PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro says: "We WILL do Willrow . . ."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-06-2006, 12:45 PM
. . . eventually. Here it is from JediDefender (http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1154736200,10602,):

3. OK, ToyFare #109 is now available at comic and book stores everywhere. In that issue, we finally get the news that Quinlan Vos and Darth Revan were selected as the winner(s) of the latest Fan Choice poll.

Willow Hood (the Ice Cream Maker Guy) seems to have a huge fan following among collectors. He even has enough of a fan following at Hasbro to be included in the joke wave presented during the Comic-Con panel.

Even though Willow didn't win the Toy Fare Fan's Choice poll, when can we expect to see him on the pegs? He'd make a nice two-pack if you paired him with a new super-articulated Bespin Han or Bespin Luke (hint, hint). You've got 12 more years ('til 2018), so you have to get to him eventually, right?

OK, it was cruel perhaps to include him (and Yarna) among a group that we would obviously never do. We WILL do Willrow eventually, but there is no timetable for his debut. In any case, it won't be in the 2007 line which is already put to bed.

So it's looking good for Yarna as well, maybe. Hopefully they stick to their word.

AmanaMatt
08-06-2006, 01:31 PM
I saw this too and will take it as a 'hasbro apology' of sorts - as long as they do these two, cool. If I were Hasbro I would make them an exclusive to a store and make the fans pay for it - I would pick them up for sure.

JON9000
08-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Somebody text message Tycho.

Turbowars
08-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah after reading that yesterday and opening up a 3PO with Ewok Throne, I have some faith left in hasbro.

Droid
08-06-2006, 05:15 PM
I note they didn't say Yarna was coming (though the comments could mean she is coming in 2007 and they didn't want to say yet). I will believe we get Yarna when I see a prototype.

figrin bran
08-06-2006, 05:57 PM
hasbro was playing you guys all along ;)

Luuuuuuke
08-06-2006, 06:48 PM
But more importantly, Hasbro acknowledged that Yarna and the Ice Cream Guy were included among others that would "obviously" never be made. The point should not be lost. There's a difference between Yarna and the other guys: she's not among those that would obvioiusly never be made.

That's what I've been saying: Hasbro probably threw her in because she made their joke more credible.

Seriously, if I were Hasbro I would never apologize for that joke. People need to just chill out. I bet they eventually make that fat-arsed alien with the six pack. Then all will be right with the world and world peace will break out.

decadentdave
08-06-2006, 08:50 PM
I think now would be a good time for somebody to make some campaign avatars for Yarna/Hood '08. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-06-2006, 09:09 PM
When they are on a confirmed list with pics, then I will be giddy, until then, we just wait.

2-1B
08-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I want Yarna but I don't want Hood.

LTBasker
08-07-2006, 03:18 AM
I wouldn't mind having Hood but he's not a priority, background tech sort of figures are always welcome in my book. If they do make him, I would prefer they just list him as Willrow Hood - Bespin Tech or something along those lines, the "ice cream maker guy" joke is old and worn out.

BoShek
08-07-2006, 08:53 AM
Finally news on Hood. I have been waiting for him forever. 2008 can't come soon enough.

TheDarthVader
08-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I will be getting both of these when they are released. I am going to get multiple Yarna figures because I have been waiting for her FOREVER! This is great news.

El Chuxter
08-07-2006, 11:05 AM
I bet that after reading that thread title, Wilrow feels like Slicker's mom. :eek:

I won't say "I told you so." :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I bet that after reading that thread title, Wilrow feels like Slicker's mom. :eek:

I won't say "I told you so." :p
I knew someone was going to make a juvenile reference to the title, and I was going to change "do" to "make," but I figured I'd rather just use Hasbro's direct quote. Get over it.

joe-da
08-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I want Yarna, Hood & the dead folks!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I want Yarna, Hood & the dead folks!
I, too wanted the dead figures (at least Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon and Vader), but now Hasbro said they "obviously" wouldn't make them . . . I'm hoping they were referring more to the Jawas and Larses, though. I can imagine that they wouldn't want to sell a dead Qui-Gon or Shmi to kids, but since Vader's just in his armor, it wouldn't be that big of a deal. That's one of my favorite parts in the whole saga, and I'd like to be able to recreate it with figures . . . maybe one day.

Luuuuuuke
08-07-2006, 07:46 PM
You know, I'm not sure I agree that Hasbro should make dead figures. I think we have to remember that while adult collectors and older teenagers may make the bulk of the spenders on this line, it's still a toy and small children do buy Star Wars.

If they make these kinds of figures, they should be online exclusives. Sure, they could look like they're just sleeping, but you just know some fanboys will complain they don't really look dead, and they should be more pale or something:D Then you're going down a slippery slope.

With so much other stuff Hasbro can put out, dead action figures on the mass market isn't really a hot idea. But that's just my opinion, and maybe the fact I have a small child is influencing it.

Turbowars
08-07-2006, 07:57 PM
You are right. How can a dead figure be an action figure? The only dead figures I'd like are Luke's crispy aunt and uncle. The people that want a dead Vader, just make a platform with sticks and throw vader on it. Then get some lighter fluid and a match. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-07-2006, 10:27 PM
They refuse to make burnt up figures, but yet, we got Kentucky Fried Anakin last year....go figure.

Turbowars
08-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Yes, but was he dead?

decadentdave
08-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Let me tell you about the time my parents took me to see Star Wars when I was a kid. Referring to the smoldering bodies of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru I turned to my dad and asked, "What did they do to them?" and his reply: "They burnt them, son. Now shut the f**k up."

Turbowars
08-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Let me tell you about the time my parents took me to see Star Wars when I was a kid. Referring to the smoldering bodies of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru I turned to my dad and asked, "What did they do to them?" and his reply: "They burnt them, son. Now shut the f**k up."Now that's the kind of dad everyone needs.:thumbsup:

Luuuuuuke
08-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, if they put out dead figures my morbid arse would buy them. I just don't think they should make them.

As for KFC Anakin, that's a pretty morbid figure, but I think it's easier to explain that to a kid. You can even turn it into a damned lesson if you're in a moralizing mood.

But death? That's a little more complicated, not to mention depressing. Small children don't need to be dwelling on that, let alone because of an action figure. And it's not essential enough to justify making such figures.

But yeah, I'm not above buying a crispy or moribund figure.

decadentdave
08-07-2006, 11:41 PM
But death? That's a little more complicated, not to mention depressing. Small children don't need to be dwelling on that, let alone because of an action figure. And it's not essential enough to justify making such figures.

If that's true then I guess they wouldn't have made the Tusken Raider figure with detacheable head now would they?

El Chuxter
08-08-2006, 12:40 AM
I could see Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon and Vader as some sort of online-exclusive deluxe figures, along with possibly Torture Rack Han, but I doubt they'd ever get a wide release. I don't care too much about other "dead" characters, especially dead Jawas or Ewoks.

decadentdave
08-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Well technically Spirit of Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda are all "dead" characters who have passed on and joined with the Force. All have been made into action figures. Oh, and, let's not forget about severed torso Darth Maul. That's pretty morbid as well as bloodied stump variant of detacheable hand Bespin Luke. Plus we had Panda Baba with removeable arm. I'm all about maimed figures or fatalities. It really puts the "action" in Action Figure.

El Chuxter
08-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Don't forget Jango Fett and the Tusken Raider, both with removable heads.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
While we're at it, we can't forget Passel Argente and Cat Miin, who both had big lightsaber gashes across their chests. So they can do that but not a Qui-Gon with a hole in his chest? Riiiiight.

Also, the ROTS Dooku and Kit Fisto's heads are easily removable (as that was Kit's fate in the novel and earlier in the script).

kool-aid killer
08-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Finally news on Hood. I have been waiting for him forever. 2008 can't come soon enough.

Im expecting to see him with a cart and inside the cart is where he can store his blaster, just in case any little kids try to hustle him. Hood dont play that. Believe me, if Landos letting him slang in Cloud City than Hoods got to be a G. The last sentence or two are straight from StarWars.com's databank. :yes:

stad
08-09-2006, 08:43 PM
Let me tell you about the time my parents took me to see Star Wars when I was a kid. Referring to the smoldering bodies of Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru I turned to my dad and asked, "What did they do to them?" and his reply: "They burnt them, son. Now shut the f**k up."

Is your dad Red Foreman?

Where did you see this? All I saw was that they confirmed he would not be in 2007 mix, I did not see them actually commit to a date to make him.

I want Yarna but I don't want Hood.

Couldn't agree with you more. I really don't understand the fascination with this nobody random background character, other than the tired old joke about how "necessary" he is.

TheCivilCollector
08-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Anyone actually waiting for "beef jerky" style Beru and Owen just need to buy a couple deluxe Amanamans. Problem solved.

Now, I'm still wondering when the hell were getting "AOTC" young Owen, Beru, and Cliegg on his chair. That would make a cool cinema scene pack, with post-slaughter Anakin, Padme in showl, and Shmi corpse thrown in.

JediTricks
08-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Anyone actually waiting for "beef jerky" style Beru and Owen just need to buy a couple deluxe Amanamans. Problem solved.It's missing an arm and a skull and a lower leg.

TheCivilCollector
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
It's missing an arm and a skull and a lower leg.

Close enough for government work, but if it has to be perfect-

A little bit of sculpy, and VIOLA!!!:thumbsup:

Somehow I think it's the closest we'll get to Kentucky-Fried owen and Beru.