PDA

View Full Version : Plo Koon

PloKoon2385
01-27-2002, 07:32 PM
Rebelscum.com is reporting that Plo Koon will have a BLUE lightsaber. Why? I absolutely loved his yellow one. If this is true, I am going to deeply miss old yeller.

Beast
01-27-2002, 08:31 PM
According to what has been heard about the lightsaber colors, Lucas has said there will only be variations of Green, Blue, and Red for sabers in the films. Other then Mace being allowed his purple lightsaber (which can be considered a varient of blue) don't expect any but the three main saber colors to show up in the movies.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
01-27-2002, 08:48 PM
Plo only has a few minutes of screentime w/ lightsaber lit, so when you're using the figure, ignore the movie and use the yellow saber. That is, if it's not permanantly attached to his hand.

GNT
01-27-2002, 09:09 PM
Remember its been Ten years since EP1 (Story wise) and Plo's lost his yellow lightsaber in battle and got a new Blue one :)

SithDroid
01-28-2002, 12:44 AM
A shame. I loved his orange/yellow light saber. Why don't they allow different colors? It would give more variety and look cool in battle. Oh well, we can hope. It might still be yellow. You never know.

mylow thehutt
01-28-2002, 01:52 AM
:frus: Just 3 colors,thats boring.also do you think there will a story between EP1 and EP2? like they did with shadows of the empire.because some jedi from the council in ep1 won't be it so somthing must have happend........I wonder.:rolleyes:

Beast
01-28-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
A shame. I loved his orange/yellow light saber. Why don't they allow different colors? It would give more variety and look cool in battle. Oh well, we can hope. It might still be yellow. You never know.

Yeah, I liked the yellow saber as well. But looks like Lucas only wants to see Blue, Green, and Red for saber colors. I think thats fine, I really would have liked to have seen a larger variation in colors, but oh well. It will still look damn cool on screen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-28-2002, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
:frus: Just 3 colors,thats boring.also do you think there will a story between EP1 and EP2? like they did with shadows of the empire.because some jedi from the council in ep1 won't be it so somthing must have happend........I wonder.:rolleyes:

Yes, infact there is a book coming out this very tuesday that takes place during the years between E1 and E2. It also sets up events for Episode II. The title is: The Approaching Storm and it was written by Alan Dean Foster. I'm attaching a plot synopsis of the book for your enjoyment.

The Republic is decaying, even under the leadership of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, who was elected to save the galaxy from collapsing under the forces of discontent. On the tiny but strategic planet of Ansion, a powerful faction is on the verge of joining the growing secessionist movement. The urban dwellers wish to expand into the prairies outside their cities–the ancestral territory of the fierce, independent Ansion nomads. If their demands are not met, they will secede–an act that could jump-start a chain reaction of withdrawal and rebellion by other worlds of the Republic.

At the Chancellor’s request, the Jedi Council sends two Jedi Knights, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luminara Unduli, to resolve the conflict and negotiate with the elusive nomads. Undaunted, Obi-Wan and Luminara, along with their Padawans Anakin Skywalker and Barriss Offee, set out across the wilderness. Many perils lie waiting to trap them. The Jedi will have to fulfill near-impossible tasks, befriend wary strangers, and influence two great armies to complete their quest, stalked all the while by an enemy sworn to see the negotiations collapse and the mission fail . . .

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Obi-Don
01-28-2002, 06:15 AM
If this is true about the colors of the lightsabres. The only thing I can say is"Thats Sucks". I was looking forward to the different colors. I'm starting to think that GL doesn't care about the fans anymore. Oh, lets not give the fans anything that they might like.:mad: Its my ball and I'll go home if you can't play my way.:cry:

I know it is his baby,but come on! We are the reason it is so big. Without us it would be just a movie that you rent when you can't find anything else to watch. And there would be no other movies. Ok, I'm done now.:frus:

yaddle yodas love pu
01-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Do we really need another Plo Koon figure? Hasbro just released a realy great one a few months ago. On that same topic, do we really need another 2 versions of Mace Windu? We already have 2 versions of him from E1. Also do we need another version of Sae Se Tin? Again, he we just released in POTJ a few months ago. Why dosent Hasbro concentrate on making NEW Jedi, that have NEVER been made into figures before like Yarel Poof and Oppo Rancis and Evan Piel or Yaddle?

Darth Ovori
01-28-2002, 04:25 PM
I'm still waiting for a White Saber!

SithDroid
01-28-2002, 05:18 PM
Watch ANH then. Luke's saber is white when he is fighting the droid on the millenium falcon before they reach Alderaan.

Emperor Howdy
01-28-2002, 11:13 PM
Yaddle yodas love poo? :eek: ........hmm.....didn't know that...:crazed:

GNT
01-29-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by yaddle yodas love pu
Do we really need another Plo Koon figure? Hasbro just released a realy great one a few months ago. On that same topic, do we really need another 2 versions of Mace Windu? We already have 2 versions of him from E1. Also do we need another version of Sae Se Tin? Again, he we just released in POTJ a few months ago. Why dosent Hasbro concentrate on making NEW Jedi, that have NEVER been made into figures before like Yarel Poof and Oppo Rancis and Evan Piel or Yaddle?

The new Plo Koon doesn't have a cape/cloak thing this time,his in an action pose and comes with a blue Lightsaber and force tool :)

The new Mace Windu also has a new lightsaber colour which is purple :)

Obi-Don
01-31-2002, 08:44 AM
Yes we need more Jedi's and not rehashes of the old ones.

yaddle yodas love pu
01-31-2002, 09:39 AM
The new PLo I may get because of the new costume and pose. But I am NOT going to buy yet another Mace just because his lightsaber is a different color. Please stop rehashing and make the rest of the Jedi council.

pthfnder89
01-31-2002, 11:20 AM
Well, I'll buy at least the deluxe Mace Windu, because I think he looks great in the picture Hasbro released, and the Battle Droid/Force puch thing is kind of neat.

But I'll buy Plo Koon simply because he's one of my favorite Jedi characters, so I'm pretty biased there. (of course, I'm actually going to buy ANY Jedi figure they release, so I guess Im actually just biased towards Jedi, in general)

sith_killer_99
02-01-2002, 09:33 AM
JarJarBinks is correct about the new novel. It is meant to lead in to EP2. Not to mention Rogue Planet which takes place between EP1 and EP2! ;)

SithDroid, the lightsaber used by Luke in ANH, is actually Anakin Skywalkers, and it is supposed to be silver.;)

I for one would like a Plo Koon figure without the hidious "sealed cloak". Something that shows a little more detail in his Jedi robes, and maybe, just maybe, dare we hope....knee articulation.:)

yaddle yodas love pu
02-01-2002, 09:39 AM
Sorry buddy, but I dont think you are going to have your wish granted re: Plo's knee articulation. THe preview pics clearly show that the new Plo has no knee articulatrion, but rather is locked in a squatting pose. Thankfully, Plo's squat is not as extreme as Jango's or Anakins or Obi Wans or ...(fill in about 10 other names)...

SithDroid
02-01-2002, 04:04 PM
the lightsaber used by Luke in ANH, is actually Anakin Skywalkers, and it is supposed to be silver.

Actually, if that is true sith_killer_99, then how come at Ben's house it appears to have a GREEN tint to it. Also, isn't that the same lightsaber that Luke uses in ESB? The color of that one is blue. Perhaps the special effects supervisor at ILM was colorblind. If you have another answer, I'd like to hear it. Also Vaders lighsaber can be seen as white in ANH. It is from quite a distance away. I can't believe these things were never caught.

Unit-01
02-01-2002, 04:46 PM
Pic of closeup of Plo Koon in this thread. http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=26&t=000261 (here)

sith_killer_99
02-03-2002, 12:35 AM
I always thought it looked more silver at Ben's place on Tatooine, maybe it's just the fact that the background is light and they are in the desert. But I thought it looked kinda silver in the Falcon too, when he was practicing.

It is still Anakin's Lightsaber though, right? ;)

As for the change to blue, I haven't got a clue?
:p

And if you think the editing in the OT was bad just go back and watch EP1.:D And GL probably spent 10 times as much money producing that "Masterpiece".:crazed:

SithDroid
02-03-2002, 01:52 AM
At least on my version it looks like it has a slight green tint at Ben's House. On the Falcon, it is definately white all the way.