related to stripping.

And his comparisons were bogus, would Spidey remove his mask to help people. Well let's watch the train scene of Spider-Man 2. Would Superman remove his cape? Sure, it's not essential to his costume. Completely pointless.

Overall, this seems like a pretty pathetic elimination seeing as these are all trivial things- except maybe Feedback's supposed inconsiderateness towards his wife.

Banthaholic
08-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I didn't care for tonights episode too much. Creature leaving I could handle, but I thought the final three should have been Captain Victory, Luminara, and Feedback. Fat Mamma is a great inspirational story, but I have NO desire to read a comic on her or watch a tv special on her. Any of the other three I'd mention I would.

At times they seem to be picking for Wrong doing. I'd hate to see the dirt they'd have dug up on me if I was on. Yikes, publically kicked off a show for litering in the past. I don't condone nor do I litter but seems a bit picky. She should have said that her mishaped ways of the past have molded her into the need to educate people today.

I got a kick out of Stan laughing about the whole stripping bit. Also the scenes with Feebback & Captain V and the huge Con were hilarious.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I, too, found this episode to be lacking. I am now trained to look for subtle "proof" that the contestants are true superheroes (i.e. how does the camera cover what they're doing). I noticed the "don't walk" hand for Creature and knew she'd be out.

The deal with the convicts was both a good and bad idea. Good: trains them to "deal with" the criminals that heroes fight, adds true reality to this show, requires them have to make quick decisions. Bad: too real, not a real hero-versus-villain matchup, took the fun out of the show and replaced it with pity (or cheesiness, if one saw it that way). I felt that this was the true test, and I felt Lumaria was the bravest (to go first, had the hardest-to-conceal task), but the other 3 hid theirs pretty good.

stillakid
08-18-2006, 10:58 AM
After hearing good things about this show, I tried watching it last night. I made it about five minutes before having to change the channel. "Scripted" and stiff don't seem to adequately describe it. If it was actually interesting and funny, that would be one thing, but it was nigh-boring and just bad. I'd go into details but I don't want to waste anymore of my life on that show. It could have been good, but something went terribly awry somewhere. I think that had they concentrated on real heroes in the real world a little more instead of leaning so heavily on the super part of it, there might be some social relevance to offer. Instead, this thing will be off the air by Xmas if not sooner. Too bad.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2006, 11:06 AM
After hearing good things about this show, I tried watching it last night. I made it about five minutes before having to change the channel. "Scripted" and stiff don't seem to adequately describe it. If it was actually interesting and funny, that would be one thing, but it was nigh-boring and just bad. I'd go into details but I don't want to waste anymore of my life on that show. It could have been good, but something went terribly awry somewhere. I think that had they concentrated on real heroes in the real world a little more instead of leaning so heavily on the super part of it, there might be some social relevance to offer. Instead, this thing will be off the air by Xmas if not sooner. Too bad.Too bad you picked last nignt for your First Collector's Issue. I can't honestly say the other episodes have been Mint in Mylar Bags. I can't see this Limited Series being renewed either, but it's been fun to see it progress.

JediTricks
08-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I am under the impression that Stan Lee needs to be slapped with a 2x4. How on Earth can he justify getting onto Major Victory about removing his cape (which wasn't even essential to his costume) to cover a puddle? I fail to see how removing a cape is related to stripping.What really bothered me was that Stan played it off like he was kidding around, then he goes and puts MV on the chopping block a second later for the same infraction like it was serious.

And his comparisons were bogus, would Spidey remove his mask to help people. Well let's watch the train scene of Spider-Man 2. Would Superman remove his cape? Sure, it's not essential to his costume. Completely pointless.I am sure I've seen Supes wrap up people in his cape for warmth when required.

Overall, this seems like a pretty pathetic elimination seeing as these are all trivial things- except maybe Feedback's supposed inconsiderateness towards his wife.It's his Fortress of Solitude, nobody gives Supes any crap for having all that weird alien junk around in there, I mean the guy has an entire miniaturized city in there plus the access point to the Phantom Zone like they were lost VCR remotes. Everybody needs a little place where they can be a bit messy or do what they want to relax, I don't think it spoke poorly of his character and I think the show is just grasping at straws for reasons to cull these people.

I didn't like this ep much either, Fat Mamma didn't come up with answers I thought could have made her dieting acceptable, and since it's a significant part of her superhero personality I think she should have been cut for it. Creature made an error that got her cut, but on the littering aspect she should have said she learned from her prior mistake - Spidey started his career with selfish mistakes too, he was a wrestler for cold hard cash (really, Major Victory and a couple others should have said this about their mistakes too). But the challenge with the fake prisoners was totally lame, superheroes never go talk to prisoners that I know of and if they did they'd probably have a lot of time to work on what to say to them and how to connect, and if this was meant to be real then they "secret challenge" part completely destroyed it anyway. Too much junk, not enough superhero in this ep, they're looking for the heart of a superhero and nothing shown here at all displayed it.

LTBasker
08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
It's his Fortress of Solitude, nobody gives Supes any crap for having all that weird alien junk around in there, I mean the guy has an entire miniaturized city in there plus the access point to the Phantom Zone like they were lost VCR remotes. Everybody needs a little place where they can be a bit messy or do what they want to relax, I don't think it spoke poorly of his character and I think the show is just grasping at straws for reasons to cull these people.

I didn't mean inconsiderate as in he doesn't pick stuff up, I assume by incosiderate that he's disrespectful to his wife, ie: ignoring her. If it's just lacking in cleaning then that's no big deal and blown out of proportion.

I'm definitely thinking Major Victory is gonna win this, Fat Momma's most likely to be the next elmination and then Feedback, IMO he's too unstable for a hero. MV seems to have had the best attitude out of all of them in not letting anything really get to him

darthvyn
08-21-2006, 11:12 AM
And his comparisons were bogus, would Spidey remove his mask to help people. Well let's watch the train scene of Spider-Man 2. Would Superman remove his cape? Sure, it's not essential to his costume. Completely pointless.

gotta wonder how far in advance these were taped in relation to the identity revelation storyline playing out in spidey - if it's a close timeframe, i could see this as his way of showing his disapproval of that.

all in all, the show's entertaining in the way they all are - like a train wreck. at least this one has the cheesiness it needs to pass through the "really really real" types of shows, and lets us just bask in people being ridiculous for the chance to be on tv. i hate all reality tv, and i watch this one.

JediTricks
08-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Well, that was unbelievably disappointing. Fat Momma took 55 minutes to find Dark Enforcer at the Universal Citywalk - I've been there, it's NOT that big, it's a single corridor half a block long at the most, she could have walked up and down it 3 times over in that amount of time and just spotted the guy without any clues, Stan was right that she wasn't putting any effort into that challenge - yet she survives??? And that stuff with the kids in the classroom, I bet you if that had been secret ballot instead of making them accountable for their votes, Major Victory would have taken it.

LTBasker
08-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Stan Lee called Fat Momma's food gorging as being "in character", I can't believe that. He berates Major Victory for removing his cape to be nice to some old ladies but he excuses Fat Momma being more concerned about getting free food? She's got snacks hanging from her costume and yet she's bumming food off of strangers?...

It's ridiculous she is still on the show over Major Victory who not only was the first to complete it but even if Feedback hadn't worried about the lady's purse he would've still been behind by a few seconds. As well, Victory had the best segment. His humor with all of it was awesome and seemed most fitting.

Personally I'm wondering if Fat Momma might win, I can't help but feel Victory's elmination was because he's so similar to many heroes already. Feedback is less similar but I'm sure theres a character out there that's like him, Fat Momma is the only one out of the "finalists" that probably wouldn't cause problems with being too similar. The only comic character I can think of that would be similar to her is Blob from X-Men.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this series, it seemed like a really awesome idea but it's been a let down each week. Stan Lee's superhero lecturing is bipolar, most of the "heroes" were ridiculous (Cellphone girl, Creature, Fat Momma, Iron Enforcer), the scripted stuff is boring and the "supervillain" is pointless.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-26-2006, 10:50 AM
She's got snacks hanging from her costume and yet she's bumming food off of strangers?...

It's ridiculous she is still on the show over Major Victory who not only was the first to complete it but even if Feedback hadn't worried about the lady's purse he would've still been behind by a few seconds. As well, Victory had the best segment. His humor with all of it was awesome and seemed most fitting.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this series, it seemed like a really awesome idea but it's been a let down each week. Stan Lee's superhero lecturing is bipolar, most of the "heroes" were ridiculous (Cellphone girl, Creature, Fat Momma, Iron Enforcer), the scripted stuff is boring and the "supervillain" is pointless.#1: I thought she was in trouble come selection time for that very reason. She won the kids challenge, MV won the City Walk one (where she performed quite poorly), so I thought maybe Feedback would be odd man out.

#2: I figured Major Victory had his spot in the bag. He has an enthusiasm that "The Man" had apparently found to be not serious enough.

#3: super villian (su-per vil-en, n.): an antagonist with abilities or skills of a supernatural nature, often in opposition to a hero or protagonist. Hmm... Iron Enforcer looks like he's wearing the costume Prince had in his music video for "Seven." He's a hired goon, that's all. I have been a proponent of the scripted aspect, but some of it is even taxing my believablity.

My vote to win the comic book now is Feedback, but I still do not believe he's the best choice. I might be quite disappointed if they try to make it a Secret Wars/Crisis on Infinite Earths-type story and put all the characters in, with just the winner on the cover. Then again, that might not be so bad.

LTBasker
08-26-2006, 11:07 AM
#3: super villian (su-per vil-en, n.): an antagonist with abilities or skills of a supernatural nature, often in opposition to a hero or protagonist. Hmm... Iron Enforcer looks like he's wearing the costume Prince had in his music video for "Seven." He's a hired goon, that's all. I have been a proponent of the scripted aspect, but some of it is even taxing my believablity.

Thank you for that correction, I have been saved by the Bel. :p

The thing about Dark Enforcer is he's not even a goon, the most he has actually done is help them walk across an area and then onto a platform - but with a harsh tone! Though him trying to deliver an "evil" line has been pretty criminal...

According to imdb, Feedback is an actor and has been in a handful of things whereas Fat Momma hasn't been in anything. After Stan got huffy-puffy at one of the others having acting knowledge that could be Feedback's major downfall. And I think Stan is hot for Fat Momma.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Thank you for that correction, I have been saved by the Bel. :p

The thing about Dark Enforcer is he's not even a goon, the most he has actually done is help them walk across an area and then onto a platform - but with a harsh tone! Though him trying to deliver an "evil" line has been pretty criminal...

According to imdb, Feedback is an actor and has been in a handful of things whereas Fat Momma hasn't been in anything. After Stan got huffy-puffy at one of the others having acting knowledge that could be Feedback's major downfall. And I think Stan is hot for Fat Momma.Kelly Kapowski was hot! :roll RRRs:

But harsh tones are his super powers! His even more evil twin villain will be the Line Butcherer! :eek:

Your last line is frightening... and I don't mean comic book frightening. I must go and wash myself clean... over, and over, and over, and over again. :Ogre: No, not "ogre," but over. :nerv:

JediTricks
08-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Personally I'm wondering if Fat Momma might win, I can't help but feel Victory's elmination was because he's so similar to many heroes already. Feedback is less similar but I'm sure theres a character out there that's like him...Although he's shown no connection to his claimed powers, what he describes sounds to me like an update to the lame DC "Dial H for Hero" series from the '60s and '80s.

According to imdb, Feedback is an actor and has been in a handful of things whereas Fat Momma hasn't been in anything. After Stan got huffy-puffy at one of the others having acting knowledge that could be Feedback's major downfall. And I think Stan is hot for Fat Momma.Stan didn't get huffy with Monkey Woman for being an actor, rather for lying about being an actor - she originally told Stan that she was in real estate but didn't mention that she was also a professional actor.

LTBasker
09-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Stan didn't get huffy with Monkey Woman for being an actor, rather for lying about being an actor - she originally told Stan that she was in real estate but didn't mention that she was also a professional actor.

But, did it really matter? Stan let Tyveculas go about his business despite not only lying to his face but coming up with some bogus story that his dreams were fulfilled, backtalking the costume in the interview and then trying to modify it. It was more like an excuse since Stan didn't have any other reason to get rid of her.

Though, Feedback winning shows that I was wrong in thinking that the actors were being ejected only for that, so...yeah.

Anyways, through the episode it was pretty obvious that Fat Momma's lack of ability to do anything but eat and stand there would lead to Feedback's victory. It would've been far more interesting if it had actually been Major Victory and Feedback...or really anybody and Feedback. I still fail to see how Fat Momma got that far.

I don't think I'll support any future seasons of this and probably won't be watching sci-fi's feedback movie, considering that sci-fi movies are pretty crappy.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2006, 07:33 AM
Anyways, through the episode it was pretty obvious that Fat Momma's lack of ability to do anything but eat and stand there would lead to Feedback's victory. It would've been far more interesting if it had actually been Major Victory and Feedback...or really anybody and Feedback. I still fail to see how Fat Momma got that far.

I don't think I'll support any future seasons of this and probably won't be watching sci-fi's feedback movie, considering that sci-fi movies are pretty crappy.Yep. At that point, it had to be FB. She had the attributes and attitude of a hero, but he had the powers and desire to be an actual one. FM made a good role model (except when she contradicted herself and her views at times :rolleyes: ) and gave FB's try-outs and contests a narrator.

Egads! SF Channel must've spent its budget on the costumes and had nothing left for graphics and special effects. If this were, say, 1963, those mini-movies of the last two competitors would've been cool. Hmm... around 1963, Stan Lee's run on Marvel Comics was just beginning to grow... Stan's comments seemed to be anachronisitically based in that time... his expectations of behavior appeared to be about 4 decades too late... it all makes perfect sense now!

Stan Lee is a cyborg from the '60s! :eek: Code name? Excelsior!

But all in all, a decent show. Don't think I'll be catching the newest run of it later. Definitely won't be buying the DVD. Maybe. ;)

Banthaholic
09-01-2006, 11:46 AM
I didn't catch it last night but am glad Feedback one. It at least ends with some element of dignity. A comic on him would at least be to par with what might have come out/

No offense to her good message but how the heck did Fat Momma get as far as she did? Out of all of the people that applied for the show the second best personality and ideas were hers? I guess you can cintribute her position to playing a smart, low-key, and low mistake show. The lesson to be learned her is don't self-distruct and you'll do fine :)

JediTricks
09-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Kind of lame ending, but my sister and I watched it together and both got chills a little when Stan Lee came out in person to congratulate Feedback.

You know, something I noticed last night, they were talking about the trappings of a superhero and they mentioned the cape, pretty much only DC superheroes have capes, nearly nobody in Marvel does, I wonder what that means.

But, did it really matter? Stan let Tyveculas go about his business despite not only lying to his face but coming up with some bogus story that his dreams were fulfilled, backtalking the costume in the interview and then trying to modify it. It was more like an excuse since Stan didn't have any other reason to get rid of her.

Though, Feedback winning shows that I was wrong in thinking that the actors were being ejected only for that, so...yeah.Yeah, I was going to say "Feedback won and he's an actor, so yeah it matters" and then you beat me to it. :p

Honestly, I think Stan knew Tyveculus was lying for a different reason, Monkey Woman was trying to hide her being a professional actor and at 1 point used that OVER her interests on the show, it's different.

Anyways, through the episode it was pretty obvious that Fat Momma's lack of ability to do anything but eat and stand there would lead to Feedback's victory. It would've been far more interesting if it had actually been Major Victory and Feedback...or really anybody and Feedback. I still fail to see how Fat Momma got that far.Yeah, just because she's a mom and she has super mom instincts doesn't really make her a "superhero", I don't get how she got kept till the end, her behavior at the stunt school seemed like she really didn't want to participate, and her video was really awful (Feedback's video was awful, but not as much because of him :p they didn't incorporate his supposed powers at all).

I don't think I'll support any future seasons of this and probably won't be watching sci-fi's feedback movie, considering that sci-fi movies are pretty crappy.Eh, I dunno, I might give 'em a chance, it's lightweight fun.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-02-2006, 10:27 AM
In reading my local paper this mornin', I noticed an article about Feedback, the winner of the show. Apparently, (pause for dramatic effect)...

I have a superhero in my very home town!

Where is he from? It would destroy his secret identity, but under my icon it gives you a clue as to where. I may definitely have to buy the comic now, and I wonder if he might make an appearance at the local comics shop.

Our crime rate will plummet now! The world is safe! But my Internet connections might be affected as he fights such villains as Smog Man, Gridlock, and Seismograph (more clues as to where I, uh, I mean, we live).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Apparently, (pause for dramatic effect)...

I have a superhero in my very home town!

Uh, I guess no one cares... :cry:

Anyone know when his comic book is supposed to come out? Or, if you hate to see sentences with prepositions at the end: Anyone know out when the comic is supposed to come? :p

[Edit]With a little searching, I found It's Out Oct. 4th (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-295)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2006, 09:17 AM
#3: super villian (su-per vil-en, n.): an antagonist with abilities or skills of a supernatural nature, often in opposition to a hero or protagonist. Hmm... Iron Enforcer looks like he's wearing the costume Prince had in his music video for "Seven." He's a hired goon, that's all.

My vote to win the comic book now is Feedback, but I still do not believe he's the best choice. I might be quite disappointed if they try to make it a Secret Wars/Crisis on Infinite Earths-type story and put all the characters in, with just the winner on the cover. Then again, that might not be so bad.I wonder if IE will actually be the villain. The comic is supposed to come out this week, I believe. While there was a bit of interest as the series progressed, it appears there's little about the contest's prize, a comic of the winner. I think I'll pick up a copy.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-06-2006, 10:29 PM
The comic was supposed to have come out this past Wednesday, but apparently it isn't even on next week's shipment. Some electrionic problems, perhaps? Why am I even interested in this?

LTBasker
10-07-2006, 02:33 AM
Because you have a very morbid curiousity and you sat through the show and now you want to see the fruits of your brainwashing. Maybe nobody cared to order it?

So, how do you think they're going to do future seasons? They obviously can't reuse the same recipe since people are aware of it now, maybe have different themes? Who Wants to Be a Supervillain? Who Wants to Be a Sidekick? Who Wants to Be a Superduo? Who Wants to Be a Mole on Stan Lee's Rump?

jonthejedi
10-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Does anyone know when the new season begins? My son is enamored with this program & watches the tapes I made for him over & over. He sets his superhero figures up on a box(the roof) & does the Stan Lee thing..."turn in your costume."

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2006, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know when the new season begins? My son is enamored with this program & watches the tapes I made for him over & over. He sets his superhero figures up on a box(the roof) & does the Stan Lee thing..."turn in your costume."Your son undresses his action figures on roof tops? Uh, I'm gonna leave now... :rolleyes:

No idea on when Season 2 (I figure there has to be at least one more year of it) might begin.

Because you have a very morbid curiousity and you sat through the show and now you want to see the fruits of your brainwashing. Maybe nobody cared to order it?

Yeah, I liked the show, and maybe since the winner actually lives in my town, I have even more rooting interest.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I liked the show, and maybe since the winner actually lives in my town, I have even more rooting interest.I was actually mentioned in a local newspaper columnist's article about the winner (just that I had commented on him being a local person) yesterday. And, for those who are drooling to know, the book's been delayed until 11/29 (Forumites run to write on calendars, type on handhelds, tatoo on backs of hands, etc. :p ).

JediTricks
10-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I'm just keeping up to date based on your reports. Any reason given for the delay?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-15-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm just keeping up to date based on your reports. Any reason given for the delay?I was given the Diamond Comics distribution website by a comic shop owner to check books' shipping dates, as well as Dark Horse's site. The date has changed twice, with no explanations. I think this waiting will hurt its sales, as the out-of-sight-out-of-mind problem may kick in; it's been, what, almost 2-3 months since it's ended?

JediTricks
10-15-2006, 04:13 PM
2 and a half months it's been over, and it's been well and truly forgotten.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-21-2006, 04:24 PM
2 and a half months it's been over, and it's been well and truly forgotten.What's been forgotten? :confused:

BTW, did anyone see that TV show this summer about contestants trying to be super heroes? That was kinda weird, kinda cool. Wonder what ever happened with it...

:rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Now, DH.com shows it coming out in December? Huh? Wha-?!? This is bad business, people. How will I, or anyone else, become a True Believer with such delays (and don't you DARE "blame" it on Dark Enforcer! :mad: ).

What was this again? (http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=14-295)

p.s. Notice that it lists its genre as "humor?" Not funny to me...

JediTricks
11-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Dead as a doornail!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Holy inexplicable business practices, Batman! Now it's due in January?!? And, if I'm not mistaken, the cover price jumped a few cents. Wow... no, wait. I mean un-wow. :upset: :sleeping:

BTW, eBay auctions on doornails are now starting at $3.51 each, JT. :confused:

JediTricks
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
What were they thinking pushing it back again? I feel bad for Feedback now, he's never gonna see his comic come to life.

Doornails are the nails which hold coffin lids onto the coffins, so all them goth kids want 'em I guess. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Since this week was supposed to be the thrice-delayed publication date, I checked again. DH.com still shows 1/17/07 as the date, but the comics distribution site does not. So I checked some more, and...

Bunches and Bunches of ??? (http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/___14-295?qt=dhprofile1)

Now out: August 29, 2007. :tired: Eh.

jonthejedi
01-17-2007, 04:25 AM
When is 2nd season coming on? Is there gonna be a 2nd season?

JediTricks
01-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Second season is slated for summer '07.

The comic has been pushed back yet again, now Sept 17th '07... that is REALLY messed up! Feedback's site says the release of the comic was pushed back to coincide with the season 2 premiere, but I think they're snowing him. Rumor has it that Stan Lee's team hasn't even started writing it yet.

I've seen a few folks asking about Feedback's SFC movie, one guy claims Feedback has filmed his parts and it's in post-production, but a lot more folks are saying it's in the wind and nothing's happened at all with it.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I heard they're starting a new show called Who Remembers a Show Called 'Who Wants to Be a Superhero', but it'll come out to coincide with the 100th anniversay of Action Comics #1. :confused: For all the complaining we do about the commercialism in the world, I'm dumbfounded and befuddled on how Dark Horse has not only dropped the ball on this, but they let the air out of it and then slashed it so no one could ever play with it again. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Here's a '40s era comic storyline: I wait about a full year for this "eagerly awaited" comic to come out, and the week it does, I leave on vacation. AND, the local comic shop in town will supposedly have Feedback there! (he lives in my town). Eh, oh well. I can still buy the book in Ohio, get it from an online site, or wait (eagerly?) to see if there are signed copies at the comic at home.

Next week it is actually on the to-be-released lists for new comics. We'll see about that... :doubtingthomas:

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Wow BCJ, you really have it bad. What did you do, steal Jesus' sandals?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Wow BCJ, you really have it bad. What did you do, steal Jesus' sandals?I really don't know what you're talking about, JT. Do you mean my obsession with this oft-delayed comic, and the coincidental fact that the winner lives in my hometown? Or my :doubtingthomas: emoticon? I have stolen no one's sandals, BTW.

LTBasker
06-28-2007, 08:59 PM
I believe JT means your horrible shoddy crappy luck with your vacationing while Feedback makes an appearance.

I've been seeing increased previews for the next season, I'm surprised anyone really cares considering how much they've neglected Feedback.

In other news...a company (I forget which, can't find the news article again) is supposed to be making figures. I don't think they said which ones or if all of them will be made, which I can only imagine ones like Fat Momma selling horribly. Definitely wouldn't mind picking up a Major Victory figure though!

Edit: Found it - http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=11440

So the first wave will be Feedback (eh), Major Victory (yay!), Fat Momma (lame) and the season 2 winner.

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Basker is right, I meant the bad luck of your scheduling conflict.

Yeah, SFC has been pushing season 2 finally, but yeah, it's like "who cares".

Shocker Toys is putting out their lame Shockinis for these: http://www.shockertoys.com/products.php#wwtbs

LTBasker
06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh that's lame, I thought they were going to be full figures. In the article it says they're part of "Indie Spotlight Series One" which are regular figures.

http://www.shockertoys.com/image/products/6inch-isw1.jpg

Maybe they're releasing both?

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 11:17 PM
Anything's possible, but even if they do want to do it, they've produced ZERO figures beyond the Shockinis, as far as I know. The Dethklok figures will be their first ones, I believe.

LTBasker
06-29-2007, 12:09 AM
They showed their 6" figure line at Toy Fair but they don't look all that great. TNI could've made a mistake and it's supposed to be the shockinis, but if it's true they'll be in the 6" line then even with the lacking quality (though Shadowhawk is kinda cool) I think I would pick up Major Victory.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&album=2007_Toy_Fair%2FShockertoys

Bel-Cam Jos
06-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Hasbro would jump at a figure of Iron/Dark Enforcer. Think:

"playablity" with missle-firing weapon
multiple "costume" variants
COMMtech chip (with such awesome phrases as: "Urg..." "Yeah! " "I'm gonna make life bad for you guys" or "Ha ha ha, losers! " )

Newest hero/villain for the upcoming season: "Sandal Stealer" (real name: Jesus H. del Dios) :D

JediTricks
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
They showed their 6" figure line at Toy Fair but they don't look all that great. TNI could've made a mistake and it's supposed to be the shockinis, but if it's true they'll be in the 6" line then even with the lacking quality (though Shadowhawk is kinda cool) I think I would pick up Major Victory.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/?mode=album&album=2007_Toy_Fair%2FShockertoys
I'm not seeing any WWTBAS figs in that gallery, only some indie comics figs and random other Shocker stuff.

LTBasker
06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah, it sounds like the WWTBAS figures weren't planned at that time to be in wave 1 or might've still been in development, The TNI article did say they were being added to the first wave so... I dunno.

Shocker Toys needs to put the info on their site, that would help alot.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-20-2007, 11:35 AM
The second season comes out next week on the SciFi Channel. And the comic came out a couple weeks back. Let me review it, in my best Simpsons Comic Book Guy voice:

"Most cliched comic, ever."

This comic was bad, even with a hot nurse. Bad villain dialogue, overly-optimistic hero dialogue, easy dispatching of henchmen and villain, wrong words in flashbacks. They did include the comic covers of the 'losing' heroes, including their weaknesses, catch phrases (some even put "none needed" ), weapons, ages, etc. Oh well.

JediTricks
07-22-2007, 11:09 PM
Sounds great. :ermm:

They've been doing a lot of ads for season 2, but it looks REALLY bad even by comparison to the first.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Sounds great. :ermm:

They've been doing a lot of ads for season 2, but it looks REALLY bad even by comparison to the first.Did anyone else catch last night's opening episode? I picked the first dismissal, but I don't see it having the interest of the first season (there was interest in it last year?).

kool-aid killer
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I watched it. I wasnt impressed with any of the characters. Lee should of kept "Homeless Man" around. I figured the one lady (Locks?) would get eliminated just because she was terrible in all activities they were put to. Mr. Mitzvah is a clown, "Not too hard youll knock of my rhinestones!" i was hoping hed get the boot. I'll probably continue to watch, my younger brother is oblivious to the cheese factor.

When was Feedbacks SciFi channel movie? I dont recall ever hearing about it airing.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-28-2007, 09:46 AM
I watched it. I wasnt impressed with any of the characters. ... I'll probably continue to watch, my younger brother is oblivious to the cheese factor.

When was Feedbacks SciFi channel movie? I dont recall ever hearing about it airing.Same here. There wasn't much time spent on their "powers," so you don't really know what their characters can do; the groups were just thrown into tasks (apparently, just gathering facts about a crime is more important than solving it... the guy who lost his vase probably still is waiting for closure).

This cheese is stringy. The characters seem to know more of what's to come. I wonder who will "turn" evil when he/she is eliminated?

I saw the movie. (hint: those 12 seconds of a "trailer" are actually the entire film! :rolleyes: ) Kidding. If the comic took almost a year to produce, I figure that the film will be out in '08... 3008. :eek:

Also, in some internet surfing, apparently there was a WWtbaSH? comic for this year's Free Comic Book Day giveaways. How'd I miss that, too? :confused:

kool-aid killer
07-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Yep, it was a Dark Horse preview of the Feedback title. The cover is basically the same drawn image of Feedback that was shown on the program, looking down on him with his left arm raised up minus the shadows of other WWtbaSH people. No surprise that they half arsed the book. It wasnt until a few weeks after Free Comic Book Day that i actually seen it, still laying around to be taken for free at the comic shop i frequent. The comic is real short.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Ya know, the second episode was actually pretty good. As lame-o as the spelling bee sounded at first, it provided a good and simple test. The costumes are so-so. I was able to predict who the final 3 would be (but I thought the other guy would go). That begs the question: which let-go "hero" will become this year's Iron/Dark Enforcer villain?

kool-aid killer
08-04-2007, 01:27 PM
I guessed wrong, i thought Mr. Mitzvah would get the boot for being on the chopping block a second time in a row. I know Limelight was too, but i think Lee digs her peppy, ditzy personality. Like you, i didnt think any one costume was great, but they were all improvements over what they came into the game with. I didnt care for the guy that did get the boot, he was foolish to not play the game in the specific manner that it was stated as having to be played. Any guess who the "mole" is?

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I've been impressed with the show this year. The writing (meaning the scenarios and tasks) are better, surprisingly so. I was wondering how being at an amusement park would work out, but they did a good job of integrating it. So what if the villains are lame. Only problem is, I've been able to predict most of the "turn in your costume" choices. The last 6 heroes will be a little harder to decide whom to eliminate.

Now I think Mindset will become the villian, with Mr. Mitzvah as his henchman/sidekick/toady.

darthvyn
08-10-2007, 12:34 PM
i only caught the third episode so far, but from what i saw of him, mindset reminded me of syndrome from "the incredibles" so yeah, i can see him turning into the villain - though i hope they don't do that, as it's simply a retread of the last season. maybe with mitzvah as his henchman it wouldn't be as similar...

so far no one has really impressed me like major victory from the first season did. (still think he shoulda won it...)

did anyone think that "the defuser" should have been called out for his penchant for LIGHTING the fuses most of the time? to live up to his name he should've been more like parthenon, trying to "defuse" the air of suspicion after getting the note. instead he not only gave into the suspicion, but became the ring leader of the inquisition...

Bel-Cam Jos
08-17-2007, 10:40 AM
To make a comic book connection, the 2nd season is like a book with weak penciling and inking, but a decent storyline. You wish there was more visually stimulating, but the writing is enough to keep you a monthly customer.

I've been dead on each week picking the 3 on the red blocks, and chose the eventual choice to leave all but once. I've learned to watch the show for clues (they focused on Hygena's delays in changing into her disguise and her germ obsessions, Basura being the only one to not act quickly to help the lady in shades, Defuser doing exactly what darthvyn mentioned, Whip Snap being selfless even though she keeps beaking down and crying, Hyper Strike acting positively and humorously). I though Basura was the best legit superhero concept on the show.

I'll keep watching this one.

kool-aid killer
08-17-2007, 12:48 PM
I figured that once Basura ignored the lady she was getting the boot. That mini challenge was so obvious.

Jos, have you watched the aftershow program on scifi.com? Its some decent insight into how the participants felt.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I figured that once Basura ignored the lady she was getting the boot. That mini challenge was so obvious.

Jos, have you watched the aftershow program on scifi.com? Its some decent insight into how the participants felt.But now the pre-heroes are having to think about their actions, so there's still some uncertainty.

Do I watch that? Nah. I'm not too into whining and regrets. I can handle that in my own life, thank you. :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Once more, I picked the final three, but I was wrong on Stan's choice (although I don't disagree with that decision). I thought The Defuser was out this time.

And an important TV update: this Saturday, the Feedback Sci-Fi Channel movie is on. Is it Mega Snake? Great title... :sleeping:

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Apparently he indeed makes a guest appearance in Mega Snake... man, that's really pathetic of Sci Fi Channel!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2007, 10:31 AM
Apparently he indeed makes a guest appearance in Mega Snake... man, that's really pathetic of Sci Fi Channel!Hmm... it takes almost a year for the "prize" of the contest to come out, about a year for the other "prize" to arrive and it's not even "his" movie? Sounds like a great deal to me!

Imagine the movie cameo possibilities for the remaining heroes:
Hygena in Killer Germs
Hyper Strike in Run to Victory
The Defuser in Defuser Meets Da Fuzz
Parthenon in We're Out of Ideas, People

Wow... :tired:

kool-aid killer
08-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought it was weird that Feedback would show up in that movie, too. I didnt watch it so i dont know how it turned out, but unless it was Feedbacks movie why even bother to include him in it? It makes no sense to have him show up, save people from the snake, and not be the one that ultimately kills the snake. Judging from the commerical, it looks like he just has a cameo.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
I thought it was weird that Feedback would show up in that movie, too. I didnt watch it so i dont know how it turned out, but unless it was Feedbacks movie why even bother to include him in it? It makes no sense to have him show up, save people from the snake, and not be the one that ultimately kills the snake. Judging from the commerical, it looks like he just has a cameo.I "watched" it, meaning that I switched channels frequently, because it was soooooo bad. Feedback shows up at the end, at some carnival, not even using his powers (unless I missed that scene). Ugh.

kool-aid killer
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
Ah, doesnt sound good at all. I wonder if Feedback is disappointed with how his character has been used (actually, not used) or if he cant smell beyond the doody stains on his nose.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
On two fronts, I saw the end of Mega Snake again, and here's a recap of Feedback's appearance.

At a carnival (where the snake is going to randomly and ruthlessly attack any person it meets! :ohno: :eek: ), the barker announces that the one "you've all been waiting for" is here, and the kids chant "Feedback! Feedback! " Feedback appears next to an easel, and tells them that he is here to teach them about safety (how to use electricity wisely and safely, to ask a grownup if they see anything dangerous). A kid yells "snake! " and points, so the parents all (slowly) scream and grab their children as the snake (slowly) lurks through the crowd. Feedback yells "have some feedback" and stabs at the snake with a pole; the snake slithers away. Feedback then rescues the kid yelling "mommy! mommy! " underneath the bench. End of his "starring" role. :confused:

On this week's WWtbaSH? episode, the tasks again were pretty good, but I was wrong on the selections. I thought Defuser, Parthenon, and Hygena would be chosen on the red boxes, with The D going home. I see that the signs are pointing to Hyperstrike being the overall winner, and this coming week's TWO HOUR finale (that might be tough to endure) will settle everyone's anxiety over that personal struggle.

:cricket:

Excelsior?

kool-aid killer
09-01-2007, 02:12 PM
How does Hygena manage to stick around? I thought Parthenon getting the boot was unjust, as i dont recall him failing in any task before or being singled out by Lee for doing something wrong prior to that episode. Maybe Lee, SciFi, and Darkhorse werent sure a character like that would go over well. I like how they complain when the Defuser leads them, yet when he steps back they nail him for not being a leader. Jos, i think youve got it right, i cant see any beating Hyperstrike other than himself.

2-1B
09-02-2007, 03:14 AM
I saw a lady named "Fat Momma" at Wizard World Chicago selling autographed fake donuts...it was embarrassing, I thought.

kool-aid killer
09-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Lol. Yeah, that would be pretty embarrasing. "Buy an autographed donut!" But apparently there are plans to turn Feedback, Major Victory, and her into action figures. It would be cool if they were in scale to Marvel Legend and DCSH action figures.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2007, 09:58 AM
But apparently there are plans to turn Feedback, Major Victory, and her into action figures. It would be cool if they were in scale to Marvel Legend and DCSH action figures.The teaser commercial for the season finale of year 2 showed the three remaining heroes as figures. Didn't get a good look, so I can't tell the quality or scale.

kool-aid killer
09-07-2007, 01:31 PM
So i watched the two hour finale last night. I was happy that Hygena didnt win, but i was unsure if i wanted the Defuser to win out over Hyper Strike. Lee must have something for dudes in black and blue outfits. Im sure Feedback told the Defuser about how cool it is to show up in costume for three minutes in a giant snake movie. They showed the figures, they were accurate but they looked like Ken and Barbie dolls. Not cool. I thought all three remaining superheroes video entrances were lame, my brother said they were inserted into a Sci-Fi original movie about Nazi gargoyles. At the end when the heroes that were voted off showed up, i didnt see Whip-Snap, Braids, or Mr. Mitzvah so maybe they were upset about how they left and didnt want to appear again.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2007, 10:57 AM
I also saw the finale. I was totally* surprised by the fact that none of the three were removed before the last elimination at Universal City Walk (* = not at all). I was expecting the fact that Dr. Dark was "defeated" so easily that there'd be some twist to it; none came.

I, too, figured Hygena was out as the overall winner (but a "true hero" winner in Stan's eyes), but I thought Hyperstrike had the heroic qualities Stan had been looking for. Defuser did better in this finale, so I guess that's what put him over the top. I just feel that HS has a better persona and powers than TD. This second season was better than the first, even if the people on it weren't as interesting as last year's. I'd give it a B+ rating as a whole.

Now, when the heck will the comic come out? I put odds of 45:1 that it'll see the racks before Christmas. :confused: :tired: I just can't wait for TD's "starring role" in Space Cops from Saturn. :confused: :tired:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I kind of miss this show.

mtriv73
08-05-2008, 11:36 AM
I kind of miss this show.

When I saw your post, I thought for a second they were bringing it back. I really thought the first season was awful. I hate reality TV in general though. My wife, unfortunately (and inexplicably since she's never picked up a comic book in her life,) loved it.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2008, 11:49 AM
When I saw your post, I thought for a second they were bringing it back. I really thought the first season was awful. I hate reality TV in general though. My wife, unfortunately (and inexplicably since she's never picked up a comic book in her life,) loved it.I talked with the "secret identity" of Hygena [sp?] at a Free Comic Book Day event this year, and she said it wouldn't be back this summer :( but that Mr. Lee (and there's a reason why this show was decent; the respect level shown) was considering other networks/options. This wasn't a "reality" show, because there aren't "really" superheroes with special powers. There are people who want to be such characters, and as long as the show never took itself too seriously, it succeeded.

mtriv73
08-05-2008, 02:25 PM
I talked with the "secret identity" of Hygena [sp?] at a Free Comic Book Day event this year, and she said it wouldn't be back this summer :( but that Mr. Lee (and there's a reason why this show was decent; the respect level shown) was considering other networks/options. This wasn't a "reality" show, because there aren't "really" superheroes with special powers. There are people who want to be such characters, and as long as the show never took itself too seriously, it succeeded.

They didn't really have those powers? Now I officially hate the show! I meant reality in the same sense that (right or wrong) I consider Survivor a reality show. Both are competitions with staged events that wouldn't occur in real life with real people taking part in these competitions portraying themselves. Of course, by that way of thinking "The Price is Right" would be a reality show also. Sigh, I miss Bob Barker. Whatever genre it ends up fitting in and whatever channel it ends up on, I'll just have to make sure I have a good book to read if my wife insists on watching again. I'm zipping through books now that Project Runway is back on the air (I do look up occasionally if I hear Heidi's voice though-she makes me wish I was a Seal.)

Bel-Cam Jos
08-05-2008, 09:28 PM
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic about the superpowers aspect. What I meant was that there was a built-in un-reality; people weren't attempting to be "real." They wanted to get a fake costume, the respect of a comics creative genius, and show off their enthusiasm. It was just a fun show, dragged out too long at times, sappy and overly-naive at others, occasionally surprising, but overall fun.

mtriv73
08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I didn't take offense. I had just been hard at work for hours, with hours more to go of very tedious lab work, and needed to be silly for a moment to clear my head and help refocus. Luckily, you gave me that opportunity.