PDA

View Full Version : Ok Hasbro... aka The Big Wait

Warstar
08-07-2006, 11:15 AM
With 25 new 3" Star Wars Titaniums coming out (the 24 SDCC pictured versions plus the Gold Millennium Falcon that itsme tracked down), 6 new BSG 3" Titaniums, at least 3 Ultra Titaniums (possibly more if the Jedi Starfighter and others actually get produced), a regular battalion of ROTS Clone Troopers (Airborne, Marine, Mace's Troops, etc.), seems I am in for a LOT of purchasing over the next few months...

...the only downside is the waiting...

I mean I know it's standard to have some down time between when a figure/vehicle is displayed at a show or con and when it's sold, and I know that Hasbro ice skates the fine line between rousing collector interest and losing collector interest, but does anyone else feel like "DANG! NEW STUFF! NOW! COME OUT NOW! BE ON MY STORE'S SHELVES NOW! NOW NOW NOW!" besides me?

*SIGH!*

I should be heeding Master Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi with their whole "Patience!" rigamarole (SP) but, dang it, I want all this new stuff in my collection and on my shelves NOW. NOW NOW NOW. :p

We should revisit this topic in, say, 6 months, and see if everything has been released that we've been teased with lately (the SDCC stuff for sure! ;)) I bet not all of it will have hit the pegs by the beginning of February 2007...

And the wait goes on...

EDIT: Now then, to make this more of a discussion than a rant, what are you looking forward to the MOST with all of the teases we've had lately?

Me? Believe it or not, I think it has to be the 3" Titanium AT-TE and AOTC JSF. Those just look friggin' awesome! :D

In the 3 3/4" line, the Airborne-style ROTS Clone Trooper that ISN'T in Mace's colors. He's coming- he's announced- we have yet to see a pic though :p

dindae
08-08-2006, 10:14 AM
In the 3 3/4" line, the Airborne-style ROTS Clone Trooper that ISN'T in Mace's colors. He's coming- he's announced- we have yet to see a pic though :p
Here is a picture http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20060718/20060718_picview_hasbro/img/37.jpg

figrin bran
08-09-2006, 12:16 AM
i have the action fleet AT-TE so i can hold out for the 3" version. the aotc JSF is the one i'm dying to get, i suppose. as well as the B-Wing and TIE Interceptor

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 01:12 AM
"The waaaaaiting is the hardest part"! Hopefully we will start to see some of the new Titaniums in the next few weeks. The B-Wing, Interceptor, and all three of the next BSG's were already in packages in the display at SDCC.

Jangu Fett
08-09-2006, 09:27 AM
Hopefully we'll all be seeing the Ultra Jedi Fighter with the new 3" Titaniums. Before Hasbro kills the Ultra line.

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Hopefully we'll all be seeing the Ultra Jedi Fighter with the new 3" Titaniums. Before Hasbro kills the Ultra line.
I'm doin' my part. I've bought every one except the Tri-fighter. Funny thing when they went on sale to a $15.00 price point, they seemed to suddenly be hard to find! Maybe Hasbro should get rid of the stupid case and make the $15 the regular price. (I've said this numerous times already) I had to scramble to get the snowspeeder. I have yet to see the Millenium Falcon though.

Jangu Fett
08-09-2006, 06:47 PM
I've seen the Falcon and Vader's TIE, wasn't that impressed. But, that was before they went on sale. I have yet to find the AT-AT. I was going to get the ARC-170 and maybe the Tri-Droid when they went on clearence, but $15 is still abit much. I have the Republic Gunship, Slave-1 ( couldn't resist ) and Snowspeeder. I want the Galactica and maybe the AT-AT, if I ever find it. But, I really wanted the Jedi Fighter. If it was from ROTS, I might have got 2. But once again Hasbro goes and does rehashes or rather cheap looking models ( ARC-170 and Tri-Droid ), instead of new detailed models to keep people interested in the line. It's 2002 everybody, get ready for "NEW" Action Fleet!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: Sound familiar to anyone else?

Blue2th
08-09-2006, 07:40 PM
You know that instead of killing the Ultra line as rumoured, the Hasbro bean counters should find a way to cut the cost. That really is what it's about for them or any business. Sure there are re-hashes and I think they need to mix it up with new ones, but remember this is die-cast! People need to realize that they may never get another chance at getting ships like these ever again in metal! Hasbro needs to keep this line alive, by making it more attractive to consumers. If this means cutting the excess cost of making them (the case) then that is a smart business decision (it's the ships that matter!) But they shouldn't kill the Ultras till they have tried to make it work. Heck, eliminate the unecsesary case, save some bottom dollar, charge the same price. If it means making it more economically viable (profit) to keep the line alive, I'm all for it. Pleeeeeeze don't kill the Ultras Hasbro! :cry: