PDA

View Full Version : New battlepacks

Kidhuman
08-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Photos on the main page (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=218) for these new battle packs.

The naboo one looks pretty cool. The tatooine Sarlaac pit looks decent. I will get these when I see them.

Luuuuuuke
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
I'm an opener, so I'm passing on these. But the display is nice.

figrin bran
08-06-2006, 10:12 PM
oooooh look saga rehashes in the sarlaac pack. you'd think they could've retooled weequay a bit. i mean, if you really wanted that figure, you can get it for dirt cheap on everyone's favorite auction site.

Jayspawn
08-06-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm gonna pass on both. The packaging is great! But they're old figures I already have.

DarthQuack
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
These look pretty good, I'll be getting them, at some point lol.

bobafrett
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I've managed to pass on all but two, and I won't have a problem passing on these two.

Battle Droid
08-06-2006, 10:44 PM
Will these be Exclusives?

El Chuxter
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Uh, you guys did notice that the Carkoon set actually has the Desert Skiff in the box with the figures, right? Now that's a Battle Pack. I'll be passing, as I have everything in the set, but that's a sweet pack-in.

Kidhuman
08-06-2006, 11:13 PM
I do not have the skiff and I did notice it, which is why I will get it.

Battle Droid
08-06-2006, 11:17 PM
Looks a little small to be the skiff, I think it's just cardboard.

Darth Cruel
08-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Uh, you guys did notice that the Carkoon set actually has the Desert Skiff in the box with the figures, right? Now that's a Battle Pack. I'll be passing, as I have everything in the set, but that's a sweet pack-in.

On the off chance that you are not joking (and I am sure you are) if it actually was a skiff, you would be able to see Luke's and Han's legs. Although it IS a great mock-up.

LTBasker
08-07-2006, 12:59 AM
I was really thinking it was the skiff actually packed in for awhile but then looking closer at it you can see several errors. The rear railing gets cut in half by a cardboard seperation, Lando exists only from the waist up, Han and Luke's ankles are going into the middle divider and Weequay's left leg merges into the nose section.

I can't believe how close they got to the illusion though, it's alot better than the Gunship packs and I may get one to keep packaged just because that looks so good. I was rather depressed when I realized it's not really the skiff as I missed out on the Target release, but I'm hoping they'll release one to go with the battle pack like the CW Gunship/Hunt for Grievous joint release.

jedi master sal
08-07-2006, 06:36 AM
I too was almost duped into believing this was a real skiff in there. But I realized after about a minute that it was a cardboard cut-out. I'll pass on this set, unless it clearances cheap. Don't need those figures yet again, but the packaging is very nice. Same for the Naboo set. Nothing new, though I would love to get my hands on some more battle droids. (Anyone getting this set that might not want the battle droids, please contact me and let's make a deal.) I'll wait for this one to clearance too before I think about buying it.

Though I think it is the right time to release these, especially the Naboo one. Those figures haven't been out in awhile and yes even though you can get them cheap on eBay, in this nice packaging and all at once is going to entice some newer fans and collectors to buy.

-Sal

Kidhuman
08-07-2006, 06:59 AM
If you look it seems to have pegs for the figures feet on it. If its a mock up then its damn good

TheDarthVader
08-07-2006, 11:35 AM
I concur. I believe the skiff is cardboard. I don't think Hasbro would release a skiff with the five figures and not charge us a lot of money.

Did anyone notice that the Maul is the jedi duel version with the BLACK vest? I need a black vest Maul! I have the much more common grey vest version. That is awesome!

Luuuuuuke
08-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Actually, Kidhuman might be right. While I doubt that there's a complete skiff there, it's possible there's half of a miniturized one. Of course they wouldn't have a complete large one. You can definitely see pegs. So if it's all cardboard, it's definitely a cardboard version of an actual skiff. (But if you look at the rail of the skiff, on the left side, you see there's a gap there. That tells me that at most, it could be a partial skiff.

Anyway, not saying I agree it's a skiff because I too think Hasbro wouldn't do this without ratcheting up the price, but it could be.

El Chuxter
08-07-2006, 12:07 PM
It also appears it has the cheapo "breakaway" plank from the Skiff.

LTBasker
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
From Galatic Hunter's latest Q&A at the very bottom:

"no, you don't get a skiff with it. And no, you don't get half a skiff with it. Hasbro loves to make mock-up packaging based on toys lately, as you can see in the Clone Attack at Coruscant Battle Pack and the Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack, both of which feature illustrations showing their respective vehicles"

http://www.galactichunter.com/q_and_a/060807.asp

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
I concur. I believe the skiff is cardboard. I don't think Hasbro would release a skiff with the five figures and not charge us a lot of money.

Did anyone notice that the Maul is the jedi duel version with the BLACK vest? I need a black vest Maul! I have the much more common grey vest version. That is awesome!
That's not the Jedi Duel Darth Maul; it's the one from the Masters of the Darkside two-pack that has since been rereleased several times (mostly in the 2003-04 Saga line). You can tell because he has ball-joint shoulders and an open left hand, and his teeth are showing.

That's also obviously not the real skiff, but a picture of the Hasbro version. Take a look at the "vehicle's" left side, the little pointy thing it clearly cardboard and you can see that the rutter thing looks to be jutting out from the body while in fact it's on the same 2D "level." Also, the rail in front of Luke and Han doesn't have individual posts; if it did you'd be able to see their legs. It's the same for the things in front of Lando (whose right leg is missing from the cardboard picture) and the Weequay. It's otherwise pretty convincing and I can imagine that many people will buy this pack and be disappointed when they open it.

I'll be passing on both of these. The packaging is overall pretty cool, but I don't like how the Weequay's head is covered by the logo and the large amount of blank space above the heads of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul. I do like how the Battle Droids are flying, though. It's good to see TPM product again, even though we're getting the same Naboo duel characters (not figures, except for Qui-Gon) in the Commemorative Tin set.

dindae
08-07-2006, 01:15 PM
It's otherwise pretty convincing and I can imagine that many people will buy this pack and be disappointed when they open it.

I would think the illusion is not remotely convincing looking at in your hands, but the straight on picture is fairly deceptive. Of course you would have to be a fool to think Hasbro would give you much more than your 5 figures in a battlepack for the same price.

El Chuxter
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Okay, that's stupid. Why include a mock-up of a vehicle last released in limited numbers over six years ago? Wouldn't it make sense to include A) the vehicle itself, or B) a mock-up of the actual skiff as seen in the film?

That just seems weird to me.

Dark Marble
08-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I will also pass on these as there is really nothing new to them. I do have a question though, do Weequay and Lando have "new" force pikes???

DarthQuack
08-07-2006, 03:39 PM
How about giving us another Skiff for those of us who missed it the first time.

dindae
08-07-2006, 03:45 PM
I will also pass on these as there is really nothing new to them. I do have a question though, do Weequay and Lando have "new" force pikes???

No it's the same one that came with Lando before. The only thing I see different is the paint on Weequay. However I my pick up the Theed battle pack if it is the same obi figure with cloak that is coming out with the naboo wave (so I can pass on that figure and pick up a few more battle droids.)

Ji'dai
08-08-2006, 09:47 AM
I thought the skiff was included too at first glance, or at least half of one. Had to check this thread to confirm I was just seeing an illusion. Interesting trompe l'oeil there Hasbro, nice presentation job. I'll be passing on these sets and the repacked figures though.

Jargo
08-08-2006, 11:24 AM
kinda makes me glad I picked up a couple of skiffs. I might buy the sarlaac set if it hits clearance. don't have Lando yet and another weequay would enable me to customise him into Ak Buz. I got a second weequay ages ago to customise into the second skiff weequay, so this would let me do the sail barge one who takes a tumble as luke scales the side of the barge. I was going to use Sora Bulq for it but his head is too big.

They should have just carded the Weequay again.

be nice if hasbro did some new skiff guards or a new sculpt of the vintage Nikto skiff guard considering he's the pilot of the skiff the heroes are on.
And from the other skiff, the dude wearing what looks like a WWII military helmet and Sgt. Doallyn because Pote Snitkin is lonely.

that naboo set is awful really. Qui-Gon looks like the horrible one with the push button karate chop action feature. in fact to be honest why did they bother with such a poor set? the Maul figure is ok but not great, the battle droids are weak and over aall I can't see any appeal even for newcomers.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2006, 12:45 PM
that naboo set is awful really. Qui-Gon looks like the horrible one with the push button karate chop action feature. in fact to be honest why did they bother with such a poor set? the Maul figure is ok but not great, the battle droids are weak and over aall I can't see any appeal even for newcomers.
The Qui-Gon is the Jedi Master version from the end of the Episode I line, which had the comlink.

However I my pick up the Theed battle pack if it is the same obi figure with cloak that is coming out with the naboo wave (so I can pass on that figure and pick up a few more battle droids.)
This Obi-Wan is the Jedi Duel version from the first Episode I wave, with a new cloak. The TSC Obi-Wan uses that body with the head from the Jedi Knight figure (same time as the aforementioned Qui-Gon) that had the real hair braid, and has a cloak and a different paint job.

For future reference, these are the figures in these sets (though their accessories and paint may be different):

Naboo
*Battle Droid - Episode I
*Battle Droid (Security) - POTJ
*Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Duel) - Episode I
*Darth Maul (Masters of the Darkside/Theed Hangar Duel/Hall of Fame) - POTJ/Saga
*Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master) - Episode I

Carkoon
*Lando Calrissian (Jabba's Sail Barge) - Saga
*Han Solo (Battle of Carkoon) - TSC
*Boba Fett (Battle of Carkoon) - TSC (kitbash of VOTC and Saga figures)
*Luke Skywalker (Jabba's Palace) - Saga
*Weequay Skiff Guard - POTF2

kool-aid killer
08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
The only reason im going to be buying the Naboo battle pack is for the two battle droids and Obi's cloak. Those are what appeal to me from that one. The next battle pack i wont be getting, simply because i dont need any of the figures coming in it, plus it reminds me a lot of the battle pack that came out a year or so ago that had Jabba's Sailbarges gun in it.

Jargo
08-08-2006, 04:13 PM
The Qui-Gon is the Jedi Master version from the end of the Episode I line, which had the comlink.

Still sucks though. There's never been a decent Qui-Gon figure.

*Battle Droid - Episode I

That's the POTJ Boomer damage battle droid in the pictures. episode one battle droids were all thick legged and fell over. the Boomer damage one had the thinner legs and arms. smaller head, smaller feet, better hands. matches the security droid fairly well. they're smaller all round than episode 1 battle droids.

DarkArtist
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah major letdown on the battlepacks. I was hoping for a decent Sarlacc pack in but alas no such luck. The theed one is a letdown as well. Was just over at galactic hunter and they posted a pic of the Arrest of Palpatine battlepack, again another letdown.
So far with the exception of the Hunt for Grievous and Mace's Squadron the battlepacks are real bummers.:upset:

Blue2th
08-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah the "Arrest of Palpatine" is kinda ok. The Jedi all have soft goods robes except for Eeth Koth. I thought that Palpatine was in his black robes in that scene in ROTS, not the red robes like in this Battlapack?

Kidhuman
08-08-2006, 06:32 PM
No he is in red robes.

DarthQuack
08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
I do like the soft goods on the Jedi. Bring on the cloth.

figrin bran
08-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Yeah the "Arrest of Palpatine" is kinda ok. The Jedi all have soft goods robes except for Eeth Koth. I thought that Palpatine was in his black robes in that scene in ROTS, not the red robes like in this Battlapack?

you mean Agen Kolar and not Eeth Koth, right? :p

i really like the cloaks on mace, saesee tinn and kit fisto and so i'll probably pick this one up. even though i've already have openers of all these jedi, i could use them for custom fodder.

DarthBrandon
08-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah major letdown on the battlepacks. I was hoping for a decent Sarlacc pack in but alas no such luck. The theed one is a letdown as well. Was just over at galactic hunter and they posted a pic of the Arrest of Palpatine battlepack, again another letdown.
So far with the exception of the Hunt for Grievous and Mace's Squadron the battlepacks are real bummers.:upset:

Yeah, that's because Hasbeen likes to re-use everything without a fresh thought in their brains. My version of this battlepack would have been every Jedi were in cloth robes ( I mean WTF, you can't give Agen a cloth robe like the others) & Mace / Palpy would be S.A. with cloth robes as well. How hard can this be anyways? They seem to get lazier & lazier everytime & I'm not buying any of these this time around.

Banthaholic
08-08-2006, 11:53 PM
I like the display of these. The cloth robes is a added bonus. The mockup department is doing a good job of displaying recent products.

Turbowars
08-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Wow, Hasbro is really stretching these packs. There should be a rule with these. At least 1 or if not 2 figures should be new or newish. I mean throw in a repaint of Astro droid or something. Damn Hasbro isn't even trying with some of these packs. I guess they are great for kids, but suck for the rest of us, oh wait I'll take that back, I know some do like these. The Arrest of Palpatine was lame in the film and it's lame in plastic. I mean the 4 Jedi went out like chumps. There should had been some kind of stuggle. Oh well that's another thread.

Banthaholic
08-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Wow, Hasbro is really stretching these packs. There should be a rule with these. At least 1 or if not 2 figures should be new or newish. I mean throw in a repaint of Astro droid or something. Damn Hasbro isn't even trying with some of these packs. I guess they are great for kids, but suck for the rest of us, oh wait I'll take that back, I know some do like these. The Arrest of Palpatine was lame in the film and it's lame in plastic. I mean the 4 Jedi went out like chumps. There should had been some kind of stuggle. Oh well that's another thread.
I'm all in favor of a newish figure or something unique to the set, though when this happens there is usually a bunch of whining from fans that they 'have' to spend $20 for the new <insert figure name here>. I'm all for newish figures to entice more sales. It's good for Hasbro's bottom line and good for those of us wanting more and willing to spend to get it.

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 01:13 AM
you mean Agen Kolar and not Eeth Koth, right? :p

i really like the cloaks on mace, saesee tinn and kit fisto and so i'll probably pick this one up. even though i've already have openers of all these jedi, i could use them for custom fodder.
That is correcto-mundo! I get Eeth Koth and Agen mixed up. Though I did find a mistake: Agen Kolar's saber is supposed to be blue Ha!...... I might buy them because of the soft goods.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-09-2006, 01:44 AM
Whoa! If that's the Freeze Frame Weequay then this is a good deal! :stupid:

Seriously though, I was a little confused looking at that one. Part of the skiff looked real, part of it didn't. However, I figure they wouldn't include a skiff in a battle pack. I won't be getting this one, nothing new for me. I might get the other one, mainly for the battle droids, but I'll wait and see. Undecided on the Jedi vs Sidious one. I'd basically be paying for the robes.

I don't mind that they put out rehash figures in these, unless they have cool new figure while the rest is old stuff that I don't need another of. These sets are good for those that missed the figures the first time though. Also an easy way for a kid to get several figures at once.

mastermatt24
08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
Hurray! More things I can soooo easily pass on! great job hasbro! :yes: :D

pegger
08-09-2006, 06:49 AM
One thing comes to mind when I see these....garbage. I agree with Turbo - there should be atleast 1 new fig. I am passing on all of these.

figrin bran
08-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Hurray! More things I can soooo easily pass on! great job hasbro! :yes: :D

you seem to say that about everything! is that some sort of automated response? :p

jedi master sal
08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
The sets look nice but I can't seem to bring myself to want to buy them. I too am of the notion that at least one if not two figures should be new. If maybe they included some of Palpy's furniture, I might have bought it. (and not the cardboard crap)

The naboo set would have been a no brainer if it had an SA Obi and/or Qui-gon. I want the battle droids, but won't pay the price for just those two. Here's hoping these will also go on sale like the Skirmish sets did. Than I'll clean house for the Battle droids.

The Skiff set while looks neat is really uninspired. Most of the figures are barely a year old or NEWER. Not much thought for this one. So I guess I can save SOME money..of which will be used for army builders anyway, just means I should be able to get more, or more sooner rather than later.

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
They could have just as easily made a Battlepack with Qui-Gon, Maul (on his speeder) little Anakin and an EOPIE! Even though most of it would be re-hash, I guarantee it would sell better!

mastermatt24
08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
you seem to say that about everything! is that some sort of automated response? :p
I know! Isnt it great??!! I cant belive im sayin it myself, but I just looove the sound of it! And think of all the space I will save, and not wastin 20 bucks, not wastin time and gas drivin around! Its great!
Serioulsy, even for the endor wave im only gonna buy 2 figs, and even all the new ones in the ep1 wave, I might only get the podracers...
And I have no idea why Ive been collecting like I have all this time. Now I have all this stuff I dont really want (even though I like it I just dont really want it..)
From awhile back and now forever I only get wat I want.

yea.. sry for gettin off topic.

jedi master sal
08-10-2006, 02:13 PM
I know! Isnt it great??!! I cant belive im sayin it myself, but I just looove the sound of it! And think of all the space I will save, and not wastin 20 bucks, not wastin time and gas drivin around! Its great!
Serioulsy, even for the endor wave im only gonna buy 2 figs, and even all the new ones in the ep1 wave, I might only get the podracers...
And I have no idea why Ive been collecting like I have all this time. Now I have all this stuff I dont really want (even though I like it I just dont really want it..)
From awhile back and now forever I only get wat I want.

yea.. sry for gettin off topic.

It's cool mm24, we all have to at some point or another. I've been seeing this more often as of late. I think Collectors are quickl coming to the breaking point. We have too much stuff that we only want those last few rare things to finish out the collections and call it quits. I also think many of us believe that while we'll forever love SW, there's no way the license is going to last until 2018 so we want the stuff we want NOW, before it tanks out.

Couple that with just the factor of time. Heck I'm turning 37 later this month. I'm made a vow to stop collecting at 40. I know alot of guys have either severly slowed or stopped collecting all together because of having families.

Most of us are bored with rehashes, reissues, whatever Hasbro wants to call them...

So no need to say sorry about getting off topic. Your thoughts are very much the same thoughts as the rest of us.

Even though it seems Hasbro has listened to us and gone back to the "bread and butter" of the line, which is action figures of course, it's the execution of how they are doing it. Lame rehashed figures in battle packs that the VAST majority of SW fans already have, or over priced tins (even with that one new or newish figure) just aren't going to cut it.

We want to see more NEW molds than old. Reasonably priced stuff, Stuff we've been asking, nay demanding, nay VOTED for, for some time.

Oops now I've gone off topic...but my remarks stand.
-Sal

Mad Slanted Powers
08-10-2006, 07:59 PM
Couple that with just the factor of time. Heck I'm turning 37 later this month. I'm made a vow to stop collecting at 40. I know alot of guys have either severly slowed or stopped collecting all together because of having families.I just turned 36 a couple months ago. I have no plans to stop at 40 if they are still making figures and there are figures I want to get and my finances allow it. But then I don't have a family, and there is no indication that I will not remain single.

I don't mind rehashes and repacks. That means I don't buy as much and can save a little money. There are always new kids getting interested in Star Wars, so they will want to be able to have core figures in their most recognizable outfits. Thus, we will continue to get plenty of Vaders, Commtech Hans and Tatooine Lukes.

With battle packs, it's kind of tricky. The ideal battle pack (outside of all new figures of course) would have at least one new figure and most of the repacks would be army builders. But rehash packs like these new ones are good for kids or collectors who didn't get these figures before. For a kid, getting mom to buy five figures at once would be tough. However, a nicely displayed battle pack with figures all from a single scene might be an easier sell. For collectors, maybe they weren't collecting when the originals came out, or didn't have the funds to get all the figures they wanted before.

Overall, I'm still excited about collecting. These battle packs may be a big pass for me, but the Imperial Officer and Republic Commando sets are something to look forward to. There will be more figures this year than there were in a movie year last year, with hints of some cool stuff coming next year.

mastermatt24
08-10-2006, 08:22 PM
I think Collectors are quickl coming to the breaking point. We have too much stuff that we only want those last few rare things to finish out the collections and call it quits. I also think many of us believe that while we'll forever love SW, there's no way the license is going to last until 2018 so we want the stuff we want NOW, before it tanks out.

Of course. I know what you mean by the rare things to- but Im starting to realize the same thing to be true. I got the Jorg Sacul figure. Ok? I payed like 70 bucks for it, now its not nearly that much. I want*ed* the Toy Fair vader. Ok, If I get it, what is it gonna do for me? Im not lookin to make money off these things later, so why bother? Same thing with all those convention/internet exclusives. Ok maybe theyre cool, but why? When I think lame I think of last years Holo Leia- that thing was bad. Thats what turned me off from exclusives. I even thought that 501st fig was lame. It still has that crappy helmit- so theres no way im trackin that one down.
Yea- I wouldnt mind to see some stuff before it all shuts down, but like I learned with Scorch, I may want it but if I dont find it, why does it matter?

I think Bono sums it up best: "What you dont have you dont need it now"

ok. Enough rant from me! :cross-eye

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I'll also pass on the Sidious set. It's nice to see the Jedi Council Mace instead of the ROTS one, but they didn't even give Agen a blue saber this time or use Palpatine's proper unscarred head. It seems like the recent criteria for a "new" figure is a repack with a cloak.

JON9000
08-12-2006, 01:16 PM
I always got the impression that Battelpacks were primarily aimed at kids with the price point and inclusion of straight repacks. That being said, if you see a pack with figures you do not have already (such as the Palps Pack), it's a nie cheap way to get some openers. The Palps pack has the added bonus of softgoods cloaks!

I'll pick up either that one or the Mace BP. Haven't decided. I may pick up the Sarlaac, since I passed on all of those figures, and the POTF2 versions are somewhat lacking.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-12-2006, 02:29 PM
I always got the impression that Battelpacks were primarily aimed at kids with the price point and inclusion of straight repacks.

That was just in one of the other site Q&A questions:

The mainline, or national battle packs are designed with kids foremost in mind. That's why there are very few new, and they are more commonly themed repacks with a heavy concentration of recognizeable and cool kid characters along with a couple lesser known characters to complete the theme (Battle for Sarlacc being a prime example of this).
Now for exclusive battle packs, we take a different approach. We design these to be collector-targeted, knowing that if we strike the right chord they are something collectors will want to go to that retailer to find and ensure the sell-through at the retailer. This is why the exclusive battle packs have more of a troop building flavor to them. They are designed specifically to ensure that the packs will be able to sell through in a certain period of time.

figrin bran
08-14-2006, 11:16 AM
more of these are on tap for '07 as announced by a hasbro rep during a show in the UK:

- Jedi training: Yoda, R2-D2 and Luke Skywalker fighting himself as Vader
- Battle of Geonosis: "...will include some jedi'..."
- Battle of Ilum: "...will include Padme in her snowbunny outfit..."

COMMANDERCODY2795
08-14-2006, 11:31 AM
i belive there was no battle of ilum, that was just a little operation, it wasn't a battle because there was no battalion of clones. and if they are the animated im totally skipping. im gonna mace's sqaudron, palpatines arest, geonosis, and maybe the battle of the sarlaac, maybe the battle of ilum. but im not sure but if they re release animate dfigures i swear to god ill.....

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-14-2006, 12:06 PM
More of what figrin bran mentioned can be found at RS (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/UPDATE_New_Battle_Packs_For_2007_99704.asp):

The sets announced are :

- Jundland Wastes Encounter: Luke Skywalker, Tusken Raider, C-3PO, R2-D2, Ben Kenobi
These sound pretty good. I'll definitely get some and wait to see on others.

Hopefully they'll rerelease the 2002 Dagobah X-wing R2-D2 in the set as I don't really want to buy the X-wing when the new one is so much better. Also, it would be cool if they included the clean OTC Bespin Luke as I only have the dirty 2002 one. And my Dagobah Vader's head peg broke off so it's difficult to have the head in there.

The Geonosis set will likely have Anakin and Obi-Wan. Here's hoping for some SA AOTC clones as well.

As I've said before, I'd love to see Snow Bunny Padm&#233;, Yoda with a dark brown cloak, a good AOTC C-3PO, a holographic Dooku, and whatever else they want to put in there (I'm betting ROTS Luminara). It would be cool to see a Chameleon Droid, one in solid colors and one in translucent plastic to show it's becoming invisible, but I doubt it'll happen.

The Jundland Wastes set would be a good time to release more VOTC Tuskens and a solid-painted OTC Spirit of Obi-Wan, but it'll probably be the Flashback version once more.

kool-aid killer
08-14-2006, 12:08 PM
I dont think a "Battle of Ilum" pack would come in an animated style with no other animated figures on the horizon. Off the top of my head i think it would need to have Padme (obviously) Yoda, C-3P0, R2-D2, and a battle droid/super battle droid (even though i realize neither of those two droids appeared in the episode) or a new figure of the actual droid they fought there. But it needs a bad guy, or else there is no battle.

I think a "Battle of Geonosis" battle pack would be cool if it had two droids, and three generic Jedi. The droids could be the obligatory repacks. But i imagine it instead to have Jango, Obi, Anakin, Mace, and a battle droid/geonosian. Disappointing if its anything close to that.

El Chuxter
08-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I'm going to cross my fingers that the Ilum set will include a resculpted Barriss Offee who isn't auditioning for an opera.

kool-aid killer
08-14-2006, 12:18 PM
I think Hasbro would rather include higher profile characters in their sets, so thats why i dont think we will see Barriss. But i agree she needs an updated figure where she can be posed in a neutral stance.

dindae
08-14-2006, 12:38 PM

Meh I doubt I will get excited about this since I have all of these covered unless there is some sort of scenery piece

Could be very cool but likely be a lot of repacks

Just having Padme will be a garantee buy for me. Anything else would be gravy. I would hope they would steer clear of R2 and C-3po since they are in the next battlepack

- Jundland Wastes Encounter: Luke Skywalker, Tusken Raider, C-3PO, R2-D2, Ben Kenobi

I would like a good resculpt Ben hood up.

Battle Droid
08-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Hopefully we'll get some Chameleon Droids in the Ilum Battle Pack.

El Chuxter
08-14-2006, 01:07 PM
If Padme's in this set, I'm thinking it may be an exclusive. Hasbro's said they're going more for kids with the general release, and collectors with exclusives. Barriss isn't a huge likelihood, but is a possibility.

dindae
08-14-2006, 02:53 PM
If Padme's in this set, I'm thinking it may be an exclusive. Hasbro's said they're going more for kids with the general release, and collectors with exclusives.

I agree. I guess the Jundland Waste pack is taking place of the Tantive IV assualt pack that was rumored a while back. Too bad at least that would have likely offered a Stormtrooper and/or fleet trooper.

Kidhuman
08-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Not too shabby on the packs, depending on whoes in them of course. I do like the Judland waste one. I will get the Battle of Ilum(target exclusive???). The geo one depends on who is in it and the Dagobah I might get for Vader(lukes face) if it has a removeable mask.

DarkArtist
08-14-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm looking forward to these battlepacks actually. Here's hoping for some decent figures to be included.

I can picture the Jundland Wastes to include a Tatoonie Wave Luke, perhaps the weak looking VOTC Threepio or the Flashback Photo Threepio, a VOTC R2 and Saga Tuskan Raider and perhaps the POTJ Kenobi.

Ilum sounds cool, as well as the Snow Bunny Padme

Jedi Training could be cool as well

LTBasker
08-14-2006, 04:59 PM
The jundland waste could be worthwhile if it comes with COMMtech R2 and the dagobah spirit Obi-Wan sculpt. Ironically it's one of the best Obi-Wans, but has only been released in the clear plastic.

Rogue II
08-14-2006, 05:00 PM
The only one I'm interested in is the Jundland Wastes battlepack. But, that depends on which versions of the Tusken Raider, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Ben Kenobi are included.

Blue2th
08-14-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm happy we are finally getting Padme in her Snowbunny suit. Like it's been said already though, the Battlepack needs some bad guys. Some or one of those cloaking droids. It would be ok to get 3PO in beige and yellow colors for something different, even though we know none of the figures will be animated. I would prefer they liven up the colors a little more like they are doing with the EU comic characters to more match the cartoon.

Banthaholic
08-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Hopefully the Jundland Waste pack has Obi with a soft good robe with hood up to simulate that touching moment when ol Ben 1st appeared in A New Hope

Mad Slanted Powers
10-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Saw the Carkoon and Jedi vs Sidious packs today at Fred Meyer. The actual package on the Carkoon set is obviously a cardboard skiff rather than looking like the mock up that appeared to have part of a plastic skiff in it. The picture on the back of the pack does show the figures posed in an actual skiff though.

I passed on the Carkoon set, but went ahead and got the Jedi vs Sidious set. I can't quite tell what that figures Mace is kitbashed from. Looks like maybe a Saga version with a non-screaming head.

Jargo
10-07-2006, 10:54 PM
- Jundland Wastes Encounter: Luke Skywalker, Tusken Raider, C-3PO, R2-D2, Ben Kenobi........

ooh just what we need, another re-re-re-re-re-re-release of a tatooine Luke. they have one just out, they have another just been out. I know they have to have core characters but damn, a decent Luke in stormtrooper gear would have been better. Could have done Luke & Han, Chewie, stormtrooper, Imperial officer (in black uniform using the Jerjerrod sculpt and a head from the POTJ imperial officer). A few weapons and give it a background of the detention block. Bingo, we have a winner.

I'd hardly class that tusken encounter as a battle anyway. Luke passes out after a mild threatening from a guy in a dirty bathrobe and halloween mask. The tuskens run off after Ben wails like an old woman with bum grapes. Threepio falls off a cliff and R2 hides like a girl. No - hardly a scene worthy of being called a battle.

However the detention block is more like it. high tension and insurmountable odds. opposing forces, a desperate situation. Unwitting heroes and cold blooded villains. Much more worthy of a battle pack.

Turbowars
10-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I wonder sometimes why some of us even post anymore MR. :p I feel the same way.

jedi master sal
10-08-2006, 11:16 AM
I wonder sometimes why some of us even post anymore MR. :p I feel the same way.

Heh heh. Mr.DP has a penchant for words at times, huh...